Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas (3891 Views)

FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos) / Is It Marginalization Or Refusal To Accept The Agony Of Defeat? / Marginalization Of Hausa/northerners Must Stop In Nigerian Football (picture). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2015
Some Awori indigenes have stormed the Lagos
residence of the National Leader of the All
Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, to
protest what they described as the marginalisation of
their people in the appointment of public officials.
The protesters said none of the Awori indigenes
from their communities had been appointed into
public office in the last 16 years despite their
support for the Lagos State Government and Tinubu.
The group, on Sunday, urged Tinubu and the APC-led
government in the state to address their complaint.
One of the leaders of the Awori, Chief Lateef
Balogun, said, “I am the Ashipa of Agboyi. We have
been supporting Asiwaju Tinubu since he was elected
as the Lagos State governor on the platform of the
defunct Alliance for Democracy. We have always
done our best to ensure that his party wins elections
in the state, but what we get in return is
marginalisation.
“We are here today to complain over the
marginalisation of our people in all levels of
government. He created the 37 Local Council
Development Areas for us in 2002, but the Awori
were not given any position in the government. So,
we are begging Tinubu to look into the matter.
“We want Awori indigenes to be elected as chairmen
of the local council development areas, not
outsiders.”
Another leader of the protesters, Chief Bola
Onikoro, alleged that the Awori were being cheated,
despite the fact they have qualified candidates.
He said, “We want peace. We, the Awori from Kosofe,
Agboyi, Ojota and Isheri, want change. What we want
now is that all the local government areas should be
headed by our people. Our people are competent to
provide quality leadership in any level of
government.”
The youth leader for Ojota area of the state, Mr.
Adebisi Balogun, said all the prominent positions in
the LCDAs were given to non-indigenes.
A former Lagos State Head of Service, Mr. Sunny
Ajose, who met with the protesters, hailed their
peaceful conduct and assured them that their
grievances would be addressed.
Copyright PUNCH.All rights reserv
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by ibkgab001: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2015
History of aworis is a complex one
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by EastLebanon(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Who are the aworis?
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2015
FTC no time fresh any way where is my baby introvert.
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by doublewisdom: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Are the Aworis not Yorubas? Tell me something!
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2015
I thought Yorubas love themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
I think this should be a Yoruba affair.

3 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
It is funny that Aworis are now begging Tinubu who is from Yobe State to help them get appointments…………..You guys need to revolt and chase away Tinubu and his family out of Lagos State so that you can get the opportunity to rule your state as you want…………….How can one owned a company but those that he employed are the ones feeding him as they like?

7 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
I think this should be a Yoruba affair.

What is different between this and what TA Orji did in Abia that Yolobas won't let us be.

Even lagos delegated rejected Yoruba proposal for regional government because they know Lagos will be overwhelm other Yoruba states are not viable

4 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Omololu007(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

What is different between this and what TA Orji did in Abia that Yolobas won't let us be.

Even lagos delegated rejected Yoruba proposal for regional government because they know Lagos will be overwhelm other Yoruba states are not viable
u are a big fool guy.so u fink d whole part of lagos is awori land...and u are so daft to fink dis is d same as what happened in abia..i av seen ur pic before n am sure u r more dan 35yr,u are married and am sure u hav kids.start actin matured chino

8 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Omololu007(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:
It is funny that Aworis are now begging Tinubu
who is from Yobe State to help them get
appointments
what do u mean by d jagaban is from yobe,pls wia did u get dis from? Or how do u know he is from yobe?

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Ayus34(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
u are a big fool guy.so u fink d whole part of lagos is awori land...and u are so daft to fink dis is d same as what happened in abia..i av seen ur pic before n am sure u r more dan 35yr,u are married and am sure u hav kids.start actin matured chino
Just leave that dead brain maggot and let her continue to wallow in ignorance.... Its an hereditary problem,in fact they give an award for that in her family!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:

Yorubas from evil forests of Ogun oSun Ondo and Oyo should stop stampeding on aworis abeg, go back to your mud ancestral apparitions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
what do u mean by d jagaban is from yobe,pls wia did u get dis from? Or how do u know he is from yobe?

Originally Jagaban is from Ekiti but his ancestral lineage is traced to Yobe but he is dominating we Aworis in our land

6 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Ayus34:

Just leave that dead brain maggot and let her continue to wallow in ignorance.... Its an hereditary problem,in fact they give an award for that in her family!!!!

Am from Epe, my mother is ibo from Anambra , go back to Oyo and Osun states let's have our state

9 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by anulaxad(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
I thought Yorubas love themselves

Yorubaland stretches all the way Togo. The Yorubaland In Nigeria itself is double the size of the Igbo region. That wouldn't be possible if we didn't respect or love ourselves.

I have never heard of the Aworis, until now of course.

Modified: AnambraDota or whatever fraud you are, I have done my research and the Aworis are not actually demanding anything. Secondly they are Yoruba, so how can they be marginalized by themselves.

Finally, let me make myself clear, I am Yoruba, I am from Ogun state originally (dad's side) but Born in Lagos. My mum side ( grandmother) was born and has heritage in Lagos.

So get your ignorant facts straight.

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by omoelesa(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:
It is funny that Aworis are now begging Tinubu
who is from Yobe State to help them get
appointments…………..You guys need to revolt and
chase away Tinubu and his family out of Lagos
State so that you can get the opportunity to rule
your state as you want…………….How can one
owned a company but those that he employed are
the ones feeding him as they like?
A Pained Fllat Head

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by YoruBanger: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:

Ignore that weed addicted buddahmonk fool. He's gay and confused about his true sexuality that's why he keeps switching between male and female monikers. Any Yoruba-related news gives him seismic orgasms. No surprises here.

3 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by AnambraDota: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2015
anulaxad:

Yorubaland stretches all the way Togo. The Yorubaland In Nigeria itself is double the size of the Igbo region. That wouldn't be possible if we didn't respect or love ourselves.

I have never heard of the Aworis, until now of course.

Geography teacher go back to Osun State stop stampeding we Aworis

2 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

My brother, let's call a spade a spade. TA Orji didn't do well by his action on civil servants. If the Aworis think AD/AÇ/ACN/APC has been marginalising them since 1999, they should join PDP where equity and fairness is held supreme.

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by YoruBanger: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Geography teacher go back to Osun State stop stampeding we Aworis

WTF? ? So now you are Awori, no longer AnambraDota? Confusion don break bone! Yeepa!

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Yorubas are parasites.

Every hinterland dwelling Taju has since started claiming Lagos.

All the omoniles and agbereoe touts are not Lagosians but mainly from Oyo and Osun.

These are the people that destroyed Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 15, 2015
YoruBanger:

WTF? ? So now you are Awori, no longer AnambraDota? Confusion don break bone! Yeepa!

Taju you are from Osun.

Stop claiming Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by YoruBanger: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2015
Since mischievous igbos like AnambraLesbian are here trying to capitalize on this incident to mock Yorubas (as usual), I would suggest to the Lagos state government that they cede any current or future positions held by igbos in Lagos to the Aworis, at least they are Yorubas like the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by YoruBanger: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Taju you are from Osun.

Stop claiming Lagos.

Whether am from Osun or Lagos doesn't matter as both are within Yorubaland. As long as am Yoruba, it's allllllllll gud. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2015
YoruBanger:

Whether am from Osun or Lagos doesn't matter as both are within Yorubaland. As long as am Yoruba, it's allllllllll gud. cheesy

Aworis want you out.

Go back and develop your useless Osun.

Lazy lout

5 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Ayus34(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Am from Epe, my mother is ibo from Anambra , go back to Oyo and Osun states let's have our state
Can u all see what a waste sper... m has caused us?

2 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by dayo23(f): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
grin
Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by huptin(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2015
The Aworis constitute a huge proportion of Lagos Indigeneship, from Badagry to Lagos Island, isheri, Ikeja, Ajah to Ibeju Lekki, they are the original settlers of those towns, the Eguns and Aworis are the major indigenes of Lagos, because of their numerical disadvantage successive administrations have often neglected them both in appointments and elective offices, this is very unfair, i implore Ambode to redress this great anomaly.

This is one reason i will never support regionalism in Nigeria, i prefer true federalism based on states, Regionalism will simply turn we Eguns and Aworis to slaves in our land, because we don't have a huge population does not mean we should be treated like conquered slaves in our own land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by YoruBanger: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Aworis want you out.

Go back and develop your useless Osun.

Lazy lout

Smh. Your case makes me appreciate the value of education. While your mates in other regions are studying hard to make something of themselves in life, you are on Nairaland forming e-NigerDelta militant, and tomorrow you will blame the Yorubaman for your woes. Repent now else you will perpetually continue to wail.

2 Likes

Re: Aworis Protest Marginalization Buy Yorubas by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2015
YoruBanger:

Smh. Your case makes me appreciate the value of education. While your mates in other regions are studying hard to make something of themselves in life, you are on Nairaland forming e-NigerDelta militant, and tomorrow you will blame the Yorubaman for your woes. Repent now else you will perpetually continue to wail.

Ediot. I will feed your entire extended family members who work for Osun State govt.

Better go back to osogbo and start planting cocoa.

Parasite

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Government Must Intervene And Stop The Ungoing Dna Igbo Jew Status! / Buhari Getting Over 14 Million Votes Is The Stupidest Thing Ever / PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Nassarawa Welcomes PMB To The State (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.