Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? (37505 Views)

Is 15 Years Worth Waiting For A Green Card? / Adjustment Of Status (aos) From F1, K1, F2, Etc To Green Card (usa Only!) / Abia River That Turns Green When Rain Falls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
ayodele234:

Please can you name one yourself so we get this discussion started cos if they are really known it shouldn't even be a matter of discussion. And for your information 62% of Americans are just one paycheck away from living on the street. Nigerians are fond of exaggerating the western world while also giving all our money to global capitalism

I thought you knew one? So you don't know how many Nigerians living in US and their financial capabilities and you are wasting your time here arguing?

Why not argue with facts rather than saying something you knew every little about?

Being a millionaire in Nigeria is NOT the same as being a millionaire in America, compare like to like

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 4:36am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

How many Nigerians living in US do you know?

He is right though.

I've opened a couple of threads about this before.

The problem is such kids are considered competition by practically everyone who meets them regardless of nationality or ethnicity, and as such they are relegated to the bottom of the general pecking order. Some who were not raised Nigerian may be able to integrate (barely) as some form of AA, but the ones who actually have some form of knowledge about Nigeria, get the short end of the stick from both Americans AND Nigerians, and ESPECIALLY from Nigerians.

This is a fact plz. If the "Nigerian Americans " have other American born members in their family for social support, then they are minimally in a better position compared to those who don't. Key word here is minimally however.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:

He is right though.

I've opened a couple of threads about this before.

The problem is such kids are considered competition by practically everyone who meets them regardless of nationality or ethnicity, and as such they are relegated to the bottom of the general pecking order. Some who were not raised Nigerian may be able to integrate (barely) as some form of AA, but the ones who actually have some form of knowledge about Nigeria, get the short end of the stick from both Americans AND Nigerians, and ESPECIALLY from Nigerians.

This is a fact plz. If the "Nigerian Americans " have other American born members in their family for social support, then they are minimally in a better position compared to those who don't. Key word here is minimally however.

He is right about what? That he knows every single Nigerian living in America and non is a millionaire?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by Goldenboy007(m): 9:33am On Sep 27, 2015
ayodele234:

It is obvious you are living in a dream land. "Legacy that changes the destiny of your children unborn"? Please name a single Nigerian that was born in the US. that made it. Just a single one. No Nigerian was able to save $2million in 401k, if they did CNN Money will profile them. This is 2015 you guys should stop living in a dream land. You guys are brain dead for real. The first 5 million successful Nigerians were born and made their wealth in Nigeria. Trust me, No american based is on the list. None

It seems you are the disillusioned one, what is the meaning of your term "made it", that's a local parlance for successful drug dealers, fraudsters and public fund looters! Also what do you mean by brain dead? can't you express your opinion without being derogatory ? Your use of words show how myopic and uncouth you are! Your idiosyncrascy has been so psycologically improvished by poverty that it has blinded you to the fact that you do not need money running into millions before you live a very comfortable life in some societies !!! How many hard working Nigerian workers have pensions? Or can boast of $2million in retirement plans? If there are as many entrepreneurial millionaires in Nigeria as you claimed why are you unemployed( I am sure you are) or why is there an economic downturn? Disgruntled elements like you that have unsuccessfully applied for US visa will always be ready play the devil's advocate when it comes to issues like this. Gentleman stop talking like an illiterate if you cannot back your facts with empirical evidences !
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

He is right about what? That he knows every single Nigerian living in America and non is a millionaire?

Which one did you see who is a millionaire?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:

Which one did you see who is a millionaire?

How much do you think Obi Okeke worth? I guy that has sold 39 cars to Mayweather, including a $3.2 million Ferrari Enzo and three Bugatti Veyrons that are worth $6.2 million combined. Sold cars to the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jessica Simpson, Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Tucker and more.

How much do you think Michael Akindele the founder of Solo phone worth and what do you know about his background?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2015
@ayodele234

Learn how to post without insulting anybody here. Its a weakness when you need to insult people so as to win argument.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

How much do you think Obi Okeke worth? I guy that has sold 39 cars to Mayweather, including a $3.2 million Ferrari Enzo and three Bugatti Veyrons that are worth $6.2 million combined. Sold cars to the likes of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jessica Simpson, Ellen DeGeneres, Chris Tucker and more.

How much do you think Michael Akindele the founder of Solo phone worth and what do you know about his background?

Obi Okeke was born in Nigeria according to this report:

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-former-nigerian-refugee-that-became-floyd-mayweathers-favorite-supercar-dealer-2015-8

I do not know the second name you mentioned either. Where was he born?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:

Obi Okeke was born in Nigeria according to this report:

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-former-nigerian-refugee-that-became-floyd-mayweathers-favorite-supercar-dealer-2015-8

I do not know the second name you mentioned either. Where was he born?

Whether he was born in heaven or hell is inconsequential the fact is that he lives in US and made his millions in US

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 10:40am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

Whether he was born in heaven or hell is inconsequential the fact is that he lives in US and made his millions in US

My point of reference was Nigerians born in the US, or Americans born of Nigerian parents.

I am not referring to Nigerians in general therefore we are not on the same page.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2015
with d rate at which d naira is depreciating, d remaining 15 million naira wnt be enough for a cup of tea in AMERICA.

Lord have mercy, you are harsh.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:

My point of reference was Nigerians born in the US, or Americans born of Nigerian parents.

I am not referring to Nigerians in general therefore we are not on the same page.

Michael Akindele was born in Washington
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2015
I dont know him.

Is he a millionaire?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:
I dont know him.

Is he a millionaire?

Do your research before making generalised comment.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

Do your research before making generalised comment.

Not sure what you are referring to.

The report I'm seeing says his phone company is based in Nigeria, which sort of still does not explain your point.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

he lives in US and made his millions in US

Any evidence for these claims?
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by justwise(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2015
tpiander:

Any evidence for these claims?

Google is free, use it.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by tpiander: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2015
justwise:

Google is free, use it.

Humour me.

As I cruise, so do you.
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by olumidazz: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
With 20m i will get green card with 3.5m
Re: 20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? by nlPoster: 8:37am On Sep 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) / My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors" / 12 Things Every Nigerian That Came Back With A Foreign Accent Will Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.