Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (15927 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by SamuelOjiulo: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Got any recorded songs?
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by obstead200(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
[size=14pt]
U need to follow ur dreams.

In fact I have a proposal for u. Can u arrange for someone to take over ur job? I will provide d person. He is willing to work and give u 40% of the salary he earns so dat u can support ur music career. The guy is very Gud. In fact I am sure he is better than u cud ever hope to be. But he is still jobless.
I will take 10% as management fee. It is a win-win situation for all[/size]

Inbox me if u are interested.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by drake99: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
tyconcepts:
How can you contemplate leaving certainty for uncertainty......??

Some musicians who has been in the scene for long now hasn't even blown even with a bomb tied to their chest.
many people have spent over 10 years in the music industry and nobody knew them before wizkid came and blew,things don't work that way,life is not first come first serve

@ op,its better to be @ the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than being ontop ladder you never wanted

If you didn't follow this music thing,if u like be dangote you'll always feel unfulfilled and depressed,follow your heart,even if you fail,you won't regret much

My cousin left football for school,he graduated and found a good job but he's always depressed when ever he see obinna nwaneri(former super eagle player) on tv because they were playing together @ school road league back then in aba

Guy follow your heart

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Cyriloha(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bro concentrate on your work or less you're ready to sell your souls where by doing the opposite and a unjust things ....think about it. ......God has blessed you so I don't know what else you need
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by KakiP(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
nothing stopping you, just work smart.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by iwatch: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
You don't know the value of what you have got until it is gone.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by inchristalone(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good to know dat u are in music too bt quitin ur good job 4 music isn't a good one 4 me since u can do d 2 at d same time.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Alexisu: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
My own advice is this.

Continue with your job, and see how you can pursue your dream side by side.
See how you can combine both.

I tell you this because I lost the job i was managing trying to get another one, where i was told that they would get back to me. Its almost two months now, nothing from the company, no job, no money anymore, and as a result have not eaten since morning, don't even know if I will today.

Although both cases are not similar, but I hope u will understand.

Am not trying to discourage u, but to advice to still keep that job while you venture into the music world, you can do that at your leisure time.
Don't leave that job @OP at least not now.

By the way, anybody that can help me get a job should please contact me on 08151784095.
Thanks.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by tyconcepts(f): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
drake99:
many people have spent over 10 years in the music industry and nobody knew them before wizkid came and blew,things don't work that way,life is not first come first serve

@ op,its better to be @ the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than being ontop ladder you never wanted

If you didn't follow this music thing,if u like be dangote you'll always feel unfulfilled and depressed,follow your heart,even if you fail,you won't regret much

My cousin left football for school,he graduated and found a good job but he's always depressed when ever he see obinna nwaneri(former super eagle player) on tv because they were playing together @ school road league back then in aba

Guy follow your heart

Its very cool to advise the bolded but let's be realistic here... He is in a well paid job and contemplating leaving for a "dream" that might be a mirage after all....We can champion the "follow your dreams" campaign all we want but I like reality than probability.

#My Opinion

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by tyconcepts(f): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
sholay2011:

Oh my. .. grin grin grin!

Na xo d matter be...U know he it is.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Iamoilprince(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
u can combine them bro. The music industry is quite challenging and requires alot of money. Except a record label signed you dont dare resign now!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!!

Okkk. Show us a sample track of yours. One of your hit track then we will give you best advice and support.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by isaco(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Pls don't leave ur job now, as an highlife artist myself, u can combine d two jobs. Get some tracks n promote them. Ppl response ll determine ur decision. Check my facebook signature.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ok ooooo. Combine the two professions till you're of your music nonsense.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by sukkot: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
buy a house first, then you can quit your job after that

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by glo3nity: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
I suggest you serve your work and music both but the priority be bestowed on your work.

Music is time consuming, time destructive and some times time wastage as it is money, power, and fame so until you have fully dip yourself deep enough to know it head and tale, out run it then you can tender your resignation letter but for the main time cling to your work so you won't experience any slam down and the later case will be I Thy know cus music can be very very anoying and disappointing.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by otiigba1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
If you quit your job i would advice that you will be the biggest IDI'OT i would ever have the displeasure of coming across, what happens if you could not make it in music and you end up broke? You know my dream is to travel to moon and live there but here i am in England seeping tea tongue plus i ve always dream to marry a Princess (sarcasm)

Its not every body must achieve their dreams
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Adultnextdoor(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
otunsman:
The op don see wizi,olamide and Co sign multimillion naira deal to be ambassadors with telecom firm,to sing come dey hungry am.You dey Jones.
.....i am not moved by their millions and thats because i also have it.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Adultnextdoor(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hizzy:
Op as an up_coming artist I wan give you better advice if you want to quit your job are sure you will succeed in the music industry Nigeria music is far different from European music I will advice you since you have money you can set up a good Record label and probably sign artist here on nairaland (which I will be number one) maybe Airforce1 and many others we all be shouting your name in all our songs and showing you in our videos like that you become more rich and famous that time you can decide to record your own song which people or music lovers will listen to you coz you are the boss of talented artist you can ask Don jazzy na so him take blow. In case you value my advice click to download my song on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041. Don't quite your job if you do what I said u will never regret it you can check my profile ok
.....I like your idea....At least i'd still be involved in music even if i'm not the one singing...........Will get to you soon!
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Flawlessangel(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
tyconcepts:

Some musicians who has been in the scene for long now hasn't even blown even with a bomb tied to their chest.

lolzz jesus christ...tyconcepts u don make me laugh pour food wey i dey chop , u must pay me back.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
waleyp:
Hey bro i feel what you feeling right now.. I love music as well as you do,but talking about you right now hmmm you can do music as a part time job and keep your job too.i know later that one will affect the other but as a starter in this music thing just do a single push the song and you must work with the right people.you still can keep your job till you gotten so deep in the music train..i write songs too but time will tell

Bro can I be your manager.i have links to peeps in the industry like vector,small doctor,jhybo,terry g,popito,solid star and more,top bloggers like naijaloaded,tooxclusive.
quote me back if am needed on your team.am based at lagos
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by tyconcepts(f): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Flawlessangel:

lolzz Jesus Christ...tyconcepts u don make me laugh pour food wey i dey chop , u must pay me back.

Lolzzzz

Buy another food and send me the bills....Am capable tongue
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by butanep(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
You better face reality... sometimes our heart dae lie big time... na so one guy quit bank job for teaching say teaching na him calling... Today his calling can't even give him 3 square meal...

This is not abroad ooo... we are in nigeria. anything you are doing that is making you live very fine is assumed to be your calling as far it is legal ...

If you quit your job and your music didn't pay... you will know what hardship is all about especially if you don't have sponsor...

You better face you job and showcase your music talent for your family

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Jmechanism(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chestar5:
follow your brain not your heart cos ur hrt can deceive u but ur brain cant
Pls explain o. B4 I comment o.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Imelda03: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
If you already have an established business fetching you extra cash .,then you can go ahead and resign. Cis truth is the street is could either be rough or smooth and if its rough, you won't regret you resigned all that as you still have your business running. All the best.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bros you go hungry o grin.Don't do it
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by overboard(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Guy, I feel pained and glad at the same time. Why? O dikwa risky these days to delve into music cause as far as I'm concerned, it can be likened to the capital intensive nature of the oil and gas industry, seriously.

Secondly, I would have said if you are really good, you will make it, ta!!! That was then, this is now.

There is also the higher chance of having a feeling of being really good beyond what is obtainable here; a general problem with diaspora returnees especially in the music industry and they usually always fall maga for charlatans in the industry as well. I can conveniently count ten (!) instances...

Like everything, you need to calculate your risks. Ensure you are even marketable and really good at what you do, passion may not be enough. Engage true A&R people to assess your artistry and advise accordingly before you take the plunge.

Learn how this our industry works from the right people; how to reach them is another deal but achievable.

Hmmm, you said you have "so much money", I'm unfazed not as a mark of disrespect but with the wrong direction, it will never be enough. Go ask those that blew about a billion naira on a music venture and there's nothing to show for it, true!

I don't even know where my Biochemistry certificate is at the moment; the call for music and media was too great but musically, it's a hard game especially these days. Not that one has not made inroads but they are far apart and that so called break in its real sense is yet to come, you know like blow. But the mix of music consultancy and media advertising has kept me afloat, thanks be to God.

Advice is free, but feel free to consult... (richgamutonline@yahoo.com)

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by jakearganaut: 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Adultnextdoor post=36037189]Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!![I see success as happiness and not money.. doing what u don't like is a form of indentured servitude. I work for a label in Nigeria amd In doing music in Nigeria, a lot come in play which I can't discuss here. U know how to reach me, am ready to help
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by jakearganaut: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
I see success as happiness and not money.. doing what u don't like is a form of indentured servitude. I work for a label in Nigeria amd In doing music in Nigeria, a lot come in play which I can't discuss here. U know how to reach me, am ready to help.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by cmespeak: 6:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
tyconcepts:

Ha ha ha, epic comment. Now back to u op, u have a passion for music so u wanna quit yr job, y not do a single with a known producer like sheyman,mastercraft,stars, selebobo, or even Don Jazzy and feautue a known artist like wiz-kid and push the track in the radio, do a video be seen let people feel u and know the reaction. At the end it is all about money and putting food on yr table if yr music aint putting food on yr table na u go regret o!
Pls go softly there is alway room for success at the top, guys like Illbliss were bankers b4 music but they thread softly infact doin music on weekends and feeling it in the club will make u know if u have a hit or not. Me self dey enta music small small cause i performed in school but i aint gonna quit my job like that i have to combine both first until one finally becomes priority.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
.....I like your idea....At least i'd still be involved in music even if i'm not the one singing...........Will get to you soon!
. Thanks and God bless you
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by tyconcepts(f): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
cmespeak:

Ha ha ha, epic comment. Now back to u op, u have a passion for music so u wanna quit yr job, y not do a single with a known producer like sheyman,mastercraft,stars, selebobo, or even Don Jazzy and feautue a known artist like wiz-kid and push the track in the radio, do a video be seen let people feel u and know the reaction. At the end it is all about money and putting food on yr table if yr music aint putting food on yr table na u go regret o!
Pls go softly there is alway room for success at the top, guys like Illbliss were bankers b4 music but they thread softly infact doin music on weekends and feeling it in the club will make u know if u have a hit or not. Me self dey enta music small small cause i performed in school but i aint gonna quit my job like that i have to combine both first until one finally becomes priority.

@ the bolded is exactly my point......

Worthy comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / 10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.