Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,509 members, 7,770,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:42 AM

6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married (3009 Views)

6 Things That Kill A Relationship Slowly Than Cheating / .... / Why Do Most Guys Change After Getting A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by pressy09: 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Anybody who tells you that life won't change after you get married is lying... or they've never been married. Even if you've been living together for a couple of years, things change after the honeymoon. The first year of marriage can be hard, but if you know what to expect and you're prepared for it, it's a lot easier to tackle and enjoy. Here are a few changes you can definitely expect:

1. Your friendships
You relationships with your girlfriends will change — especially if you're first in your crew to get married.

2. Your privacy expectations
You may have to ask some friends to give you back their copies of your keys and tell your besties not to flop on your bed or dig through your drawers, even if they've been doing it for 15 years.

3. Holiday season
Holiday plans are no longer assumed and may become more of a negotiation. You'll probably find yourself hosting more of them at your house in order to include everyone and keep the peace. For many couples, the first Thanksgiving and Christmas are political quagmires.

4. Your spending habits
No more shopping on a whim for expensive items, you'll have to coordinate all of your financial matters as a couple. There will have to be a budget (hopefully a somewhat flexible one) and you have to be completely honest about your spending with each other.

5. Your bank accounts
You're not financially "independent" anymore — you're half of a couple. You need to create a joint checking account and put each other on all of each other's accounts, not forgetting to change beneficiaries on existing paperwork at your office and financial institutions. You have to establish a savings plan and financial goals.

6. Your schedule
Hopefully, the two of you are sharing household chores and responsibilities, but whether it's work or play, you'll be spending more time together. And you have two families you're obligated to spend time with and professional obligations you must attend as a couple. Even if you've been together awhile, how much time these things consume will double.

Owner of Weddings in Vieques, a destination-wedding planning company off the coast of Puerto Rico, Sandy Malone has helped countless couples plan their big day since 2007.
-Source:www.familyparliament.com
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
I just pray my future wife won't be telln me to close my eyes wen she wants to change or go hide in d bathroom to wear her cloth...

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by pressy09: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Even if she say so,that will only be for the first night on your wedding day.
Cutehector:
I just pray my future wife won't be telln me to close my eyes wen she wants to change or go hide in d bathroom to wear her cloth...
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
pressy09:

Even if she say so,that will only be for the first night on your wedding day.
dah wouldn't be cool... Sex will just be very awkward...
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 3:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:

Lol so u wan see everything from the beginning?
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

she is my wife for cryn out loud! Why d heck won't she be confortable bein naked in front of me...
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by blackjack21(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:

So you're not intending to marry you GF? shocked

15:58:18
Tue, Jul 14, 2015
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
blackjack21:

So you're not intending to marry you GF? shocked

15:58:18
Tue, Jul 14, 2015
trust me. Any girl dat I will call my girlfrnd, I shall marry her..

1 Like

Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
she is my wife for cryn out loud! Why d heck won't she be confortable bein naked in front of me...

She might act like that at first but aftEr a while she'll just get tiRed, she won't even know when She begins to walk around the house naked.
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by falconey(m): 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

Who wouldnt?
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ebiz12:

She might act like that at first but aftEr a while she'll just get tiRed, she won't even know when She begins to walk around the house naked.
abi.. A gurl I used to knw told me me likes walkn around her house naked ... Maybe sometimes in bra nd pants only
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
falconey:

Who wouldnt?
Patience is a virtue .
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
Nobi still you go see everything all through una married years?
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by blackjack21(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
trust me. Any girl dat I will call my girlfrnd, I shall marry her..

OK. smiley
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

Nobi still you go see everything all through una married years?
na still me na... Who wan see am before grin

Den wen we are all very old and usin walkin stick to walk, there will be sagged chests, wrinkled face, sagged flat bweasts, wrinkled skin.. Loool we will stay in our diferent rooms grin
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
na still me na... Who wan see am before grin

Den wen we are all very old and usin walkin stick to walk, there will be sagged chests, wrinkled face, sagged flat bweasts, wrinkled skin.. Loool we will stay in our diferent rooms grin
shocked Stay in which different room? Lialia o we must stay in the same room by fire by force. I no go gree make that one happen o
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

Stay in which different room? I no go gree make that one happen o
lol... It just happens..
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
lol... It just happens..
So after you Dan see all the fresh ones finish, who you leave d wrinkled once for? undecided
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

So after you Dan see all the fresh ones finish, who you leave d wrinkled once for? undecided
lol sometimes I use to think wether grand papas and grand mamas do hav sex..
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Alexas58: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Will coment wen it reaches ftc
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by MsBliss(f): 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Cutehector:
lol sometimes I use to think wether grand papas and grand mamas do hav sex..
Lol Why don't you ask Granny ?
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Cutehector(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
MsBliss:

Lol Why don't you ask Granny ?
hahahaha ur nutty...
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by wisdomiskey(m): 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
freecocoa doesn't nid
to worri about all dis
coz sheeel nevva get
married.
Nobody wants an
old fat cargo
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by b3llo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
They both will gain weight after Marriage.
Re: 6 Things That Will Change After You Get Married by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 15, 2015
Now I know grin

(1) (Reply)

Today Is Braless Day!!! / Did I Insult Him? / Ladies, Please Rate My Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.