Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft (6965 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) / Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2009
This back and forth again?

This forum has argued similar matter when they opened their 7.7b naira complex. wey the road to the place no even good sef.
here---> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-100043.0.html

All dem churches na business ventures with mumu congregation. leave poor mugu people make dem dey contribute moni for pastor to largess.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ndipe(m): 1:38am On Mar 11, 2009
Na wao!

If this story is true, then the decision to purchase an aircraft worth about 4 billion Naira is totally crass and definitely without merit, especially in this dire economic times. And this is from the same pastor who had affirmed that he wont worship at Joshua's Church. And now, he bought an aircraft? shocked

I really do think that there are some members of Redeemed Church who have reservation over this profligacy.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by shotster50(m): 2:30am On Mar 11, 2009
Like a lot of people on this post have already said, I do not think there is any justification for buying private jets whichever way you want to look at it. Its beginning to lok like some kind competition between so called 'Men of God' over who is more flamboyant. People must understand that Wealth / Material things do not go hand in hand with the word of God. It is such a shame that people would deem it fit to support a move such as this.
Why cant people see this for what it is?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kobojunkie: 7:32am On Mar 11, 2009
argent:

I dont know if you are a xtian or not and if you are maybe you dont read your bible or maybe you read and dnt have an understanding.
Actually, I happen to be a Christian and I know what the bible says and how what you posted is not in the bible. Maybe you ought to spend time reading yours.
argent:

I still maintain that if truly RCCg acquired an aircraft worth 4bn naira, then it is a shame that they dont have their piorities right.
Here is the thing, it is one thing to have an opinion but a completely different thing to claim your opinion is backed by the bible and true reality when in actual fact it is likely not. You do not run the church and do not know enough to make such a claim as I can clearly see now.
argent:

The reason being that the only reason why God asks for 10% of our income is for food to be in his house coz the poor will always be among us.
Rubbish!!! The food in the house was so the priests and those in the house can feed and maintain the temple. Sure, the poor benefit from it but there is no verse that specifically says it is for what you claim above and nothing else. If you open your bible, you will notice that back in the beginning, the priests had their outfits adorned with gold and other precious jewels. You see this depicted in some of the movies out there as well.
argent:

If the money that is meant to take care of the poor is used to purchase vanity then something is wrong somewhere. I will use the example of Jesus when he was with the multitude preaching to them. He had compassion on them coz he knew they had been with him for a long time and will be very hungry, while his disciples decided to send them away to fend for themselves, He instead looked for food for them and he fed them. Am not a pastor neither am I a preacher, but that singular act of Jesus is enough for anyboy to know that God wants the needy to be taken care of and if the church is not taking care of the needy, then theres a big problem.
Well, you have no proof at this point that the money MEANT for the poor is being used for vanity, even though you make that claim, so what can we do with that unsubstantiated claim of yours? Yes, Jesus was compassionate and helped the poor but the same Jesus saw fit to pay his tithe and did not question the use of the money as you do. Are you sure, He is on the same side as you are now with this?
argent:

The food in the house of God is for God? Please dont make me laugh.
Well, here is the thing. If you give freely TO GOD (since your tithe is unto God and not unto Man), what does that make it? God’s property, right? Or am I missing something here??
argent:

Will God come down from heaven to come and eat the food or spend the money? Maybe you know better, please enlighten me. Money donated to red cross is for them to do carry out their work better, so if they buy a car it is not out of place. But a church buying a private jet, for what? For the futherance of the Gospel or for their lust after material things?
Well, how about you call up the church( if you are a donor) and ask them to personally justify their purchase rather than coming into a forum to fume at the mouth without having your facts right.

It so happens that I attend the church in question. Because I do not agree with his spending plan or his many plans, I pay my tithe elsewhere, someplace where I know the money will be used for causes that I personally support and agree with. Now, can I say 100% that his bid is not of God? Only God knows that and frankly, since I do not contribute much to it, I am not concerned. In the same breath, I believe people have a right to support whatever causes they choose to. If a redeemer decides to buy into the man’s dreams and puts money down to purchase this jet, or support the building of yet another massive church, I don’t think it is anyone else’s business what these people choose to do with their God given wealth. Frankly, I am against people trying to decide how others can or cannot spend their hard earned money by claiming to know what is moral and what is not. Who made you MORAL judge over what another can do with his money or who he can give or not give it to?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 8:33am On Mar 11, 2009
Quote from Kobojunkie yetserday
Do you have proof to back up the claims made above? Isn’t it a huge leap to assume that the church does not have its priorities right when the people who you claim are barely above to afford to put food on their tables are the same ones who danced up to give that money to the church in the first place?

Kobojunkie,
Do you think the goverment is right to chase cocaine and 'igbo' peddlers about? Why not leave them alone afterall the consumers happily and willfully purchase a dose from the peddlers. Infact they use their hard earned money[b](some of course earn the money by stealing) [/b] not the goverment's money to buy the drugs. And if they go crazy it's to shame of their family not the goverment, wetin concern goverment sef?

Do you see the analogy here? why are other christian, non redeemed members complaining, wetin concern them for this matter? Am sure you heard some christian now steal to assuage the crave (sound familiar? drug crave) to donate to church causes having exhausted their own legitimately earned income. The issue is that because of the sensitive nature of religion it is difficult for goverment to intervene in similar way to the drug issue.

Do you think the goverment is not aware that most religious riot in the north usually occurs after a friday mosque service, but its hard for the goverment to control what the imams say to the faithful.

It is left for you and me to condemn what is reprobate behaviour whether we have direct interest or not or our money is involved or not. It is a shame when as christians we attempt to outdo unbelievers in conspicous consumption and we use the worldly people as a barometer to guage our activities. Are you aware the US goverment has asked business executive of firms being bailed out to do away with some perks of office of which private jet is a major component. It is said the jets does not potray frugality, it an irony that it is now our own men of God decide to acquire one. The standard in responsible behavour should be the preserve of christians.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kobojunkie: 9:29am On Mar 11, 2009
Ovamboland:

Quote from Kobojunkie yetserday
Kobojunkie,
Do you think the goverment is right to chase cocaine and 'igbo' peddlers about? Why not leave them alone afterall the consumers happily and willfully purchase a dose from the peddlers. Infact they use their hard earned money[b](some of course earn the money by stealing) [/b] not the goverment's money to buy the drugs. And if they go crazy it's to shame of their family not the goverment, wetin concern goverment sef?
I am having a hard time here connecting your statements above to talking of religion here. But since I am awake at 3 am working and needing a break, I will take a stab at this.
That you do not see the problem in people PURCHASING cocaine from ‘igbo peddlers’ makes me wonder if you have it all together. First off, Cocaine is ILLEGAL. So, if you PURCHASE or are CAUGHT with illegal materials, you can be PROSECUTED by the law. Alright?

Ovamboland:

Do you see the analogy here?
I could not make a rational connection with what you offered up there.

Ovamboland:

why are other christian, non redeemed members complaining, wetin concern them for this matter? Am sure you heard some christian now steal to assuage the crave (sound familiar? drug crave) to donate to church causes having exhausted their own legitimately earned income. The issue is that because of the sensitive nature of religion it is difficult for goverment to intervene in similar way to the drug issue.
Oh!! So now every redeemed member who gives their own hard-earned money freely are to be seen as drug addicts? Does this label only apply to REDEEMED church goers who pay tithes to the church? Or are you willing to apply this tag to anyone out there who WILLINGLY chooses to give his/her own hard earned money to a church or any organization out there? By your statement above, the government ought to arrest all persons who choose for any reason, personal or not to make donations to organizations of any kind. WOOHOO!!! Lol
Also I think what you are suggesting above is that government ought to clamp down on any group of people who come together to many raise money to buy themselves a jet, ship, etc. Are you sure you are making the right connections here?
Ovamboland:

Do you think the goverment is not aware that most religious riot in the north usually occurs after a friday mosque service, but its hard for the goverment to control what the imams say to the faithful.
So, if the riots occur mostly right after mosque service, the mosque is to blame? Hhhmmm. . . . interesting!!

Ovamboland:

It is left for you and me to condemn what is reprobate behaviour whether we have direct interest or not or our money is involved or not. It is a shame when as christians we attempt to outdo unbelievers in conspicous consumption and we use the worldly people as a barometer to guage our activities.
Definitely our place to condemn reprobate behavior of any kind, but the same Bible also calls us to JUDGE WISELY, so, how do we deem this as REPROBATE behavior without actually having FACTS to work with? All we have here is some news that the church is PURCHASING jet, no other FACTS and you believe we CONDEMNING this action just going with that is RIGHT IN GOD’s EYES? Come on!!
Ovamboland:

Are you aware the US goverment has asked business executive of firms being bailed out to do away with some perks of office of which private jet is a major component. It is said the jets does not potray frugality, it an irony that it is now our own men of God decide to acquire one. The standard in responsible behavour should be the preserve of christians.
But, these are businesses that are GETTING BAILOUT MONEY FROM GOVERNMENT, i.e. government as shareholder in the firm deems the cost of the Jets to be unacceptable in those cases. Last I checked, churches are not getting BAILOUT MONEY so why are you yet again trying hard to connect government to this?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by sammyzacks(m): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2009
ist all for the gospel
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KayCyrils(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2009
My Fathers house of worship has become a den of thieves! Stealing in the name of the lord.
  Most of them are making their own heaven hear on earth
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2009
I will not bother to respond to your quotes one after the other, your response shows that approach is futile as your thinking is only 1-dimensional.
My response is mainly for the benefit of other forumites who may be carried away by your many words which lack indept, introspective, deductive reasoning.
I am not at all suprised shallow minds like you fail to see a connection between addiction and religious zealotry (check meaning online). Long ago some philosopher described religion as a kind of Opium -see the connection now? Remember the Guyana tragedy of Rev Jim Jones infamy where he talked people into WILLINGLY giving up their very lives? What of Davig Koresh? read the details if you care. That just illustrates how unbridled religiosity can lead to doing irrational things.

If Imams incite faithfuls to kill infidels in their sermon i guess it's me you need to blame angry

Also even where people are free to donate FREELY to charities, it is still goverment perogative to monitor the spending pattern of such charities that it is not misapplied. But yes this is religion and the goverment is handicapped b'cos of our recent politics and history.
But Kobojunkie, the church SHOULD be self accounting and not found making questionable purchases just because it is THEIR money.

As unbelievers take advantage of the poor regulatory structure of our giverment systems, christians should not be found joining in the fray but setting a higher standard of conduct. An example  in the recent experience of Matthew Ashimolow on UK where he was fined for misuse of charity(as  churches are categorised) funds

Just b'cos an activity is lawful does not make it christianly, their is something called morals and ethics.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJYOU: 11:45am On Mar 11, 2009
Ovamboland:

I will not bother to respond to your quotes one after the other, your response shows that approach is futile as your thinking is only 1-dimensional.
My response is mainly for the benefit of other forumites who may be carried away by your many words which lack indept, introspective, deductive reasoning.
I am not at all suprised shallow minds like you fail to see a connection between addiction and religious zealotry (check meaning online). Long ago some philosopher described religion as a kind of Opium -see the connection now? Remember the Guyana tragedy of Rev Jim Jones infamy where he talked people into WILLINGLY giving up their very lives? What of Davig Koresh? read the details if you care. That just illustrates how unbridled religiosity can lead to doing irrational things.

If Imams incite faithfuls to kill infidels in their sermon i guess it's me you need to blame angry

Also even where people are free to donate FREELY to charities, it is still goverment perogative to monitor the spending pattern of such charities that it is not misapplied. But yes this is religion and the goverment is handicapped b'cos of our recent politics and history.
But Kobojunkie, the church SHOULD be self accounting and not found making questionable purchases just because it is THEIR money.

As unbelievers take advantage of the poor regulatory structure of our giverment systems, christians should not be found joining in the fray but setting a higher standard of conduct. An example  in the recent experience of Matthew Ashimolow on UK where he was fined for misuse of charity(as  churches are categorised) funds

Just b'cos an activity is lawful does not make it christianly, their is something called morals and ethics.
i am always surprised to see people who are not afraid to lie in an open forum. can you copy and paste here where you read pastor matthew was fined in the charity commissions report. how many times do you repeat a lei for it to become true?

i dont attend his church or adeboyes church but i find it sad you guys have no qualms throwing the baby out with the water. if these guys are as corrupt as some of you are insinuating, can i suggest that it is because they are nigerians. there is something wrong with our psyche that needs to be addressed before we self destroy on a massive scale.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2009
JJYOU:

i am always surprised to see people who are not afraid to lie in an open forum. can you copy and paste here where you read pastor matthew was fined in the charity commissions report. how many times do you repeat a lei for it to become true?

i dont attend his church or adeboyes church but i find it sad you guys have no qualms throwing the baby out with the water. if these guys are as corrupt as some of you are insinuating, can i suggest that it is because they are nigerians. there is something wrong with our psyche that needs to be addressed before we self destroy on a massive scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Ashimolowo

Financial irregularities

The charity behind Kingsway International Christian Centre is The King's Ministries Trust. This was investigated by the Charity Commission of England and Wales between 2002 and 2005. A report of the inquiry was released in October 2005.[1] The report concluded that there had been serious misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the charity. At an early stage in the investigation, it was considered that the charity's assets were at risk, and control was removed from the existing trustees and placed in the hands of an independent external company (the accountancy and management consultancy practice KPMG), who regularised the charity's affairs.

The report found that:[1]
there was serious misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the Charity (section 21)
he was responsible for approving payments and benefits to himself and his wife, Yemisi, totalling more than £384,000 (section 11)
he and his family received benefits from the Charity including:
free accommodation for himself and family (section 4)
an £80,000 car (section 12)
he had made personal purchases using the Charity’s Visa card, including the purchase of a timeshare apartment in Florida for £13,000 (section 18)
over half a million pounds was paid out to Ashimolowo's private companies, which were operated from church property and had unclear business relationships with the charity (section 15)
Ashimolowo acted as both a trustee and a paid employee of the charity (section 4)

He was ordered (section 34) to repay £200,000.

But in a subsequent debate in the House of Lords, Lord Swinfen questioned the running of the Charity Commission's running of this investigation. He acknowledged the technical breach, but highlighted its openness, "This unincorporated trust has for some years been remunerating its trustees for various services and doing so quite openly. It made the mistake of not realising that it should have altered its constitution explicitly to allow that to be done." He then questioned the cost of the investigation "With some advice from the commission and the use of the charity lawyer, the trustees of this charity could have affected these changes for some £12,000—one-hundredth of the sum the commission has already spent." He added "The commission believes, understandably, that the future success of this charity is assured by the charity having new trustees".[2]

JJYOU:

how does denial spell in islam?

seems its spelt the same way in Christianity, eh?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2009
Pastor Ashimolowo to repay GBP200,000
Contributed by News Features
Friday, 07 October 2005
, after buying Florida timeshare on church Visa card
By Ruth Gledhill, The Times UK
Charity watchdog criticises church for lack of control over millions of pounds
THE pastor of an Afro-Caribbean church will have to repay £200,000 after an investigation by the Charity Commission
found “serious misconduct and mismanagement” within his church.
By Ruth Gledhill, The Times UK Charity watchdog criticises church for lack of control over millions of pounds
THE pastor of an Afro-Caribbean church will have to repay £200,000 after an investigation by the Charity Commission
found “serious misconduct and mismanagement” within his church.
A £120,000 birthday party was among benefits received by Matthew Ashimolowo, the pastor of the Kingsway
International Christian Centre. He was also able to use his church’s Visa card to buy a timeshare apartment in Florida.
The organisation, a registered charity, is the fastest growing church in Europe and a proponent of the “prosperity gospel”,
which equates faith with material abundance.
The commission’s report, published yesterday, shows that some of the church’s trustees were being paid as employees of
the charity. Mr Ashimolowo, 53, and his family were living rent-free in a house owned by the charity and the pastor also
had an interest in a company operating from the premises in Hackney, East London. He had also been given an £80,000
car.
The commissioners said that charity trustees should always ensure that personal interests did not conflict with their
duties as trustees and make sure that assets were used only to further stated purposes.
Further, the trustees had delegated almost all control of the charity to a pastoral board that included the pastor and his
wife Yemesi and had the power to spend up to £1 million at a time. Over eight years, to 2002, Mr and Mrs Ashimolowo
were paid £384,600.
They were also given £141,400 from weekly collections. Mr Ashimolowo also had several private companies selling his
books, videos and tapes in Nigeria, advertising them free on the church’s website.
Kingsway was started 20 years ago with a congregation of 17. It now has 12,000 regular worshippers and is expected to
reach its target of 25,000 members by 2010. In 2001 its income was £7.3 million.
Churches such as Kingsway promote wealth as a reward for hard work and living a godly life. They use the opening text
of the third letter of John, in which the apostle prays for his friend’s prosperity and health, and other texts espousing the
abundance of harvest reaped from the well-sown seed, to support this view.
A prosperous pastor is seen as proof that prosperity preaching — known to its detractors as the “blab-it-and-grab-it gospel” —
works. Vast sums are generated by the congregations of these churches, where “tithing”, or donation of 10 per cent of net
income, is common.
Kingsway was placed in the hands of receivers in 2002 after a routine visit by Charity Commission officials led to
concerns about governance and the benefits granted to trustees.
The commission investigation found that hundreds of thousands of pounds had been transferred overseas with little
documentation to explain how these payments furthered the objects of the charity. The report says that when
investigators visited the church in September 2002, they “noted boxes containing finance papers being loaded into a car”.
These turned out to be invoices, cheques and cash related to that financial year. The investigators concluded that this
incident showed “at the very least a serious lack of control” by the trustees.
The commission claims in its report to have safeguarded nearly £20 million of charitable funds and the charity was
allowed to regain control of the church in March, though restructured as a charitable company rather than a trust.
Kingsway said yesterday that the commission had made clear in March its satisfaction that the church had a new
structure. It said: “Six months on, the church is moving forward and we remain committed to our vision for growth.”
The inquiry has not halted the ambitions of Mr Ashimolowo, a Nigerian-born convert from Islam, whose new contract of
The Nigerian Village Square
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com Powered by Joomla! Generated: 11 March, 2009, 05:56
employment with the charity stipulates that he must repay £200,000.
He wants to build an arena for 10,000 people to house the church on the 9.5-acre site presently occupied by the church,
which is at the heart of the land needed for the 2012 Olympi

[url=http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1733 -]www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1733 -[/url]

See the infantile attempts to paint black deeds in white by pitiable apologists. Am sure they will commit more horrendous crimes when they get the opportunity these guys have now
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2009
Matthew Ashimolowo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Matthew Ashimolowo (born 17 March 1952 in Nigeria) is the Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) in London.

His Winning Ways programme is aired daily on Premier Radio (London) and Spirit FM (Amsterdam) and on television in Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, TV Africa, the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and Europe on The God Channel and Inspirational Network.[citation needed]

[edit] Financial irregularities
The charity behind Kingsway International Christian Centre is The King's Ministries Trust. This was investigated by the Charity Commission of England and Wales between 2002 and 2005. A report of the inquiry was released in October 2005.[1] The report concluded that there had been serious misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the charity. At an early stage in the investigation, it was considered that the charity's assets were at risk, and control was removed from the existing trustees and placed in the hands of an independent external company (the accountancy and management consultancy practice KPMG), who regularised the charity's affairs.

The report found that:[1]

there was serious misconduct and mismanagement in the administration of the Charity (section 21)
he was responsible for approving payments and benefits to himself and his wife, Yemisi, totalling more than £384,000 (section 11)
he and his family received benefits from the Charity including:
free accommodation for himself and family (section 4)
an £80,000 car (section 12)
he had made personal purchases using the Charity’s Visa card, including the purchase of a timeshare apartment in Florida for £13,000 (section 18)
over half a million pounds was paid out to Ashimolowo's private companies, which were operated from church property and had unclear business relationships with the charity (section 15)
Ashimolowo acted as both a trustee and a paid employee of the charity (section 4)

He was ordered (section 34) to repay £200,000.

But in a subsequent debate in the House of Lords, Lord Swinfen questioned the running of the Charity Commission's running of this investigation. He acknowledged the technical breach, but highlighted its openness, "This unincorporated trust has for some years been remunerating its trustees for various services and doing so quite openly. It made the mistake of not realising that it should have altered its constitution explicitly to allow that to be done." He then questioned the cost of the investigation "With some advice from the commission and the use of the charity lawyer, the trustees of this charity could have affected these changes for some £12,000—one-hundredth of the sum the commission has already spent." He added "The commission believes, understandably, that the future success of this charity is assured by the charity having new trustees".[2]

[edit] References
^ a b "The King’s Ministries Trust (Registered Charity No. 1014084)". The Regulator for Charities in England and Wales. http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/investigations/inquiryreports/kmt.asp. Retrieved on 2008-10-24.
^ "Lords Hansard text for 8 Nov 2005". UK Parliament. 2005-11-08. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200506/ldhansrd/vo051108/text/51108-25.htm. Retrieved on 2009-02-21.

[edit] External links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Ashimolowo

more proofs showing JJOU's hero in public arena. Some of then are evven contesting Nigerian presidency to join in dipping their hands in the public till
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by ilaugh1: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2009
So? they acquire aircraft, whats the big deal about it? What is it you are all shouting about? They stole your money or what? When politicians and business men single handedly buy such aircrafts, where were you all? Can you go on the pages of the internet to talk rubbish about them? Whats your problem, all of you? Abi you ten kobo is in the money, or what is it? Anyone whose ten kobo or dime is not in the church money has absolutely nothing to talk about, so, keep your mouth shut and shut forever.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
Chei see pastors dey lavish ooo! grin

If i was a christian, i wont attend any church to be honest

I will patronise the word of God and praise him from the comfort of my home

More than half of this churches and pastors do not deserve to be followed

One wonders why everyone follows and preaches different things compared to one another!
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2009
Here we go again! what a load of rubbish, man of God my ass. Million of people are suffering including followers of pastor Adeboye and he buys a 4bn aircraft, what is the difference btw this guy and our corrupt leaders? I am surprised how blind our people are, we can't see that all these so called pastors are thieves hiding under the pretext of spreading the word of God.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJYOU: 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2009

He was ordered (section 34) to repay £200,000.   is this what you call the fine?

But in a subsequent debate in the House of Lords, [size=13pt]Lord Swinfen questioned the running of the Charity Commission's running of this investigation. He acknowledged the technical breach, but highlighted its openness, "This unincorporated trust has for some years been remunerating its trustees for various services and doing so quite openly. It made the mistake of not realising that it should have altered its constitution explicitly to allow that to be done." He then questioned the cost of the investigation "With some advice from the commission and the use of the charity lawyer, the trustees of this charity could have affected these changes for some £12,000—one-hundredth of the sum the commission has already spent." He added "The commission believes, understandably, that the future success of this charity is assured by the charity having new trustees"[/size].[2]

OYB, once more i do not attend any nigerian church and wont  claim to be their spokes person.  

it would have been nice if you gave me the charities commission report. wickipedia and its likes are not authentic for me.  where was it stated that he was fined as the earlier poster said?    check Lord swinfen's note in the house of Lords again and note his points.
He then questioned the cost of the investigation "With some advice from the commission and the use of the charity lawyer, the trustees of this charity could have affected these changes for some £12,000—one-hundredth of the sum the commission has already spent."

it is now a commonly accepted fact by everyone in the know that the charities commission did a massive cock-up on its kicc investigations.   we may not like kicc and its work but they are still one of the best run black majority church in this country UK.

if you know anything about the english charity laws all the charity commission done was make him and the other trustees richer.  as a result of ignorance they didnt set out in black and white to get paid lawfully renumerated for thier work annually but thanks to the the over zealousness of the same organisation they are all now being paid wages in line with charities their size.

england is not like nigeria where you can steal any charitable money if nothing gets you the paper trail will.  you all have right to condem what you feel is wrong but you dont have right to tell lies.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by huxley(m): 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2009
Nigerian Christian, especially followers of these Big Pastors are some of the most dumbest people on the planet. The Pastors steal their money in broad daylight and flaunt the ill-gotten goods bought with these stolen money in their faces. What do the sheepish followers do? They open their loud mouths and cry - Praise the Lord.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2009
This JJYOU guy is clearly dishonest.

First he said     
am always surprised to see people who are not afraid to lie in an open forum

Confronted with mountain of eveidence that the Charity commision indeed asked Ashimolowo to make payments he then copied a part of our proof where the commisions method of investigation was questioned or criticised.

Why are you finding it difficult to own up as a man that you goofed by attacking the post on the fine as fabrications?

I actually went back to check the reports with the mind to apologise if  i can't find anything like Ashimolowo being asked to make payments, alas the proof is in torrents.

JJYOU your not attending Nigerian churches belies the issue at hand
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Lagosboy: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
@JJyou

honestly you should own up and accept in the light of overwhelming evidence the pastor was ordered to pay £200,000 this is what some people term as fine. In the UK the case could go to the house of lords and that is the next stage where the other lord was talking of 12000. The bottom line is there were financial malpractices by the pastor and he was rebuked by the charity commission.

Your quote is now going against you "how does denial spell in . . . . . . "
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJYOU: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2009
Lagosboy:

@JJyou

honestly you should own up and accept in the light of overwhelming evidence the pastor was ordered to pay £200,000 this is what some people term as fine. In the UK the case could go to the house of lords and that is the next stage where the other lord was talking of 12000. The bottom line is there were financial malpractices by the pastor and he was rebuked by the charity commission.

Your quote is now going against you "how does denial spell in . . . . . . "
there you go. how did you know why the honourable Lord was talking?

i repeat once more if they are theives like you guys want us beleive they are they steal because they are nigerians. you will not find me supporting buying of private jets but what i will not do is allow a lie go unchallenged.

you are claiming ordered to pay the wickipedia report your freind posted earlier said he was ordered to repay. how does that equal a fine in your books.

once more i ask that you go and read the charities commision report and read their next 2 yrs report to see what was put in place as a result of the noble lords outcry over this incident. sad thing is because of this stupidity the charities commission cannot now investigate churches as the law allows because they openly showed unfair bias in their work. i think it is not worth it and that is what precisely the noble lord was getting at. the CC just finished their review sadly they have lost control of many of churches and faith based organisations. you can sit in lagos and think it was worth it but most people in the know think it wrong.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
JJYOU:

there you go. how did you know why the honourable Lord was talking?

i repeat once more if they are theives like you guys want us beleive they are they steal because they are nigerians. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked you will not find me supporting buying of private jets but what i will not do is allow a lie go unchallenged.

you are claiming ordered to pay the wickipedia report your freind posted earlier said he was ordered to repay. how does that equal a fine in your books.

once more i ask that you go and read the charities commision report and read their next 2 yrs report to see what was put in place as a result of the noble lords outcry over this incident. sad thing is because of this stupidity the charities commission cannot now investigate churches as the law allows because they openly showed unfair bias in their work. i think it is not worth it and that is what precisely the noble lord was getting at. the CC just finished their review sadly they have lost control of many of churches and faith based organisations. you can sit in lagos and think it was worth it but most people in the know think it wrong. whatever. . .

damn! denial is a bitch1 see you talking out of both sides of your mouth, now on top of eveything else, you resort to talking like those SA pricks on the racism threads. perhaps you post such crap because you are a nigerian.

since you claim to be in the know, why don't you post the commission report you seem to know so much about?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by otokx(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2009
some pastor life dey better; some people dey suffer
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2009
JJYOU is now into denial mode.
Simple truth is just say 'sorry i was wrong 'he keeps on pontificating.

If you have a problem with my intepretation of the payments as a fine why did't you say so calmly in your post rather that dubbing it 'lies on an online forum'?
Simple misinterpretation if any can't be offhandedly called lies. If he was asked to repay some money, fine. The bottomline of my post and quotation is in the context of misapplication of charity funds, a simple correction would have been appropriate.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJYOU: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2009
Ovamboland:

JJYOU is now into denial mode.
Simple truth is just say 'sorry i was wrong 'he keeps on pontificating.

If you have a problem with my intepretation of the payments as a fine why did't you say so calmly in your post rather that dubbing it 'lies on an online forum'?
Simple misinterpretation if any can't be offhandedly called lies. If he was asked to repay fine. The bottomline of my post and quotation is in the context of misapplication of charity funds, a simple correction would have been appropriate.

you are still repeating the lie. there was no fine to pay or repay. if you know what his and other trustees salary is today you would know what i am talking about. but looks that doesnt matter to guys like you.

you should be the one saying sorry for telling untruth. he was never fined.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by jaybee3(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
This is certainly some sh£t that i can't get ma head around.
I have a cousin here in the UK that lives with me rent free, household bills free and even enjoy free food for the past 4 or so years.
Problem is she barely survives on the token student loan she gets from the government but still deems fit to pay over £700 as tithe last year (i saw the statement). Annoying thing is i have had to bail her out on numerous occasions whenever she goes on about not having enough money to go uni and stuffs.
Now tell me if the average joe can shed out that kind of money all in the name of twisted words (albeit misinformation and not being able to think outside the box) in a year how on earth are this people not gonna be able to afford them kind of luxuries.

Peeps need to seriously wise up. Most nigerians r just too gullible. Whats wrong with praying to God yaself, giving to the poor if u can?
If you search well most nigerians probably pay tithe because they want one thing or the other from God rather than doing it as a sign of appreciation
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by jaybee3(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2009
Remembered going to a church here in UK about 8 yrs ago and was told we could use our credit card to pay for tithe. The lent this people will go to fleece common man is just unbelievable
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
jay bee:

Remembered going to a church here in UK about 8 yrs ago and was told we could use our credit card to pay for tithe. The lent this people will go to fleece common man is just unbelievable

That is not right to be honest!

Whoever directs anyone to pay tithes using the credit card is heartless, greedy, callous and stupid! angry
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Ovamboland(m): 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
JJYOU:

you are still repeating the lie. there was no fine to pay or repay. if you know what his and other trustees salary is today you would know what i am talking about. but looks that doesn't matter to guys like you.

you should be the one saying sorry for telling untruth. he was never fined.

I don't know how you managed to remove the coma after repay in the highlighted comment. He was asked according to the websites to repay 200,000 pounds.

what is our concern with his current lawful salary? Obviously guys like you have no qualms for ethics, empathy, morality, responsibility etc. You find it difficult to own up and take responsibility for your own words by spewing otiose arguments.

This is my last comment on this Ashimolowo matter, to avoid derailing the thread. Peace
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2009
jay bee:

Peeps need to seriously wise up. Most nigerians r just too gullible. Whats wrong with praying to God yaself, giving to the poor if u can?
If you search well most nigerians probably pay tithe because they want one thing or the other from God rather than doing it as a sign of appreciation

I have always advocated for this as the best way to approach things!

The day any pastor rise up to me and try to force me to pay tithes, is the day the pastor will go back to his followers and preach to them not to anymore

I will let fly, trust me
! grin
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by SirJohn(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2009
Wow! the competetion has just began, Chris Oyakhilome is next on line, dont be surprised to hear he has bought the US Air force 1 grin grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kx: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2009
I brought this issue up in my office yesterday and u need to see how my colleagues
("all pastors") almost ate me up.

My concern is if Bill Gate had to come all the way from America to donate to the course
of Polio in naija,yet we dont seem to see and solve our lerthargy of problems
with our resources,what then is d hope.

"Go and give it to the poor" is a bible instruction dat perhaps has now been
left "jejly" in d bible.

My submission,everybody shud serve his/her God in ur own way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. / Pastor Always Knew Agnostic Would Come Crawling Back To Church For Wedding / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.