Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Should I Propose Or Step Back - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Propose Or Step Back (1059 Views)

How Do I Propose To My 'wife'? / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / How Did You Propose To Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Propose Or Step Back by leonard10: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2015
please i want an matured advice to this.I need your advice and not abuses plz.

There is this particular girl am shy to approach bcoz she do call me EGBON or brother,and I to has taken her my sister. Now she's 18 and out of secondary school. She has everything to become a future complete wife. Also a committed Xtian which am happy for.

I just love everything about her. While am 24years of age.

Now she's 18 and am 24=== Is the gap not too much. And besides am i really right about my decision to take her as my future wife /partner.

I want to start building up a relationship with her as at now. I May not be the only one interested in her.
That's is why am still contemplating wooing her.

My question is should I approach her or not.
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by marshalcarter: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2015
The person below me....pls gve him a gud advicegrin

#sips weed#
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by leonard10: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2015
leonard10:

There is this particular girl am shy to approach bcoz she do call me EGBON or brother,and I to has taken her my sister. Now she's 18 and out of secondary school. She has everything to become a future complete wife. Also a committed Xtian which am happy for.

Now she's 18 and am 24=== Is the gap not too much. And besides am i really right about my decision to take her as my future wife /partner.

I want to start building up a relationship with her as at now. I May not be the only one interested in her.

QUOTE PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG BY THINKING OF MARRIAGE NOW, I MEAN STARTING A RELATIONSHIP WHICH MAY LEAD TO MARRIAGE WHEN IT'S TIME. DTHAT'S WHAT I MEA

Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by Iaz93: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by bigfly: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2015
Oboy! Your equation get as e be ooo.

1) Did she not have ambition to further her studies which may take minimum of five years b4 she could think of settling down for marriage?

2) If yes, do have plans to wait that long and give it everything it takes to fulfill ur heart desire?

3) If no and u want to marry her now, are u finacialy and morally prepared to marry or settle down with a lady now, even if it involves sponsoring her education?

All this things are what u have to answer b4 going into it, sure you may starts a relationship with her with d hope that it may lead to something great in future but u can't just go ahead and propose to a very young girl that is just out of secondary school like that.

1 Like

Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by leonard10: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=bigfly post=36074255]Oboy! Your equation get as e be ooo.

1) Did she not have ambition to further her studies which may take minimum of five years b4 she could think of settling down for marri.................. .

Thanks for your reply bro, but i don't mean marriage now ooo. Noooooooooooooo. I mean letting her know my intentions and start building up an relationship with her
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by bigfly: 10:40am On Jul 20, 2015
^^^^ What ever the case may be, your answer is in my first post.
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by Wendy80(f): 11:01am On Jul 20, 2015
For the fact you are shy then u need a lot of growing up to do so I advice u step back.
Beside leave d girl alone to concentrate on her education and you shd be upgrading urself too.
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 20, 2015
For now, just be friends with her... With time, things will take its shape. ..
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by roughdiamond(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nigga concentrate on your career else,you may regret it.Talking from experience
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by ademiD(f): 1:37am On Jul 21, 2015
be patient a bit.....
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by Richy4(m): 1:55am On Jul 21, 2015
Op please i want to ask you this question. No insult intended.

I know everyone must not go to school but is university forbidden in your village?

Someone that just turned 18, the very first thing you wanna talk to her about was marriage Haba mallam!!!!

Even a 25 year old girl is still dragging her feet when that word is mentioned.

Have you tried asking her what she wants to do with her life now that she is 18?

Start with that first. If she wants to learn trade, inform her on what to do and how to go about it. If she wants to go to uni, advise her and the rest will follow.

not marriage.....jezzzzz!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by Richy4(m): 2:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Thank God you have modified that horrible statement of talking about marriage to an 18yr old.

As i said earlier, be really nice to her.

Both of you are young. Tomorrow you might find another amazing young lady with heavenly features. Carved out from the throne of grace. Who studies bible 6 times in a day.Then the one you knew before will be like.........

Just act like a mentor for now. If she is wise she will understand. Also in the cause of mentoring, you may say one day you want her to be a very hard working and independent woman who can stand in her husband's place when he is not around bla bla bla....
Just something that will lead to whatever you wanna asked her now.
Re: Should I Propose Or Step Back by MRBrownJ: 3:11am On Jul 21, 2015
leonard10:

A) the fact that you doubt yourself about you and this lady is the first RED FLAG here
B) the fact that you never ever approached her (while dreaming of marriage) is the second RED FLAG here
C) the fact that you dont even have a friendship with this lady, let alone a r/ship of any kind, but yet here you are making life long plans with her is your third RED FLAG here
D) the fact that other men are interested in her is the only reason why you want to make a move now and this is your last RED FLAG

let me suggest that you first deal with your own issues of low self esteem before attempting to be in any r/ship

(1) (Reply)

Can't We Enjoy Life Like This? / Toddler Humiliates Dad In Public Toilet With Six Simple Words / Man Caught Sleeping With Younger Brothers Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.