Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (15929 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by lebete3000: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Why won't he, when wizkid sings "20 man shall fall that day" and becomes a millionaire
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by ChynoBEATS: 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!!

Highlife grin

Lolz be serious please
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by waleyp(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Thanks for taking time to check in here..it would be nice to work with you tho.do you know what it feels like to know you can do things but to make the thing a reality is the BIG ISH? Bro kindly add me on 07065788175.we can talk from there.stay blessed
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by imustsaymymindo: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
musicwriter:

Do you want to make money or do you want to be happy?. This's the question you need to answer.

I was exactly in your shoes when I finally decided to start recording, I have a mini recording studio at home as I speak. Music is one thing I've been trying to do for long, but each time I just told myself there was no need, since by Nigerian standard I was already successful. But, nobody knew I wasn't happy cause I kept dreaming and thinking music. Singing is the only thing that make me happy and it's something I've always wanted to do professionally. At one point I even opened a recording studio, then closed it after a while, but the urge became worse as I saw myself dreaming being live on stage every night. I wrote about my experience on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2181343/how-nairaland-helped-me-decide

Finally, I'm recording my own songs!. And who told you you cannot do it part time?.

I'm not yet there, but I'm very happy now. Still I have just started. Brother, you cannot be happy until you do that which is in synch with your mind. Do not sacrifice your happiness for money, otherwise, on your dying bed you'll regret it to hell.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by imustsaymymindo: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
musicwriter:

Do you want to make money or do you want to be happy?. This's the question you need to answer.

I was exactly in your shoes when I finally decided to start recording, I have a mini recording studio at home as I speak. Music is one thing I've been trying to do for long, but each time I just told myself there was no need, since by Nigerian standard I was already successful. But, nobody knew I wasn't happy cause I kept dreaming and thinking music. Singing is the only thing that make me happy and it's something I've always wanted to do professionally. At one point I even opened a recording studio, then closed it after a while, but the urge became worse as I saw myself dreaming being live on stage every night. I wrote about my experience on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2181343/how-nairaland-helped-me-decide

Finally, I'm recording my own songs!. And who told you you cannot do it part time?.

I'm not yet there, but I'm very happy now. Still I have just
started. Brother, you cannot be happy until you do that which is in synch with your mind. Do not sacrifice your happiness for money, otherwise, on your dying bed you'll regret it to hell.
When I read your comments and thread just now. it was like you were just saying my life story. Most people that feel this way we feel are mostly songwriters who wants the message they convey in their songs to be heard by everyone. without this, we don't feel happy and fulfilled. But the good news is you can start your own music studio with the 100k you are using for a song. Well, i'm 21 and I would love to learn more from your experience so far. I've been dreaming, writing songs, producing and rapping at the age of 1if there is any platform we could talk more, I would appreciate. I share your pain!
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by chlowi(f): 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
fowowe411:
Bros, bros, bros how many times I call you? Na money dy push music o... No leave that comfort zone o..... because jungle rough die..... I don yarn my own o

I swear down! Real Talk!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Mrshroud: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

If you want to be assured of your financial security as you leave your Job for music , you'll have to do the following.

While still at your Job,

Record a hit song that will guarantee a once in a lifetime shoot to fame and musical relevance in the country.

From my observation, you have the money.

Now if you do a song that's not a top chart material, and you push it with all your resources and money, you will still fail.

For you to be launched into prominence, you do not need good songs, you need a great song , that will best the most played highlife song in the Country.
You said your genre is Highlife, you'll need a song that'll give Flavour , or any other highlife celebrity a run for his money.

You need a team of great minds, musically shrewd minds who can spot a hit song when they see one, and not studio sycohpants and praise singers who will praise every effort you make at the studio even the dumbest.

You need someone who can identify and help you understand what sells in Nigeria.
In asmuch as you want to acheive your dreams with your kind of music you want to be guaranteed of your financial security.

So at first you'll need a song that will make you the hottest artist in Nigeria at first, not necessarily the most original, but even both can be achieved depending on you. You need a song that will make you the artiste that has to be on every show, that earns the six figure pay per show.

And that, you can not achieve without due consultation of Musically objective minds.

A song Like 'woju' For instance , prior to woju, kiss daniel had only one song on the internet titled 'shoye', he worked with a not too competent producer and that song wasn't impressive.

He needed a song with the instrumental dexterity and commercially catchy nature of 'woju' and the right promotion and push to break the nigerian market.

He didn't need just a great producer, he needed a great producer to work with him like his life depended on it, he needed this producer to employ all his best to achieve the hit that woju has now become.

I've heard DJ coublon produce not too great other beats apart from 'woju' and 'laye' which is my case study.

Yes you have the money, you can hire the services of sarz, or legendary beats, or don Jazzy. But will they work for you like their everything depends on it ? Or will they produce something typical that will shine your name on blogs and magaZine while your deployed publicity budget lasts?

Those big producers are business men, and will offer you all the time that you can afford to pay for. But what you need

You need a team bro. You need a producer that will feel you. A producer that's not business driven a producer that's prolific yet thirsty and ambitious for fame and prominence.

And that is where the challenge lies.

If you can find that one producer , that can bring out the best, that can put on the table something new and different yet successful, something that even while been cooked up has began smelling successful already. then I can guarantee your musical and financial prosperity in the industry. And once your name becomes a household name due to that one song, then be rest assured that even if you sing thrash afterwards as long as its on a good beat , you'll still smile to the bank. That's the Nigerian Music market for you. Bro

Your status as an employed is even advantageous as you'll need all the resources you can muster to push your songs to the required heights before the song in return starts doing the financial talking for you.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Tunby(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Iamsynord:

1) Do you really have the interest. Do you really want to do music or is it because others are doing it.Do u really really love to do my music ?? Are you extremely happy and fulfilled when u do music??

2) Do you really have the Talent - Do u want to do music to just be famous or u just like music.Do you have that talent or have u undergone training in this line..Do u have wat it takes esp 4 d Nigeria Style of music

3) Do you have the assets - I think in your casethat is solved. since you have enough money to promote,get good production,shoot videos or even build your own studio and maybe later set up a record label.

if your answer is yes pls "take a Leave of probably 3 months from office" and Test run 2 songs .if d Response to the song by majority of mixed listeners is positive not minding if d songs blow or not, My brother " RESIGN'
Best advice so far
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
He should refer me to his old job.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by bayulll01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

Also a lover of music and highlife also all I can say is don't quit your job,since you are financially buoyancy I will advice you get your own studio,write your songs and record and ur leisure hour,music has time and if u can meet with the standard trending presently you will find it very difficult to cope,continue with your job,you can even buy instrument assemble people that will play for u while you sing,u can do this at ur leisure time,bross me I need a job oo,make I send my CV,am chemical engineering with experience in quality control
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Adultnextdoor(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
bayulll01:

Also a lover of music and highlife also all I can say is don't quit your job,since you are financially buoyancy I will advice you get your own studio,write your songs and record and ur leisure hour,music has time and if u can meet with the standard trending presently you will find it very difficult to cope,continue with your job,you can even buy instrument assemble people that will play for u while you sing,u can do this at ur leisure time,bross me I need a job oo,make I send my CV,am chemical engineering with experience in quality control
.....how many years of experience do have in chemical quality control?
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by missKiffy(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
fowowe411:
Bros, bros, bros how many times I call you? Na money dy push music o... No leave that comfort zone o..... because jungle rough die..... I don yarn my own o
Na true talk you yarn

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by missKiffy(f): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
tyconcepts:
How can you contemplate leaving certainty for uncertainty......??

Some musicians who has been in the scene for long now hasn't even blown even with a bomb tied to their chest.
Lol
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by missKiffy(f): 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

I have a feeling you should stick to your job, there are a lot of artists out there who have been upcoming for years and still never blow, am not saying that would also be your fate, but just stick to your job
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by lifenajeje(m): 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Mrshroud post=36095292]If you want to be assured of your financial security as you leave your Job for music , you'll have to do the following.

While still at your Job,

Record a hit song that will guarantee a once in a lifetime shoot to fame and musical relevance in the country.

Now if you do a song that's not a top chart material, and you push it with all your resources and money, you will still fail.

For you to be launched into prominence, you do not need good songs, you need a great song , that will best the most played highlife song in the Country.
You said your genre is Highlife, you'll need a song that'll give Flavour , or any other highlife celebrity a run for his money.

You need a team of great minds, musically shrewd minds who can spot a hit song when they see one, and not studio sycohpants and praise singers who will praise every effort you make at the studio even the dumbest.

You need someone who can identify and help you understand what sells in Nigeria.
In asmuch as you want to acheive your dreams with your kind of music you want to be guaranteed of your financial security.

So at first you'll need a song that will make you the hottest artist in Nigeria at first, not necessarily the most original, but even both can be achieved depending on you. You need a song that will make you the artiste that has to be on every show, that earns the six figure pay per show.

And that, you can not achieve without due consultation of Musically objective minds.

A song Like 'woju' For instance , prior to woju, kiss daniel had only one song on the internet titled 'shoye', he worked with a not too competent producer and that song wasn't impressive.

He needed a song with the instrumental dexterity and commercially catchy nature of 'woju' and the right promotion and push to break the nigerian market.

He didn't need just a great producer, he needed a great producer to work with him like his life depended on it, he needed this producer to employ all his best to achieve the hit that woju has now become.

I've heard DJ coublon produce not too great other beats apart from 'woju' and 'laye' which is my case study.

Yes you have the money, you can hire the services of sarz, or legendary beats, or don Jazzy. But will they work for you like their everything depends on it ? Or will they produce something typical that will shine your name on blogs and magaZine while your deployed publicity budget lasts?

Those big producers are business men, and will offer you all the time that you can afford to pay for. But what you need

You need a team bro. You need a producer that will feel you. A producer that's not business driven a producer that's prolific yet thirsty and ambitious for fame and prominence.

If you can find that one producer , that can bring out the best, that can put on the table something new and different yet successful, something that even while been cooked up has began smelling successful already. then I can guarantee your musical and financial prosperity in the industry. And once your name becomes a household name due to that one song, then be rest assured that even if you sing thrash afterwards as long as its on a good beat , you'll still smile to the bank. That's the Nigerian Music market for you. Bro

Your status as an employed is even advantageous as you'll need all the resources you can muster to push your songs to the required heights before the song in return starts doing the financial talking for you.[/quote)

he has said it all....... In addition to that you might have a good voice,stunning look,finance but you may not be destined for music. its a risk (like every business one have to take)...

don't resign ur work yet....you can hit the studio during your off days,,,get the song produced then promote it.....if its accepted better..
you can have ur independent label or get signed by a music label.

resign your job only when you get signed by another label and not your own outfit.

least I forget....before u hit the studio make sure u have three times the money production and promotion is gonna cost you cos if music does not work out you have savings to fall on and continue your job cos its a risky venture....

I can get u promotion in Lagos.i only know people in Lagos....radio tv and alaba
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by lifenajeje(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrshroud:
If you want to be assured of your financial security as you leave your Job for music , you'll have to do the following.

While still at your Job,

Your status as an employed is even advantageous as you'll need all the resources you can muster to push your songs to the required heights before the song in return starts doing the financial talking for you.[/quote)

he has said it all....... In addition to that you might have a good voice,stunning look,finance but you may not be destined for music. its a risk (like every business one have to take)...

don't resign ur work yet....you can hit the studio during your off days,,,get the song produced then promote it.....if its accepted better..
you can have ur independent label or get signed by a music label.

resign your job only when you get signed by another label and not your own outfit.

least I forget....before u hit the studio make sure u have three times the money production and promotion is gonna cost you cos if music does not work out you have savings to fall on and continue your job cos its a risky venture....

I can get u promotion in Lagos.i only know people in Lagos....radio tv and alaba[quote author=missKiffy post=36099003]
Lol
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Chestar5(f): 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Jmechanism:

Pls explain o. B4 I comment o.

Your heart tells u what u want to hear, your brain tells u the truth about urself.... Your heart can easily falter but ur brain is always alert...... In conclusion, in situation like this it is better to choose what will help u suceed than what u just want to do.... Success is the reward of wise brains not hearts.....
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by RealEstate35: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by udeh3(m): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2015
Being a chemical scientist is professional... but you love singing is a talent coupled with your passion. Most times, they can be combined but your profession comes first while your passion for singing can be a part time stuf. You even need a steady source of income to run your music career successfully

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by mojeed4(m): 7:30am On Jul 21, 2015
post=36082802:
All of una before me dey craze. Una no sabi advice una think say na abroad we dey here or una think say this na fairytale wey una dey talk say follow ur dreams.

Now lemme advice you d africa style.

Bros wey wan leave him job for music u dey craze u no how many jobless musicians they lagos wey dey find ur job.
Nothing like follow ur dreams for real life. Leave dream for dream land na who see were sleep well dey dream o.

But if u still say u wan leave d job sha. Abeg tell me d company I get person wey go like replace u, him don dey find work since

Now I don talk. Who get ear make e hear abi who get eye make e read

Gbam! Said it all...

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by mojeed4(m): 7:35am On Jul 21, 2015
Iamsynord:

1) Do you really have the interest. Do you really want to do music or is it because others are doing it.Do u really really love to do my music ?? Are you extremely happy and fulfilled when u do music??

2) Do you really have the Talent - Do u want to do music to just be famous or u just like music.Do you have that talent or have u undergone training in this line..Do u have wat it takes esp 4 d Nigeria Style of music

3) Do you have the assets - I think in your casethat is solved. since you have enough money to promote,get good production,shoot videos or even build your own studio and maybe later set up a record label.

if your answer is yes pls "take a Leave of probably 3 months from office" and Test run 2 songs .if d Response to the song by majority of mixed listeners is positive not minding if d songs blow or not, My brother " RESIGN'

Bullshit! All those question wey you talk say make e dey ask himself na rubbish first...
If e take 3 months leave and does one or two songs finally, you can be sure people will encourage him that its cool... Trust me!... Cos I've seen some even on Nairaland here, where some people upload shits and you keep on encouraging them... Continue with your life bro and leave your dreams in the dreamland as said before, and if you feel you wanna indulge in music, how about you sponsor some young dudes and see how dey fair...
Sign out....
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by bayulll01(m): 7:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
.....how many years of experience do have in chemical quality control?

Bros 2yrs
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by emjoelove(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
[quote author=lifenajeje post=36099896][/quote] thanks bro. I need a good producer not already made
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
.....I like your idea....At least i'd still be involved in music even if i'm not the one singing...........Will get to you soon!
download it here the other is not correct because of dat full stop http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by waleyp(m): 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hey wad up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / 10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes / I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.