Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (15930 Views)

Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by justi4jesu(f): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
@Op hmmm berra think twice grin grin
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by matinodgr8: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

pls you can share if you've got any advice....bless!!

Bros u need prayer n fasting for d ryt decision.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by IYANGBALI: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
That is against rule no 5 on nairaland the guy should be banned
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by HirstMOG(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
If that is your calling it a good one but if it is cos of what you watch on TV that is pushing you, then you need a rethink ooooo!!!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by freeage7(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
The story is not true.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Csami(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Abeg make him quit make job dey
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by kingkoboko: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
My broda make King kObOkO advice u. I'm an artiste manager.

1) Take a leave from work. Maybe 1month.
2) Go &meet any good producer who's excellent in highlife production.
3) Promote ur song on notjustok.com, lindaikeji's blog or even here on nairaland. Take note of people's comments.
4) Promote ur song on radio in Lagos, Enugu & PH.
5) Dont b in a rush 2shoot any music video.
6) Contact me on kingkoboko.com 2review ur song
7) Do ur 2nd song
cool Do ur 3rd song
9) Resume work afta ur work leave is over
10) B patient for 3months. It's at dis point u'll know if u shud continue wit music.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
what if you no come blow?you lost two bird with one stone.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Holaboi(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Follow your dreams
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by EMMYB0Y(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
quite... but please give me the address of the company... let me come and replace you. ..
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Godwinfrank1: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hey dude, pls kip ur job oooo, jungle is not smiling unless u go wash ur head with kanko for odo abeokuta ... Ya quit ya full bck totally
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by BankoleCruise(m): 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
Oga, i knw of millions of chemical scientist who do their job and sing at the same time!!

A word is enough for the wise...
see exaggeration. Dia ris God o
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by abysirius(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

it's true that i get paid very big for working as a chemical scientist and i've always been an expert in science-related courses but music has always been the dream for me right from childhood, i've always wanted to be an Highlife singer......

At this point in my life as a youngman, i have so much money due to the fact that i worked for a prestigeous petro-chemical company in italy for two years before moving down to Nigeria.

I currently work for a petroleum company as the Asst. Supervisor of the production department and Supervisor of the quality control section, this September will make it my second year of serving this company........

Now with this little achievement, i still get the strong urge to follow my music career.....to be sincere, it is the main reason i relocated back to Nigeria,This September, i will be resigning and i want to know if i'm making the right decision.....

If it's ur decision, I'm sure u've weighed ur options before deciding to do that. Everything about life is risk. The most importnt thing is to be sure u're ready for the challenge tht may come ur way as a result of your choice.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by MrDojo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op IMO u r playin wit fire....u ave a well payin job......bt u wnt to leave it and go into music....if it was hip hop or R n B I for hear....bt Na highlife u wan enter......bros dis is 2015 oh....I can't rem wen I lasted heard anytin highlife related...... Best option move closer to yur God...he will tell u w@ u shuld do....

Bt common sense will tell u its d witches in yur village d@ is doin u......

Highlife cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Swiftboy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adultnextdoor:
Happy sunday.....

Welcome on board...truth is if you're truely passionate about music like yours truelly you'll follow your heart. However,since making money is important,you'll need to make do with some investments that will grind funds for you but not time consuming to take you away from your focuss. Goodluck to you. See you at the top. grin
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by richardjemedafe1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
BankoleCruise:
see exaggeration. Dia ris God o
i never exaggerated.that is a fact
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Lexusgs430: 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
After seeing the likes of Wizkid, Davido, Airforce1, popping champagne, vehicles display etc etc etc

I don't blame you!!! If your heart wants it, take the gamble. Afterall DrSid is a proper dentist, Falz the badtguy is also a Barrister, Neato C claims to be the only DJ with Msc (he studied petroleum engineering or so) DJ Xclusive also spent good money on education, and see what the ended up doing etc etc etc

NB : Although Timaya, was only a plantain seller. And see how he also ended up!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by BankoleCruise(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
You love music and you want to quit your paying job? Do ur job and invest in ur music career . Owo lo'fin do something o
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by hustler86(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
U sure say u sabi sing? , coz all d wack artists 4 9ja will tell u dt music is thr dream as well, except few of them that truly music is thr dream. If u so sure u can do music better than ur present job kontinu ,if nt chai, chai, chai.. Ur album will only serve as present to ur guests. grin

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by richardjemedafe1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
MrDojo:
Op IMO u r playin wit fire....u ave a well payin job......bt u wnt to leave it and go into music....if it was hip hop or R n B I for hear....bt Na highlife u wan enter......bros dis is 2015 oh....I can't rem wen I lasted heard anytin highlife related...... Best option move closer to yur God...he will tell u w@ u shuld do....

Bt common sense will tell u its d witches in yur village d@ is doin u......

Highlife cheesy
lols u ar funny..u just spoke my mind
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by nice101(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
He should now at least another unemployed youth will be able to replace him.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Panshow(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Make no mistake Bro. Remember, if you want to go into music, you'll have to start it afresh.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
u beder hink well so u wount regret
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
The op don see wizi,olamide and Co sign multimillion naira deal to be ambassadors with telecom firm,to sing come dey hungry am.You dey Jones.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by MrDojo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
lols u ar funny..u just spoke my mind

Abi Oooo boss.....jst imagine.....well different strokes for different folks

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by BankoleCruise(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
i never exaggerated.that is a fact
you know millions of chemist doing music. MILLIONS? You be Google
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by okwudiliemma: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Comments ar alwayz more interesting than the original post and d originator,still scrolling with my origin infested fingers.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by richardjemedafe1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
BankoleCruise:
you know millions of chemist doing music. MILLIONS? You be Google
lols
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
plan your strategy well.
Re: He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! by InvisibleGhost: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Music doesn't need one to quit any job that one is doing, all you have to do is to make Sure that you create time maybe, to write, rehearse or memorize the saying Song without interference to your job or work, besides, you said It's high life stuff you're into, Which to my knowledge do not require much time and dedication to it like other genre of music...

My advice is that you stick to your job while you dive into music, the industry is large and there's no guarantee that you'll make it big even with you're money or people like Jim Iyk for don blow...

And how genuine is your talent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / 10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes / I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.