Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36567 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

I don't think these folks know what rap is. They just watch rap videos and put nursery rhymes together, talking about nothing, and they call it rap. Every time someone recommends a naij rapper to me - I just listen to the garbage and shake my head in disgust.

Didn't the Ice Prince guy say his bars are like fish? grin Then a next clown, M.I, used to spit gibberish and they labelled him the best thing since slice bread. They're all garbage.

They still need proper education on what rap music entails and how to write bars, with content. Then when you move to complex rap patterns, that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

This crap is ya typical Afrobeats, all noise with mofos speaking in tongues. grin

Yo, rap is not one thing, it's a lot of things. It cannot be the same across different cultures cos no two cultures are the same.

You aren't the only that listens to Western rap, non-commercial ones at that. You go around yapping like a teenager with the best toys. Yeah, you always, all around this forum.

People cannot all have the same preferences, or the same definition of something as subjective as RAP, the world wouldn't be fun.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by caseyhills(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Anybody that condemned this video is EP AK ENEMY OF PROGRESS!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by simdam500(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2015
Best Nigerian Rap song

What a dumb statement...
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Richiy(f): 10:41am On Jul 15, 2015
I don't really listen to Nigerian rap but that remix was very good.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2015
no2fuks:

there is nothing to get. it is only pipo that are vector fans that see something in nothing.
im not a vector fan,just sumone who appreciates pipo that really pen their lyrics
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Promhize:

Yo, rap is not one thing, it's a lot of things. It cannot be the same across different cultures cos no two cultures are the same.

You aren't the only that listens to Western rap, non-commercial ones at that. You go around yapping like a teenager with the best toys. Yeah, you always, all around this forum.

People cannot all have the same preferences, or the same definition of something as subjective as RAP, the world wouldn't be fun.

Lol, you definitely need a hug from a huge bear - emotional kid throwing hissy fit for being an ignorant stark illiterate. No need for prima donna drama - just pay attention to details whenever you meet folks who are more knowledgeable than you. No need to hate and cry. grin

Rap is rap - anything that's overly commercial is pop. I believe in ya obtuse mind, Flo Rida and Pitbull, are also rappers, no? grin

And nah, you probably listen to rap - but I don't listen to it, it's my religion. I studied hip hop! grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by killsmith(f): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2015
dubylhover:
kai,i always tell pipo that its only smart and intelligent pipo that really get vector's line...c how he correlated yemi alade,johnny,and walking away..linking with johnny walker
lol..... So because the bar didn't go over your head.... You're smart?..... My friend, take several chairs Siddon .. .....
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by killsmith(f): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2015
darkenedrebel:

even Modenine walks between a thin line of wack &average . He can barely maintain a two-syllabic rhyme scheme throughout a 16.

Boogey is the only one worth listening to nowadays. His delivery's on point, he's got bars & he's very technical ✘
I just liked this post
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2015
dubylhover:

im not a vector fan,just sumone who appreciates pipo that really pen their lyrics

well there is nothing special about that Johnny walker/ yemi alade rhyme. it could have been better but he didnt structure it right imo
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
we gats change this your name, the spelling is confusing. How you dey?

@danbrowndmf, I do not stay anywyere around Rivers, I may be there sometime this year, bit i'm based in thee capital

@modiken, i'm a female who likes rap, not a dude
hope u wuldnt mind to holla at me when ur in the state?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
no2fuks:

well there is nothing special about that Johnny walker/ yemi alade rhyme. it could have been better but he didnt structure it right imo
okk..pls tell me a good rapper in naija?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
killsmith:
lol..... So because the bar didn't go over your head.... You're smart?..... My friend, take several chairs Siddon .. .....

music is unique in its own way,evrybody connects with it d way they understand,in naija rap,apart frm phyno nd olamide,its only vec that raps in english that i actually like..cos he always make me think..m i also tries
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
dubylhover:
okk..pls tell me a good rapper in naija?
another topic for another day
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
no2fuks:

another topic for another day

so youre just confused..i had wanted to knw yur opinion to gauge yur mentality with rap
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
danbrowndmf:
hope u wuldnt mind to holla at me when ur in the state?
won't be in the state, will be close enough though....Asaba. . Will holla at you then
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
dubylhover:

so youre just confused..i had wanted to knw yur opinion to gauge yur mentality with rap

my rap iq is top notch my frnd. I just dont want to get into that argument about who the best rapper is. we were talking about the johnny walker/yemi alade line lots of ppl agree with me that paticular line was very basic and unnecessary. if that impresses you or makes you laugh out loud good 4 vector he worked his magic on someone
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, you definitely need a hug from a huge bear - emotional kid throwing hissy fit for being an ignorant stark illiterate. No need for prima donna drama - just pay attention to details whenever you meet folks who are more knowledgeable than you. No need to hate and cry. grin

Rap is rap - anything that's overly commercial is pop. I believe in ya obtuse mind, Flo Rida and Pitbull, are also rappers, no? grin

And nah, you probably listen to rap - but I don't listen to it, it's my religion. I studied hip hop! grin
anything that is commercial is pop? What do u mean? Even B.I.G once said it, that he had to go commercial a bit(on his last album) so he could me the ordinary mind demand,so will u now say he's pop?

Even eminem at a time do commercial stuff,will u still say thats a pop?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
no2fuks:

my rap iq is top notch my frnd. I just dont want to get into that argument about who the best rapper is. we were talking about the johnny walker/yemi alade line lots of ppl agree with me that paticular line was very basic and unnecessary. if that impresses you or makes you laugh out loud good 4 vector he worked his magic on someone

okk....lemme continue pimpin a butterfly smiley..peaceout
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
danbrowndmf:
anything that is commercial is pop? What do u mean? Even B.I.G once said it, that he had to go commercial a bit(on his last album) so he could me the ordinary mind demand,so will u now say he's pop?

Even eminem at a time do commercial stuff,will u still say thats a pop?

Go read the meaning of Pop(ular) music - you'll get ya answer from there. undecided
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
won't be in the state, will be close enough though....Asaba. . Will holla at you then
No P! Been to asaba once!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Go read the meaning of Pop(ular) music - you'll get ya answer from there. undecided
oga no disrespect o,buh keep ur mouth for where ur brain reach!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by ModiKen(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
we gats change this your name, the spelling is confusing. How you dey?

@danbrowndmf, I do not stay anywyere around Rivers, I may be there sometime this year, bit i'm based in thee capital

@modiken, i'm a female who likes rap, not a dude

Interesting! Do u rap too or just enjoy rap songs?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
Mynd44:
The song has my nomination for song of the year and Video of the year.

Olamide in the track....I don't know but Olamide has been known to be laid back most times but those guys were agressive.

Another song that makes sense is "Africa" (Remix) by Black Magic featuring Vector, Phyno and Reminisce

#TakeItEasy grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
ModiKen:

I Rap

Eminem and Vector Fanatic.cheesy
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
ModiKen:

I rap too
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by DAvIt0(m): 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
@safarigirl I just watched the video and I couldn't agree more. But I'll rather say the "Best Rap Music Video" not "Song".

Wow. You rap too? How come you haven't taught the rap section a little lesson?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by DAvIt0(m): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
wildchild1:
Yemi Alade was looking for Johnie cos Walker had to walk away//
I hope you ppl take a cue from Johnie,hope you ll walk away

I came (cum) last cos the ladies love it that way grin

In other news,football jerseys available for sale https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available

You picked those lines right man
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by rapsodi6(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
To me i prefer that LAYLOW'S song that features YUNG6IX,OLAMIDE,PHENOM,BUKYWILLA,LUI T,VECTOR, AND I THINK REMINISCE, i cant even remember the name f the jam sef but its dooooppppppeeeeee
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by caseyhills(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=Shymm3x post=358847. "Only time can tell how the clock ticks"
I feel you bro! isn't rap from the angle your coming from! but here they call it rap! so don't stress it! to me is cool for 9ja level of rap!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by caseyhills(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

[quote author= "Only time can tell how the clock ticks"
I feel you bro! isn't rap from the angle your coming from! but here they call it rap! so don't stress it! to me is cool for 9ja level of rap!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
DAvIt0:
@safarigirl I just watched the video and I couldn't agree more. But I'll rather say the "Best Rap Music Video" not "Song".

Wow. You rap too? How come you haven't taught the rap section a little lesson?
lol....I used to be popular on rap section between 2011-2012, even engaged in a couple of rap battles, ask airmark.

I've just been dormant on there these days
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Olagabby: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
King kong remix is awesome !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Davido Pushes A Fan's Wheelchair (Video, Photos) / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.