Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos (28016 Views)

52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / 10 Things I Wasn't Aware Of About Getting A Job In Nigeria / How Much Does An Entry Level Graduate(teller) At UNITY Bank Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by poseidon12: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
scarr:
U don't expect a bank in lekki to employ you when you stay in iyana iba.......its just common sense

I thought that the banks have branches all over. He can be posted to work in a branch in his neighborhood.
I don't really think he was rejected because of where he lives.

2 Likes

Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by luvly101: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Funny, but can't Laugh.

OP should've atleast make us know which area it is. undecided
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by bolaaliu: 2:05am On Jul 16, 2015
U can't be too sure it was because of where u stay that u lost the job since you didn't confirm that from the interviewer.... Anyways, u sure seems smart and I don't want you to feel down about the whole thing. It's just a lesson for you to ace the next interview. If you can scale thru the testings, then the sky is ur beginning. Just start preparing for the next. But before you apply for the next job, I have a question for you. WHY BANKING?
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by seanjy4konji: 4:44am On Jul 16, 2015
where does you stay
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by flames007(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2015
MissSlimbody:
Did you read the post @all undecided
No think he meant dat d jobseeker did d right thing by saying the truth about his place of residence.
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 16, 2015
scarr:
U don't expect a bank in lekki to employ you when you stay in iyana iba.......its just common sense

I believe the Op mentioned that this was the last stage of the whole process. Didn't they notice the address during previous stages?! I've attended interviews and I believe such question normally crops up at the first stage. Moreover, what if Op had somewhere close by to stay? Except the man has an issue with where Op grew up and that's prejudice.

That being said, I don't think he didn't get the job cos of that. Well, who knows
Re: I Wasn't Recommended For An Entry Level Bank Job For Living In An Area Of Lagos by tunlex01(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
I'm very sure the cause of your non recommendation was not because of your location. Bank branches are scattered all over Lagos and they will have at least, one close to your location. Better luck next time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Accept A Federal Government Job Or Travel Over Seas? / Alert! Has Anyone Received His/her N-POWER January Stipend. / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.