Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs (962 Views)

Nigeria Girls And False Believe Of Body Magic / Hazards Of Using Intimate Toys In The Bedroom. / My Gal's Insecurity And False Prophecies, Is Becomn 2 Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
This subject has been on my mind for some days now and I really want to use this medium to reach thousands of Nigerians who will In turn help me reach other thousands, if not millions of other Nigerians.

This subject is proven to be detrimental in so many ways and its negative impact can never be stopped except it is adequately pointed out.

Now follow me as I point out a few of them….

In Nigeria, different ethnicity and tribes has been known for different moral, physical and domestic practices and some of them have become false beliefs that people hold on steadfastly to.

For example:

1. The Yorubas are widely known to be dirty people and also love to be aggressive.

2. The Igbos are known to love money and can betray anyone for money.

3. The Hausas are known to be naturally aggressive and love to fight for no reason.

4. The Ibibios are known to be very tribal and are very loose when it comes to moral values such as sex-life.

5. Some part of the south-south, e.g Rives and Bayelsa are known to have this polygamous nature and the women are seen as people who cannot stay in marriage or cannot stay with a man.

Let me pause because there are lots been said about different tribes that I have never heard. Let’s analyze; to an extent, these beliefs seem to be true, but don’t forget that man is a social being and he works with his brain and environment.

I personally met this cute lady a few weeks ago, we got talking and I got to find out she is from Mbaise in Imo state. If u have an idea of how people see the Mbaise people, u should understand better. When she told me that, in my heart I was like “WTH!!! Mbaise is surely a NO! NO!” I had to take some time to ponder over this and I said to myself “hey dude, don’t discriminate”. Now we are pretty good friends tho the future is quite uncertain for now. ;-)

Sometimes when one is born into any of these tribes, he/she inherits those beliefs by mindset. And before you know it, he/she acts towards that direction.

That’s not much of a problem tho, but where the issue is now is this;

When a man wants to get married to a lady, he get demoralized by friends/family about the girls tribe. E.g the lady may hail from Rivers or Bayelsa or even one of the Yoruba states. If he is not a strong-willed person, after the points have been fully bisected and explained by the so-called family and friends, he will have a change of heart and quit the marriage.

Same goes to business, when you want to give someone an opportunity to manage the monetary part of your business, and you hear that he is an Igbo man/woman, it takes an amazing level of trust to make that employer give that job to him/her. Just giving basic examples and I believe there are worse cases that has happened based on this same factor.

The bottom line is this, we really need to change our mindset towards people’s tribe and what has already been believed to be true about their tribe.

If we do this, it will definitely salvage lots of things in this our beautiful county. There are lots of single ladies/men, unemployed youths and so many suffering simply because of these discrimination. We have to save people from this and make this country a better place for one to live in.

Originally posted by Chuzzy owner of www.chuzzyblog.com

http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2015/07/hazards-of-ethnic-discrimination-and.html
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by feldido(m): 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
Not far from d truth anyway
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by carzola(m): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
4. The Ibibios are known to be very tribal and are very loose when it comes to moral values such as sex-life.

who ever said this must have been smoking coco yam leaf..
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
cryok op we don hear
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by donholy28(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
2. The Igbos are known to love money and can
betray anyone for money.
…Op Igbo man don betray u b4...see as weed way full ur head no dey allow u think.
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
donholy28:
…Op Igbo man don betray u b4...see as weed way full ur head no dey allow u think.

Thank u sir but majority of Nairalanders will agree with me that this is the perception that so many have about igbos. I am actually igbo for your information.

1 Like

Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
carzola:

who ever said this must have been smoking coco yam leaf..

U may be different( that's if you are Ibibio) but u can't tell about others.....
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by donholy28(m): 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

Thank u sir but majority of Nairalanders will agree with me that this is the perception that so many have about igbos. I am actually igbo for your information.
So u fit betray person 4 money
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by carzola(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

U may be different( that's if you are Ibibio) but u can't tell about others.....
i speak for all my friend.... IBIBIO peeps are not tribal very welcoming and hospital...
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
donholy28:
So u fit betray person 4 money

God! Can't u read simple english undecided undecided undecided

I said [size=20pt]FALSE BELIEFS[/size]

1 Like

Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by Cholls(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
my brother love is beautiful thing.
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by donholy28(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

God! Can't u read simple english undecided undecided undecided
I said [size=20pt]FALSE BELIEFS[/size]
Noted
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by Gurgle(f): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
I don't normally bother to read these kinds of long posts but

Since you have actually bothered to conform to the long-lost art of PARAGRAPHING I will

Hold on am coming
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by Gurgle(f): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yeah OP youre right but the thing is that

the stereotypes, however damaging, have some 1% element of truth in them

As I have said before I don't think its necessarily a problem

Every single country in the world has regional and tribal stereotypes, its part of human nature

If you go to Italy you'll find that even different cities have a big dislike/ distrust of one another, although theyre all Italians

The thing is that as Nigerians we tend to overdo things, its just how we are. We're just "hot" like that

Its one of the things that both makes and breaks us. Although the world normally ignores Africans, we are known all over the world, for both good and bad reasons

The solution is just to try and tone it down, I mean our categorizing and dismissing of each other, for the sake of humanity

because it will never truly go away

1 Like

Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
Gurgle:
Yeah OP youre right but the thing is that

the stereotypes, however damaging, have some 1% element of truth in them

As I have said before I don't think its necessarily a problem

Every single country in the world has regional and tribal stereotypes, its part of human nature

If you go to Italy you'll find that even different cities have a big dislike/ distrust of one another, although theyre all Italians

The thing is that as Nigerians we tend to overdo things, its just how we are. We're just "hot" like that

Its one of the things that both makes and breaks us. Although the world normally ignores Africans, we are known all over the world, for both good and bad reasons

The solution is just to try and tone it down, I mean our categorizing and dismissing of each other, for the sake of humanity

because it will never truly go away

well said Gurgle. i totally agree with u. that is like the major reason y i need Nigerians to calm down cos this is doing more harm than good. Strong emphasis should be laid on this. if possible in institutions
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by Gurgle(f): 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
ChuzzyBlog:

well said Gurgle. i totally agree with u. that is like the major reason y i need Nigerians to calm down cos this is doing more harm than good. Strong emphasis should be laid on this. if possible in institutions

yeah everything in moderation

the Igbo people and money/ Hausa people and anger thing shouldn't be anything more than a sharp joke, not a reason not to employ somebody

I think that's why NYSC and other programmes were put in place, although I hear its all messed up now
Re: Hazards Of Ethnic Discrimination And False Beliefs by ChuzzyBlog: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah everything in moderation

the Igbo people and money/ Hausa people and anger thing shouldn't be anything more than a sharp joke, not a reason not to employ somebody

I think that's why NYSC and other programmes were put in place, although I hear its all messed up now

its all messed up now for real. as a matter of fact, the Nysc is pointless.. tho it favors some according to them. but the initial intent has been defeated

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Over Religious Roomate Is ¢o¢k-blocking Me / Ladies With Low Self Esteem & Some Irresponsible Guys, This Is For You / Is Dis Nairaland Gel A Human???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.