Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (151243 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
graciousolo:
Some of us have been glued to our phones and laptops for this. What happens when he's ready and, one of Unilorin' is not?

Exactly. The duo the better option now, as we cannot but have the debate today, if we are suppose to shift it, the would have been done earlier than this, we can't use this to affect anyone's exam and also we can't hold this for to long...

So?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:

Exactly. The duo the better option now, as we cannot but have the debate today, if we are suppose to shift it, the would have been done earlier than this, we can't use this to affect anyone's exam and also we can't hold this for to long...

So?

What happened in the last match was somehow embarrassing. When one of the UI reps was absent and only one rep did it against us. And many were throwing the weight of their support on the sole representative which later has reasonable effect in the best debater ratings.

Sole participation was also resorted to for Ibadanpoly who presented 2 reps but sacrificed one rep and consequently their proceed.

This needs to be looked into

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by graciousolo(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:

So?

My team, through our leader, Neyoor . already proposed a postponement which I think is quite benevolent. Some would have proposed something different, like total disqualification, because the efforts put in by others can not be overlooked.

The date has been long scheduled. So, I don't know why someone is been excused for not showing up.

By the way, we wrote essays during our exam periods too.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
There should be prior knowledge duel match in this case where one of the participant is unavoidably absent.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Tourshaw:

What happened in the last match was somehow embarrassing. When one of the UI reps was absent and only one rep did it against us. And many were throwing the weight of their support on the sole representative which later has reasonable effect in the best debater ratings.

Sole participation was also resorted to for Ibadanpoly who presented 2 reps but sacrificed one rep and consequently their proceed.

This needs to be looked into
What are you guys even saying? We are faced with an unforeseen predicament, and Fynestboi is trying hard to find an imminent solution befitting to both parties.
You wouldn't feel like you've won if you win in a duo? or you'll feel cheated if you lose in a duo?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

What are you guys even saying? We are faced with an unforeseen predicament, and Fynestboi is trying hard to find an imminent solution befitting to both parties.
You wouldn't feel like you've won if you win in a duo? or you'll feel cheated if you lose in a duo?

Others gave the organisers notice of their unavailability in advance which is not case in your case.
I hope Abuklaw can show up today and let it be a good contest.
But to go AWOL is not good enough and a big slap on the organisers of the debate.
He must show up today or I will come and drag him out of that place he is
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Others gave the organisers notice of their unavailability in advance which is not case in your case.
I hope Abuklaw can show up today and let it be a good contest.
But to go AWOL is not good enough and a big slap on the organisers of the debate.
He must show up today or I will come and drag him out of that place he is
Listen to yourself.

Abuklaw's phone was stolen together with his laptop, you think he's playing a coward?

I want him to be here more than you do, he won the position of the best debater twice.
You guys need to calm down and be open to whatever solution there is.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
graciousolo:

My team, through our leader, Neyoor . already proposed a postponement which I think is quite benevolent. Some would have proposed something different, like total disqualification, because the efforts put in by others can not be overlooked.

The date has been long scheduled. So, I don't know why someone is been excused for not showing up.

By the way, we wrote essays during our exam periods too.

Nope you didn't... We had to shift yours because of your exam ask Neyoor..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Listen to yourself.

Abuklaw's phone was stolen together with his laptop, you think he's playing a coward?

I want him to be here more than you do, he won the position of the best debater twice.
Guy. Try and peruse what you post.
He said his phone was stolen and was asked if he would be available for this Debate to which he answered AFFIRMATIVELY.
Haba, yet he refused to show up after giving his words.
Nobody is happy that his phone was stolen but he gave his word and should be blamed for failing to show up.
The judges have their own commitment and should be accorded respect. You can't just be wasting their precious time.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor the solution here is a duo, what do you have to say? There is nothing we can do as regard shifting it. What else?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:
Neyoor the solution here is a duo, what do you have to say? There is nothing we can do as regard shifting it. What else?

Ok let's proceed with the duo.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

I didn't direct the question to you but Fynestboi. As regards your questions, we will feel it same way but you will said it's because of the absence of the guy. If you think you can do it, let's duel. We are ready
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Listen to yourself.

Please we need your presence now to commence the debate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor:

Please we need your presence now to commence the debate.
Am present, waiting for the Go word
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi:

Nope you didn't... We had to shift yours because of your exam ask Neyoor..

Yes, we did. Graciousolo's faculty and freshmen finished a week after. Even that day he wrote his final paper. Neyoor and I just did the cover up to avoid needless show.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Fynestboi!

We are set ooooo
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Guy. Try and peruse what you post.
He said his phone was stolen and was asked if he would be available for this Debate to which he answered AFFIRMATIVELY.
Haba, yet he refused to show up after giving his words.
Nobody is happy that his phone was stolen but he gave his word and should be blamed for failing to show up.
The judges have their own commitment and should be accorded respect. You can't just be wasting their precious time.
Thanks for your opinion, but I am not a coward as you claimed. What should I be afraid of; is it to write or to counter. You are simply the one that failed to see the intricacies that goes on in the real world. I can even post my submission here for you to see.

Should I go and steal, If couldn't find a means of logging in on time?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 5:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
Thanks for your opinion, but I am not a coward as you claimed. What should I be afraid of; is it to write or to counter. You are simply the one that failed to see the intricacies that goes on in the real world. I can even post my submission here for you to see.

Should I go and steal, If couldn't find a means of logging in on time?
I did not call you a coward.
I know you as a dogged fighter.
My saying I will drag you out was a joke.
My issue with you is you should have informed the moderators you won't be available today and they would fixed another time instead of keeping them waiting.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 5:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
I did not call you a coward.
I know you as a dogged fighter.
My saying I will drag you out was a joke.
My issue with you is you should have informed the moderators you won't be available today and they would fixed another time instead of keeping them waiting.
I know you were joking but people will still think I deliberately went awol to avoid the debate. I always use my phone to monitor events and my laptop to type, post and counter. , But since the theft incidence, I couldn't monitor events nor find someone to lend me system for the typing.

I am so sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused nairalanders and extremely disappointed that it pans out this way. I also don't want to think, research and type in futility.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
I know you were joking but people will still think I deliberately went awol to avoid the debate. I always use my phone to monitor events and my laptop to type, post and counter. , But since the theft incidence, I couldn't monitor events nor find someone to lend me system for the typing.

I am so sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused nairalanders and extremely disappointed that it pans out this way. I also don't want to think, research and type in futility.
All is well bro.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Thanks luxanne but please look into my complaint.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
Let go of this issue.
I understand how you are feeling after utilising your precious time to write an argument only for it not to be useful for its purpose. Don't worry, things like this happen.
You are still a Great debater any time.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Tourshaw and grcaciousolo!

Thanks team mates but please kindly stay away from the debate thread. Come her to register any grievances, besides we don't even need that.

Staying online from 12 to 6p.m is not easy. Is it?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
During the course of the debate. One of the judges Mr herexG directed a question to my opponent and it was answered by Abuklaw, who is not part of today's contest. I don't know if that is allowed because even though my team mates were around throughout. They didn't interrupt the exercise.

Cc:

Luxanne

Fynestboi
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor:
During the course of the debate. One of the judges Mr herexG directed a question to my opponent and it was answered by Abuklaw, who is not part of today's contest. I don't know if that is allowed because even though my team mates were around throughout. They didn't interrupt the exercise.

Cc:

Luxanne

Fynestboi
lol grin This is pure self-defense in response to the allegation I raised. I am a major player in today's debate not a spectator, the question I answered won't earn me any mark neither will it add to that of my colleague. But be honest, is it kind of you to impersonate neyoor? you don't know the weight of impersonation in Nigeria legal world. It is a serious offense my brother and punishable by 3 years imprisonment.

r
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by graciousolo(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Same Abuklaw that kept us all waiting for about 4 hours. I'm using my laptop to charge my phone right now.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Tourshaw: 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw,

I don't want to answer you in that thread again. Could you come so that I tell you the meaning of impersonation you seem not to appreciate. I don't want to trade words with you. I know you don't know that you don't know. So, let's make it a peaceful class
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by graciousolo(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
lol grin This is pure self-defense in response to the allegation I raised. I am a major player in today's debate not a spectator, the question I answered won't earn me any mark neither will it add to that of my colleague. But be honest, is it kind of you to impersonate neyoor? you don't know the weight of impersonation in Nigeria legal world. It is a serious offense my brother and punishable by 3 years imprisonment.

r
Such insolence. You should be well behaved even if you are on an online platform. I'm done with you. I never really had your time.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by luxanne(f): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:

Abuklaw, I need you to take time and read through the chitchat on this thread to see where your opponent pleaded your presence as being paramount for today's debate.

Your response tonight is not so befitting of you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuklaw:
r

You would have been but you came behind the time and that was tantamount to disruption. You entered the thread to post what you could have posted here.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by luxanne(f): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Neyoor:

Cc:

Luxanne

Fynestboi

I saw that and it has been noted.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
luxanne:

Abuklaw, I need you to take time and read through the chitchat on this thread to see where your opponent pleaded your presence as being paramount for today's debate.

Your response tonight is not so befitting of you.
I really appreciate the concern of everyone but it seems you don't the subject of my complaint. Henceforth, I won't talk about it again.

Thanks everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (65) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60