Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View (11911 Views)

On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / BIAFRA: An Igbo Man's Opinion / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by johnydon22(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bross pardon my mistake. I didn't say Amaechi isn't Igbo. Like I said I have nothing against Igbos, some people were already calling me yoruba. I am from SS. What I was only saying if he is to argue from an Urhobo perspective like an Urhobo man would do, he should say what Urhobos would gain not saying Amaech is Igbo.
Good settled, Amaechi is igbo. . . what ever you think Urhobo would gain or not doesn't matter in this case because it changes nothing whether i say Ojukwu is igbo or not, it won't change the glaring fact that he is. .

Besides i don't think all these separate igboid tribes/people will gain anything distancing themselves from each other, they are all same people divided by a little play of politics.

Anyway am from ENUGU state, which state are you from bro ?

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by johnydon22(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2015
kotv:

No, some are ibos while some of us are not. that's the mistake some Ibos makes, you do have ppl in ss that are Ibo and you have others that are not. the ibos in ss are not the majority.
Good then, at least we do have, i only champion the need of our people to be identified
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bross pardon my mistake. I didn't say Amaechi isn't Igbo. Like I said I have nothing against Igbos, some people were already calling me yoruba. I am from SS. What I was only saying if he is to argue from an Urhobo perspective like an Urhobo man would do, he should say what Urhobos would gain not saying Amaech is Igbo.

What the Urhobos would gain in Biafra is a province of their own, 100% resource control, equality with any Biafran ethnic nationality, freedom to reside in any part of Biafra without being killed or termed 'immigrant', and the right to vote and be voted for in any part of Biafra for being a citizen of Biafra.
An Urhobo could lead Biafra without any favour like GEJ got from OBJ, just by being the most competent, liked or popular.

Now tell me, can Urhobo achieve any of these in 500 years time in Nigeria?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by belzabull(f): 10:36am On Jul 15, 2015
loll....good postulation @kelvin100 smiley

WombRaiders:

The most annoying thing is that none of them posting here has ever set foot in the ND and where they do they know their stereotype of being betrayals follows them and when you meet them in the ND dem go be like say them no sabi talk and come dey form gentle.
True! form gentle indeed, Cowards grin

Most of them sit in their slums and shanties in South West to spew garbage. That's why they always have the erroneous believe that SE is not developed, and they accuse Igbos who are adventurous for coming to Lagos to exploit opportunities which they(yolobas) were inherently lazy to see and make use of...bunch of deluded lunatics and leeches cheesy

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by UgChris(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
As a bonafide ogwashi-ukwu daughter from Anioma and a thorough bred Igbo girl, I concur absolutely with the op.

The SE-SS dichotomy is an evil ploy by the 'born to rule' to alienate Igbos from their siblings and to emaciate the Igbo territory using their divide and rule tactics particularly after the civil war. Fortunately or unfortunately, some fools fell for it after they were brainwashed that igbos were after their oil.

The question some of them can't answer is how well have they fared under northern rule?. The lands in the Niger delta has been 'raped' beyond control, environmental degradation, gas glaring, land pollution etc etc and its people left in neglect, while the bulk of of the oil proceeds are carted away to the north mostly to private pockets. The same people who contribute virtually nothing to the national treasury, yet they want to continue their domination with the aid of their willing slaves from the south

I doff my hat for you for your line of thought. The problem with them is that hatred will not let them allow the SE-SS to stay.

cc: lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by phyllosilicate(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2015
kelvin100:

What the Urhobos would gain in Biafra is a province of their own, 100% resource control, equality with any Biafran ethnic national, freedom to reside in any part of Biafra without being killed or termed 'immigrant', and the right to vote and be voted for in any part of Biafra for being a citizen of Biafra.
An Urhobo could lead Biafra without any favour like GEJ got from OBJ, just by being the most competent.

Now tell me, can Urhobo achieve any of these in 500 years time in Nigeria?

If you check my reply to the Op, you would see that I mentioned those things. I was just disappointed he didn't make an Urhobo case. So if he is asked to talked to people in his village, instead of him to say what you have just said, he would be saying, delta state gov is an Igbo man, wike is an Igbo man, akwa ibom onced bearer Igbo names.
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Mckennedy: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
som of u guys just comment,wot u wrote has notin to do wit d post u quoted..i am a Niger deltan,d OP should speak for himself alone..i dont giv a fvck if d south east n south south leaves Nigeria.i dont hav any business or anytin am gainin from dis two regions..so if una lik mak una keep shoutin division on d internet.i dont giv a dam about it...i dont even giv a dam about Nigeria dividin or not,not to now mention of givin a dam about u pple from d south south and south east

so why worry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2015
phyllosilicate:

If you check my reply to the Op, you would see that I mentioned those things. I was just disappointed he didn't make an Urhobo case. So if he is asked to talked to people in his village, instead of him to say what you have just said, he would be saying, delta state gov is an Igbo man, wike is an Igbo man, akwa ibom onced bearer Igbo names.

Ok, I get your point.
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by nigerianvenom(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2015
ogheneoreva,let me believe u are from delta as portrayed.did u read my opinion on the biafra and akwa ibom as a different entity?
if not,go through this https://www.nairaland.com/2427493/biafra-taboo-akwa
i have nothing against the biafran and their cause,not at all.infact i'm one of their major supporter,thats why i even had to download mobile raidio just to listen to nnamdi kanu's 'radio biafra' cos i couldnt recieved its signal from my radio here in uyo.

that being said,i still have my reservations about "annexing us-the akwa ibomite to biafra"
there was never a time my fore fathers were consulted to join the biafra.there was never a time,an agreement was reached linking us with biafra,not at all bro.
nigeria is a sovereign state with multi ethnic group,multi religion and believe,multi idealogies and multi everything forcefully joint together by the british government using Lord luggard as their tools.

personally,i know we don't belong to biafra and neverwere we,when i brought up this topic few weeks ago,i was abused by same igbos i support week in,week out and was even accused of being an impersonator.
biafra is never our thing,rather they igbos.
why dont we work the were ussr did,why must we be under biafra?

meanwhile,if u are in uyo,just ping me so we sit out and share a coke dis evening grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Gr8tasign: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Omololu007:
i hate fools lik u.y cant u just speak for ursef alone.u hav resigned ur fate dat notin will change.i pray u will die witout havin up to 100,000naira in ur account fool
Dear,hope ur nt frm d tribe that uses curse as greetings n welcm message?

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Mckennedy: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2015
disumusa:
your brother that you oppressed during regional govt

2) your brother that you killed and collect their land

3)your brother you force to learn you language by force during regional govt
,4) your brother you force to call their land new onisha and Nnewi

doesn't make sense at all"confused dude"

5 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by SUBWAY101(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

I am Bishopmagic, a cursed yeebhoe from womb. I f.uck my ugly mother daily and my father was useless before cruel death snatched him away. I am a jobless animal and always online to spew hate word cos my life is messed up. May Boko haram wipe out my family soon

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by SUBWAY101(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

I am Bishopmagic, a cursed yeebhoe from womb. I f.uck my ugly mother daily and my father was useless before cruel death snatched him away. I am a jobless animal and always online to spew hate word cos my life is messed up. May Boko haram wipe out my family soon grin
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by ojeota(f): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

You are a woman and can be from any where we decide to marry you off to

You are an idiot for saying that.

2 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by lordimmaogidi(m): 11:10am On Jul 15, 2015
Well Spoken!!!
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
The good thing about Biafra is that every province has oil so no one will be totally dependent on others.

Moreover, the biggest province population wise, Igbo Province, has oil in abundance in Igbo delta, Igbo rivers, Imo, Abia and Anambra.
Our desire is to be the driving force that would propel Biafra into a 1st world country.
Our oil in Igboland is enough to jump start Igbo economy but the province aim is to be a technologically driven economy with natural resources contributing not more than 20% of the province's gdp and earnings.

Long live Biafra!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2015
ojeota:

You are an idiot for saying that.

Nah so e be no be me talk am.

1 Like

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 15, 2015
ojeota:
Am urhobo.
Am à nigerian not à biafra.

Oniovo can you do me a favor ?
Yangee thread E Na hwo, Biko.

We nor need to talk wen d tym comes we sha see. So just Ignore the Insults from the Igbo Folks. They luv lies and deceit.

@ogheneoreva Hw far do u speak the urhobo ? Cous you gat no link of Urhobo in You. Pls wen u re replying reply with urhobo. Imposter, What town re you from ? , Wen last do visit home ?.

Na this kind thread Igbo they like. Chai See the way them they happy, Lolz, Hahaha , The OP is now an Urhobo because He said yes to Biafra..

ogheneoreva am Itsekiri/Urhobo and I live in warri, Wat u type is just trash, lemne invite some of my amiable Urhobo brothers to this Thread.

@CHM11, Freemanan, LKO Pls wat do you gat to say about this IMPOSTer ?

@ ojeota pls stay of the thread, B4 Igbo e rat eat u up for speaking the truth.

I will only Respond to quote from Urhobo , So Igbo stay off my mentions

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by betty202020(m): 11:54am On Jul 15, 2015
Rose2014:

There r lots of them on this forum
And they're usually the first to jump in on Biafra threads
which mean at the mention of Biafra, every Yoruba must cry?

let then hug live electric transformer na.

6 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by LKO(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Any one who thinks d urhobo interest would be best protected in biafra is only being economical with d truth. The so called love existing between d igbos and d urhobos only exist in nairaland. I doubt if d op has ever lived in urhobo land.

We hope and pray for a united Nigeria, but if Nigeria divides today, d Urhobos would definitely not be part of biafra. Let us dnt deceive ourselves, how many urhobos resides in eastern Nigeria? How many urhobos own big shops in Aba and in Onitsha? The Igbos are not accommodating, this is a bitter fact. Go to universities in south east and u would see dat d urhobos peeps schooling there are only giving admission because they presented a fake letter of identification from local govt in delta north. Urhobo landlords are in most cases scared to rent out their houses to igbos in warri because of dia bitter experiences in time past. When d dice is cast, d urhobos, itsekiris and binis would definitely be joining their yoruba brothers.

Take it from me, the so called love between igbos and d urhobos only exist in nairaland. It is love wrapped in deceit and falsehood. Urhobos would never be part of biafra.

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by coolitempa(f): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
OP...is fake........he is a flat.head.......pretending to be Urhobo...... cheesy
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
@Goodboiyyy

Urhobo Historical Society
A TALE OF MILITARY MASSACRES:
FROM OGONILAND TO ODI TOWN
Source:
Subject: VS: [Ijaw_National_Congress] Situation Report on Odi Massacre
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:42:09 +0100
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@online.no;>
----- Original Message -----
To: <Ijaw_National_Congress@onelist.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 1999 3:20 AM
Subject: [Ijaw_National_Congress] Situation Report on Odi Massacre
Obasanjo Condemned For The Situation In Nigeria
By Osita Nwajah
The News (Lagos)
December 6, 1999

Lagos - In the biggest internal military operation, Nigerian soldiers destroy an entire village in the restive Niger Delta, igniting local and international condemnation for President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Soon after General Olusegun Obasanjo's election in the 27 February 1999 presidential election, Nigerians faced their first test over their new leader: how was he to be addressed-General, President, uncle or a simple, plain, mister? Elsewhere, that should not have attracted the serio-comic debates that followed. But this is Nigeria where normative principles of social relations usually stand on their heads. Was President adequate reference for a man who had been a four- star General and head of state, commander-in-chief of the armed forces to boot? The debate was consuming enough for the president to put out that he was also a traditional chief. Many of those who participated in the debate drew strength from the perception that the president may find it difficult to live down his military background, even in the environment of democracy. Events in the past few weeks seem to have proved them right.
On 19 November, more than 50 army trucks trundled through snaky paths and forests into the heart of Kolokuma/Opokuma. It would not be the first time people of the local government area in Bayelsa State would see soldiers. But, not this many. At least, not in peace times. Those who had attained cognitive ages during the 1967-70 Biafran civil war may remember having seen that much number of troops. Unofficial sources put the number of troops at between 3,000 and 5,000.
Even though no war had been declared, everyone knew where the soldiers were headed. Two weeks earlier, the news had spread through the surrounding villages, that there was problem in Odi. Youths protesting the presence of policemen in the village, had seized seven of them and slaughtered them. Then, again, another five were sent to their early graves. The situation appear to have gone out of control. An enraged President Olusegun Obasanjo gave the Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, two weeks to fish out the cop killers and restore peace to the area. The Governor threw up his hands in defeat.
When the Police Affairs Minister, Major-General Jemibewon (rtd.) visited Yenagoa last Thursday, the account the Bayelsa Governor gave him of the situation in Odi before the army action was the same he gave to the Senate President, Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, on Monday. He said that one Ken Nneweira, an indigene of Odi and a dangerous criminal who allegedly had a gang of bandits perpetrating armed robbery on the East-West Road and piracy on the waterways, was responsible for the killing of the policemen. According to the governor, Ken sacked his late father's wives and took over his house, converting it to the 'command headquarters' of his 'army.' His late father, according to Alamieyeseigha, was a police officer. When the news got to Odi that the Odua People's Congress clashed with Ijaws in Ajegunle, Lagos, during the funeral of an Odi indigene, Ken started training Odi youths for a future showdown with the OPC. The police heard about this and wanted to pre-empt him.
However, some of the murderous youths, including Ken Nneweira sources told The News, were linked to Alameiyeseigha's electioneering campaign....,...
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by LKO(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
Goodboiyy:

We nor need to talk wen d tym comes we sha see. So just Ignore the Insults from the Igbo Folks. They luv lies and deceit.

@ogheneoreva Hw far do u speak the urhobo ? Cous you gat no link of Urhobo in You. Pls wen u re replying reply with urhobo. Imposter, What town re you from ? , Wen last do visit home ?.

Na this kind thread Igbo they like. Chai See the way them they happy, Lolz, Hahaha , The OP is now an Urhobo because He said yes to Biafra..

ogheneoreva am Itsekiri/Urhobo and I live in warri, Wat u type is just trash, lemne invite some of my amiable Urhobo brothers to this Thread.

My boss I have made my comment on dis issue, u can read my post up. The OP is fake. Only isokos bears orevaoghene / ogheneoreva, d op don't know dat.

1 Like

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good boiyyy I won't respond with much words to you...

Here is a little about me.....am from a leading urhobo family from ughelli north,...... I'm the second cousin of the Ovie of Aviara in Isoko south..... I am not faceless....

Like Asari I'm not a coward ....and i will never be.

I don't want all the Niger Delta to become Oloibiri.

Thanks and Godbless......

7 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by SegunAdewole: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
My fellow yoruba brothers like lastpage will be very angry at this thread and the Op. Chai, the East is becoming a single block again, the north is denying yorubas speakership and calling our VP mere commisioner, who will we yorubas run to? We yorubas are the losers finally, how do we prove to the SS that the Igbos hate them.

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I am indifferent on this but I really think e-Imposters need spiritual cleansing.. Totally low..
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by ceeceeuwa: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
disumusa:
your brother that you oppressed during regional govt

2) your brother that you killed and collect their land

3)your brother you force to learn you language by force during regional govt
,4) your brother you force to call their land new onisha and Nnewi
Dnt mind them!they only coined that word "brother" because of what they want to gain from those region.
Op O.Y.O
Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by SegunAdewole: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
belzabull:
Typical spiteful and repulsive yoloba man. You respond to greetings from your children in the morning with curses.

When a few from SS say they don't want to go with SE or Biafra, did you ask them to speak for themselves alone? Shameless Hypocrite.

Nonsense!
Chai! easy for we yorubas, i have campaign against those that use abusive language on our children to scatter their destiny. Imagine someone saying "e karo sir", and the next thing you hear is "k'are o jare, omo oloriburuku yi".

4 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by belzabull(f): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
SegunAdewole:
Chai! easy for we yorubas, i have campaign against those that use abusive language on our children to scatter their destiny. Imagine someone saying "e karo sir", and the next thing you hear is "k'are o jare, omo oloriburuku yi".
Lol...but I didn't lie naa. Only a yoloba man will respond to greeting from his child in the morning with curses, that's why you people are so uncouth and louth mouthed grin

5 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Rose2014:

So why are u always on biafra threads? undecided
dis is nairaland,n i can post on any thread

2 Likes

Re: On South South And Biafra.. An Urhobo's View by Omololu007(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Rose2014:

Stop being mischievous pls.

You're the one claiming you're from Nigerdelta repeatedly when you're from Ondo cheesy
i am from ondo state,n ondo is part of d Niger delta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Want Adeosun, Emefiele To Resign / INEC Withdraws Certificate Of Return From Delta Deputy Speaker / Electoral Act Amendments: Buhari Writes INEC, Seeks Advice On Direct Primaries,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.