Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Help /advice needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help /advice needed (3431 Views)

Help Advice This Lovers Of Different Religion.( Chat Screenshot) / My Husband Impregnated Our Landlord’s Daughter. Please Help! (advice Needed) / HELP: Advice For My Dieing Course Mate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 6:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Is it possible to totally forgive(and forget) a partner (man) who cheated on you, sleeping with the other lady? If it is, please advice how one can go about it.
Re: Help /advice needed by raayah(f): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2015
Its not possible to totally forgive and forget. Cheating causes a lot of emotional pain.
Emotional pain is very hard to deal with because there is really no cure.

If you are not married to your partner, I suggest you end the relationship. It hurts at first but you will get better.

If you are married, Consider your children. Are they worth staying in the marriage for. If yes , you may have to stick it out with him.

In both cases, Refuse sexual activity until he is tested for Std's and such. You have to go together for these tests.

I feel a lot of empathy for you. A cheating partner is selfish. Remember that this is not your fault.

3 Likes

Re: Help /advice needed by Shortyy(f): 6:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Love conquers all. If you really really love him, give him a second chance.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 21, 2015
I know its hard, buh later on u av to forgive the bastard if he asks for forgiveness, so dat God will forgive u.
Re: Help /advice needed by Redoil: 6:26am On Jul 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I know its hard, buh later on u av to forgive the bastard if he asks for forgiveness, so dat God will forgive u.

did you ever get to forgive tonyfrancis?
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
Shortyy:
Love conquers all. If you really really love him, give him a second chance.
The irony of all possibilities. When we give plain advice to people, that we ourselves can't even take.
This life is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Help /advice needed by Shortyy(f): 6:41am On Jul 21, 2015
Dnarvaez:

The irony of all possibilities. When we give plain advice to people, that we ourselves can't even take.
This life is beautiful.
And your point is i can't do that? And what exactly do you know about me?
Re: Help /advice needed by Tallesty1(m): 6:47am On Jul 21, 2015
raayah:
It's not possible to totally forgive and forget. Cheating causes a lot of emotional pain.

If you are not married to your partner, I suggest you end the relationship. It hurts at first but you will get better.

If you are married, Consider your children. Are they worth staying in the marriage for. If yes , you may have to stick it out with him.

In both cases, Refuse sexual activity until he is tested for Std's and such. You have to go together for these tests.

I feel a lot of empathy for you. A cheating partner is selfish. Remember that this is not your fault.
It's possible to forgive and forget but it takes alotta time.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Shortyy:

And your point is i can't do that? And what exactly do you know about me?
My point is that a "word" is a powerful tool which people easily utter but can't put it into effect.
What I know about you is that you're a "let me give a feeble water help for giving sake" kind of person.
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Help /advice needed by raayah(f): 6:53am On Jul 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
It's possible to forgive and forget but it takes alotta time.

Have you forgotten all bad things that happened to you?
Re: Help /advice needed by meimoks(f): 7:04am On Jul 21, 2015
You can forgive but it takes time to forget
Re: Help /advice needed by Shortyy(f): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Dnarvaez:

My point is that a "word" is a powerful tool which people easily utter but can't put it into effect.
What I know about you is that you're a "let me give a feeble water help for giving sake" kind of person.
Good morning.
Thank GOD you know nothing about me. GOOD MORNING too
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2015
Shortyy:
Thank GOD you know nothing about me. GOOD MORNING too
On the contrary your comment openly betrayed you.
Re: Help /advice needed by iPopAlomo(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Lol...
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:
Is it possible to totally forgive(and forget) a partner (man) who cheated on you, sleeping with the other lady? If it is, please advice how one can go about it.
it is.. forgiveness is easy just depends on you
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
it is.. forgiveness is easy just depends on you
How do i go abt dis..... M so sad
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
raayah:
Its not possible to totally forgive and forget. Cheating causes a lot of emotional pain.

we re nt married. I dont kno wat to do.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:
How do i go abt dis..... M so sad
You on whatsapp 08098947114
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
You on whatsapp 08098947114
I dont do WhatsApp. Pls advice.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:
I dont do WhatsApp. Pls advice.
then call me babe.. I ain't gon toast you..
Re: Help /advice needed by MRBrownJ: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:

you should never accept such disrespectful act, and instead you should look for a man that will value you the RIGHT way. forgiving a cheating man is just another way of telling him that its ok and he can do it again because you are a weak person.

at least, have some respect for yourself, even if he doesnt have any for you.

1 Like

Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
MRBrownJ:

you should never accept such disrespectful act, and instead you should look for a man that will value you the RIGHT way. forgiving a cheating man is just another way of telling him that its ok and he can do it again because you are a weak person.

at least, have some respect for yourself, even if he doesnt have any for you.
I will do just that cos I know myself. No matter how hard I try, I cant forgive him
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
WARRIBLOOD:
then call me babe.. I ain't gon toast you..
lol
Re: Help /advice needed by defendedvictim(m): 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Forgiveness is possible...but forgetting? Dats anoda thing entirely; esp wen my brain is still active. Forgiveness is possible wen u understand dat humans wil always falter n make wrong decisions at one point or d other. Learn to give excuses for anoda person's fault; view things Frm Dia point of view n u might realize dat u wud v done worse.
Finally, if u haven't learnt Hw to forgive, u have no business being in a serious relationship because there wil always be offences; cheating is not an unpardonable offence. Its bad but , u both can still build a good relationship if u decide to. Na ur hand e dey
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:

Sweets, thought you said everything had been sorted out in your other thread?

Me thinks it would be best if you thrashed this relationship. Forgive him for cheating on you, quite alright, but forget him too. For your own emotional and overall health, cut this guy off. Do your u really want to spend the rest of your life with a cheat?

I'm sounding like this, because I can feel your distress from my phone screen. Really. I felt the same way when I came across your earlier thread yesterday too. You really need to get out of that relationship and take care of yourself. If possible, talk to someone about it; you're sounding really distressed. Speaking to someone one-on-one will help you let off some steam.

Dont worry, the pain will ebb. Just do the right thing; you'll be fine. I'm sure. Take care.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:

You and this your man.
Re: Help /advice needed by Gurgle(f): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
Has he apologized?
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
Gaborone:

Sweets, thought you said everything had been sorted out in your other thread?

Me thinks it would be best if you thrashed this relationship. Forgive him for cheating on you, quite alright, but forget him too. For your own emotional and overall health, cut this guy off. Do your u really want to spend the rest of your life with a cheat?

I'm sounding like this, because I can feel your distress from my phone screen. Really. I felt the same way when I came across your earlier thread yesterday too. You really need to get out of that relationship and take care of yourself. If possible, talk to someone about it; you're sounding really distressed. Speaking to someone one-on-one will help you let off some steam.

Dont worry, the pain will ebb. Just do the right thing; you'll be fine. I'm sure. Take care.
Everything seems sorted out but I can smell my so called fiance made the girl confess falsely. I think I have to quit. Though its painful cos 2yrs is not a joke. This guy is coming over tomorrow, I want to call it quits. How do I go abt it?
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Oyind17:

You and this your man.
He is a problem
Re: Help /advice needed by Rajjah(f): 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
defendedvictim:
Forgiveness is possible...but forgetting? Dats anoda thing entirely; esp wen my brain is still active. Forgiveness is possible wen u understand dat humans wil always falter n make wrong decisions at one point or d other. Learn to give excuses for anoda person's fault; view things Frm Dia point of view n u might realize dat u wud v done worse.
Finally, if u haven't learnt Hw to forgive, u have no business being in a serious relationship because there wil always be offences; cheating is not an unpardonable offence. Its bad but , u both can still build a good relationship if u decide to. Na ur hand e dey
ooooh *crying *
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
Rajjah:
Everything seems sorted out but I can smell my so called fiance made the girl confess falsely. I think I have to quit. Though its painful cos 2yrs is not a joke. This guy is coming over tomorrow, I want to call it quits. How do I go abt it?

Ending a 2-month old relationship can hurt, talk more of that of 2 years. But it's better one feels the pain now and have a happy married life later.

Well, regarding how you should go about it...since it's an issue of broken trust/cheating, tell him as much, and that you cannot continue by reason of that. If he is the violent type, please for your safety, don't do it in private. Take him to an open place to tell him.

It won't be easy, but it's a step in the right direction.
Re: Help /advice needed by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
tell yourself the truth...Only you will know...people will advice u..fine...but you wear d shoe...throw it away if it has no future ..keep it if it still does have a future. ..and bear d consequences of your decision...

sorry..tried to summarize...didn't work

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must Read: This Is What Happens When You Have S'ex With A Pregnant Woman. / 8 Image To Remind You Of Childhood memories. / Watch Video Here! Teenage Girl Shares After Še× Video With Her ‘boo’ On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.