Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Nairaland Philosophy Students - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Philosophy Students (18438 Views)

Amazing Art & Philosophy Illustration Of The Real World / GST112: Philosophy And Human Existence, Term Paper / Thread For All Philosophy Students And Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by SirBigH: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2016
Currently studying Philosophy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State. This thread is timely and I'd urge us to keep it going. Special appreciation to our "Senior" colleagues in the house.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
SirBigH:
Currently studying Philosophy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State. This thread is timely and I'd urge us to us to keep it going. Special appreciation to our "Senior" colleagues in the house.

Welcome...
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by bayocanny: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
This thread is meant for atheist, I suppose
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Fynestboi:

What's the name of your school?

Uniben
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by bayocanny: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Osun state polytechnic
Mass communication
But I have passion for abstract things

Here goes my question

Auguste Comte is of the opinion that sociology is the queen of science, how true it this statement?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Profmaojo: 6:46am On Apr 22, 2016
Pls i need a broad enlightment on where a philosophy can work? Pls be specific nt can work anywhere
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 6:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Uniben

Philosophy? If yes we have a whatsapp group do you mind?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 7:01am On Apr 22, 2016
bayocanny:
This thread is meant for atheist, I suppose

Nope.

Meant for

Atheist
Theist
Deist
Pantheistic
Panetheistic
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Fynestboi:

Philosophy? If yes we have a whatsapp group do you mind?

I don't.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I don't.

How do I get your contact?

Message me
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I don't.

Do you have the number now?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Fynestboi:

Do you have the number now?

No,I don't. Am I supposed to have a number?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

he meant your phone number.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Can you mail me your number?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
Oluwacolded:
he meant your phone number.

Lol. Right. grin
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Hello peeps...
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Toyolad:
[color=#000099][/color]Hello peeps...
are you on whatsapp? if so drop your no so we can add you to our philosophical discussion group.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by damosky12(m): 12:43am On Apr 23, 2016
Oluwacolded:
are you on whatsapp? if so drop your no so we can add you to our philosophical discussion group.

Is there a discussion group?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Oluwacolded: 7:05am On Apr 23, 2016
damosky12:

yes there is.
damosky12:

yes there is.
damosky12:

yes there is.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Oluwacolded:
Lol...We started the whatsapp group together now.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by bayocanny: 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Fynestboi:

Nope.

Meant for
Atheist Theist Deist Pantheistic Panetheistic
Lol
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by TariEnoch(m): 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
400level student of philosophy.Niger delta university,Currently writing my project on plato's notion of philosopher king and nigerian leaders.A comparative analysis.
The truth is,Let philosophers be made kings and Queens.
In the debate concerning the Elimination of metaphysics.I concur with A.J Ayer.
Many reasons why people are running away from philosophy is because of metaphysics.The world needs help now especially african countries.We are facing a lot of problems that are begging for solutions.People are dying of hunger,the economic is bad,our educational system is going down day by day,the high rate of teenage pregnacies,bad leadership in our political system e.t.c.
Let us suspend metaphysics for now.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
TariEnoch:
400level student of philosophy.Niger delta university,Currently writing my project on plato's notion of philosopher king and nigerian leaders.A comparative analysis.
The truth is,Let philosophers be made kings and Queens.
In the debate concerning the Elimination of metaphysics.I concur with A.J Ayer.
Many reasons why people are running away from philosophy is because of metaphysics.The world needs help now especially african countries.We are facing a lot of problems that are begging for solutions.People are dying of hunger,the economic is bad,our educational system is going down day by day,the high rate of teenage pregnacies,bad leadership in our political system e.t.c.
Let us suspend metaphysics for now.

suspend metaphysics?

Toward solving all what you posted up there sir, it will still boil down to metaphysical enquiry sir. I LOVE THAT PROJECT topic of yours sir.

however can i get your contact sir?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
Justify the proposition that logic is enfolded in the fact and unfolded in the mind.

Someone should help me out with this pls
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 10:20am On May 02, 2016
Aristotle in his famous saying puts it that 'BEING QUA BEING' meaning Being is being or Being for being. Also the Great existentialist, Martin Heidegger said Being is a thing into death, meaning existence of a being is also a movement towards it's death therefore Being is nothing.

Going from the authorities above, Being is a metaphysical entity that moves in a vicious circle of empty and void purpose. Being is what most see as the essence of existence but this is wrong. I see being in the same light Heidegger sees it. As something that is nothing, that is continually moving towards emptiness.

Since being doesn't have essence on it's own with other things defining him, then Being is JUST nothing. For example, if a child is born today, that child is still a being but what begins to define his beingness is essence and what are these essence? The name he will be given,the language and culture he will learn to give him an identity, the educational line he will toll to make him know things because he came to the world not knowing. So being is actually nothing until these things starts defining him which is the essence. And as the Existentialists will put it "existence precede essence"
This means that for a being to be important, he must exist first before having essence, that he cannot have essence without existing. So the main attribute of a Being is that it must exist. A wood is a being according to my postulation. Humans are beings, cars are beings. All of these are beings because they exist in reality and they all have no purpose without essence, something to give it meaning.

The difference between Humans and Trees or cars under the concept of Beingness, is what Existentialists categorize as Being and being (big Being and small being). This is a discourse for Other day grin

Cc fynestboi
The owner of the post , Freemanan is dead...I mean this intelligent and friendly dude is dead! so sad to hear this and sorry to bring this to your hearing.

RIP bro.

don't know what to say....sad!
he was really active on this thread before we all got too busy to post..check page 1 to abt page 4 of this thread to see his intelligent philosophical posts... now a 'nobody' on NL

cc: Oluwacolded
Fynestboi, Promisechild, Serenity008, Damosky12, chiboc1
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 1:58pm On May 02, 2016
sad sad
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by FuckTheM0ds(m): 2:32pm On May 02, 2016
Fynestboi:
What questions are we trashing..
signing in as sainthephzibah.
Do Philosophical hypothesis accept religious thesis?
E.g in the above question someone asked what is the essence of man on earth when he will die latter. Assuming i was to adumbrate on this, will religious ideologies (probably Christian Doctrines)be allowed for me to use to prove my point?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Fynestboi: 2:55pm On May 02, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
E.g in the above question someone asked what is the essence of man on earth when he will die latter. Assuming i was to adumbrate on this, will religious ideologies (probably Christian Doctrines)be allowed for me to use to prove my point?

No sir.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Toyolad(m): 2:57pm On May 02, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
you'd first need to argue for the position that these religious ideologies you intend using are true or really plausible, from there, you can then move on to make your assertions about the essence of man on earth.
In short, a 'religious thesis' rationally analyzed is no more a religious thesis (since it'd no more be dogmatically believed with FAITH but by rational justification).
This thread is becoming really dry!
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by Goodyshoes(m): 7:58pm On May 02, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:

Good question there.....
Firstly, you must understand that philosophical precepts and notions would not align properly with religious ideologies, as the latter is based on faith of some sort. Like the previous poster said, you would need to advance an argument for the religious concepts you intend to employ in your defense of any argument you might bring for the essence of man on earth and rationalize them before they would be philosophically sound. Now, this is where there may be gray areas, as religion is not rational, rather its based on faith.( which might as well include assumptions)

With the foregoing, we can agree that the true answer to your question wouldn't stem from religious ideologies....

However, I'd like to hear your views on the subject topic...... so we could rouse a discourse....

Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by FuckTheM0ds(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2016
damosky12:

Thank You. Jesus is the Lord of the signature.
since philosophy and faith based Religion are in contradiction as the former bases on rational thinking while the latter is strictly pre-disposed towards Faith.
How do you combine this your profession with your personal doctrine and devotion to God?
Re: Nairaland Philosophy Students by damosky12(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
since philosophy and faith based Religion are in contradiction as the former bases on rational thinking while the latter is strictly pre-disposed towards Faith.
How do you combine this your profession with your personal doctrine and devotion to God?

St Ansalem, the medieval philosopher said "credo ut intelligam" ( I believe that I may understand). Christianity helps understand these things. To know Jesus is to know Light. That Light is beyond the understanding of mere men.

John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Colossians 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

140 Engineers Conferred With Fellowship Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers / 17 Undergraduate Scholarships To Expect In 2015 / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.