Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) (64826 Views)

Fans React To Don Jazzy's Outfit: Find Girl, Give Her Belle Like Davido, Wizkid / Peter Okoye Hangs Out With Don Jazzy (Photo) / Don Jazzy Responds To D’banj’s Dedication Of His MAMA Award To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by drnelson: 12:26am On Jul 19, 2015
Fake beards how do you feel abt them - join discussion https://www.nairaland.com/2461455/dbanj-wearing-lebanese-beard-mama
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Dickin: 12:59am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
wow cool... lol

Congrats once again bangalee.. You've done so well for yourself and family

More award and blessings big bro

My turn soon.. Insha allah
grin
e
Airforce1:
wow cool... lol

grin
e
Airforce1:
wow cool... lol

grin
e
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Tomrock007(m): 1:05am On Jul 19, 2015
jboy73:
After being a sidekick for Kanye and Jay z, johnny finally returned to bow for the boss
u sound brainless

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nuzo1(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2015
wasiudvd:

if I may ask. How do you know the brain behind the song is Don Baba J? or you want to say he is d producer?
I applaud D'Banj for dedicating it to him, but the truth is that Oliver twist enjoy that success because of Kanye West. Many Nigerians know this but they will not admit. is Oliver twist the first song Don Baba will produce for D'Banj? Or has he not been producing for artists after that? so why haven't those songs have such international success?
D'banj affiliation with Kanye helped him to push his music beyond borders, not Jazzy.

1. The brain behind every music is the producer.

2. Without a great song, Kanye can't make even his own song popular. Otherwise, why wasnt Kanye able to make other Dbanj's songs which were even produced in GOOD music studio?

3. Producing 1 million songs for Dbanj and other artists that didnt win any award does not take away the fact that they struck their gold in Oliver twist.

4. Like I said before, Kanye may have helped a bit, but the magic of a successful song is first of all; the producer.

And if we may be honest for once, Oliver twist was going to be big with or without Kanye.

8 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Tomrock007(m): 1:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
Love nwatinti or he's looking for his ojurere. Lol
ojurere in what form?
Eja_nla do gone far, he is just tryn to be humble.......
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:17am On Jul 19, 2015
dipopooo:
Daz my boy! Shebi don jazzy n him talentless broda with some hopeless flatees dey call him OGA TITUS.

#OmoOduaRules

He dedicated it to the person who made him,fool.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by airmark(m): 1:19am On Jul 19, 2015
wasiudvd:

if I may ask. How do you know the brain behind the song is Don Baba J? or you want to say he is d producer?
I applaud D'Banj for dedicating it to him, but the truth is that Oliver twist enjoy that success because of Kanye West. Many Nigerians know this but they will not admit. is Oliver twist the first song Don Baba will produce for D'Banj? Or has he not been producing for artists after that? so why haven't those songs have such international success?
D'banj affiliation with Kanye helped him to push his music beyond borders, not Jazzy.

Only few people knew this. Kanye west showing in that video was like a seal.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by apholaryn: 1:20am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

With dat silly song? "She is such a diva eh"
E no even sabi spell "search a diva" was written as the title of the song.
Go do garri business joorh, music is nt ur calling.
Sista u too harsh o
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by komzyb(f): 1:21am On Jul 19, 2015
Classicman47:
In other words: IN YOUR FACE, MOTHER-LOVER!!!!!!!

Shebi you and your younger brother went and did a diss track for me abi?

Una come call am Oga Titus so dat ppl no go know say na me una dey sing about.

Well suck on this, Sucker!!!!

Dat is what D'banj just did, but very few will realize dis.
was dat song really refering to him
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by airmark(m): 1:22am On Jul 19, 2015
Nuzo1:

And if we may be honest for once, Oliver twist was going to be big with or without Kanye.

You would n't want to like to see how you nairaland members cursed d'banj when he released that oliver twist song and was posted here on nairaland. Would you?

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by friends4ever(m): 1:51am On Jul 19, 2015
Just mindful
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by wasiudvd(m): 2:00am On Jul 19, 2015
Nuzo1:

1. The brain behind every music is the producer.

2. Without a great song, Kanye can't make even his own song popular. Otherwise, why wasnt Kanye able to make other Dbanj's songs which were even produced in GOOD music studio?

3. Producing 1 million songs for Dbanj and other artists that didnt win any award does not take away the fact that they struck their gold in Oliver twist.

4. Like I said before, Kanye may have helped a bit, but the magic of a successful song is first of all; the producer.

1. Brain behind success of a song. is not necessarily producer. a. lot of things come to play when it comes to commercial success. producer is important, the artist is equally important.
2. Kanye can't make his song popular? Let me point this out to you, Rick Ross make Onye the most watched Psquare video. Psquare had bigger hits than Onye, but its the most watched of their video. (If I am not mistaken).
3. Don Jazzy may have produce a million songs, its not a coincidence that the one Kanye appeared on the video is the biggest hit.
4. Kanye didn't help a bit, he is the reason for that international success.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by basilo101: 2:00am On Jul 19, 2015
barnaby04:

And some mofo writers and audience will want you to believe that its finish for Dbanj's musical career, yet he keeps on winning major awards globally.

Congrats my guy, Dbanj!
check wat he won, it was based on past accomplishments. Nig.ga is musically dead ryt nw

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by wasiudvd(m): 2:02am On Jul 19, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

He dedicated it to the person who made him,fool.
The person he made too.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Durojelife(m): 3:17am On Jul 19, 2015
It's Weekend Special Offer, Shop Now From
KONGA!!
New Arrival - Men & Women Wrist Watches & Fashionable Bracelets at a give away price.
Click Here To Shop Now - konga.com/globallandmark
Whatsapp - 08123864454
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by crisycent: 4:40am On Jul 19, 2015
There will be a remix of Oga Titus soon.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by IamOpemipo(m): 5:02am On Jul 19, 2015
airmark:

You would n't want to like to see how you nairaland members cursed d'banj when he released that oliver twist song and was posted here on nairaland. Would you?

Truth be told i'm a strong d'banj fan buh I never really liked that song, buh u knw somtin abt paakagin and promotion..

That was the magic

Oliver twist was released in Nov 2011..it neva blew until jan/feb 2012 afta the split and the kanye affiliation.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by IamOpemipo(m): 5:04am On Jul 19, 2015
basilo101:

check wat he won, it was based on past accomplishments. Nig.ga is musically dead ryt nw

Lol..una no dy gree now

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Popoolaoladayo(m): 5:48am On Jul 19, 2015
Say it loud.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

Chai, you get bad mouth grin grin
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by 49cents(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2015
PSuare and Tufacve and Asa are much more than Dbanj......I wonder what the cvriteria they used to give this award??

Dbanj rocked hard in his prime but when it comes to depth and lobgetivity, a Tuface is much more qualified, whenit comes to appeal Psquare rule Africa but like I said MTV must have sime criteria I don't know about

Dbanj's act of dedicating the award to Don Jazzy is no act of humilty but an act of sincerity......lfrom Tongolo to Oliver Twist it has always been Don Jazzy again......Dbanj has always known that Don Jazzy has been very pivotal to his success and now that Don Jazzy aint producing him the ajasa is no more

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by femi4: 6:06am On Jul 19, 2015
airmark:

Its normal with nairalanders....
They criticized:
Dorobucci
My darling
Eminado
and many more....

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by francizy(m): 6:11am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

Haba! This is terribly harsh. One bad thing about we Nigerians. Can't you just criticize him in a more reasonable manner and then tell him how to improve?

I trust you'll be one of those flocking around him when he eventually makes it big.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by francizy(m): 6:19am On Jul 19, 2015
wasiudvd:

1. Brain behind success of a song. is not necessarily producer. a. lot of things come to play when it comes to commercial success. producer is important, the artist is equally important.
2. Kanye can't make his song popular? Let me point this out to you, Rick Ross make Onye the most watched Psquare video. Psquare had bigger hits than Onye, but its the most watched of their video. (If I am not mistaken).
3. Don Jazzy may have produce a million songs, its not a coincidence that the one Kanye appeared on the video is the biggest hit.
4. Kanye didn't help a bit, he is the reason for that international success.

Are you dreaming? Personally by P-Square is currently the most watched Nigerian video on YouTube with beautiful Oyinye (ft Rick Ross) at number 5 or 6.. Go figure..

Now lemme address some points you raised.

Have you ever wondered why certain songs makes wave in Nigeria while reasonable/meaningful ones don't? You can't take away the fact that producers play a major role in the success of a song.

Have you wondered why some certain musicians who leave their record labels enjoy less success than when they were in that label? Check the likes of D'Banj, Wande Cole, Jersey Jags, Brymo, etc. While some others enjoy more success when they leave their labels? This is because the ones who experience less don't eventually find producers that meet the expectations of their fans. While the ones who soar higher meets producers that match their style and are equally good.

Firstly, you ought to check compatibility. To me, D'Banj is not complete without a Don Jazzy beat and the smooth sound of Don Jazzy's voice in the background. Checkout Surulere by Dr. Sid. See how Don Jazzy murdered that track by just saying a little on it. Now even if the best producer does work with D'Banj and both artist and producer ain't compatible, song won't make sense nor sell much. This is because, D'Banj does African works and that's what he's good at. Not some US wannabe artist.

Don Jazzy as it stands right now, can make anything sell. Have you ever thought of that? Even if you only say fufu/amala, tuwo/amala, fufu/shinkafa, on a track from beginning to the end, as long as it's produced by Don Jazzy on a party beat, it will sell.

Artists like Asha, Banky W, etc. don't need good producers to sell because even without beats, their songs are meaningful and will still sell (although not as much as the party jams). On the other hand, artists who make shitty songs 24/7 require good party beats to sell in Nigeria and who makes those beats? Producers.

Now, on the other points, why do you think that D'Banj's popularity started depreciating after hitting an all time high? At least you should know D'Banj didn't need Kanye to sell in Africa and different parts of the world right. He needed him to make sales and become popular in the US which is the biggest music market, fine. Now, what happened after Oliver Twist if you really trying to undermine Don Jazzy's role in D'Banj's music career? Did D'Banj continue on the highs? No. Now if the beat for Oliver Twist was shitty, would the likes of Kanye even want to show face on the track? Go check on most popular Nigerian music videos on YouTube, if am not mistaken, from one to five had no foreign artist. Producers are the bedrock of successful songs, nonetheless we can't take away the fact that other factors makes a song popular too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by MissTechy(f): 6:28am On Jul 19, 2015
SleekyP:
MissTechy kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by tamertery(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

Y now? haba!!! this is too much!!! sad
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

hahaha Take am easy joor
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by francizy(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2015
Akeelahtunez:

SIR ur opinion tho,but DBANJ goes hum with 200m 4winning dat award uno,so wu is d boss??

200m doesn't make him wealthier or boss over Don Jazzy you know.. undecided
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Malawian(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2015
i thing Dbanj has extended enough olive branches to Don Jazzy. if Jazzy is half the Igbo guy he should be, he will do the same. i am pretty sure a new album by the two if them will break the banks and they can then retire in peace.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by joshuaidibia(m): 7:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
wow cool... lol

grin
With dat ur Tonto Dikeh song u upload before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Twerks At A Strip Club With Swanky Jerry / Moesha Boduong Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With 'Dangerous Curvy' Photos / Rahama Hassan Marries Sani Elkudan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.