Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (15922 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by InvertedHammer: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
/
Whoever is sitting on your destiny in the village is very strong grin grin grin

Don't let them win.

Put out some stuff, if the crowd receives it well...and you are at the point that you can survive on it, then you quit.

Until then, keep "scientisting"

\

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
If you believe that you will make it through music that's good but make sure you have money for production and promotions coz it's not easy as you may imagine it. OK click to download my music produced by a nairalander fast rising producer who have worked with Kennies music and face off entertainment and I featured another nairalander and am also a nairalander on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by InvisibleGhost: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Panshow:
Make no mistake Bro. Remember, if you want to go into music, you'll have to start it afresh.

If talented, all he has to do is follow the trend or magically change the trend...
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by quickly: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!!

Have u not heard of the word HOBBY b4. Experience they say is the best teacher the problem is your family will look at u as a complete fool for leaving a petrochemical job to be a musician some go even think say na remote control jazz

At the end of the day life is short u cannever know until you try. But the thing is ooprtunity is a bastard

Better to do it when ur still young andd them make mistake and bounce back -no gra gra
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by effrebor(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
post=36082802:
All of una before me dey craze. Una no sabi advice una think say na abroad we dey here or una think say this na fairytale wey una dey talk say follow ur dreams.

Now lemme advice you d africa style.

Bros wey wan leave him job for music u dey craze u no how many jobless musicians they lagos wey dey find ur job.
Nothing like follow ur dreams for real life. Leave dream for dream land na who see were sleep well dey dream o.

But if u still say u wan leave d job sha. Abeg tell me d company I get person wey go like replace u, him don dey find work since

Now I don talk. Who get ear make e hear abi who get eye make e read

Your head dey dere

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by marshalcarter: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
See dis weyrey sha

Op...1st of all tink..wat kind of music will you produce/sing dat'll sell lyk hell
Whr will you meet a gud producer(not all dis rankam oo)beta 1 dat will gve you beta beat

Cum oooo.....you dey mad?
Dem don remember you village...I swear...you leave petro-chemical course to go for song...music?

Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeem
Ebola do you for brain..I swear

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by pretydiva(f): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

bros u fit link me up 4 dis ya company. I really do need a job,even tho na secretary job sef..i go do am smiley..tnx in advance

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by marshalcarter: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
post=36082802:
All of una before me dey craze. Una no sabi advice una think say na abroad we dey here or una think say this na fairytale wey una dey talk say follow ur dreams.

Bros wey wan leave him job for music u dey craze u no how many jobless musicians they lagos wey dey find ur job.
Nothing like follow ur dreams for real life. Leave dream for dream land na who see were sleep well dey dream o.

But if u still say u wan leave d job sha. Abeg tell me d company I get person wey go like replace u, him don dey find work since

900 gbosa for you

Abeg OP..buy 11carton of origin for dis guygrin

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by ditossyn(m): 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ don't need to be advised jare..................Una way get job won resign. Watin we way no get job make we do? .abeg resign but won't mind replacing you in that company.......send me ur email make I forward my credentials to you.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by wiringdpt(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Better keep your job
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by DeWisedon(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
oga,you no need advice,na prayer and deliverance you need.because e be lik say d witches for ur village don mention your name for dia meeting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by hadura29(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
fowowe411:
Bros, bros, bros how many times I call you? Na money dy push music o... No leave that comfort zone o..... because jungle rough die..... I don yarn my own o

I enjoy your intro "bros bros bros" Lols...
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by biikeys(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
You can always start with the two at the same time until you're able to establish yourself in Music. There is the business side of music which is even bigger than the music itself. Take time and learn these stuffs while you're still working. Attend training/seminars and really equip yourself if you're going full-time.
You will know when you are ready to quit your day job!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by sholay2011(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
tyconcepts:
How can you contemplate leaving certainty for uncertainty......??

Some musicians who has been in the scene for long now hasn't even blown even with a bomb tied to their chest.
Oh my. .. grin grin grin!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by sholay2011(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
DeWisedon:
oga,you no need advice,na prayer and deliverance you need.because e be lik say d witches for ur village don mention your name for dia meeting
Haba...you dey vex o. grin grin

Easy on the op naa.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by DeWisedon(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
ditossyn:
Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ don't need to be advised jare..................Una way get job won resign. Watin we way no get job make we do? .abeg resign but won't mind replacing you in that company.......send me ur email make I forward my credentials to you.
i tink say na my condition no good b4 but ur own don dey critical

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by ransomed: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
You have made millions please resign now and let another Nairalander who is jobless to "chop" don't forget to drop the company's e mail for guys to upload CV sharperly.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by MrDoGood(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

Follow your heart.
Try and listen to the music of FAME titled follow your heart.
He featured terry da rapman and erigga.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Akanaz(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Guy! I will urge u to continue with ur present job since u r an expert there and besides u r earning big and living comfortably. Guy ur present job has already get u what music is going to get u except fame. And if u still want to go into music beliving u have passion for it u can do music in ur leisure time.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by RapLawd1: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
InvisibleGhost:
Music doesn't need one to quit any job that one is doing, all you have to do is to make Sure that you create time maybe, to write, rehearse or memorize the saying Song without interference to your job or work, besides, you said It's high life stuff you're into, Which to my knowledge do not require much time and dedication to it like other genre of music...

My advice is that you stick to your job while you dive into music, the industry is large and there's no guarantee that you'll make it big even with you're money or people like Jim Iyk for don blow...

And how genuine is your talent?

This is mine... cheesy sad sad

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by naijainfogalery: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
bro to tell you the truth dont quit your job yet, if you are good just do one or two tracks and start little by performing at local events during the weekends like wedding and burial etc, start as part time , if you are really really good , it will get to point where your job wouldnt allow you meet most of youe clients needs then you can quit
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op as an up_coming artist I wan give you better advice if you want to quit your job are sure you will succeed in the music industry Nigeria music is far different from European music I will advice you since you have money you can set up a good Record label and probably sign artist here on nairaland (which I will be number one) maybe Airforce1 and many others we all be shouting your name in all our songs and showing you in our videos like that you become more rich and famous that time you can decide to record your own song which people or music lovers will listen to you coz you are the boss of talented artist you can ask Don jazzy na so him take blow. In case you value my advice click to download my song on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041. Don't quite your job if you do what I said u will never regret it you can check my profile ok
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by iamsoja(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mid-life crises. undecided

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by IamforGod: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
My Only advice!

U NOR. GET SENSE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by musicwriter(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

Do you want to make money or do you want to be happy?. This's the question you need to answer.

I was exactly in your shoes when I finally decided to start recording, I have a mini recording studio at home as I speak. Music is one thing I've been trying to do for long, but each time I just told myself there was no need, since by Nigerian standard I was already successful. But, nobody knew I wasn't happy cause I kept dreaming and thinking music. Singing is the only thing that make me happy and it's something I've always wanted to do professionally. At one point I even opened a recording studio, then closed it after a while, but the urge became worse as I saw myself dreaming being live on stage every night. I wrote about my experience on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2181343/how-nairaland-helped-me-decide

Finally, I'm recording my own songs!. And who told you you cannot do it part time?.

I'm not yet there, but I'm very happy now. Still I have just started. Brother, you cannot be happy until you do that which is in synch with your mind. Do not sacrifice your happiness for money, otherwise, on your dying bed you'll regret it to hell.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by cityAdventures: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
post=36082802:

lol..this guy is a clown,,,u funny die

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by cityAdventures: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
kingkoboko:
My broda make King kObOkO advice u. I'm an artiste manager.

1) Take a leave from work. Maybe 1month.
2) Go &meet any good producer who's excellent in highlife production.
3) Promote ur song on notjustok.com, lindaikeji's blog or even here on nairaland. Take note of people's comments.
4) Promote ur song on radio in Lagos, Enugu & PH.
5) Dont b in a rush 2shoot any music video.
6) Contact me on kingkoboko.com 2review ur song
7) Do ur 2nd song
cool Do ur 3rd song
9) Resume work afta ur work leave is over
10) B patient for 3months. It's at dis point u'll know if u shud continue wit music.

Best advice here...am sure u just saved someone from committing suicide 3years from now

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by OkoyeA1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ask airforce1 or if u want to be jobless ask Introvert

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by ocheejemb: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

Its great that you want to follow your dreams, but start small. Try to put feelers out there to see if its worth quitting your day job - record a single and do some gigs first.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by BigBen10: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

OP don't you believe in having the best of both worlds?

I believe in such philosophy and it has worked for me so far. You can jeep your job while using your evenings and weekends to work on your music career. It is going to be tough but its doable. at least until you can sustain yourself with your music career.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

I think they have started pursuing you from your village. Ewu mme! angry

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Tiffarah(f): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
post=36082802:

Correct advice... Some are shouting follow your dreams. follow your dreams nor dey work for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service / 4 Signs You Are Going To Be Fired And How To Fix Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.