Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read (5219 Views)

This CNN 1968 Documentary About Nigeria VS Biafra War Will Shock You [VIDEO] / Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by ChemicalMallam(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
A response to Biafrans
The major problem with our people is ignorance.... People would rather watch 5 seasons of prison break than take a book and read...afterwards they come online and post all sorts of crap...yes the civil war was brutal, yes civilians died of hunger and starvation, yes innocent people were slaughtered.... But what did you expect?.... It was a war!!!
I find it totally absurd that igbo's would rather demonize the federal Govt instead of admitting that their leaders were also to blame for thier suffering during the civil war.... If ojukwu had surrendered after the first 1 year of d war, most of d suffering would have been averted. But no... He chose to let his people starve than to surrender..... While Biafrans were starving, ojukwu refused to allow aide agencies deliver aid unless they paid him cash in addition to the aid.... Can u imagine?
The truth is Nigeria isn't perfect... We are facing a lot of challenges as a Nation... But all countries faced these challenges at one point or the other... And these challenges are better faced united than devided... Our biggest problem is not that we are multi ethnic or a multi religious nation, no!.... But our problem remains that our leaders lack the moral and political will to bring about meaningful development.
Before you start asking for republic of Biafra, arewa republic, oduduwa republic or what ever the hell u'd like to call ur ethnic states; please first of all ask ur governors what they've done with what they've been receiving from the fed govt.... Ask yourself this qstn... Can I really trust this people with more money?
Ask urself what is really the problem? What or who is responsible for my present condition?... Is it because a Hausa man is the president? Or is it because my Governor has taken the money allocated to build class rooms for my children and instead used it to buy houses abroad?
Demand accountability from ur leaders at all levels....
In conclusion the average Hausa man on the street in Kano is not the enemy of the Igbo trader in Enugu, but instead they are both victims of the Same oppressor.... The oppressor that has denied ur children access to education, ur wives access to health care, ur graduates access to employment.....
That oppressor is Corruption... Even if Nigeria is devided into a million pieces; if we don't stamp out corruption we will still leave in abject poverty....
Regardless of our tribes or ethnicities, our needs are the same; food on the table, education for our kids, employment for our youths, dignity for one another....
Fellow Nigerians.... What binds us is Much stronger than what separates us.... Do not succumb to hate and tribalism...

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by helpinghands(m): 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
I get pissed when I read all these advice on one Nigeria
How many times have Hausas compensated Igbos for destroying our properties in the north. Igbos are naturally very hardworking but what's the use if after toiling to build houses in Hausa land for instance, they wake up one morning and knock it down. Now Yorubas call us immigrants and are always looking for an opportunity to show their hate for Igbos

Is it by force to be a Nigerian?
'I no marry again' na crime?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Mancity26(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
seen
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Atlantian: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Why do you want Biafrans to remain in Nigeria ? You dont like them, and you dont want to let them go.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Smilelo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
'I no marry again' na crime?[/quote]

My Brother as am whether one Nigeria na by force. We no greed again. We no want one Nigeria
Make dem go. This time the Zoo must fall.

Biafra has come to stay. Nigeria expired last year so there is Nothing like Nigeria again Nothing will stop us this Time.

Ndi Ara

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
OP should jump inside the nearest lagoon grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:
I get pissed when I read all these advise on one Nigeria
How many times have Hausas compensated Igbos for destroying our properties in the north. Igbos are naturally very hardworking nut what's the use if after toiling to build houses in Hausa land for instance, they wake up one morning and knock it down. Now Yorubas call us immigrants and are always looking for an opportunity to show their hate for Igbos

I literally laughed when I read your comment about the yorubas......when you push someone and they hit a wall,expect them to push back! If you think they consider you 'immigrants' as you said and you you feel uncomfortable about that why don't you 'migrate' to your region?? I'm pretty sure someone like you lives in Lagos....isn't that hypocritical?? BTW I always see your comment concerning the yorubas and I find it funny to see you accuse them of 'hate'

lmao you're one funny chick I tell ya wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
the only solution to Naija wahala na true fiscal federalism. with it, attraction to the center naturally dies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nemeka:
the only solution to Naija wahala na true fiscal federalism. with it, attraction to the center naturally dies

Truee smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

I literally laughed when I read your comment about the yorubas......when you push someone and they hit a wall,expect them to push back! If you think they consider you 'immigrants' as you said and you you feel uncomfortable about that why don't you 'migrate' to your region?? I'm pretty sure someone like you lives in Lagos....isn't that hypocritical?? BTW I always see your comment concerning the yorubas and I find it funny to see you accuse them of 'hate'

My question to you Yorubas is why do u keep creating threads to advise us or threaten us because of Biafra? Your level of confusion beats my imagination

By the way why do u Yorubas think everybody stay in Lagos. U need to travel out of your village bro

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
Smilelo:

My Brother as am whether one Nigeria na by force. We no greed again. We no want one Nigeria
Make dem go. This time the Zoo must fall.

Biafra has come to stay. Nigeria expired last year so there is Nothing like Nigeria again Nothing will stop us this Time.

Ndi Ara
Gbam

Isee iseee iseee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Kyase(m): 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:
How many times have Hausas compensated Igbos for destroying our properties in the north. Igbos are naturally very hardworking nut what's the use if after toiling to build houses in Hausa land for instance, they wake up one morning and knock it down. Now Yorubas call us immigrants and are always looking for an opportunity to show their hate for Igbos

when is compensation mandated? Answer this question first.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kyase:

when is compensation mandated? Answer this question first.

It is not, likewise being a Nigerian is not mandated

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Kyase(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Atlantian:
Why you want Biafrans to remain in Nigeria ? You dont like them, and you dont want to let them go.
then go, if u can't then you are not ready.
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

My question to you Yorubas is why do u keep creating threads to advise us or threaten us because of Biafra? Your level of confusion beats my imagination

By the way why do u Yorubas think everybody stays in Lagos. U need to travel out of your village bro

Despite how intelligent y'all try to sound you think whoever doesn't buy your idea is yoruba.....and its 'sis' not bro....not everyone lives in a cave like you wink just saying

Lol @ confused you might want to know what that word means before throwing it around 'sis' wink

@ 'threaten....what's their to threaten you about....y'all are the ones clamouring for war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Despite how intelligent y'all try to sound you think whoever doesn't buy your idea is yoruba.....and its 'sis' not bro....not everyone lives in a cave like you wink just saying

Lol @ confused you might want to know what that word means before throwing it around 'sis' wink

If U've gone past Lagos in your life, u would've known that not everyone lives there. cheesy

Lagos is overrated btw

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
ChemicalMallam:
A response to Biafrans
The major problem with our people is ignorance.... People would rather watch 5 seasons of prison break than take a book and read...afterwards they come online and post all sorts of crap...yes the civil war was brutal, yes civilians died of hunger and starvation, yes innocent people were slaughtered.... But what did you expect?.... It was a war!!!
I find it totally absurd that igbo's would rather demonize the federal Govt instead of admitting that their leaders were also to blame for thier suffering during the civil war.... If ojukwu had surrendered after the first 1 year of d war, most of d suffering would have been averted. But no... He chose to let his people starve than to surrender..... While Biafrans were starving, ojukwu refused to allow aide agencies deliver aid unless they paid him cash in addition to the aid.... Can u imagine?
The truth is Nigeria isn't perfect... We are facing a lot of challenges as a Nation... But all countries faced these challenges at one point or the other... And these challenges are better faced united than devided... Our biggest problem is not that we are multi ethnic or a multi religious nation, no!.... But our problem remains that our leaders lack the moral and political will to bring about meaningful development.
Before you start asking for republic of Biafra, arewa republic, oduduwa republic or what ever the hell u'd like to call ur ethnic states; please first of all ask ur governors what they've done with what they've been receiving from the fed govt.... Ask yourself this qstn... Can I really trust this people with more money?
Ask urself what is really the problem? What or who is responsible for my present condition?... Is it because a Hausa man is the president? Or is it because my Governor has taken the money allocated to build class rooms for my children and instead used it to buy houses abroad?
In conclusion the average Hausa man on the street in Kano is not the enemy of the Igbo trader in Enugu, but instead they are both victims of the Same oppressor.... The oppressor that has denied ur children access to education, ur wives access to health care, ur graduates access to employment.....
That oppressor is Corruption... Even if Nigeria is devided into a million pieces; if we don't stamp out corruption we will still leave in abject poverty....
Regardless of our tribes or ethnicities, our needs are the same; food on the table, education for our kids, employment for our youths, dignity for one another....
Fellow Nigerians.... What binds us is Much stronger than what separates us.... Do not succumb to hate and tribalism...

Lies!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Kyase(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

It is not, likewise being a Nigerian is not mandated
then be a biafran, but before then please edit ur country of origin to biafra, or when ever u are asked of ur nationality please do well to let who ever that you are a biafran.
Start from there, but if u stil bear Nigeria as ur mother land then.......
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

If U've gone past Lagos in your life, u would've known that not everyone lives there. cheesy

Lagos is overrated btw

Its an insult to humans in general if you think we're all the same girl wink

Oooh is that so?? I wonder why y'all keep moving to lagos #color me confused

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
Kyase:

then be a biafran, but before then please edit ur country of origin to biafra, or when ever u are asked of ur nationality please do well to let who ever that you are a biafran.
Start from there, but if u stil bear Nigeria as ur mother land then.......

Duh!!! cheesy what else is Biafran movement trying to achieve

Chai if I call u mumu now, e go be like insult so I wont undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by azzima(m): 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

why should hausas compensate you igbos for being stupid as usualwhen igbos started printing T shirts and playing music to taunt your Hausa host about their leaders that were murdered by igbo soldiers. What the Hausas did afterwards is history. How dumb was that? ....and still dumb today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Who pushed yoruba to the wall

U mean baba akiolu

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Its an insult to humans in general if you think we're all the same girl wink

Oooh is that so?? I wonder why y'all keep moving to lagos #color me confused
You've bn noticed, now run along

Last advise for: be proud of your root. I'm proudly Igbo. Can u say the same of your Yoruba origin? cheesy

Have a good night

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
azzima:
why should hausas compensate you igbos for being stupid as usualwhen igbos started printing T shirts and playing music to taunt your Hausa host about their leaders that were murdered by igbo soldiers. What the Hausas did afterwards is history. How dumb was that? ....and still dumb today.

So seperation should be a piece of cake since the feeling is mutual but alas it doesn't appear so. All I hear is war war war

Biafrans just want to go. That's all

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U mean baba akiolu

And Akiolu spoke for all the yorubas yeah? Weren't the yorubas against akiolu's statement? Why did most of you claim lagos is 'no man's land'......can I go do Abia and say its 'no man's land' Shey una no go stone me??
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U mean baba akiolu

U forgot to mention Dr Ariyo too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Kyase(m): 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

Duh!!! cheesy what else is Biafran movement trying to achieve
Chai if I call u mumu now, e go be like insult so I wont undecided
now who be the mumu? Lay the first stone or na with roof una wan start to build biafools with?
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by yang(m): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
These sophisticated people really need to take their own advice

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

You've bn noticed, now run along

Last advise for: be proud of your root. I'm proudly Igbo. Can u say the same of your Yoruba origin? cheesy

Have a good night

Lmao still wonder why I question your level of intelligence?

Everyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm an Esan chick I don't need to hide where Im from because of nitwits like you.....I mean c'mon *rotfl*
Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Only in the land of the sophisticated ones is marriage compulsory

I no marry again no dey some people dictionary

Yorubas is one Nigeria by force.?

SarahBabyxx:

Everyone who knows me on this forum knows I'm an Esan chick I don't need to hide where Im from because of nitwits like you.....I mean c'mon *rotfl*
Kyase:

now who be the mumu?
Lay the first stone or na with roof una wan start to build biafools with?
ChemicalMallam:
A response to Biafrans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Biafra. A Must Read by Rose2014: 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Ask your bro whom I bursted recently while he was claiming SS. I actually created a thread to expose his lies cos his lie(just like yours) was smelling like poo cheesy

I would've done same for u If only u were worth my time but you're not.

Take care

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why IPOB Are Celebrating Donald Trump's Win / Aisha Buhari Distributes Food Items To 1500 Households In Five Lgas In Borno / Nigeria Population: 1921 Census- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.