Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36566 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by finestmoraj(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
grin the remix is dope. 100% I like it.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by RaheemRisinq: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Actually King Kong is a madt Hit Rap song but it's not d best in 9ja oActually King Kong is a madt Hit Rap song but it's not d best in 9ja oActually King Kong is a madt Hit Rap song but it's not d best in 9ja o

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Muhammedkaka: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
D Best
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by sleekarry(m): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
♔ king Kong remix is dope..
Even the original version..
Y'hating undecided
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Tee6ix: 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Cdc. . Baddest
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kay29000(m): 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
this statement is irrelevant to the entire gist and unnecessary. Nicki Minaj is a girl and I bet she knows more about rap than you do. Several guys here have agreed with me, they must be girls too abi? Such statements should not be made if you want to be taken seriously. Local rappers needed an Hausa Rapper and a fast spitter to beat this jam and it had neither

Hey, no vex babe...I was just annoyed over your statement about the song being 'the best naija rap song ever.' Anyway, the song is really growing on me. Take care.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dannythaboss007: 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
this is dope
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by ModiKen(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
I rap too

Uncommon I wld say.

Not everyday u see a lady in love with rap songs, let alone one that also drops lyrical lines.

Wld keep that in mind, just incase I see a rap album from an artist called Safari, so I wld quickly claim relationship.... grin
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by DAvIt0(m): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....I used to be popular on rap section between 2011-2012, even engaged in a couple of rap battles, ask airmark.

I've just been dormant on there these days

Then I missed out. Wasn't following that section then
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Emodeee: 12:37am On Jul 16, 2015
Some of these people claiming rappers nvr enter studio b4 o. Continue deceiving urselves.

Safarigirl, woo me with nice rap lines.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Emodeee:
Some of these people claiming rappers nvr enter studio b4 o. Continue deceiving urselves.

Safarigirl, woo me with nice rap lines.
guy, I don enter studio, pesin feature me sef...if pesin wan deceive im sef no be on top things like rapping, wetin that kain thing wan do for you?

Woo you ke? Why you dey follow me for NL sef? undecided
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Emodeee: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2015
safarigirl:
guy, I don enter studio, pesin feature me sef...if pesin wan deceive im sef no be on top things like rapping, wetin that kain thing wan do for you?

Woo you ke? Why you dey follow me for NL sef? undecided

Woo me make I read ur rapping prowess.

Na anybody wey I like, I go follow for nairaland. Sheee u no want make I follow u ni?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Emodeee: 1:08am On Jul 16, 2015
Btw, safarigirl, gv me link mk i download d song wey dem feature u.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by airmark(m): 2:09am On Jul 16, 2015
safarigirl:
lol....I used to be popular on rap section between 2011-2012, even engaged in a couple of rap battles, ask airmark.

I've just been dormant on there these days

You know I dey vex for you? You divorced me and ran to sport section. If I catch you?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, you definitely need a hug from a huge bear - emotional kid throwing hissy fit for being an ignorant stark illiterate. No need for prima donna drama - just pay attention to details whenever you meet folks who are more knowledgeable than you. No need to hate and cry. grin

Rap is rap - anything that's overly commercial is pop. I believe in ya obtuse mind, Flo Rida and Pitbull, are also rappers, no? grin

And nah, you probably listen to rap - but I don't listen to it, it's my religion. I studied hip hop! grin

My mistake that I tried to reason with you.

You could have listened to and studied rap for as long as river Nile existed, but it won't make Metuselah wiser than Einstein, neither would it make him more knowledgeable than Jesus Christ. It's not about the length, you should know that, if you truly knew rap.
Dumbo! Mentioning Florida and pit bull like a b!tch.

I expected this sorta reply, but I did not think you'd suck this much at something as trivial as dissing. Anyway re-read my initial reply, it takes two to tango brah.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
Promhize:

My mistake that I tried to reason with you.

You could have listened to and studied rap for as long as river Nile existed, but it won't make Metuselah wiser than Einstein, neither would it make him more knowledgeable than Jesus Christ. It's not about the length, you should know that, if you truly knew rap.
Dumbo! Mentioning Florida and pit bull like a b!tch.

I expected this sorta reply, but I did not think you'd suck this much at something as trivial as dissing. Anyway re-read my initial reply, it takes two to tango brah.

Illiterate hocus-pocus lol.

Get some tissue and wipe the tears off ya eyes lol.

Anyway, don't forget to ask for tutoring next time like you should have done and make sure you do it politely with civility.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
Shymm3x:

Illiterate hocus-pocus lol.

Get some tissue and wipe the tears off ya eyes lol.

Anyway, don't forget to ask for tutoring next time like you should have done and make sure you do it politely with civility.

Lame
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nuges11(m): 6:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
So I finally listened to the song. No Safarigirl, you blew this trumpet a little too loud. The song is dope, true, but I expected way more and it definitely isn't the best Naija rap song. Far from it. Phyno seemed to be trying to hang on the beat all through his verse, Reminisce, I've heard better lines from him. Classiq, good flows. Uzi, now this guy must have bitten a little of Kendrick's liver, the 'dopest' guy on the track.

You should listen to SBM (seriki ft. Vector), even the original King Kong song is 'doper' than this
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Muhammedkaka: 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
Awesome
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 25, 2015
safarigirl:
This is just my personal opinion. Vector's King Kong remix featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi has to be the d-opest rap song in Naija (ever?)

The visuals were crayyy! Butterfield beyond the video, the contribution of every artiste on that track was just out of this world....they all came correct. I haven't seen artistes go as hard as those guys did on a collaboration. Like they all wanted to prove something, and boyyy did they prove it! (maybe they were tryna outdo Sarkodie's remix? grin).

I had some favourites, so i'll break them down from my best down to the least IMO....they all did good, but some were amazing.

1) Uzikwendu(Uzi): the lil bro of Killz did not disappoint his big bro. This dude was just FIRE on the track. Like, where the hell has he been? We've got Twista here and we've been rockin' to a bunch of 2Chainz niggas? I loved EVERYTHING about this dude's lines. The rhthm, the speed, everything was just....DAMN! I have to see him again.

2) Classiq: first off, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vector for finally getting a REAL A-boky on a track, Ann boy did this dude represent! On a track with fairly established guys, these new bloods definitely took the spotlight. Classiq was just waoh! Rapping in Hausa, he delivered the language of the North so beautifully, one is tempted to sign up for an Hausa class. Thank you Nasarawa for giving us Classiq

3) Phyno: As usual, Mr. Obago delivered his punchlines with enough infusion of Igbo so you make no mistakes where he's repping, but at this point, we should all know how Phyno does it....I particularly liked his line "Real recognises real, ma nigga so why don't you look familiar?".

4) Vector: As much as Vector owned the original of this song, he had to tone it down for the other guys, but he still brought his heat. Would've preferred if he opened the music, but he was still pretty awesome on it, I liked his Johnny line

5) Reminisce: Baba Hafusa was my least interesting act on this beat. I just feel like Olamide would've murdered this song more than he did. He was just okay, he went as hard as he has in recent times, but still, he fell short just a little compared to the other guys.

Totally, Uzi and Classiq were the stars of this song and MattMax definitely did some magic with the visuals....even though there is a resemblance to Jay-Z's "On to the next one". Certain scenes stood out for me. The illuminati-ish scene with Uzi as well as the Horse rider scene with Classiq.

Here is the video, what do you think of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBVXIxqG0k

Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark

yeah, Olamide wld v murder that beat more than reminisce...having d two of them wld b a better option like in local rapper. others sarkodie and mi(plus vector making it top two english rapper)... then may b it ll v bn the best rap collaboration
the only new thing that kind of made it spectacular is Classiq rap(using hausa) and he murdered the song. with olamide on it wld v bn too dope like ghost mode,local rapper..olamide wld v murdered all d indigenous rapper there, except sarkodie possibly. it ll b in dz order: sarkodie, olamide, or olamide ,sarkodie,classiq, phyno,reminisce ( according to dz remix already done)

note to som guyz: olamide is not laid back, he changes style, he can decides to go aggressive.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 26, 2015
other dope rap collaboration( as in containing indigenous rap or combined)
123 dj neptune ft dagrin, mi , naeto c...love mi and dagrin part

champion remix ft general pype, dagrin, vector, sasha p, naeto c...really love how dagrin opened the song #rugged swag, he killed it...wif his rugged and charming voice.

wish dagrin is alive to teach them how to do it well#king kong remix
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by alleazardous(m): 12:37am On Jul 26, 2015
Has anyone listen to any of these musik(wazobia:morell,reminisce and phyno.........blaze:mi,jesse jags and ice prince..........cool as ice:jimmy jatt,ice prince, and ice berg slim...........Bleep u:mi and ice prince..........government...ijoba)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Davido Pushes A Fan's Wheelchair (Video, Photos) / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.