Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos (27882 Views)

52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / 10 Things I Wasn't Aware Of About Getting A Job In Nigeria / How Much Does An Entry Level Graduate(teller) At UNITY Bank Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2015
I feel your pain bro..however what you just narrated isnt far from the truth. As an HR practitioner and working with a consulting firm has exposed my eyes to see alot of reasons why job seekers are either not employed or not shorlisted in the first place.

An example:

A major FMCG company in the Lekki/Ajah axis needs some fresh hands and insisted that the candidates must stay on the island or the farthest in Gbagada because of proximity to the office. Now if you reside in Sango, Iyana ipaja. Mushin or IKotun...no matter the level of your qualification/experience, you will not be called for an interview to start with nor employed.

To OP: Pele embarassed

7 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by bellong: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2015
mytime24:
mushin or ajegunle grin

What is wrong with Mushin?
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Venice789: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Slimmos:
at your age
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by dollarlander: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Polithiefcian:
Op, when u tell a lie to move into a house, u av to keep on lieing 2 remain in that house

MissSlimbody:
Did you read the post @all undecided

He read the post and I am sure @polithefcian is a matured person, so he wrote matured statement for the OP.

The OP must gave told a lie that dies not correspond with his CV. Where he lives in Lagos doesn't have anything to do with the selection criteria. It is very easy to be consistent when you are telling the truth.

You need to be very highly intelligent to consistently maintain lies. It is not easy.

OP always tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

3 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by olanshi: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2015
I feel your pain! But Sometimes I think Nigerian youths have lazy minds, or maybe we don't have enough courage or fear the unknown.

If he didn't give you the Job because of the place you live in Lagos, which I don't think so. Another job will find you or better still create a good Job for yourself.

Let's not all count on bank, oil & gas jobs! Create a small business of your own, start somewhere!

Take a BOLD Step today! It matters for your future and that of your generations!
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:
With heart and eyes filled of tears I write this and I want everyone to learn from my experience

I passed the bank's entry level test last year November, I wrote another test this year Feb, then I passed, scaled through the first interview and also the second interview which was a panel interview.

I then got called to come for a final one which was a chat with the group head.

From our conversation I knew I was going to have a problem with the man. I never knew he was a deeper life man. I was neatly dressed with nice hair cut. At the end of our conversation when he asked which area of lagos I stay and I told him, his countenance changed and told me 'you can go' without the conventional 'do you have any questions for us'

Few minutes ago, I got a message that I wasn't recommended after all what I sacrificed for this job. I will never forget this experience and I think I will always hate anyone that bears this man's name
Where u dhe stay, make we know how we go settle am.
How do u expect us to feel ur pains and not wanting to share d area wif us?

1 Like

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by saleskara: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2015
God is your strength bro
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by vikoski: 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
Sorry abt dat.
The best is yet to cm for u.
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by carzola(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
This OP should be banned for religious discrimination, he just came here to tell us that '' DEEPER LIFE '' people are bad.

7 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Slimmos(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
where do u stay? Tell us first, so dat we can assess d place

1 Like

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Slimmos(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2015
Venice789:
at your age
Dont mind me, space booking is allowed, though, d space has been modified.

1 Like

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by femi4: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Mtcheww Aj boy wan work for bank

1 Like

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by calabaman(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
sorry abt that OP

continue trusting GOD, better opportunities lie ahead for you
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Saraha1(f): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmm, such is life.
If I tell you the kind of news way one person yaw me this morning eh, you go fear fear.
But in all, am on shakeable .

So just move ahead. The fact that you passed the first and second stage , indicated that you have something in you. Don't allow any one tell you , your storm is greater than your God, but rather tell them your God is greater than your storm.
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by nerodenero: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2015
I use this word polithiefcian a lot. I must have spammed your mentions countlessly grin. Pele o.
Polithiefcian:
Op, when u tell a lie to move into a house, u av to keep on lieing 2 remain in that house

1 Like

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by NosaHenry(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:
With heart and eyes filled of tears I write this and I want everyone to learn from my experience

I passed the bank's entry level test last year November, I wrote another test this year Feb, then I passed, scaled through the first interview and also the second interview which was a panel interview.

From our conversation I knew I was going to have a problem with the man. I never knew he was a deeper life man. I was neatly dressed with nice hair cut. At the end of our conversation when he asked which area of lagos I stay and I told him, his countenance changed and told me 'you can go' without the conventional 'do you have any questions for us'

Few minutes ago, I got a message that I wasn't recommended after all what I sacrificed for this job. I will never forget this experience and I think I will always hate anyone that bears this man's name

I think you were lucky to get to the level you got to in the interview process. From your communication alone, i will rate you far below average. what people expected to see from your subject caption is where you stay in Lagos and how did it affect your acceptance into the organisation. Rather you brought in the issue of religion and all that. Please learn how to communication

12 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by TalkDirect: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2015
carzola:
This OP should be banned for religious discrimination, he just came here to tell us that '' DEEPER LIFE '' people are bad.
I agree with you. I wonder what being a Deeperlifer has to do with OP's story. Is it a kind of stigmatization? I just wonder.

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by dominique(f): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2015
@iamtosin, Where in Lagos do you stay? Is that the same place stated in your CV? The panel must have seen your address in your CV so if what you say differs from what they have, it may have counted against you. Even if you live on the outskirts or an area notorious for traffic gridlock, that is not enough to disqualify you.

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Anyi3(m): 11:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Maybe the interviewer was robbed in your area grin

10 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 11:14am On Jul 15, 2015
The job wasn't meant for you OP. But at least you should have given us the man's name and your area.
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by bigtt76(f): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
Wande Cole constituency naaaaa .....nobody like Blackouts grin

bellong:

What is wrong with Mushin?
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by fireforfire: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2015
Op ansa na...... which area is dat
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Candybob(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2015
Why tell us ur interviewer is a deeper lifer? Do u think it contributed to the prejudice?
On this note, deeper lifers in the house, it has come to my notice that some of u like playing the sadist! Looking for peoples garri to pour sand in! You need Jesus! Jesus of oyingbo!

4 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by bellong: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2015
bigtt76:
Wande Cole constituency naaaaa .....nobody like Blackouts grin

It is one of the best places to stay in Lagos. Very good road networks and easy accessibility to every part of Lagos.

A lively place too.

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by isrena: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2015
sorry o. But this isnt a clear case of discrimination tho
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by EsanEmmanuel(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:

I know its SBPLC.. cux I was treated same way... took me days to get over it... bruh... those pple are heartless... take heart
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Candybob(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2015
NosaHenry:

I think you were lucky to get to the level you got to in the interview process. From your communication alone, i will rate you far below average. what people expected to see from your subject caption is where you stay in Lagos and how did it affect your acceptance into the organisation. Rather you brought in the issue of religion and all that. Please learn how to communication

Ovbi-Epa, communicate...

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by yusufbida(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:

Few minutes ago, I got a message that I wasn't recommended after all what I sacrifice as for this job. I will never forget this experience and I think I will always hate anyone that bears this man's name

I quess your lineage or pedigree have offended the group head and after telling him your area he quickly flashback.

Pay back Timeline
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by mcstan18(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:

You have made absolutely no sense with your post. First you mentioned your interviewer being a deeper life member, how did you get to know and what has that got to do with your misfortune?

Next you conclude that it was due to your area of residence that you were not considered for the position. That's about the silliest statement I've come across this year. If I may ask, where do you live that is worse than every other place in Lagos? Aren't there people in your neighborhood who work in decent offices (even on the island)?

My advise to you is go and work more on developing yourself and pray hard also rather than lay silly blames.

8 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Iamtosin:

What's annoying and at the same time funny about your post is that you are acting like you already owned the job space because you worked for it.

It took you over 6 or 7 months to get turned down for a job... blood of Jesus and i have made over $6000 on one fiverr account within that time. Do you think if i applied for a job and got turned down like this.. i' ll be this pained? It seems you invested all you had into getting this job and now you are trying so hard to blame where you are as the cause.

Dude stop chasing jobs with no backup plan. I last sent a CV the first month i left service and it was for fun once i discovered gnld and their likes where waiting to receive it. It motivated me to face my business and i haven't sent another one since. Get a skill dude and start using the money you spend on data for creating threads of how you have achieved success than how you lost a job opportunity.. Go and learn how to make the money you need free on this thread
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2015
where you stay in Lagos is not what dropped you.your destiny was not in line with the job.i feel your pain,the day i lost out of the Nigerian Army DSSC.it was not funny,then there was no boko haram,but imagine how many Officers have been gun down by Boko since then,Baba God I thank You, guy relax,something better is coming your way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Excuses You Give To Get Out Of Work To Attend A Job Interview? / Is The Nigeria Custom Service Recruiting For This Year,2012 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.