Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (27377 Views)

Need A Facial Recognition Software For Attendance Written In Python Or Java. Fo / . / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Phourxx(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Plenty feofle don talk am before you, na lie una dey lie jor.

lol... i might be different, u never can tell
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
RobinHez:
Am getting Jealous o sad
I just found this today. You need to see how downcast I was. sad sad
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
I just found this today. You need to see how downcast I was. sad sad
Ok...so watcha gonna do about it..?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Ok...so watcha gonna do about it..?
I assume this means you're through with your exams . . .

Anyway, I was thinking of splitting the voice into individual tones and identifying the overtone configuration.
Baba's voice must definitely have a fixed set of frequency ranges that give him his quality. If we can write an algorithm to spilt his voice into individual tones, we can mark the character specific frequencies.
ASIMO, this Japanese robot, can do what this whole thread is about. Quite easily in fact. And I'm thinking they used the method above.

My big problem though, I can't write a frigging program. embarassed
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
I assume this means you're through with your exams . . .

Anyway, I was thinking of splitting the voice into individual tones and identifying the overtone configuration.
Baba's voice must definitely have a fixed set of frequency ranges that give him his quality. If we can write an algorithm to spilt his voice into individual tones, we can mark the character specific frequencies.
ASIMO, this Japanese robot, can do what this whole thread is about. Quite easily in fact. And I'm thinking they used the method above.

My big problem though, I can't write a frigging program. embarassed
Haha...neither can I...
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Haha...neither can I...
so . . . . . let the kids watch the pros. grin

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
so . . . . . let the kids watch the pros. grin

Hahaha...u sit down and watch...

Am going back to continue learning...tongue
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Hahaha...u sit down and watch...

Am going back to continue learning...tongue
Lolz . . . cheesy

I just did some research on this, and true, 50 000 is waaay too small for this project. So, if you wanna do it, don't do it for the money. Do it for the spirit. grin

Anyway, like I earlier said, we could totally us frequency, and guess what? My idea was totally on Wikipedia. shocked frequency estimation. cool

So, this isn't a programming problem. As seun correctly implied earlier, this is a computer science problem.

The software can be trained to Baba's voice by simply acquiring some samples of his voice and splitting them using Fourier transforms. The resulting pattern can then be stored in a database where key frequencies have been highlighted. And then when a foreign sample is introduced, it is analyzed as before and then compared with the stored frequencies. It will be especially easy for someone like buhari with his voice quality. cheesy

A fast Fourier transform algorithm can be used analyze samples, and they can be stored as mp3 files, and then, when the test samples are introduced, a form of power spectral density can be used to compare and contrast.

Weight can be assigned to individual frequency to ascertain which has more power in determining if it is baba's voice. grin

However, I can't even do all I've said above. Why? Because I can't program. cry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
All this talk talk don tire me. Make we see correct program, we are tired of people lecturing on this thread.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
All this talk talk don tire me. Make we see correct program, we are tired of people lecturing on this thread.
we can't program Na. undecided
If I could actually program, my only post here would be my submission. grin grin

I'm just being the sharp-eyed dwarf for the blind giants here. wink
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lolz . . . cheesy

I just did some research on this, and true, 50 000 is waaay too small for this project. So, if you wanna do it, don't do it for the money. Do it for the spirit. grin

Anyway, like I earlier said, we could totally us frequency, and guess what? My idea was totally on Wikipedia. shocked frequency estimation. cool

So, this isn't a programming problem. As seun correctly implied earlier, this is a computer science problem.

The software can be trained to Baba's voice by simply acquiring some samples of his voice and splitting them using Fourier transforms. The resulting pattern can then be stored in a database where key frequencies have been highlighted. And then when a foreign sample is introduced, it is analyzed as before and then compared with the stored frequencies. It will be especially easy for someone like buhari with his voice quality. cheesy

A fast Fourier transform algorithm can be used analyze samples, and they can be stored as mp3 files, and then, when the test samples are introduced, a form of power spectral density can be used to compare and contrast.

Weight can be assigned to individual frequency to ascertain which has more power in determining if it is baba's voice. grin

However, I can't even do all I've said above. Why? Because I can't program. cry
Hmmm...u're good. I don't understand all what u've just said...but u're good! wink
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Hmmm...u're good. I don't understand all what u've just said...but u're good! wink
All na wash. Na only person wey fit do program to recognize my voice good!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

All na wash. Na only person wey fit do program to recognize my voice good!
Hahaha...abi?

Too much talk talk...nd I nor like talk cry
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
9 pages, no proper working code. All of them just dey write long long articles like professors and posting rubbish codes that are not working.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Signal processing, computer vision, AI. Three crazy fields I attempted but ran away eventually. They definitely are not for the faint-hearted. Though I bet one would find a CV API that can help with this.
Maybe I can do this.
Hmmm...........

Sorry, I've got too much flying around my head already. I'll just stick to my graphics programming.
And 50,000 naira. Not very compelling. Increase that by a factor of 10 and I might consider this as a contest.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
RobinHez:

you don't what?

So all I typed there was for . . . nothing?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Stconvict:
Signal processing, computer vision, AI. Three crazy fields I attempted but ran away eventually. They definitely are not for the faint-hearted. Though I bet one would find a CV API that can help with this.
Maybe I can do this.
Hmmm...........

Sorry, I've got too much flying around my head already. I'll just stick to my graphics programming.
And 50,000 naira. Not very compelling. Increase that by a factor of 10 and I might consider this as a contest.
All this giramar just because you no fit do am? Shioor!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

All this giramar just because you no fit do am? Shioor!
grin grin
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Na wa o
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:
Na wa o
What are you waiting for! HTML, javascript, CSS, node.js, SQL, mongoDB, jquery. Anything?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by RobinHez(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2015
Teempakguy:
you don't what?
So all I typed there was for . . . nothing?
Yeah! tongue
I love Praticals...
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
lol
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2015
oga seun dat 50k is too small for that project.
just increase it to 200k and see how I will suprise evrybody here.
am waitin for your reply..
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by UncleSnr(m): 9:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
What most people don't understand is that You don't know who is following the thread. Its not all about the money, it is all about the FUTURE.

I don't know how to code "Hello World" in any language so don't expect anything from me.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Na wa o
Because of this thread, I started learning how to program.
I even just designed my first hello world program in java yesterday.
At this rate, in six months, I will supply my solution. cry
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 26, 2015
gearcoin:
oga seun dat 50k is too small for that project.
just increase it to 200k and see how I will suprise evrybody here.
am waitin for your reply..
Na ole you be oga me sir!

Teempakguy:
Na wa o
Because of this thread, I started learning how to program.
I even just designed my first hello world program in java yesterday.
At this rate, in six months, I will supply my solution. cry
Na so!
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 26, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Na ole you be oga me sir!

Na so!
what did I steal in your house ?
please learn how to talk to people .
it is glaring you lack moral and beside how does this issue concern you.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 26, 2015
gearcoin:

what did I steal in your house ?
please learn how to talk to people .
it is glaring you lack moral and beside how does this issue concern you.
Eh? me lack morale fibre eh? You are trying to rob seun blind! That means you are corrupt - and now stealing and corruption are the same in this regime.
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 26, 2015
gearcoin:
Why you come dey book illegal space?
Re: President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2015
MuhammaduBuhari:

Eh? me lack morale fibre eh? You are trying to rob seun blind! That means you are corrupt - and now stealing and corruption are the same in this regime.

your moral deficient is magnimus for people to see.
I cant blame you.it is because you did not know the weight of that work. so 200k is much in your notion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / Programming Learning Challenge June.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.