Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) (64815 Views)

Fans React To Don Jazzy's Outfit: Find Girl, Give Her Belle Like Davido, Wizkid / Peter Okoye Hangs Out With Don Jazzy (Photo) / Don Jazzy Responds To D’banj’s Dedication Of His MAMA Award To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by obiak4(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2015
delectablegyal:

With dat silly song? "She is such a diva eh"

E no even sabi spell "search a diva" was written as the title of the song.

Go do garri business joorh, music is nt ur calling.
why don't you just tell him u love d song and also the writer?? why bae u just ffff up big time if he refused to sign autographs for you next year what will you do cry abi
the remix airforce1 ft davido awon fans mi watch out

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 19, 2015
chimajii:

In?? grin
Tenx my G for ya observation. Henceforth, proper editing ll be carried out prior to pressing 'SEND' button. NO MORE RUSHING!

Happy Sunday......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Caseless: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2015
casket:
D'banj..the guy is truly humble !

Looking forward to a collabo from the duo .
humble ko
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Caseless: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2015
alphaconde:
Oga titus wan beg but na God win

Gbam

They gave him an avenue to reach out to don jazzy

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2015
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by dipopooo(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

He dedicated it to the person who made him,fool.

Ediot, ejanla made himself
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Revolva(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2015
Nice one dbanj but his musical career de ond low he is trying to pally with IDJA for some collabo...IDJA no get him time....all men for theirselves....#Ogatitus
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by abysirius(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2015
tunesoft:
Hmnnnnn....indeed, to me it's just a form of patronisation....since the spit, Jazzy has clearly been doing well and better unlike D'banj who seems to be struggling, just maybe he realised his mistakes, using this as part of ecko noon
Define what u mean by 'doing well and better' and support ur claim with evidence. You should speak with facts and not feelings.
Since they parted in 2012;
1. Mention where they've both performed till date.
2. Endorsement till date
3. Awards
4. Influence at the int'l scene etc.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2015
Coogar where are thou? Wanna see you.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Uniquekriss(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Initiating reconciliation. It's obvious SMD boss is doing beta, success is infectious. Plz hurry up D'banj.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Rilwayne001: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2015
Oga na master .... Oga titus finally bow.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2015
There is an Igbo saying/proverb that says o mere nwanyi mere ukwu nku (He who doeth things for a woman doeth it for a log of wood)
just2endowed:

That's the truth, guys will appreciate and remember but for a girl, nah. Speaking from experience
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2015
Go and listen to dbanj interview where he stated that don jazzy popularize the song by organizing oliver twist dance competition in the UK, oliver twist is not the making of kanye west, even the koko gari was don jazzys initiative not dbanj. Check those interviews on youtube
wasiudvd:

1. Brain behind success of a song. is not necessarily producer. a. lot of things come to play when it comes to commercial success. producer is important, the artist is equally important.
2. Kanye can't make his song popular? Let me point this out to you, Rick Ross make Onye the most watched Psquare video. Psquare had bigger hits than Onye, but its the most watched of their video. (If I am not mistaken).
3. Don Jazzy may have produce a million songs, its not a coincidence that the one Kanye appeared on the video is the biggest hit.
4. Kanye didn't help a bit, he is the reason for that international success.

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by just2endowed: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
DikeOha882:
There is an Igbo saying/proverb that says o mere nwanyi mere ukwu nku (He who doeth things for a woman doeth it for a log of wood)

LOL I get you bro.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by wasiudvd(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
DikeOha882:
Go and listen to dbanj interview where he stated that don jazzy popularize the song by organizing oliver twist dance competition in the UK, oliver twist is not the making of kanye west, even the koko gari was don jazzys initiative not dbanj. Check those interviews on youtube

He should please organize another Looku Looku dance, even in Pluto. it will not go beyond Africa. Affiliation with Kanye is the reason for that international recognition.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
Youtube cures ignorance
wasiudvd:

He should please organize another Looku Looku dance, even in Pluto. it will not go beyond Africa. Affiliation with Kanye is the reason for that international recognition.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by iamboody(m): 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
uzolexis:

I am not hating on him dear. The award is for who has projected African music to the world most(correct me if i'm wrong). The only song of d'banj's that really gained international recognition is oliver Twist. Asa's album sell worldwide, 2face's songs have been used in Hollywood movies. Most of my friends from other countries if u ask them about nigerian music majority know Asa a few others know 2face but none has ever mentioned d'banj. Yes, they all know Oliver Twist but most don't even know twas sang by a nigerian not to talk of knowing who sang the song. So 2Face and Asa r doing better in the international scene compared to kokomaster
So now when you talk of who projects African Music to the world most you don’t think Dbanj Deserves it? Let me help you a bit. Dbanj is the Nigerian first United Nation Youth Ambassador for peace. Dbanj is the one who lead 18 other African artists to sing a theme song for Agriculture investment. Dbanj is the one who was applauded by World Bank Chief for using his music power and high celebrity status to bringing attention to serious and critical issues in Africa. Dbanj is the one who won music award in Monaco. Dbanj was the only Nigerian Artist to have performed at hackney weekend. Dbanj is the artist whose album was review on New York Time. Dbanj is the one who was interviewed on Giant American Station ABC News, BBC in London and You tube also in London. Dbanj is the one who gave a TEDx speech in Washington DC. Dbanj is the one who has single handedly brought American Super stars to Nigeria in his previous concerts. I don't even want to talk about Oliver Twist, the song has a Wikipedia check it and tell me again if those your friends will tell you they don't know who Dbanj is. Tuface and P square don’t even have that carriage to compete with Dbanj on this, they lack that charming class. Dbanj has collaborated with many African and American Super stars, he has used his status to meet with people all over the world. Asa is there and I recognize that. Mean while Dbanj still owe all these Success stories to Don Jazzy and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by gzzyent: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
thats nice , remembering the union way back .....naija is proud of u bro
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by cescky(m): 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
Akeelahtunez:

SIR ur opinion tho,but DBANJ goes hum with 200m 4winning dat award uno,so wu is d boss??

Who fed u that cow cowdung info?

Even in us its void of payment then its in africa they pay?

Mtv is world bank for ya mind!
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by wasiudvd(m): 12:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
DikeOha882:
Youtube cures ignorance

I don't think so, if it does you should have been cured. Just as Son Jazzy to organize Dorobucci or Looku Looku dance. Those songs will blow like Oliver Twist.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by iamboody(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
Kog45:
I totally disagreed with your comment that dbanj is d pathfinder of contemporary music in Nigeria.I'm a great fan of dbanj,psquare and 2face.I always appreciate these guys bcs they have contributed a lot to Africa music and they deserve to be commended.The word EVOLUTION that MTV used for d award is to recognize an artist that change d face of Africa music.The evolution award is just a new award and there is no need for us to run other artists down or denied them of their significant contribution to d modern day music bcs Dbanj won it.I want to tell u that d Evolutionary of contemporary music in Nigeria is 2face and this paved way for d likes of Dbanj,psquare,Asa.I'm not saying dbanj didn't deserve it but coming here to tell us that d dbanj started it all,then u don't know d history of modern day contemporary music.The mama or evolution award is by voting not by expert who know much about music.A very thinktank who know much about d history of evolution of pop or hip hop in Africa will never give such award to dbanj.As a Nigerian I congratulate dbanj for this award and d like of 2face,face,blackface,d old remedies bcs they started it all and they must be recognized.
You are very correct. When it comes evolution of music in Africa I think Tuface has no rival, while Dbanj, P square, Asa and others follow. But I want you to know that Dbanj has projected African Music to the world better than the rest. I think the problem with P square and tubaba is because they don't speak good English or maybe it's because Dbanj and Jazzy came from the UK, which 'may' imply that they are more exposed than the former. I still think Tuface and P square did not explore their potentials beyond African shore. They have few international affiliation compare to Dbanj. Let me tell you that African fans have done more for P square and Tuface in exporting their brands to the world than they have done for them selves.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Toboye(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
freshness2020:
That's love and maturity....the brotherly love is still there.
Wish both of them a continual blossoming career. cool cool
You've spoken well. How I wish they come back together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2015
iamboody:

So now when you talk of who projects African Music to the world most you don’t think Dbanj Deserves it? Let me help you a bit. Dbanj is the Nigerian first United Nation Youth Ambassador for peace. Dbanj is the one who lead 18 other African artists to sing a theme song for Agriculture investment. Dbanj is the one who was applauded by World Bank Chief for using his music power and high celebrity status to bringing attention to serious and critical issues in Africa. Dbanj is the one who won music award in Monaco. Dbanj was the only Nigerian Artist to have performed at hackney weekend. Dbanj is the artist whose album was review on New York Time. Dbanj is the one who was interviewed on Giant American Station ABC News, BBC in London and You tube also in London. Dbanj is the one who gave a TEDx speech in Washington DC. Dbanj is the one who has single handedly brought American Super stars to Nigeria in his previous concerts. I don't even want to talk about Oliver Twist, the song has a Wikipedia check it and tell me again if those your friends will tell you they don't know who Dbanj is. Tuface and P square don’t even have that carriage to compete with Dbanj on this, they lack that charming class. Dbanj has collaborated with many African and American Super stars, he has used his status to meet with people all over the world. Asa is there and I recognize that. Mean while Dbanj still owe all these Success stories to Don Jazzy and vice versa.

When you put it like that, you have a point and I have to agree with you. However I never mentioned P-square. I said Asa and 2face.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by romzyxy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
tobimillar:
Kilokanmi

Nice signature. Our[b]choices[/b] really determines our[b]destiny[/b].
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by freshness2020: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
Toboye:
You've spoken well. How I wish they come back together.
Welcome to Nairaland!
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by iamboody(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
uzolexis:

When you put it like that, you have a point and I have to agree with you. However I never mentioned P-square. I said Asa and 2face.
Yah I know you did not mention P square am just using the medium to reach out to some other people who think P square should have won it. But don't you think P square are more recognized internationally than Tuface? I still think in the world wide they are above Tuface, but in Nigeria I can't say.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
romzyxy:

Nice signature.
Our[b]choices[/b] really determines our[b]destiny[/b].

Wait ooh... because nairlanders could be funny... Is there a mistake in the signature or its really nice? If its the latter, thanks and if its the former pls do correct me
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by uzolexis(f): 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
iamboody:

Yah I know you did not mention P square am just using the medium to reach out to some other people who think P square should have won it. But don't you think P square are more recognized internationally than Tuface? I still think in the world wide they are above Tuface, but in Nigeria I can't say.

Nah,i don't think P-square r more internationally recognised than 2face.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by romzyxy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
tobimillar:

Wait ooh... because nairlanders could be funny... Is there a mistake in the signature or its really nice? If its the latter, thanks and if its the former pls do correct me

if ur sig, was wrong I wudnt v qoute it to u. I did quote it because I understood n like it.
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
romzyxy:

if ur sig, was wrong I wudnt v qoute it to u. I did quote it because I understood n like it.

Thanks then bro....thanks
Re: D'banj Dedicates MAMA Award To Don Jazzy (Photo) by stankezzy: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
yorke1:
My real guy. I know you are mocking Don Jazzy because he is the one that lost at the end. Ride on Dbanj, more award to come.
mocking who?
somebody way don de beg ,Don J, for long cos him no say he no get any talent u say de mock who.
please no spoil tins for him oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cubana Chiefpriest Shows Off Interior Design Of His Luxurious Mansion / Khloe Becomes Lishashair Ambassador, Goes Braless To Announce It / Mercy Eke Twerks At A Strip Club With Swanky Jerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.