Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad (5570 Views)

Interracial Marriages Are The Best Type. / Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / Why Do Black Women Marry The Ugliest & Worst White Men In Interracial Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by Shokoloko(f): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2006
INTERRACIAL MARRIAGES;  Good or Bad
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by rossy4life(f): 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2006
it's good as long as the two parties involve learn to understand and tolerate each other.

But u could be digging ur own grave cos divorce is just a step away if u allow cultural differences to drift u apart
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by nico(m): 3:07am On Sep 25, 2006
Interracial marriage is a good thing
It shows one race loves another race
I'm not the product of interracial Union
I'm a 100% latino, My mother married my Step-Father who is a Nigerian
and they enjoy each other's company
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by kiki(f): 3:43am On Sep 25, 2006
its great
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by segun111(m): 3:45am On Sep 25, 2006
Used to be bad but since we have entered the twenty-first century it has gotten better. Not all that great yet, There are still prejudices in the world that we live in. Why do we have redundant thread. Didn't I replied to this before somewhere else?
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by GNature(m): 3:50am On Sep 25, 2006
Its good, but both parties have to do their home work. For instance, they have to be aware of the difference in their cultures to avoid shock down the line.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by segun111(m): 3:55am On Sep 25, 2006
GNature:

Its good, but both parties have to do their home work. For instance, they have to be aware of the difference in their cultures to avoid shock down the line.

I am in total agreement with you because I was in a relationship with a caucasian before and it wasn't pretty. For the caucasian side they dislike me when we kissed publicly or at work when she drops me off and for the black side they think you are better than then - that is in their minds,
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by GNature(m): 4:02am On Sep 25, 2006
segun111:

I am in total agreement with you because I was in a relationship with a caucasian before and it wasn't pretty. For the caucasian side they dislike me when we kissed publicly or at work when she drops me off and for the black side they think you are better than then - that is in their minds,

@segun

Exactly ! So, as long as both parties don't mind having to go through this for this rest of their lives,
then interracial marriage is okay !
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by aloib(f): 4:43am On Sep 25, 2006
interracial datings the best!!! just think of ur kids, mixed raced kids, they are given the opprtunity to learn from both worlds, learn both cultures, everythn, its the best,
As long as both of u know wat ure doing, ull get there, ure ready to learn and change,
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by mamaput(f): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2006
Do i have to be mixed to learn from both worlds.
You only learn more about the country you live in,
Most mixed kids here are lost they know nothing about their other half sometimes not even the langauge.

1 Like

Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by aloib(f): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2006
oh well its more easier if u know wat i mean, most dont ave problems wid the culture and stuffs,
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by Shokoloko(f): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2006
there are really so many things to consider. i know many people like to come back to their home country after their sojourn abroad, if that is the case in a mixed marriage where do the couple finally stay?? what if one partner is unwilling to relocate??
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by Shokoloko(f): 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2006
maybe interracial couples shouldnt kiss in public grin
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by GNature(m): 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2006
Shokoloko:

maybe interracial couples shouldnt kiss in public grin

yes because according to darwin's theory of evolution, green people and purple people don't match  grin grin
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by iice(f): 5:00am On Sep 26, 2006
@Topic, both. One has to take a good look at what one is getting in for/into. Cultural difference, willingness to compromise, society's effect. Take into consideration too, how society will affect your kids. Naija is not bad in terms of raising mixed kids, but that is not so for other countries. It's usually the 'not white enough to be a white person' or 'not black enough to be a black person', thats not easy on the child. Thankfully sha, the world is getting more accepting of interracial couples/marriages than before.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by nferyn(m): 9:49am On Sep 26, 2006
Being in one, I can definately say it's good.
You must be aware of the fact that interracial marriages on average are probably harder than non-interracial marriages. Those difficulties are more related to culture than to race though. Both partners must be willing to understand and respect each other's culture and show a willingness to compromise on that issue. This will become especially important when children are involved
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by kokoletz(m): 10:07am On Sep 26, 2006
Notin bad in it at least b4 God we are all human, and that all dt matters.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by tukur2002n(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2006
Posted by: GNature
Insert Quote

My brother you have said it all. just like i have earlier said on a topic in this forum "Culture" contribute majorly to failure in most interracial marriages until this is identified as a Key weapon unity will be difficult to attain in this kind of relationship.

mind you my dream is to have an A.A or Latino lady as wifey. grin grin grin
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by kimba(m): 12:02am On Sep 27, 2006
its hard to find ugly offsprings from interracial marriages. No matter how ugly the interracial parents might be, the kids always turn out to be cute.

what the hell with interracial marraiges anyway, human blood is always red, whether ure black, white or yellow or whateva.

You dont have to be mixed to learn form both worlds, but mixed peeps usually have a nice view of things in general.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by princeben(m): 4:41am On Sep 27, 2006
My father it is good, but he doesn't want it so i suspect their is something scaring about it but only love can tell
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by iice(f): 4:45am On Sep 27, 2006
huh? undecided
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by momoney1(m): 6:45am On Sep 27, 2006
interracial marriage? ok, that's if the parents are in support cuz there's always a superiority complex
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by nferyn(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2006
mo money:

interracial marriage? ok, that's if the parents are in support because there's always a superiority complex
You mean that you would let racist society dictate your life?
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by iice(f): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2006
mo money:

interracial marriage? ok, that's if the parents are in support because there's always a superiority complex

There is not always a superiority complex. Sure some races have a superiority complex. If both of your races are considered for lack of a better word 'lesser' races, is your marriage not interracial then? What if your parent's have the superiority complex, will you not date/marry your girlfriend?
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by nferyn(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2006
iice:

Sure some races have a superiority complex.
Some [b]individuals [/b]have a superiority complex. You'll definitely find more whites with a superiority complex, but that doesn't mean that all whites feel superior or that some blacks cannot have a superiority complex.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by iice(f): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2006
@nferyn, i actually meant to say that sorry for being unclear but thank your for the correction. You are right, the superiority complex is not exclusive to any race but to individuals and no matter if they make up the popular opinion it still is not the whole race. ok no more serious talks for today for me.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by momoney1(m): 3:27am On Sep 28, 2006
You mean that you would let racist society dictate your life?

no way, but trying to make sure the family you are about to start be in peace.

considering all that has happend and even still happening, safey tips has to be observed
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by kheme(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2006
to me, that's not even a question! i see nothing wrong or bad with it!
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by Shokoloko(f): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
The good thing about interracial marriages is that the mixed children turn out more beautiful than both black and white.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by Cathian: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2006
All children are beautiful,

1 Like

Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by chinani(f): 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2006
Shokoloko:

The good thing about interracial marriages is that the mixed children turn out more beautiful than both black and white.
That's your own opinion. You're entitled to it, but it's not a categorical fact.

Cathian:

All children are beautiful,
Well said.
Re: Interracial Marriages: Good Or Bad by momoney1(m): 12:31am On Oct 01, 2006
not all are beautiful, i'hv seen ugly ones too grin grin

seriouse

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beyonce's If I Was A Boy Does It Say What Women Really Are? Or What Men Are ? / Who Knows What She Did?? [picture] / How I Ruined My Marriage Because Of Pride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.