Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft (12198 Views)

Adeboye, Redeemed Congress And The TB Joshua LIES / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2009
he Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has acquired a new aircraft for N4 billion ($28 million).
The aircraft, a Gulfstream 4XP, with number 707EA, arrived Lagos from Bahamas last Sunday.
Industry insiders said the Gulfstream 4XP is a transatlantic aircraft that has the capacity of about 15 passengers depending on the configuration.
The church acquired the aircraft years after the General Overseer of Living Faith Worldwide, a.k.a. Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, acquired a Challenger aircraft, with number D6640, which was parked a few meters away from Adeboye’s Gulfstream when THISDAY visited the airside of General Aviation Terminal (GAT) yesterday.
A pilot told THISDAY that the aircraft and many others privately owned by Nigerians are not registered with Nigerian code “N” because “they usually say that they chattered it for a while whenever they are questioned. You know Bishop Oyedepo of Winners has been operating this aircraft (pointing to the Challenger) for sometime, but it has remained in foreign registration number.”
THIDAY also learnt that Oyedepo has ordered for another aircraft bigger than the one acquired by Adeboye.
By 2.00 pm yesterday, officials who looked like engineers were seen inspecting the aircraft, which was allowed to rev for hours.
Besides buying the aircraft, a lot of money would be spent in maintaining it and paying the crew, in addition to the landing and parking charges.
Unlike a commercial aircraft which is always in the air, the private jet will spend more time on the ground and must be checked before taking off.
An aeronautical engineer with one of the airlines said besides the mandatory checks, much money would not be spent on its maintenance for now “because it is a new aircraft, but you know that there are rotables which are time-bound parts which are changed regularly.
“The same with refitting parts. These are parts that are changed after every 12 or 15 calendar months whether you are flying or not. So, acquiring a private aircraft means that you are ready to be spending money to keep it going.”
Expressing surprise on the purchase, a former official of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), who craved anonymity, said with the present global economic recession, it was shocking that anyone, even a business man could spend such money on a private aircraft.
He said: “This is unbelievable. You know the amount of poverty in this land, which I know is widespread. How can he acquire such aircraft when he knows that members of his church are suffering?
“Look, even the Pope does not have a private jet. I am a Catholic. It is true that Catholic is the richest church in the world in terms of artefacts but the Pope flies Alitalia. How can the Pope tell the church that he wants a private jet?”
Since 1999, many Nigerians have acquired private aircraft.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=137736
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2009
this is making me weep, there are pple in this church that pay taxes and are still poor and at this time of economic crises,adeboye adeboye adeboye, how many times did i bleeping call yu?its unfair
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by AloyEmeka9: 10:31am On Mar 10, 2009
make una leave the man alone joor. people wey get private jet get 2 heads? why is adeboye unfit to own one?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2009
@aloy
the reason why heis unfit to own one is the source of the money,what bussiness does adeboye own to acquire such private jet at this economic crises?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Lagosboy: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2009
Na wah o
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2009
i know see bobbyaff for this one,bobbyaff please comment
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dayokanu(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2009
It is the Lords doing and it is wondaful in our eyes.

Scammer Eunuch
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by segyemaro(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2009
God dey see all of us oooooooooooo
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by ow11(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2009
His members are comfortable with the status quo and it shouldn't bother non-members. Na your money?

The jet is surely not bought from the proceeds of his books/tapes and would be used to visit his multitude of branches round the world. Since that is his business model, I do not see why people are getting upset.

We should remove our focus on him and question people like Aondoakaa and Yar'adua and leave him, since his wealth comes from people who sincerely believe that if they do not share their income with him, they will suffer on earth and probably in the next world.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by REALTRUTH1: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2009
@Lagosboy,dejiariyo and dayokano: You guys are muslims, there are worst stuffs going on in Islam than what is happening in RCCG.I had started about two threads revealing the the Satanic verses in Islam but you guys in collaboration with the operators of Nairaland got the threads I posted.
You guys should leave issues bothering on Christians for christians to tackle,since you don't want christians to discuss about the evil and Satanic verses in you Quaran.I was the first that saw this link on this day several hours ago, and I made a comment about it on one of the threads on tithe.Bottomline is you find it easy to vilify christians and there pastors but you guys don't want us to talk Mohammed a sex abuser who only gets his inspiration when ha makes love with a six year old girl called Aisha.How in this world do you want to continue believing in such prophet?
Listen up guys,Jesus is Lord and there is controversy about that because the Quaran says so too.It doesn't matter if pastors or Bishops fails,leave our issues alone for christians to tackle.Why in this world should a muslim start this thread and enjoys vuilifying christians?Now am starting another thread on the evil in Islam!
The operators of Nairalanders in collaboration with the evil intents of Islamic posters are trying to ridicul christians,,like i have mentioned in several,Islam is a religion from the PITS OF HELL -Period!The hard truth.I pity the followers of this evil religion.They should go and do more research on this evil political /immoral religion whose founder is a certified pedophile.A man who couldn't control his libido.You can't bring Christianity down because therein your salvation lies!!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Lagosboy: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

@Lagosboy,dejiariyo and dayokano: You guys are muslims, there are worst stuffs going on in Islam than what is happening in RCCG.I had started about two threads revealing the the Satanic verses in Islam but you guys in collaboration with the operators of Nairaland got the threads I posted.
You guys should leave issues bothering on Christians for christians to tackle,since you don't want christians to discuss about the evil and Satanic verses in you Quaran.I was the first that saw this link on this day several hours ago, and I made a comment about it on one of the threads on tithe.Bottomline is you find it easy to vilify christians and there pastors but you guys don't want us to talk Mohammed a sex abuser who only gets his inspiration when ha makes love with a six year old girl called Aisha.How in this world do you want to continue believing in such prophet?
Listen up guys,Jesus is Lord and there is controversy about that because the Quaran says so too.It doesn't matter if pastors or Bishops fails,leave our issues alone for christians to tackle.Why in this world should a muslim start this thread and enjoys vuilifying christians?Now am starting another thread on the evil in Islam!
The operators of Nairalanders in collaboration with the evil intents of Islamic posters are trying to ridicul christians,,like i have mentioned in several,Islam is a religion from the PITS OF HELL -Period!The hard truth.I pity the followers of this evil religion.They should go and do more research on this evil political /immoral religion whose founder is a certified pedophile.A man who couldn't control his libido.You can't bring Christianity down because therein your salvation lies!!!

Intelligence is indeed expensive , may God grant us all deep intelligence. grin
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by REALTRUTH1: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Intelligence is indeed expensive , may God grant us all deep intelligence. grin

How can you tell me you are intelligent and you believe in a prophet who is a phedopile?An intelligent man would not an airplane only with the intention to hijack such plane killing himself,the occupants of the plane and as well killing over 3000 people as in the case of 911 attack against world trade centre.Or do want to me its the highest form of intelligence displayed when there is an issue in far away Holland and the muslims in Nigeria would go about killing christians in Nigeria.
Am yet to see an intelligent muslim!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by huxley(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
Do you think God told him to purchase this Jet? This Pastor routinely has one-2-one conversations with God, so it is quite possible that God advise him to buy the Jet. If God did not advise him, could he[God] have known that the Pastor was going to buy a jet?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by pastort1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2009
I don't know why you guys are crying. Is your money missing? Why don't you mind your business. You are like Judas complaining about the perfume that woman poured on Jesus. You remember what Jesus told him. These are great men of God. They are only fulfilling the scripture.
If a football star or music star buys it, he has arrived, no problem, but when it comes to men of God, you"ll be crying. What is your problem. Haba.

Leave the men of God alone. Afterall the people making the money available are not complaining because they know they would always increase.

You guys have not seen anything. You better give your life to christ. There are two kinds of people on earth.
1. Poeple who make things happen
2. People who watch things happen-commentators

Where do you belong?,

1 Like

Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2009
real truth, u must be deluded,for ur information i am not a muslim neither a christian.why do u wanna shy away from things like this?ur pastor is misusing public funds and u are saying am a muslim,what does that have to do with the topic.did the muslim told him to buy private jet?
and if u wanna pain the muslim so bad well that is ur problem aint got nothing to do with them.i serve God not thru any imam or pastor
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2009
pastor t, thank you for that post, u said a footballer but a football plays football and he gets paid for that when did pastoring became a profession where u get paid for and yu drive cars with the money of the church while the members are living gross poverty?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by pastort1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2009
My point is still valid. I am not a member of RCCG. Let RCCG members complain. If you are not a member, you don't have any right to complain.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by REALTRUTH1: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
dejiariyo:

real truth, u must be deluded,for ur information i am not a muslim neither a christian.why do u wanna shy away from things like this?ur pastor is misusing public funds and u are saying am a muslim,what does that have to do with the topic.did the muslim told him to buy private jet?
and if u wanna pain the muslim so bad well that is ur problem aint got nothing to do with them.i serve God not thru any imam or pastor
I have seen a couple of your post man, that not withstanding,I have always been an ardent contributor against many of these ills in the church,for your information, i was the first to complain on this issue and made this on th tithes thread where I gave the thread b4 other people actually started.The truth be told,many of these pastors are taking too much advantage over there flocks.And if you would ask me, they are(Christians) a major part of all the problems bedevilling Nigeria today.I do not shy from that fact,be that as it may,it is classically wrong for the operators to allow muslims to raise threads like this whereas when you start a thread to reveal the Satanic verses in Islam, such thread gets deleted.
Why in this world should support the acquisition of private jets for pastors some are even having two private Jets, my personal opinion in this regards is that,it is wrong.It sends a wrong signal and it is in this regard common sense would begin to play in this game.when the average member of a pastors church does not earn #50k, how in this world do the pastors wanna set up a University where it would cost over #300k per session for students 2 attend the University.This simply is breeding corruption or the church is using the members money to build school where corrupt memebers of the country send there kids to school as against members who cannot afford it.My I dea is that if muslims are free to vilify christians, christians too should be free to expose the satanic verses in the Quaran, but the operators of Nairaland have refused to allow this to hold.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by REALTRUTH1: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2009
pastor t:

My point is still valid. I am not a member of RCCG. Let RCCG members complain. If you are not a member, you don't have any right to complain.
Good point man, RCCG memebers should make comments here,but my thinking is that they would see nothing wrong in this,,,and this my own grouse with the way pastors manipulate Nigerians.Pastors in there best form are Humans and fallible.In many many cases the make mistakes but because we have assume them to never making mistakes,they(pastor) use that as an advantage over the church.So many things are wrong with the way Christianity is being practised and that is the reason it is so easy for anybody to fault these pastors.
But what baffles me is that memebers of these pastors hardly see any wrong when it is even so glaringly and obvious.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by dejiariyo: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2009
if am not a member i shud not complain,are u guys kididng me?
am i not a nigerian wont the stealing and brain washing by ur pastors affect me?
its like telling me not to complain if yaradua steals money cos am not a yoruba man, u pple are so funny
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Hesperus(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2009
What is all this about someone asking if our money is missing?
A pastor who is supposed to be leading by example goes to buy a 4 billion naira aircraft in these times and you say there is nothing wrong? That jet was bought by him with church members offering money, afterall i dont think there was any special collection for "daddy's aircraft". Besides, we havent even started talkin about the extra expenses involved - parking and landing fees, crew salaries, maintenance costs, etc. From where is that money also coming?

To me all this is totally irrelevant. How many times will that jet ever be used, compared to the cost of acquisition? If he wants to fly around in style, there's always 1st class tickets, and they are always available.

Now I read somewhere dat Oyedepo who already has one, plans to buy one even bigger than Adeboye's. Na competition now abi?

May God help us!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by ilaugh1: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2009
11 years ago or so, when Bishop David Oyedepo bought an aircraft, other christian members and churches rose and spoke and cried foul, they said it was un christianly to do something like that, they branded him a prosperity preacher - now, Redeem is doing so, pray, what name will the dear Pastor be branded with?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by AdeizaJay: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2009
If it is true that Nairaland removed a thread discussing Islam, then that amounts to restricting freeedom of expression. It is wrong and totally unjustifiable. It should be condemned by all lovers of freedom of expression. REAL TRUTH, kindly raise another thread discussing that issue. If it is removed, I will personally call the owner of NairaLand to complain.

However, I see nothing wrong in a Muslim condemning any thing you think is wrong nomatter who has committed the wrong. This forum should be strictly to discuss the purchase of 4bn naira jet. I think it is wrong. If you think otherwise, politely state your reasons and let others see ur point of view.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

How would Adeboye be rated in contrast with the highlighted above  

2 Peter 2:1-3:
The Danger of False Teachers
  1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies [/b]and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 [b]In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

It as already been foretold by the bible greedy false teachers would tell you clever lies (tithes) to get hold of your money to satisfy their desire for filthy lucre
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by tpia: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by fyneguy: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
How come A_K_O has not made any comment on this?
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2009
fyneguy:

How come A_K_O has not made any comment on this?
Cos he his waiting for CEC plc to buy their own executive business jet for the use of their chief executive to be visiting all his business interests all over the world tongue
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by fyneguy: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
lol

Kunle

You need to go spend more time on getting rid of some wordly riches you have accumulated o, so you can make heaven. Sell your Laptop, your cafe, your car etc and follow Jesus o.
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Lagosboy: 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

1 Peter 5:2-3:
2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. 3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.

How would Adeboye be rated in contrast with the highlighted above

2 Peter 2:1-3:
The Danger of False Teachers
1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies [/b]and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 [b]In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

It as already been foretold by the bible greedy false teachers would tell you clever lies (tithes) to get hold of your money to satisfy their desire for filthy lucre

Thumbs up !! Pastors following this equals been a good christian!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ify3: 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2009
Folks,
The idea of buying private jet should not be encouraged in Christianity.
As this has started, it will be the style and trend of the big church pastors now - "challenges".
THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT! It will never profit the church, rather it will run the finances of the church to not. There are brethrens in the church that needs help. I mean real help - there are school fees to pay, house rents to pay, food on the tables, etc.
The initiators of the private jet purchase should have initiated "Help the poor/needy". This would have profited the church and members the more.

I know that somebody would want to counter this, but the truth remains that Christianity is not all about flamboyance; though physical but more of spiritual.

Boy!! N4b ($28m) is not a come-chop change. This amount could save dying lives. There are so many in the hospital that needed only N60,000, less or more for operations or other ailments.
Tell me no one has seen or heard of citizens of this country (Christians) seeking for help either for tumour, cancer, or any other surgical operations for survival?
Go to the hospitals, you will hate whatever financial waste.
Walk round the streets, you will shade tears.

Yes, humble Papa mustn't have initiated the idea or ordered the purchase he should refuted the idea.

STOP this mismanagement of fund!!!
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJay1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2009
HE is a miracle working God
Re: Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2009
Indeed our Gawd works in mysterious ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? / Should Church Music Instrumentalists Be Paid For Their Duties? / Fearing The Apocalypse, Man Tries To Build His Own Ark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.