Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36568 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by wildchild1: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Best rap song in Naija ever? naaa,don't think so

Ibile,i be warrior,pe ni Elkanemi (El Kanemi Warrior) grin

No doubt Uzi killed the track, the boy is so dope,i can still remember his freestyle on coolfm last year on friday club mix with DjXclusive,Dotun and N6, the other rappers in the house just keep quiet, no one was able to match him that night, he even went in the 2nd time, if you hear punchlines,u go fear am

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by yoged(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
NwaNimo1:
What of 'Chop my Money'
chop my money ko chop my banana ni

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by CoolKizzy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
I totally agree

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by tbagjames(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
classic was just classic
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
I haven't listened to the song. But i give it a distinction. Let me follow the trend.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Moblord(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
safarigirl:
This is just my personal opinion. Vector's King Kong remix featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi has to be the d-opest rap song in Naija (ever?)

The visuals were crayyy! Butterfield beyond the video, the contribution of every artiste on that track was just out of this world....they all came correct. I haven't seen artistes go as hard as those guys did on a collaboration. Like they all wanted to prove something, and boyyy did they prove it! (maybe they were tryna outdo Sarkodie's remix? grin).

I had some favourites, so i'll break them down from my best down to the least IMO....they all did good, but some were amazing.

1) Uzikwendu(Uzi): the lil bro of Killz did not disappoint his big bro. This dude was just FIRE on the track. Like, where the hell has he been? We've got Twista here and we've been rockin' to a bunch of 2Chainz niggas? I loved EVERYTHING about this dude's lines. The rhthm, the speed, everything was just....DAMN! I have to see him again.

2) Classiq: first off, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vector for finally getting a REAL A-boky on a track, Ann boy did this dude represent! On a track with fairly established guys, these new bloods definitely took the spotlight. Classiq was just waoh! Rapping in Hausa, he delivered the language of the North so beautifully, one is tempted to sign up for an Hausa class. Thank you Nasarawa for giving us Classiq

3) Phyno: As usual, Mr. Obago delivered his punchlines with enough infusion of Igbo so you make no mistakes where he's repping, but at this point, we should all know how Phyno does it....I particularly liked his line "Real recognises real, ma nigga so why don't you look familiar?".

4) Vector: As much as Vector owned the original of this song, he had to tone it down for the other guys, but he still brought his heat. Would've preferred if he opened the music, but he was still pretty awesome on it, I liked his Johnny line

5) Reminisce: Baba Hafusa was my least interesting act on this beat. I just feel like Olamide would've murdered this song more than he did. He was just okay, he went as hard as he has in recent times, but still, he fell short just a little compared to the other guys.

Totally, Uzi and Classiq were the stars of this song and MattMax definitely did some magic with the visuals....even though there is a resemblance to Jay-Z's "On to the next one". Certain scenes stood out for me. The illuminati-ish scene with Uzi as well as the Horse rider scene with Classiq.

Here is the video, what do you think of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBVXIxqG0k

Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark
Classiq is from Bauchi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by sucess001(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
All these small small boys will just be using words like 'ever' anyhow...

you don listen to overkilling it remix by MI, ICE PRINCE AND JESSE JAGS?...you don listen to olufunmi remix ft. Da Capo?

make i no even start jare...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by niceguy7(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
That uzi of a guy were is he from?
Classiq rep the hausa aspect wella.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na true sha. Bcoz for my area too, they say its d best. Both d beat and everytin.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by femi4: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Filled with Illuminati-wannabe imagery.

Borrowed heavily from Jay Z's video (can't recall the title).

A for effort. It's not easy to put yourself on the line and showcase your creativity.

But by far, my best Nigerian rap remixes are SHOKI! & Show Me Yuh Rozay
Davido dey rap ni?

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
What the fecky fvck is this? grin

In 2015, these folks don't even know how to put words together for form a 16 apart from singing in tongues. All Nigerian rappers suffer from nursery rhymes syndrome.

Just create a next genre for this garbage and stop giving rap music a bad image.

Trash - but video is decent though.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by carzola(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
safarigirl:
This is just my personal opinion. Vector's King Kong remix featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi has to be the d-opest rap song in Naija (ever?)

The visuals were crayyy! Butterfield beyond the video, the contribution of every artiste on that track was just out of this world....they all came correct. I haven't seen artistes go as hard as those guys did on a collaboration. Like they all wanted to prove something, and boyyy did they prove it! (maybe they were tryna outdo Sarkodie's remix? grin).

I had some favourites, so i'll break them down from my best down to the least IMO....they all did good, but some were amazing.

1) Uzikwendu(Uzi): the lil bro of Killz did not disappoint his big bro. This dude was just FIRE on the track. Like, where the hell has he been? We've got Twista here and we've been rockin' to a bunch of 2Chainz niggas? I loved EVERYTHING about this dude's lines. The rhthm, the speed, everything was just....DAMN! I have to see him again.

2) Classiq: first off, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vector for finally getting a REAL A-boky on a track, Ann boy did this dude represent! On a track with fairly established guys, these new bloods definitely took the spotlight. Classiq was just waoh! Rapping in Hausa, he delivered the language of the North so beautifully, one is tempted to sign up for an Hausa class. Thank you Nasarawa for giving us Classiq

3) Phyno: As usual, Mr. Obago delivered his punchlines with enough infusion of Igbo so you make no mistakes where he's repping, but at this point, we should all know how Phyno does it....I particularly liked his line "Real recognises real, ma nigga so why don't you look familiar?".

4) Vector: As much as Vector owned the original of this song, he had to tone it down for the other guys, but he still brought his heat. Would've preferred if he opened the music, but he was still pretty awesome on it, I liked his Johnny line

5) Reminisce: Baba Hafusa was my least interesting act on this beat. I just feel like Olamide would've murdered this song more than he did. He was just okay, he went as hard as he has in recent times, but still, he fell short just a little compared to the other guys.

Totally, Uzi and Classiq were the stars of this song and MattMax definitely did some magic with the visuals....even though there is a resemblance to Jay-Z's "On to the next one". Certain scenes stood out for me. The illuminati-ish scene with Uzi as well as the Horse rider scene with Classiq.

Here is the video, what do you think of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBVXIxqG0k

Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark
Cc: mybutt
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by 9jatatafo(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kinda like Phyno and vector. Baba hafusa got deep barrytonic voice.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Judolisco(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
its dope mehn....baba hafusa tried in d song my friend

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by yousee(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Me no like the video.

My opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Kanyol(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
The only thing I can call 'good' here is the video. This is not what I'd call a rap track

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by manee2(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Tz a lie_ that noisy sonq.. Try listen to africa._ reminisce, phyno, blackmagic and vector__ tnk me lata!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lobish

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by femi4: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Na Vector spoil the song....the tempo was high until vector start saying "yemi alade is looking for johnny". Abeg, that was wack.

Great work from Uzi, classiq and Baba hafusa

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by wisdomiskey(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
omo vector
na the shiz
phyno too dey
try
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kay29000(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
safarigirl:
ya, Africa remix was hood, but it pales in comparison with this jam. It was more laid back, no urgency about it, not enough heat, but nice rhymes.

Another jam I love is Local Rappers with Reminisce, Olamide and Phyno....they went hard on there as well....but King Kong was just madt

Dudess, I don't know if your post was a paid post, but how can you say this track is better than 'Local Rappers.' There was no fusion between one rapper and the other on the track...d dopest verses were from Uzi, Phyno, and Reminisce...in descending order. They made the track...but Local Rappers is a better rap song than this. And you went too far calling this the dopest rap song in Nigerian rap music history. Well, you are a 'girl' so I understand.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by femi4: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
manee2:
Tz a lie_ that noisy sonq.. Try listen to africa._ reminisce, phyno, blackmagic and vector__ tnk me lata!
Africa is just rhymes, that's not rap. The tempo is too low for me
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Damikevin(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Princephelar(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good music is a food of soul.
While laughter is a perfect treatment for sorrow. Check out this audio comic skit by a fellow nairalander

www.tindeck.com/dl/scwla
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by femi4: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Damikevin:
Make una go hear my version na. www.nairaland.com/2415432/nairalanders-remake-vectors-kingkong
**listening mode activated**

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lamispaco:
Thank God it's your opinion sha,no further comment

Wetin you dey try talk undecided
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by ibrams(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
king kong arewa mafia classiq walahi ka iya.....yau kuna ina ga sautin me aii ko ina am killing it abuja to minna shoutout to vector mutumina.....laila ama kila rusa su nakeh kaman katapila.....CLASSIQ MY ROLE MODEL

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
sucess001:
All these small small boys will just be using words like 'ever' anyhow...

you don listen to overkilling it remix by MI, ICE PRINCE AND JESSE JAGS?...you don listen to olufunmi remix ft. Da Capo?

make i no even start jare...
dude, I've heard Overkillin' It remix. I even prefer it to the original, but nothing beats originality. There's an African vibe to this, they didn't just rap, they rapped in their indigenous languages and people who didn't understand still felt the flow.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by manee2(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
femi4:
Africa is just rhymes, that's not rap. The tempo is too low for me
_ ur opinion

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Akposkool(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
kay29000:
Thank God you said it is an opinion.
which rap song is better huh?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by curiouses: 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Classiq is Classic
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dubylhover(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
kai,i always tell pipo that its only smart and intelligent pipo that really get vector's line...c how he correlated yemi alade,johnny,and walking away..linking with johnny walker

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Davido Pushes A Fan's Wheelchair (Video, Photos) / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.