Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. (55140 Views)

Educational Apps; Top Nine Apps To Grow Your IQ / Best Guide To Maximize Tecno P3's Resources / <~>free Mobile Ebooks<~> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by leonaidas(m): 6:03am On May 30, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Kermarl8x(m): 6:48am On May 30, 2011
Thnx Leo, i'v dwnld'd it bt nt compatible wf mai phn os. My os is s40 v6 n nt s60 (is java n nt symbian fn).
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by leonaidas(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2011
@j2n welkum bak. dis thread was like dead wen u left bt tank God u re bak. hw service
plz cud u help me wit 'there is a hippie on the highway' by james hadley chase
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 12:28am On Jun 01, 2011
Stephen King_-_Full Dark,No Stars(2010) in Kindle format

Full Dark, No Stars is a collection of 4 novellas that envelope the dark side in us all. The collection gets you started with,

1922 - This first person POV story is a confession of a farmer detailing his deeds which lead to the worst year of his life during the year 1922 in Nebraska. It is written with Mr. King's normal grab your attention right away and then bog the story down for a while throwing in those little blurbs to keep the plot moving. The majority of the story is predictable leading right up to an easily drawn conclusion. However, Mr. King does a nice job of ending the story on anything but relative to typical and in doing so saved it from being a low rating story. I would rate this one in the 3.5 stars range.

Big Driver - Another tale of rape and revenge. Even though this one was really predictable yet I still found it an engaging read, especially at the end. Mr. King does a great job of giving just enough details to get his vision across and at the same time leaves out enough so the reader can fill in the rest. I do feel he could have added more to the characters in this one. I wish he would have added more to the antagonist, but it seems he just let the deeds that were done to be enough to invoke a hatred for the antagonist and it just wasn't enough. The protagonist had her high and low points, but it was actually one of the side characters that seemed to have more to them in just their short scenes. The pacing and flow of the story was well done and so I will give this one a 4 out of 5 stars.

Fair Extension - How remorseless can a person be? Read this story and find out. To me, this one portrayed hatred in its purest form. This one was a really quick read as it is the shortest story in the collection. This story doesn't beat around the bush. It gets right to it and doesn't let go. One of the things I would have liked was to know more about the "salesman" character. This one felt more like a Richard Bachman story to me, but not as good as the earlier works. So I think a 3 out of 5 would be fair for this one.

A Good Marriage - What would you do if you found out the person you were married to for 27 years had a very dark side? I would have to say this was the best story in the collection. The characters had good depth to them, were well fleshed out, and easy to connect with. It had a good pace to it and flowed nicely. One of the points I enjoyed was the Edgar Allan Poe simile he used. This was definitely a good psychological thriller. 5 Stars out of 5

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/GZlhRu2b/Full_Dark_No_Stars_-_Stephen_K.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21am On Jun 01, 2011
Half of a Yellow Sun - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

A fictional novel by award winning Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie based on the Nigeria-Biafra Civil war of 1967-1970.

http://www.plunder.com/Chimamanda-Ngozi-Adichie-Half-of-a-Yellow-Sun-download-d626bcd9cd.htm

Every Nigerian ought to read this book before he or she passes away grin
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Kermarl8x(m): 5:56am On Jun 01, 2011
I appreciate ur concern Leo but dat file format is in zip wh mai phn dos nt support.
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by leonaidas(m): 1:25am On Jun 02, 2011
semid4lyfe:

A fictional novel by award winning Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie based on the Nigeria-Biafra Civil war of 1967-1970.

http://www.plunder.com/Chimamanda-Ngozi-Adichie-Half-of-a-Yellow-Sun-download-d626bcd9cd.htm

thanks bro, really apreciate.
Kermarl8x:

I appreciate your concern Leo but dat file format is in zip wh mai phn dos nt support.
here is the unziped version
http://www.4shared.com/file/9X4INuZa/MobipocketReader.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Kermarl8x(m): 8:58am On Jun 02, 2011
Thnx a bunch Leo, i so so much apporeciate ur effort. Thanx again!!!
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by leonaidas(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2011
Kermarl8x:

Thnx a bunch Leo, i so so much apporeciate your effort. Thanx again!!!
don't thank me, thank GOD, and thank just2nice and semid4lyfe for a wonderful job, enjoy the books.
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
Frederick Forsyth_-_The Cobra(2011) in prc

Not lacking in ambition is Forsyth's thriller which takes the "war on drugs" to the farthest possible conclusion. The president becomes so angry with the influx of cocaine into the US and Europe that he looks for the only man who can stop it. A retired CIA agent code named Cobra is given carte blanche in terms of the military and intelligence apparatus of the United States and is ordered to crush the cocaine cartels.

*I have read the ebook, and I must confess that I really enjoyed Forsynth's brilliant expose on the cocaine trade. The research is in-depth, and the action relentless.I recommend it for all book lovers.*

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/t-jQGCl_/The_Cobra_-_Forsyth__Frederick.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 12:05am On Jun 03, 2011
leonaidas:

don't thank me, thank GOD, and thank just2nice and semid4lyfe for a wonderful job, enjoy the books.
You are doing a great job too. Your posts and encouragements are a big boost, and gives us the morale to post more ebooks.Well done,bro wink

semid4lyfe:

Great,mehn.If you fit post the works of Helon Habila and Myne Whitman, I for like am o. grin
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2011
any mobireader for s60v5s at semid and 2nice i hail oo
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by leonaidas(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
just2nice:

You are doing a great job too. Your posts and encouragements are a big boost, and gives us the morale to post more ebooks.Well done,bro
i admire ur modesty, hope u've not forgotten my request though (left behind series)
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
just2nice:

Great,mehn.If you fit post the works of Helon Habila and Myne Whitman, I for like am o. grin

Don't have any Helon Habila in soft copy that is, but here is Myne Whitman's - A Heart to Mend

http://www.plunder.com/Myne-Whitman-A-Heart-To-Mend-download-ce6cdeac53.htm
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 12:25am On Jun 04, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 12:28am On Jun 04, 2011
a spiderman novel written by jim butcher enjoy
http://www.plunder.com/jim-butcher-spidy-download-14c8b25faa.htm
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 12:40am On Jun 04, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 12:45am On Jun 04, 2011
Jeffery Deaver_-_Carte Blanche (2011) (007 James Bond series) in mobi format

Carte Blanche (2011)

"The face of war is changing. The other side doesn't play by the rules much anymore. There's thinking, in some circles, that we need to play by a different set of rules too, "

James Bond, in his early thirties and already a veteran of the Afghan War, has been recruited to a new organization. Conceived in the post-9/11 world, it operates independent of MI5, MI6 and the Ministry of Defense, its very existence deniable. Its aim: To protect the Realm, by any means necessary.

A Night Action alert calls James Bond away from dinner with a beautiful woman. Headquarters has decrypted an electronic whisper about an attack scheduled for later in the week: Casualties estimated in the thousands, British interests adversely affected.

And Agent 007 has been given carte blanche.

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/4G77gXVi/Carte_Blanche_-_Jeffery_Deaver.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 12:47am On Jun 04, 2011
can anybody upload some james patterson d alex cross series tanx
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 1:13am On Jun 04, 2011
[b]Jack du Brul_-_Havoc [/b]in Kindle format

On a stormy night in 1937, the German zeppelin Hindenburg cuts through the clouds over rural New Jersey. On board, a madman has traveled across the Atlantic bearing a safe holding a secret so terrible that it may change the course of history. His efforts to protect his cargo have led him to commit murder, but the most dangerous part of the journey still remains -- the arrival at Lakehurst Naval Air Station. In a moment of clear thinking, the murderer throws the safe overboard, thinking that he will return for it later. The conflagration at landing destroys that plan and the safe recedes into history.

Seven decades later, mining engineer Philip Mercer is in the Central African Republic searching for a precious metal used in the manufacture of cell phones. In the face of a mounting civil war, Mercer tries to help local villagers escape from rebel forces. Along the way, he meets up with Cali Stone, an attractive field researcher for the CDC. This particular village suffers from one of the highest rates of cancer in the world. All that saves them from execution at the hands of the rebel troops is the intervention of an unknown military force. Once back in the states, Mercer’s detective work leads him to the long-lost safe and the cryptic letter inside: Dear Albert, I believe I have succeeded. The element you seek does exist in nature. This letter launches Mercer on the most spectacular adventure of his career, one that will leave a nation in flames and a city in ruin, and reveal the truth behind three thousand years of legend.

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/khCCozvk/Jack_Du_Brul_Havoc.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 5:11am On Jun 06, 2011
Brisingr:

can anybody upload some james patterson d alex cross series tanx
Lemme see if I can get them.
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 5:56am On Jun 06, 2011
James Patterson_-_Cross Fire(2010) in prc

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/OBeB-dr2/Cross_Fire_-_James_Patterson.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by Brisingr(m): 10:02am On Jun 07, 2011
tanxs 2nice would appreciate more though.
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 1:03am On Jun 08, 2011
Brisingr:

tanxs 2nice would appreciate more though.
James Patterson_-_I,Alex Cross in Kindle format

Download below:
http://www.4shared.com/file/_DJQ1vbu/James_Patterson_-_Alex_Cross_1.html
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by thuao(m): 6:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
Pls I Nid medical novels frm robin cook, michael palmer or anyother author.
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by thuao(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2011
Pls I Nid medical novels frm robin cook,
michael palmer or anyother author
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by thuao(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2011
Pls I Nid medical novels frm robin cook,
michael palmer or anyother author
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 11:48pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by just2nice(m): 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Mobile Ebooks/Educational Resources Thread. by v3: 7:20am On Jun 20, 2011
Any self-motivational,strategy books in here? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

How To Find Your Encrypted Files On Gionee Android Devices / Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos) / How To Connect Your Smartphone To A Television.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.