Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) (64816 Views)

Fans React To Don Jazzy's Outfit: Find Girl, Give Her Belle Like Davido, Wizkid / Peter Okoye Hangs Out With Don Jazzy (Photo) / Don Jazzy Responds To D’banj’s Dedication Of His MAMA Award To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Malawian(m): 7:08am On Jul 19, 2015
i think Dbanj has extended enough olive branches to Don Jazzy. if Jazzy is half the Igbo guy he should be, he will do the same. i am pretty sure a new album by the two if them will break the banks and they can then retire in peace.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by justmenoni: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2015
grin grin grin
Airforce1:
wow cool... lol

Congrats once again bangalee.. You've done so well for yourself and family

More award and blessings big bro

My turn soon.. Insha allah
grin
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by kunledegreat(m): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2015
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by morbeta(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2015
D'Bang begging for forgiveness since the days of Bongo Osikwe-(1969)
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2015
2face or Asa deserves that award not D'banj.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 7:38am On Jul 19, 2015
itsMrIke:
So D'Banj and Asa were in the same category and D'banj won Go home MAMA awards, you are drunk!!! Nonsense!!!

What came to my mind exactly. Even 2face was in that category yet they D'banj won.... who is D'banj beside Asa n 2baba.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

With dat silly song? "She is such a diva eh"

E no even sabi spell "search a diva" was written as the title of the song.

Go do garri business joorh, music is nt ur calling.
lols why are you making it seem like you hating... Encourage the Niggah show him some love dear. It ain't easy.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Shoolar(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2015
best of fRiends of 21st CenTuRy
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by just2endowed: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2015
Calebosko:
Beautiful,men dont always forget who make them who they are its only girls dat dont luk back,

the theme song for this coment is magic by brandy

That's the truth, guys will appreciate and remember but for a girl, nah. Speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by AdAhm(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
CaptPlanet:
Dbanj trying to hook up with Jazzy for a couple

Nice
possibly, looking forward to it man
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
Lol grin

talk na
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Classicman47(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
Nuzo1:

No bro, seems like you and a couple of others are the ones not realizing the deal here.

The category D'banj won is all about who've been able to push African music to the rest of the world. And D'banj was able to do this with Oliver Twist of which the brain behind the song was Don Jazzy. So, its only normal and reasonable to dedicate the award to those who made it possible.

Again, the win has little or nothing to do with who is doing better music now. Its a maiden award and therefore had a lot to do with old material/work/songs.

Good luck to them.

Yea goodluck to them.

Don Jazzy was actually a force to reckon with in D banj's career. And if wasn't for ego problems, they would still be churning out good music together till date.

But I guess its like they say...nothing lasts forever!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Airforce1(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

talk na
Wetin u want make I talk grin
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by iamboody(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2015
uzolexis:

What came to my mind exactly. Even 2face was in that category yet they D'banj won.... who is D'banj beside Asa n 2baba.
Now I have a question for you, do you know the meaning and reason for that award? If yes pls prove to me why you think Dbanj does not deserve that award over Asa and Tuface. Cos I have a feeling that you are just hating on him.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Classicman47(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2015
komzyb:
was dat song really refering to him

From all indications I'd say yes. But I dnt know for sure.
Forget that don jazzy tried to deny it. Of course u dnt expect him to say otherwise.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Ziggyzito(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2015
basilo101:

check wat he won, it was based on past accomplishments. Nig.ga is musically dead ryt nw
don't be a scum%bag!!! The award celebrates excellence..... It isn't based on past glory or whatever! D'banj deserves the award..he's the pathfinder of our contemporary music in Nigeria today.... D'banj was the first to go international and he's the most recognized African act worldwide.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by chimajii: 8:18am On Jul 19, 2015
omojoshy:
Hmmmmmmm

Magnanimous is victory shocked shocked

Nice 1 Koko Master.... grin

In?? grin
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by chimajii: 8:20am On Jul 19, 2015
Wow, nairalanders struggling with the meaning of EVOLUTION cheesy
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
Wetin u want make I talk grin

No problem if you are not na. I just felt u sound like a real muslim in that ur post. I'm a Muslim though. AbdulAzeez by namesmiley
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by just2endowed: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2015
chimajii:
Wow, nairalanders struggling with the meaning of EVOLUTION cheesy

I think it means bringing new idea and new concept to music industry in Africa
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Airforce1(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

No problem if you are not na. I just felt u sound like a real muslim in that ur post. I'm a Muslim though. AbdulAzeez by namesmiley
I'm a catholic

But i got lotsa muslim friends, and we cool.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by bigiyaro(m): 8:30am On Jul 19, 2015
d koko master is simply tellin don jazzy dat he can make it witout him, bt koko master would av done far better if he stays wit don jazzy
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by chimajii: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2015
just2endowed:

I think it means bringing new idea and new concept to music industry in Africa

Not necessarily that. Cause there Is nothing New under the sun, be it concept or whatever most especially in music. Everything has been done, only difference is people adding spins to it/tweaking it. I wud say More like who has been doing and possibly done it all,be there, and has held sway and put africa industry or Nigerian music industry in a certain way out there.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2015
iamboody:

Now I have a question for you, do you know the meaning and reason for that award? If yes pls prove to me why you think Dbanj does not deserve that award over Asa and Tuface. Cos I have a feeling that you are just hating on him.

I am not hating on him dear. The award is for who has projected African music to the world most(correct me if i'm wrong). The only song of d'banj's that really gained international recognition is oliver Twist. Asa's album sell worldwide, 2face's songs have been used in Hollywood movies. Most of my friends from other countries if u ask them about nigerian music majority know Asa a few others know 2face but none has ever mentioned d'banj. Yes, they all know Oliver Twist but most don't even know twas sang by a nigerian not to talk of knowing who sang the song. So 2Face and Asa r doing better in the international scene compared to kokomaster

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Kog45(m): 8:55am On Jul 19, 2015
Ziggyzito:
don't be a scum%bag!!! The award celebrates excellence..... It isn't based on past glory or whatever! D'banj deserves the award..he's the pathfinder of our contemporary music in Nigeria today.... D'banj was the first to go international and he's the most recognized African act worldwide.
I totally disagreed with your comment that dbanj is d pathfinder of contemporary music in Nigeria.I'm a great fan of dbanj,psquare and 2face.I always appreciate these guys bcs they have contributed a lot to Africa music and they deserve to be commended.The word EVOLUTION that MTV used for d award is to recognize an artist that change d face of Africa music.The evolution award is just a new award and there is no need for us to run other artists down or denied them of their significant contribution to d modern day music bcs Dbanj won it.I want to tell u that d Evolutionary of contemporary music in Nigeria is 2face and this paved way for d likes of Dbanj,psquare,Asa.I'm not saying dbanj didn't deserve it but coming here to tell us that d dbanj started it all,then u don't know d history of modern day contemporary music.The mama or evolution award is by voting not by expert who know much about music.A very thinktank who know much about d history of evolution of pop or hip hop in Africa will never give such award to dbanj.As a Nigerian I congratulate dbanj for this award and d like of 2face,face,blackface,d old remedies bcs they started it all and they must be recognized.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Adultnextdoor(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2015
alphaconde:
Oga titus wan beg but na God win
....mehnn!!...you mumu die oh!!
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Airforce1:
I'm a catholic
But i got lotsa muslim friends, and we cool.
alright then. cool
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by kenoz(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2015
Nice
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

Chai.. Aunty,u wicked o.. grin.
Airforce1,com feature me jare.. I go make u blow.

Hear my freestyle first,u go knw wetin i dey talk http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/

u fit also chek my signature 4 my song.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
yomanovic:

music is not his calling? he won award in which many very talented aftican musicians were nominated n u insist music is not his way? you need to born again to get sense b4 its too late.
What is this one saying?
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by joe4christ(m): 9:36am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

I almost choked on laughter. Babe, you're fu{kingly funny! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Khloe Becomes Lishashair Ambassador, Goes Braless To Announce It / Mercy Eke Twerks At A Strip Club With Swanky Jerry / Moesha Boduong Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With 'Dangerous Curvy' Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.