Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement (43533 Views)

Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? / Dear Nigerians , Have You Heard Of Nigerian Religious Movement Godiansim/Chiism? / The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by SAMBATLAN(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
ok
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Idrismusty97(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nigeria doesn't need any more brainwashing.
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Nigeria doesn't need any more brainwashing.

Brainwashing ke
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
May God deliver these pple from total ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by jasysandra(f): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
This is one religion I almost joined...
Op thank you for this post.

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
Olufemiolaolu:
May God deliver these pple from total ignorance.

Ignorance? From what? They could say same about you and your religion as well.

Igbes are one of the most enlightened and tolerant people I know. An Igbe man would never call another person ignorant!

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by YourMajesty(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
It was also practice in Uvwie LGA (ekpan and effurun precisely), i dated one of their girls back then, Lol, was scared of her tho.

Also then, the IGBIMERE (ladies dancing with their bare breast) it was a joy to watch dem. grin
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2016
jasysandra:
This is one religion I almost joined...
Op thank you for this post.

You wouldn't have regretted it except, of course, you are not an Urhobo person as their liturgy is yet to be translated! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by jasysandra(f): 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
That was actually my reason for not joining.
fratermathy:

You wouldn't have regretted it except, of course, you are not an Urhobo person as their liturgy is yet to be translated! cheesy
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by olanshile2016(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
issorait,igbe abi
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by millhouse: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Demmzy15:
'Igbe' in yoruba means sh't grin
Alright noted
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Onegai(f): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Nice one, OP.

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by GWMI(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
I am a complete Urhobo Man but i will confess that religion(Igbe) is now the gathering of witches and wizards.They believe in charms killing innoncent people and they are very diabolic.That religion is just the worst.Christianity is THUMB UP.Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by bezimo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Chief Marty..
It really pains me that this religion is not being propagated by it's followers. The Urhobos and Isokos should be proud of this...

THANK you for this expository work... I Hope more comes up...

I am of the Isoko tribe of Delta State and I, my family and many Isoko sons and daughters reject this backward stuff. Jesus Christ is the true God and died for all of us to be saved and redeemed. We choose to be liberated to follow christianity of the Bible not some pagan idolatory religion.

Many people might not know that part of the major problems of Africa is its foundation. Our fore fathers were neck deep into idolatory.God had stated he would visit the sin of Idolatory to children childrens even till the 4th generation.A generation is 100 years, so do the maths

To show you how true this is.If you look at Europe, it was founded on great spiritual revivival, the prosperity of europe was built on a great spiritual awakening. Check the early inventors from europe most where christians, same thing with America they have a christian foundation. So they dont struggle to achieve feats, no evil foundation of their fathers house is fighting them. If you look at the Native American tribes of the US and Canada who are also called red indians.They are neck deep into idolatory. They worship fire, the earth and other terrestrial stuff.
If you look at their lives, you cannot but pity them because of their poverty and backwardness.They go about begging in the city from even immigrants for survival.You can imagine how bad their situation is.
Idolatory has a positive correlation with backwardness.

7 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by YourMajesty(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
jasysandra:
That was actually my reason for not joining.
Sorry to ask, what do u love about them?

Well, i love to watch dem dance, i love their songs, they are very nice and also the young ladies among them. wink
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
This religion was ripe in Nteje, Anambra state during my childhood. I even thought it was the brain child of Nteje.

Now only few women practice it and it is regarded as fetish and idol worship. (It is)

Word for those saying Africans left their tradition for a white man's religion, please I want you to understand that Christianity is never a white man's religion. Christianity is a true continuation of Jewish religion which is the religion thought by God himself. It should be rightly called the "earth religion".

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by charlsecy(m): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
@fratermathy,
You quoted a whole post just for this line, "Another post on Igbe in which I was sourced for information?"
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
You just sounded like my father. we are urhobos too and I must confess the igbes are just backward people. They sometimes enter houses or any where backing the door. weird!!
GWMI:
I am a complete Urhobo Man but i will confess that religion(Igbe) is now the gathering of witches and wizards.They believe in charms killing innoncent people and they are very diabolic. That religion is just the worst.Christianity is THUMB UP.Thanks.
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by visijo(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
say no to idol worshipping....
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2016
For you Fratermathy, as a philosopher and a historian, you should read the book "Mankind's Search for God" ~ published by Jehovah's Witnesses

You can request it from a JW near you.

2 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by noblegrex: 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
Iroro or Hero. What's the nature of their rituals. What are they using for the rituals.
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by glossy6(f): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
My late landlord was an adherent yet his 3 wives and 20 kids killed him through witchcraft undecided

if I say "mani mani ugbowo oho"
You chant "ugbowo oho "

mani mani ugbowo oho
ugbowo oho

igbe wa do
igbe wa do

I used to look at them with one kind eye
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
bezimo:

I am of the Isoko tribe of Delta State and I, my family and many Isoko sons and daughters reject this backward stuff. Jesus Christ is the true God and died for all of us to be saved and redeemed. We choose to be liberated to follow christianity of the Bible not some pagan idolatory religion.

Many people might not know that part of the major problems of Africa is its foundation. Our fore fathers were neck deep into idolatory.God had stated he would visit the sin of Idolatory to children childrens even till the 4th generation.A generation is 100 years, so do the maths

To show you how true this is.If you look at Europe, it was founded on great spiritual revivival, the prosperity of europe was built on a great spiritual awakening. Check the early inventors from europe most where christians, same thing with America they have a christian foundation. So they dont struggle to achieve feats, no evil foundation of their fathers house is fighting them. If you look at the Native American tribes of the US and Canada who are also called red indians.They are neck deep into idolatory. They worship fire, the earth and other terrestrial stuff.
If you look at their lives, you cannot but pity them because of their poverty and backwardness.They go about begging in the city from even immigrants for survival.You can imagine how bad their situation is.
Idolatory has a positive correlation with backwardness.
GWMI:
I am a complete Urhobo Man but i will confess that religion(Igbe) is now the gathering of witches and wizards.They believe in charms killing innoncent people and they are very diabolic.That religion is just the worst.Christianity is THUMB UP.Thanks.

The real ORIGINAL IGBE UBIESHA with headquarters in KOKORO INLAND does not engage in idolatry. They worship a universal God like every other religion and their tenets are based on purity and love above all else. The name of the God of their conception is "Oweya" just like "Oghene", "Osanubua", "Olorun", etc.

There are many splinter Igbe based groups out there that have become diluted with idolatrous practises. We now have Igbe Ame- Igbe Uku, Igbe Akpokiniovo, etc and these groups have their own systems of thought.

This article documents the ONLY TRUE ONE IGBE RELIGION from KOKORI!!!

Let us remove this colonial vestige that our cultural practices are barbaric!!!

Igbe people wont say these things Christians say about them. It makes me wonder who is actually practising LOVE and TOLERANCE!!! Hmmm.

3 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2016
'Sh!t Religion'!
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
AgricSalt:
For you Fratermathy, as a philosopher and a historian, you should read the book "Mankind's Search for God" ~ published by Jehovah's Witnesses

You can request it from a JW near you.

I've read this book over and over ahead. It's exciting as it presents a broad spectrum of religions.

By the way, I hope you are not recommending it to me to read because you think I am an Igbe member! Well, I am not a member but I have no prejudice towards their members. I respect them and I am fascinated with their practices as they represent a part of my culture which I am interested in.

1 Like

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2016
AgricSalt:
This religion was ripe in Nteje, Anambra state during my childhood. I even thought it was the brain child of Nteje.

Now only few women practice it and it is regarded as fetish and idol worship. (It is)

Word for those saying Africans left their tradition for a white man's religion, please I want you to understand that Christianity is never a white man's religion. Christianity is a true continuation of Jewish religion which is the religion thought by God himself. It should be rightly called the "earth religion".

There is no true "earth religion" and even if there was, Christianity or Judaism has no right to it. We'd be looking at the early ancestral cults and animistic religions of Greek, Rome and Egypt. These religions, including Zoroastrianism, predate Christianity and Judaism by far!

3 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fireforfire: 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
Who dem epp oo
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by fratermathy(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
Omudia:
You just sounded like my father. we are urhobos too and I must confess the igbes are just backward people. They sometimes enter houses or any where backing the door. weird!!

Igbe Ubiesha, the one original Igbe religion, does not engage in what you have just written, my friend!
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Am a Religious student and I find this post intriguing would like to know more about it and wonder where I can source for data if I want to conduct a research..
Thanks for your anticipated reply OP

2 Likes

Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Igbe Ubiesha, the one original Igbe religion, does not engage in what you have just written, my friend!

Wow,
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
YourMajesty:
It was also practice in Uvwie LGA (ekpan and effurun precisely), i dated one of their girls back then, Lol, was scared of her tho.

Also then, the IGBIMERE (ladies dancing with their bare breast) it was a joy to watch dem. grin

Wow, cool
Re: The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
Religious arguments don't result to peace but more Tensions and Confusion, just have respect for people's beliefs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From The Hands Of Bandits On My Way To Abuja / Throwback Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife, Faith / Mbaka Mobilises Support For Buhari’s Reelection Despite Catholic Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.