Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View (11872 Views)

On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / BIAFRA: An Igbo Man's Opinion / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 15, 2015
My name is OrevaOghene.I am an Urhobo with an Anang mother.I felt obliged to key in on the debate of South South and the Biafran cause.
I am currently an undergraduate of Economics at the university of uyo.Let me state that my argument is due to economic considerations and not political.

Let me begin by correcting the dichotomy between the South South and South East-they are merely political zones. There are Igbos in Ogwashukwu in Delta,Asaba has an obi....the Governor is even Igbo.That's Delta.
In Rivers state a place known as obIGBO,there is very little difference between an Etche an Aba persons.....Even the current Governor likens himself to Ojukwu.That's Rivers state
In Akwa Ibom where I school the Annang once answered oka for -my maternal grandfather explained that its because of the civil war that they stopped using such names..due to the advancing Nigerian troops..The average Ibibio is more money conscious and cunning. The tortoise is the folklore hero in both cultures.

So I wish to plead forthwith to stop using the term South South...... It doesn't exist. The term Niger Delta and Biafran is more attuned to our cause.The term South is another divide and conquer method by the born to rule.

My uncle ran from Borno last year September he still spends his days talking of how evil the Hausa people are....A story of his that made me shiver is that of an Ibibio woman Abasifreke Asuquo(her soul rest in peace).She mistakenly used a piece of paper to clean her baby's anus ...that paper turned out to be a Qur'an. The woman was butchered and the baby's anus was Pierced with a stick that came out of his mouth. Are they humans at all...to cap it all they moved with the Pierced baby around the neighborhood. Despite the pleading of her relatives and the local Ibibio community.

I don't want to live with such barbarism. Not in the same country at least.

The Igbo man is after success so am I ..and so are we.For over 40 years they have done nothing successful.
They say Jonathan is corrupt.. Come to Rivers state and see what the money is doing..... The oil is even ours.
This same Buhari was serving as PTF chairman when Kenule Beesom Sarowiwa was killed by Abacha.And still insists that Abacha never stole.

Well to conclude the average Niger Deltan has resigned his fate that nothing can change.. That he will continue in poverty while wealth is tapped from under his soil.
And whoever says Asari is a nobody in The Niger Delta is to be ignored... Every body in the South knows and loves that man.He is our hero...so if it's to be Biafra.... Let it be....

Let me state most importantly that I don't believe in human government or it's promises........ This post is merely to end to the SE/SS political Dichotomy...... Thanks and have a pleasant day

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2015
I don't believe in human government or it's promises

Which government do you believe in PLEASE?

And PLEASE Stop using the noun "Niger DELTA youths".. Use the personal pronoun "I"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 15, 2015
FTC no time fresh. chews dabino.
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
undecided
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by wtfCode: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2015
mods oya
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by doublewisdom: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2015
OP, Your words make sense die!!!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by kingofpool: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
op, your people said that nothing concernz them and the igbos and that the ll rather be with hausa people than with an igbo man

3 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by ELTON123(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva:
My name is OrevaOghene.I am an Urhobo with an Anang mother.I felt obliged to key in on the debate of South South and the Biafran cause.
I am currently an undergraduate of Economics at the university of uyo.Let me state that my argument is due to economic considerations and not political.

Let me begin by correcting the dichotomy between the South South and South East-they are merely political zones. There are Igbos in Ogwashukwu in Delta,Asaba has an obi....the Governor is even Igbo.That's Delta.
In Rivers state a place known as obIGBO,there is very little difference between an Etche an Aba persons.....Even the current Governor likens himself to Ojukwu.That's Rivers state
In Akwa Ibom where I school the Annang once answered oka for -my maternal grandfather explained that its because of the civil war that they stopped using such names..due to the advancing Nigerian troops..The average Ibibio is more money conscious and cunning. The tortoise is the folklore hero in both cultures.

So I wish to plead forthwith to stop using the term South South...... It doesn't exist. The term Niger Delta and Biafran is more attuned to our cause.The term South is another divide and conquer method by the born to rule.

My uncle ran from Borno last year September he still spends his days talking of how evil the Hausa people are....A story of his that made me shiver is that of an Ibibio woman Abasifreke Asuquo(her soul rest in peace).She mistakenly used a piece of paper to clean her baby's anus ...that paper turned out to be a Qur'an. The woman was butchered and the baby's anus was Pierced with a stick that came out of his mouth. Are they humans at all...to cap it all they moved with the Pierced baby around the neighborhood. Despite the pleading of her relatives and the local Ibibio community.

The Igbo man is after success so am I ..and so are we.For over 40 years they have done nothing successful.
They say Jonathan is corrupt.. Come to Rivers state and see what the money is doing..... The oil is even ours.
This same Buhari was serving as PTF chairman when Kenule Beesom Sarowiwa was killed by Abacha.And still insists that Abacha never stole.

Well to conclude the average Niger Deltan has resigned his fate that nothing can change.. That he will continue in poverty while wealth is tapped from under his soil.
And whoever says Asari is a nobody in The Niger Delta is to be ignored... Every body in the South knows and loves that man.He is our hero...so if it's to be Biafra.... Let it be....

Let me state most importantly that I don't believe in human government or it's promises........ This post is merely to end to the SE/SS political Dichotomy...... Thanks and have a pleasant day

I concur

I Rep asaba

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva:

i hate fools lik u.y cant u just speak for ursef alone.u hav resigned ur fate dat notin will change.i pray u will die witout havin up to 100,000naira in ur account fool

6 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by belzabull(f): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2015
As a bonafide ogwashi-ukwu daughter from Anioma and a thorough bred Igbo girl, I concur absolutely with the op.

The SE-SS dichotomy is an evil ploy by the 'born to rule' to alienate Igbos from their siblings and to emaciate the Igbo territory using their divide and rule tactics particularly after the civil war. Fortunately or unfortunately, some fools fell for it after they were brainwashed that igbos were after their oil.

The question some of them can't answer is how well have they fared under northern rule?. The lands in the Niger delta has been 'raped' beyond control, environmental degradation, gas glaring, land pollution etc etc and its people left in neglect, while the bulk of of the oil proceeds are carted away to the north mostly to private pockets. The same people who contribute virtually nothing to the national treasury, yet they want to continue their domination with the aid of their willing slaves from the south

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by belzabull(f): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
i hate fools lik u.y cant u just speak for ursef alone.u hav resigned ur fate dat notin will change.i pray u will die witout havin up to 100,000naira in ur account fool
Typical spiteful and repulsive yoloba man. You respond to greetings from your children in the morning with curses.

When a few from SS say they don't want to go with SE or Biafra, did you ask them to speak for themselves alone? Shameless Hypocrite.

Nonsense!

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Ababadada: 9:22am On Jul 15, 2015
I can categorically say that the whole of Bayelsa state believe in the Biafra movement. For me it even wasting time whatever thing that will come lets it come. War or peace. No wahala Biafra must stand. I am tire of betrayal and oppression

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Rose2014: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:

Yorubas always drinking panadol on Biafra headache cheesy

Your words to the op; back to sender
Keep ur frustration to yourself

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by kenny987(f): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:

How could you! Why would u let such venom fester in ur heart and pass thru your fingers to type what u just did! This is an honest personal opinion and if u do not wear the shoe u can never tell where it pinches! He speaks from what he and his family have seen and experienced so who are u to judge and even curse? If he sees a bleak future it is ur duty as a brother, that is if u understand the word, to point out better prospects or even an alternative scenario and where you can do neither just zip it!
Kai! Nigeria! Where did we go wrong and miss it?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Caseless: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2015
OP, save us your fatuous bombast. Liar!

3 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by kodded(m): 9:28am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
i understand that the main reason you want this guys to be in nigeria so bad is beacuse of the oil......oil willnt sustain your lazy ass forever, you better start looking for any oil alternatives cause very soon we will leave you guys undecided

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2015
Omolulu......you don't know what it means to be colonized.... The Niger Delta is nothing but a colony of Nigeria....

Don't stay in Lagos and dictate what's best for us....thanks and God bless you

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by phyllosilicate(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva:
phyllosilicate.......please come to uyo next week and meet me in my department...... Maybe you can differentiate between an urhobo and an Igbo...

My Governor in Delta is even Igbo.... Ameachi said in Aba that he is Igbo during Buhari's campaign... Even Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike is Igbo.......so please stop.

Please contact me when you're in town

Bro I have no problem with Igbos, I have no problem with biafra, but admit you are Igbo. An Urhobo man would not say his name in a faceless forum to prove that he is Urhobo. An Urhobo man would not give his reason for joining biafra to be that his governor is igbo and that 'his' grandfather told him that akwa iboms used to bear igbo names. Here you are still saying Armechi and Wike are Igbos.
An urhobo man would give reasons that would benefit the Urhobo nations. Things like greater countrol of her resources and greater recognition since it would be the 3rd largest group in Biafra. Not wike and Amerchi are Igbos. YOU are an IGBO Man

20 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:31am On Jul 15, 2015
Rose2014:

Yorubas always drinking panadol on Biafra headache cheesy
i dont giv a fvck if ibos hav dis dia biafra or not guy,i dont giv a Bleep if d whole of d north central and south south is part of biafra,i dont even fink about it...i dont just lik d comment d guy made about we Niger deltans,let him speak for himsef,for me i will mak it in dis Nigeria as a Niger deltan

5 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2015
Caseless please come to university of uyo ..economics department.,... Level 300 and ask of Oreva ......

Let us talk and reason together

Till then God bless you

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva:
Omolulu......you don't know what it means to be colonized.... The Niger Delta is nothing but a colony of Nigeria....

Don't stay in Lagos and dictate what's best for us....thanks and God bless you
men u are not makin any sense.i am a Niger deltan too,so speak for ursef..GEJ was in abuja and was dictating for every Nigerian

1 Like

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2015
I'm proud of you my brother. I urge all others from the so-called SS to come out and speak otherwise yorubas will continue to maliciously speak for us.

When next a yoruba man tells you that Igbos need our oil, show them this thread below...massive developments going on in SE. They will shut up!

Developments going on in Biafra land right now!
https://www.nairaland.com/2448794/picture-onitsha-trading-port-during

15 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Rose2014: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
i dont giv a fvck if ibos hav dis dia biafra or not guy,i dont giv a Bleep if d whole of d north central and south south is part of biafra,i dont even fink about it...i dont just lik d comment d guy made about we Niger deltans,let him speak for himsef,for me i will mak it in dis Nigeria as a Niger deltan

And ondo is part of the Nigerdelta that the op is talking about?

3 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by jimi4us: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2015
northerners and yorubbers are the worst thing to happen in dis country. backward thinkers.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 15, 2015
I don't know why Yorubas want to woo us.

We did not even vote one single broom wielding politician in the ND unlike the Ignis of IMO who fell for the APC scam.

I believe Yorubas have a common political ground with Ibos as can be seen in IMO state but in the Niger Delta there has never been anytime in history that we aligned with the Yorubas or Ibos.

PDP has been in power since 1999 in Niger Delta and that won't change anytime soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:37am On Jul 15, 2015
kodded:
i understand that the main reason you want this guys to be in nigeria so bad is beacuse of the oil......oil willnt sustain your lazy ass forever, you better start looking for any oil alternatives cause very soon we will leave you guys undecided
som of u guys just comment,wot u wrote has notin to do wit d post u quoted..i am a Niger deltan,d OP should speak for himself alone..i dont giv a fvck if d south east n south south leaves Nigeria.i dont hav any business or anytin am gainin from dis two regions..so if una lik mak una keep shoutin division on d internet.i dont giv a dam about it...i dont even giv a dam about Nigeria dividin or not,not to now mention of givin a dam about u pple from d south south and south east
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Rose2014: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
men u are not makin any sense.i am a Niger deltan too,so speak for ursef..GEJ was in abuja and was dictating for every Nigerian

So Ondo is Nigerdelta ?
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Rose2014: 9:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:

And Ondo is part of the Nigerdelta op is referring to abi?
It's too early for u o cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Rose2014:

So Ondo is Nigerdelta ?
so imo and abia are Niger delta?

2 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2015
phyllosilicate.......please come to uyo next week and meet me in my department...... Maybe you can differentiate between an urhobo and an Igbo...

My Governor in Delta is even Igbo.... Ameachi said in Aba that he is Igbo during Buhari's campaign... Even Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike is Igbo.......so please stop.

Please contact me when you're in town

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by California1(m): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva:

blood is thicker than water they our brother's. .......

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alleged Shooting Of Baker: DSS Denies, Describes News As Fake / Abia: Uche Ogah Loses As Ikechi Emenike Emerges APC Governorship Candidate / Aregbesola: No shortage of Passport Booklets, Apply Months Ahead Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.