Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36545 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Kceezie: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
no2fuks:

what Is the name of that school you attended again?
He is 100percent correct Jare
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by otumfour(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
That Sarkodie version is doper than dope.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFT1hAPZ6w

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
airmark:

The day reminisce drop something tighter than blood money, hood rap and zero joy olamide's verses off street OT I will rate reminisce higher. For now olamide's rap is better. Don't blame olamide for pushing only his commercial materials out. He needs more money, he fell off after his rhapsody album which was more rap.

Did you ever listened to 2mush,have you heard Reminisce hook on "69missed calls" "King Kong Remix" "Africa remix" if Not,go do so,saying Olamide is a better rapper now is wrong,he got the fame when he was doing more of rap,not when singing,am not saying Olamide isn't a better rapper but for now Reminisce is way better.....
Baba Afusa
Ibile to the fullest

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by airmark(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lamispaco:

Did you ever listened to 2mush,have you heard Reminisce hook on "69missed calls" "King Kong Remix" "Africa remix" if Not,go do so,saying Olamide is a better rapper now is wrong,he got the fame when he was doing more of rap,

I have those tracks you mentioned. Reminisce tried on them but still did nt meet up to olamide's rap standard. You don't get it, olamide pushed those songs that had more fan base. Shakiti bobo would always have more acceptability than voice of the street, ilefo illuminati. He still did great rap but he would nt promote them cos they are not commercial. Olamide featured on pepenazi's Adam, samklef's living large, mocheddar's bad. You cant compare reminisce spits to any of these. his best is still the one olamide featured him on hustle, loyalty and respect.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
airmark:

I have those tracks you mentioned. Reminisce tried on them but still did nt meet up to olamide's rap standard. You don't get it, olamide pushed those songs that had more fan base. Shakiti bobo would always have more acceptability than voice of the street, ilefo illuminati. He still did great rap but he would nt promote them cos they are not commercial. Olamide featured on pepenazi's Adam, samklef's living large, mocheddar's bad. You cant compare reminisce spits to any of these.
good you said shakiti bobo was for commercial,that is what am saying from the onset Olamide said he was rap passionate and ready to push the yoruba rap genre to a next level,now the nikka has digress now wants money over the passion..Olamide became more popular cos he was always braging about how poor his background was compared to Reminisce,whom am sure had a tougher one..let's forget this and move on

Remember how wack Olamide's hook on "Ladi" was..thanks to Lil Kesh for doing better
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nemesis99(m): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
wow! this babe has great taste and understanding. kudos ma'm
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nemesis99(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
dammyblaq:
the music is actually cool, to me, baba hafusa killed it #area#.
I dunno why she thinks baba hafusa didn't deliver. maybe its bcuz she doesn't understand the things he said. anyways bro u get ear for better lines jare

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nemesis99(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
sentiments aside. these guys (uzi and classiq) did justice to the already dope jam. reminisce sef gv the song choke slam
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
danbrowndmf:
where do u reside?
you wan give me work? Cuz ya know, I've pissed a lotta dudes off here and divulging my location may not be in my best interest grin
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Donlouise(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

I don't think these folks know what rap is. They just watch rap videos and put nursery rhymes together, talking about nothing, and they call it rap. Every time someone recommends a naij rapper to me - I just listen to the garbage and shake my head in disgust.

Didn't the Ice Prince guy say his bars are like fish? grin Then a next clown, M.I, used to spit gibberish and they labelled him the best thing since slice bread. They're all garbage.

They still need proper education on what rap music entails and how to write bars, with content. Then when you move to complex rap patterns, that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

This crap is ya typical Afrobeats, all noise with mofos speaking in tongues. grin
na hw many bars u don drop? Na who know you 4 d industry? Una go dey run una mouth anyhow. Go do your own original rap song make we hear sef. IRANU
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Filled with Illuminati-wannabe imagery.

Borrowed heavily from Jay Z's video (can't recall the title).

A for effort. It's not easy to put yourself on the line and showcase your creativity.

But by far, my best Nigerian remixes are SHOKI! & Show Me Yuh Rozay

I don't think they copied Kanye's power video in anyway, yes the same theme but that's absolutely normal in a world almost anything you come up with has probably been done by someone else. If they wore costumes and paints like Kanye's, then we could say they copied Kanye, plus most of the scenes where the artists were present, we're clean, no digital edits.

This is one Nigerian music video in a long time, that I did not get bored before the end. I do not think the was great, but at the end I thought 'I was looking forward to every next scene'.

There's really nothing memorable about the video tho, which is mainly where they goofed. I really like the song and it's weird that I'm not drawn to watch the video again.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
Big ups to vector's king kong remix.,the hardest song of this year!!!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by tunexkiboy: 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Baba hafusa was gud though
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
sunsewa:
Uzi is da bomb,no break for breath,the rap and flow,nice and danceable.
uzi killed it man
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Jamaticulus(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mooh n gbona bi Maiduguri...No body near
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Promhize:

I don't think they copied Kanye's power video in anyway, yes the same theme but that's absolutely normal in a world almost anything you come up with has probably been done by someone else. If they wore costumes and paints like Kanye's, then we could say they copied Kanye, plus most of the scenes where the artists were present, we're clean, no digital edits.

This is one Nigerian music video in a long time, that I did not get bored before the end. I do not think the was great, but at the end I thought 'I was looking forward to every next scene'.

There's really nothing memorable about the video tho, which is mainly where they goofed. I really like the song and it's weird that I'm not drawn to watch the video again.

I said Jay Z smiley.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Seuncoded(f): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Robo sneh Bado sneh
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by LockDown69(m): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2015
and demonic too.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by AAinEqGuinea: 1:06am On Jul 15, 2015
otumfour:
That Sarkodie version is doper done dope.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFT1hAPZ6w

Both versions are pretty hot
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by RapLawd(m): 1:42am On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
dude, I've heard Overkillin' It remix. I even prefer it to the original, but nothing beats originality. There's an African vibe to this, they didn't just rap, they rapped in their indigenous languages and people who didn't understand still felt the flow.

You should have said thus

"Nigerian Dopest Indigenous Rap Song"
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by softvio(m): 1:58am On Jul 15, 2015
danbrowndmf:
the classiq guy is cool...how can u call dis song trash? What do u really want? Even the favourite kendrick lamar sef do trash sometimes?.:/

oboi leave dat confuse fellow.. Text-battling is dfrent from live rapping
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by boban007: 2:01am On Jul 15, 2015
y'all go listen to baba hafusa album,thats when u will know reminisce is the true king of rap in nigeria right now.LISTEN TO TRACK14 REMINISCE FEATURING VECTOR WITH SOJAY ON THE HOOK.TITLE;NOTHING.THEN LISTEN TO TRACK13 REMINISCE AND ICE-PRINCE,OTHER HIT TRACKS ON THE ALBUM,TRACK 1,2,7,8,11 AND TRACK16.DEFINITELY THE BEST RAP ALBUM THIS YEAR.BABA HAFUSA IS RED HOT RIGHT NOW.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 4:33am On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
you wan give me work? Cuz ya know, I've pissed a lotta dudes off here and divulging my location may not be in my best interest grin
lols,i admire ladies who luv hiphop alot, jus asking if u stay around Rivers sate
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 4:35am On Jul 15, 2015
softvio:

oboi leave dat confuse fellow.. Text-battling is dfrent from live rapping
lols
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by ModiKen(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
safarigirl:
This is just my personal opinion. Vector's King Kong remix featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi has to be the d-opest rap song in Naija (ever?)

The visuals were crayyy! Butterfield beyond the video, the contribution of every artiste on that track was just out of this world....they all came correct. I haven't seen artistes go as hard as those guys did on a collaboration. Like they all wanted to prove something, and boyyy did they prove it! (maybe they were tryna outdo Sarkodie's remix? grin).

I had some favourites, so i'll break them down from my best down to the least IMO....they all did good, but some were amazing.

1) Uzikwendu(Uzi): the lil bro of Killz did not disappoint his big bro. This dude was just FIRE on the track. Like, where the hell has he been? We've got Twista here and we've been rockin' to a bunch of 2Chainz niggas? I loved EVERYTHING about this dude's lines. The rhthm, the speed, everything was just....DAMN! I have to see him again.

2) Classiq: first off, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vector for finally getting a REAL A-boky on a track, Ann boy did this dude represent! On a track with fairly established guys, these new bloods definitely took the spotlight. Classiq was just waoh! Rapping in Hausa, he delivered the language of the North so beautifully, one is tempted to sign up for an Hausa class. Thank you Nasarawa for giving us Classiq

3) Phyno: As usual, Mr. Obago delivered his punchlines with enough infusion of Igbo so you make no mistakes where he's repping, but at this point, we should all know how Phyno does it....I particularly liked his line "Real recognises real, ma nigga so why don't you look familiar?".

4) Vector: As much as Vector owned the original of this song, he had to tone it down for the other guys, but he still brought his heat. Would've preferred if he opened the music, but he was still pretty awesome on it, I liked his Johnny line

5) Reminisce: Baba Hafusa was my least interesting act on this beat. I just feel like Olamide would've murdered this song more than he did. He was just okay, he went as hard as he has in recent times, but still, he fell short just a little compared to the other guys.

Totally, Uzi and Classiq were the stars of this song and MattMax definitely did some magic with the visuals....even though there is a resemblance to Jay-Z's "On to the next one". Certain scenes stood out for me. The illuminati-ish scene with Uzi as well as the Horse rider scene with Classiq.

Here is the video, what do you think of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBVXIxqG0k

Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark

Are u a guy or a girl cos I have never seen a girl that love rap this much to even describe in details a rap song.

BTW as a dude who has been in love with Nigerian Rap since 1998, ModeNine remains the boss of Nigerian rap. He is not the average Nigerian rapper droppin lame punchlines and say a bunch of rubbish especially those that do it in their mother tongues like Olamide. I speak yoruba so I understand every jagon he says in d name of dropping punchlines.

Afta Mode is Jesse Jags. Ever wondered why they haven't been commercial enuf....cos they are way ahead of the Nigerians and d Nigerian music industry....on fans who are ahead too understand and feel them

After those two mentioned above.....u have other Nigerian rappers....

Shikena cool
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by GIYAZZ(m): 5:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Safarigirl
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Matri10(m): 5:35am On Jul 15, 2015
Vector is d beast n d beat is his meal....
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Gynacologist(m): 6:18am On Jul 15, 2015
dammyblaq:
the music is actually cool, to me, baba hafusa killed it #area#.
tat dude is somfin else...i prefer ds guy a million tymz to olamide..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 15, 2015
I thought the song was good shocked shocked....the Video? EVEN BETTER!!!

Me likey
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kcthepundit(m): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Nice song but I still root for local rappers though as ma rap song of the year.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Safarigirl
we gats change this your name, the spelling is confusing. How you dey?

@danbrowndmf, I do not stay anywyere around Rivers, I may be there sometime this year, bit i'm based in thee capital

@modiken, i'm a female who likes rap, not a dude

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patapaa – "One Corner" (Official Video) Ft. Ras Cann & Mr Loyalty / Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Davido Pushes A Fan's Wheelchair (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.