Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? (8056 Views)

The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria / Http://nahere.com A New Social Network For Developers In Nigeria / Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2009
IMHO i'd say the list needs to be organized using the criteria, which developer (or programmer or fly-by-night copy-paster) has made the most money of non-hardware IT projects.

Because I got to meet one IT guy (Software, webmaster/designer/developer/architect) when i offered some insight and pitched a solution i was working on that was way beyond what he had, he simply stopped me in my tracks by saying he has had international experience and from that he knows that I think i think i am good but when he shows me what he has done, i'd be humbled. he gave me a glimpse and I almost puked at his hottest selling VB6 Investment Software, believe me, it goes against every best practice you can pull out of the book when it comes to development/design.

and yet, this guy rakes in nothing less than 3 million in retainership fees from different stockbrokers in Lagos alone. my heart literally refused to waste its time pumping blood to my brains since i could not pull that amount in yearly on selling my work. and I am far better than him when it comes to the nuts and bolts, so what is the problem here.

He still makes more money than i do selling utimo crap. and still the money keeps coming and clients keep complaining but say he is the best there is for now.

So if you are on that list, you had better be making more money than this guy (who i refuse to mention cos i am sure some of his staff are on nairaland)

grin
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 02, 2009
I have had similar experiences too. . . so all this, i am better than you, i have done this and that. . . does not really count at all, it is making the bucks that really matter. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by candylips(m): 10:37am On Apr 02, 2009
Can we step back a little and look at software development as a whole and not just website development.

Who are those developing software from the ground up in the country.
What biz problem do these software solve? How robust is the software? How effective is there release and maintanance cycles? What kind of project management methodology are they adopting to ensure effective software delivery? etc . . .

It is the people behind things like these that we should be celebrating
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
website coding can be complex too, cos i have worked on standalone softwares and most times, i find it less challenging compared to web apps

you just write classes and methods with little or no logic, very boring same set of procedures.
apart from web application programming, you get to decide how the site will look and how beautiful u can make the site is just endless.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by quadrillio(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2009
in no particular other,and based on the WEBMASTER section I name:

- yawa-ti-de
- DHTML
- nitation
- webdezzi
- Seun osewa (I know him in person, though he doesn't know me)
- kobojunkies
- diltony
- abidemi
- my2cents
- dani1luv
- and my humble self quadrillio

if u have any comment on this list please voice out !!!
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
i think u named 2 ppl twice
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 04, 2009
hey dezzi, that was supposed to be my line. . . how dare you say it before me? lol

So quadrillo only mentioned 7 ppl in total. . .

Erhm, out of curiosity, quadrillo why did you nominate diltony?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by aje49ja(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2009
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh good nominations they 4 this section oh abeg make i joine
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by SamMilla1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2009
@nitation,

Why do u have to include your username on every post you make here?

angry

Whats the need?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2009
Errm, i use to think it was part of his signature, until you mentioned it now. Aaaand yes,
it really is except that this one is automanual. . .but i lyke it sha, maybe i will adopt one
myself too one of these days

- nitation DHTML
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2009
thats how it's done in SA,  grin

really, am addicted to it, u dont have to move ur eyelid to the left to know who posted it, but it that not what the profile signature is meant for?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nanijoe(m): 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
The guys at startupsnigeria.com need to be commended for making that list, since it seems to be drawing all types of Nigerian developers out of the woodwork
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by nitation(m): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2009
From Sam Milla -> all involved

Why have we suddenly decided to move from the topic to "NITATION'S writing his username on every post". I thought DHTML was supposed to correct every off-pointers?? Wetin come happen!

- nitation
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2009
nitation:

From Sam Milla -> all involved

Why have we suddenly decided to move from the topic to "NITATION'S writing his username on every post". I thought DHTML was supposed to correct every off-pointers?? Wetin come happen!

- nitation

Happens. . .everything, besides you are one of my nominees for best developer - so you are an important nominee on this thread as it is. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2009
i should be on that list, do messaging applications count cos i have a client making a whooper from my sms-based application
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2009
I have not really seem your work though, but of course you can nominate yourself, afterall i did nominated myself twice already. . .
the audience will decide if you deserve to be there or not. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by kazey(m): 12:27am On Apr 09, 2009
Weew this discussion is still on, so did you guys finalise on who are the top 100 best developers yet?
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2009
i think kazey and lagerwhenindoubt should be on my list
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by quadrillio(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2009
sorry for my error, I mark poeple by there contributions, so don't blame me if I  have a JEW on my list  grin
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2009
Nothing do you jare quadrillo, just that you nominated me twice - mistakenly i suppose. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by soloqy: 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2009
Does it mean that if someone gets a forum like smf or vbulletin or chipmunk and just add the topics(without even changing any functionality), he/she becomes one of the top 100 developers?

Am curious. The gurus in the house please enlighten me
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2009
Well. . . .let the gurus in the house say there own. . .by the way, you can please forward your own list of nominees here. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by BWEMA: 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2009
The developer of this site should be on the list.

http://www.properties.adten.net
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2009
I remembered adding him to the list, if you are sure, then take a second look at my nominees list.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Tiger007: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2009
its funny how nigerians run their mouth !! How will DHTML nominate people, the list here is all about names, nothing else, all the people in the list are just empty vessels,

How will people be nominated without a worth-looking-at portfolio?

There are millions of web developers/designers out there, unnoticed for their hard work, u sit there and nominate template users, under-achieving students, nairaland freaks, , hmmmm, lets say less !! 

@DHTML, i just visited your website, and i was shocked ! Untidy codes, fixed until u get a W3C pass, you funny you know?
You guys should get a break, you still have a long long long way to go !

Visit  the CEOs of this wonderful fast growing companies for lectures

Antigravity: http://www.antigravityinc.com/
        Gobbleabba: http://www.gobbleabba.com/
        Tobbbie: http://www.tobbbie.com/v2/?p=226
2Digits : http://2digitsweb.com/
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by candylips(m): 9:24am On Apr 17, 2009
That Tobbie guy definately has some very good graphic design skills.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2009
@tiger: Interesting, calling oop valid some untidy codes how naive, it seems you cannot read my codes. . .and you call yourself an expert eh?
So you can design good graphics [clap for yourself], but can you cant obviously read my codes, as you have indirectly just said, sorry o.

And did i just hear you say that my website is not w3c valid [or you did not check out of your ignorance or blindness, please [url=http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.mwebng.net/;accept=text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml%2Bxml,text/html;q%3D0.9,text/plain;q%3D0.8,image/png,*/*;q%3D0.5;accept-language=en-US,en;accept-charset=ISO-8859-1,*,utf-8]click here[/url] so your eyes will open?]

And lastly, it seems you are the empty vessel thunder fire your head, oloshi, i have not seen any positive contributions from you yet in this forum!

Buuuuut, i must admit you are correct about something, i still have a long way to go 'cos i am still a newbie. . .how many websites did you see
on my portfolio? maybe 3 or 4. . .
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by OmniPotens(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2009
Even as you do this nomination, no vulgar words are allowed please. Just nominate without insulting others.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by ztyle(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
Abeg tell them, fear no let me nominate! undecided
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sorry about that omnipotens, not my style, but the guy was yarning dust, and worse lying. . .which is a very shameless thing (amateur that cannot read simple oop codes), i had no choice but to take him out.
Re: 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? by dayotee2(m): 12:23am On May 02, 2009
Hi guys,

@yawa, another fantastic post from you, you sure have depth, you are deeply appreciated again.

Now to the topic, I must confess I find it hard understanding what some names are doing on that list, for crying out loud, gbenga sesan is NOT a developer neither is Seun known for his development skill I respect seun's intellectual ability and innovative ideas but he is NOT a developer still.

Its also important we clarify that developing a website is FAR different from designing a website, one can be very good in graphic and be a dead head in writing codes.

I have worked with a guy who is a wizard in writing codes, he is just a crazy programmer but VERY poor at front end design, should we then crucify this guy because he lack a simple ability? should we crucify him for building on his strength and been the best in it?

In UK, people submit there best work in a contest and the submitted work is used in the voting process, not just names ,  Nigeria has got thousandsss of creative developers, and its absolute nonsense to just name names,  lets see there works ,

Remain creative my naija people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Alternative To Google Adsense / BLOG & WEBSITE OWNERS: DROP 'UR LINKS HERE FOR REVIEW & TRAFFIC / Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.