Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450706 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ibukunholuwa:
Hapi birthday donkross.Many more years on earth
thanks Ibk of life
Re: Behind Her Veil by pearlmma05(f): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2015
Happy birthday donkross. I wish u d very best of life
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
sod09:
I said it....Becca was janelle Dude y u trying to mess with my head. Not cool angry
cheesy Look at the bright side...u figured it out.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
hubbulamin:
Kai, Mattkent, May God bless you for this Update... it jst cleard alot of Mysteries... cant wait for the next update!!! Kudos Bro, I dey your Back

Amen! Thanks jare.
Re: Behind Her Veil by sod09(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Mattkent:

cheesy Look at the bright side...u figured it out.
grin grin
Nice one
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
My people..... How una dey ..... Okay let me start by saying thank you for the wishes, I can't thank you guys enough. Ekun loves you muchos.

To una wey no wish me well, I forgive you in advance grin

Take kia. Thanks once more.

SIGNED : Don Olu Olutosin Kross Adegoroye Adegorioye Ekun omo Ekun.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
donkross1:
Don Olu Olutosin Kross Adegoroye Adegorioye Ekun omo Ekun.....
na ur full name b dis? E lng o lol
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Sageez:
na ur full name b dis? E lng o lol
lol no be lie
Re: Behind Her Veil by OYAY(m): 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
You are deep as far this story is concern! Kudos

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by m003: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
what more can i say? WOW!!

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by hubbulamin(m): 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Mattkent Abeg Naaa... i'm dying to read ur next update.... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin OP make I bribe you nah. Give us 3 updates make we take am do sunday nah abi We dey wait for the food sha..Cuz we ya hungry for more...

undecided And as for you donkross1, I'll dis-supplier(a new english word) you. Why you no carry cake and baby oku come today Today is Sunday afterall

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Niyonice(m): 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Been stuck on dis interesting piece since yestanyt when I stumple upon it on NL..
I almost hav a sleeples nyt though,but just got to this page now, but I can't but comment how great a work u're doing...
Its just what I needed I read that I didn't even know when I log in to nairaland to drop dis comment.

Keep it up bruv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
m003:
what more can i say? WOW!!

OYAY:
You are deep as far this story is concern! Kudos

Thanks. You guys r the rock of this thread wink
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
DandyPearl:
grin OP make I bribe you nah. Give us 3 updates make we take am do sunday nah abi We dey wait for the food sha..Cuz we ya hungry for more...

undecided And as for you donkross1, I'll dis-supplier(a new english word) you. Why you no carry cake and baby oku come today Today is Sunday afterall

hubbulamin:
Mattkent Abeg Naaa... i'm dying to read ur next update.... embarassed

Still working on the next update. Sorry for the delay. Dandy u say 3 updates!? u wanna kiiii me? when I am even struggling to post one.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Niyonice:
Been stuck on dis interesting piece since yestanyt when I stumple upon it on NL..
I almost hav a sleeples nyt though,but just got to this page now, but I can't but comment how great a work u're doing...
Its just what I needed I read that I didn't even know when I log in to nairaland to drop dis comment.

Keep it up bruv

Thanks mahn. Really appreciate it. More strength to you for reading.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
DandyPearl:

no vex for me. I think say Oga Kent say make I collect vacation na. Make I arrange am sharply before story go start.
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin
donkross1:
no vex for me. I think say Oga Kent say make I collect vacation na. Make I arrange am sharply before story go start.
Mattkent:

Still working on the next update. Sorry for the delay. Dandy u say 3 updates!? u wanna kiiii me? when I am even struggling to post one.
shocked Die? OP God forbid it that you die. You shall not die but live.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
DandyPearl:
grin shocked Die? OP God forbid it that you die. You shall not die but live.

See ya mouth. I will be posting 2mao.
Re: Behind Her Veil by gentlesinna(m): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2015
Bia oga Kent shey d next update never ready?pls am dying of impatience 0oo0o0.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
gentlesinna:
Bia oga Kent shey d next update never ready?pls am dying of impatience 0oo0o0.

I go update am today. Some new ideas come so I wan see as I go merge am together.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
He was two steps away from the gate when he jumped shocked and frightened from a vibration in his pocket. It was just his phone!

It was a message from Vanessa. Immediately school session ended, she had travelled to London. Months ago she made her debut in the New York fashion week show. She knew the show would expose her to greater opportunities, and that’s the reason she was in London now.

Although she told Sadiq that she wouldn’t mind living in her parent home even when she clock thirty years, but after a little sightseeing in London she fancied buying a small house there. It seemed like a great idea. It would save her the stress of flying back and forth and she would also enroll to one of the universities.

“Don’t even try it!” Sadiq replied her text when he had gotten home.

There was something he noticed about Janelle. Even though he had declined her request, she didn’t try to harm, kill or even hypnotize him to do as she says. He didn’t get it. Was it that she didn’t have the power to do such or she just wasn’t evil? And what if what she said was true about the remaining two events the seer said would take place, what if he dies?

It was very complicated! His discretion was telling him that indulging in the act she wanted might be what would give way to the last two events and another thought was that Janelle might be right. The former seemed more plausible but then our discretion isn’t always right.

Throughout that night he couldn’t sleep. In as much as he claimed that she was not saying the truth, a part of him believed her. It was the part of him that was scared of losing his family and losing his life! He couldn’t imagine how distraught his family and friends would be when he dies!

He picked up his phone and dialed a number. Seconds later a voice spoke from the other end of the line;

“Hello.”

“Hey Zeenat.”

“Hey you! What are you still doing up late?”

“Couldn’t sleep. I just couldn’t stop thinking about you.”

“Really?” she asked and her voice gave away how pleased she was to hear that.

“Yes. I feel like seeing your face right now. That would make me sleep well this night.”

She laughed.

“Me too. But it’s already too late.” she said. “But we could video call.” she suggested.

“That would be nice.” Sadiq replied.

They ended the call and he brought out his laptop, turned on the hotspot on his phone and connected his laptop to it.

“Hi again.” she chuckled, waving at him. She wore a silver colored shawl covering her hair and wrapped round her neck. The edge of the shawl had really beautiful embodiment that sparkled.

“I never knew you had pink lips.” he said to her, touching the laptop screen as though he could actually touch her lips.

She covered her lips with her palm. “I am sure it is because of the lip stick I occasionally use that’s why you didn’t notice all these while.”

“I can’t wait to make you my wife!”

“You are going to make me shy now.” She pulled the shawl across her face.

“Just imagine us in our house, alone in our air conditioned room, under the blanket.” he continued.

She laughed but reverie the thought of it. “I really want to spend the rest of my life with you.” she admitted.

The words tore into his heart. All her words always did. She rarely says much, but when she did she always left a lasting impression.

To be honest, finding that right person; the opposite sex that though you don’t share much in common neither are you soul mates but the trust and love between you two is so strong it can sink a boat is the best anyone could ever ask for. Sadiq didn’t believe in just falling in love, he believed in trust. To him; loves comes after trust. And he found both in Zeenat.

“I love you so much!” he said to her when they were getting ready to sleep.

“Love you too to the moon and beyond.”

“Dream about cats and dogs.”

“Dream about goats and hen.” she replied. They laughed and called it a night. It was something they always said to each other every night, instead of the usual sweet dreams and sleep tight.

Sadiq felt better, and minutes later he dozed off peacefully.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
The next morning felt different. It felt like he had gone to war with gladiators and defeated every single one of them without a scratch. There was this feeling, the type that makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

And we all know who is responsible for this; Zeenat! What would he do without that girl? Absolutely nothing!

He moved about the house merrily, greeting Anty, smiling at Najib’s sister and asking Kazim why everyone weren’t as happy as he was.

For a moment Kazim imagined Sadiq was on drugs; happy drugs. Maybe the drugs were making him happy! Observing him, he realized that only one drug could make him this happy; the Zeenat drug!

“Things are going very well with you and Zeenat right?” he asked Sadiq.

“Totally well!” he gave Kazim a huge smile revealing his complete teeth.

Kazim sighed and shrugged. He was once in Sadiq’s shoe. There was a girl once who made him feel the exact way Sadiq was feeling right now. Her name was Aisha, but she died three years ago in a car accident. The bus she was in was hit by a tanker. The tanker dragged the bus across the road, somersaulted several times and on lookers knew before they rescued the victims that no one would make it out alive.

After losing her he was unable to find another girl like her. He met some but they weren’t like Aisha. They weren’t like the slim, dark skinned and fun to be with Aisha that he loved. They weren’t as annoying as Aisha was. She was very annoying and he loved that about her. It was one of her trait that brought them together.

Since the accident he played around with few girls and just when it seemed they were falling in love with him, he would back off. Sometimes even changing his phone number just to avoid them.

“I am just going to get some air outside.” he told Kazim.

“All right. Be quick though breakfast is ready.”

As soon as he stepped out of the house he saw three persons standing outside Janelle’s house.

The two men and lady seemed to have just gotten out of the house.

Gazing at them Sadiq concluded that Janelle must be up to something. Whatever it was it won’t work. At least he will make sure it doesn’t.

He was walking pass the house when one of the men called him and approached him. At first Sadiq wanted to run! But after they made their intention clear he was glad that he didn’t run. How embarrassing that would have been.

“Do you live here?” the man asked Sadiq.

“Yes I do.”

“How safe is this neighborhood?” he asked further.

Sadiq found the question a little disturbing. Why would anyone want to know that!

“It is safe here. Can I help you?” he asked feeling uncomfortable chatting with the stranger especially as they just came out of Janelle’s house.

“My wife and i are interested in this property here.” he said pointing at Janelle’s house. “We’ve been negotiating with that estate agent for more than a year now and we finally have an agreement.”

“But the house is occupied!” replied Sadiq.

“No its not.” replied the man, waving at the estate agent to come over.

“The house has been in the market for four years now. I am glad these couples have finally gotten the house.” the estate agent told Sadiq.

Was this some sort of game! Sadiq thought.

“But a white girl called Janelle has been living here for more than a year now. I even visited her yesterday.” argued Sadiq as he walked hurriedly and opened the gate to the house.

There was no car in the compound. He peeped through the window into the house and it was empty! As if the house has been unoccupied for years!

So Janelle is gone!

The couples were uncomfortable with Sadiq’s claim. They questioned several people that passed by and they attested to what he said.

“That’s it! We can’t live here!” the man told the estate agent.

“Don’t leave. I am sure they are just saying these things to scare you away! There is nothing like ghost! The house is not haunted!” he shouted but the couples were gone.

There was murmur everywhere. People were terrified and confused. They couldn’t explain how she existed there yet she didn’t exist! The only person with the answer was Sadiq and he wasn’t ready to explain it to anyone.

When he was finally in the comfort of his room, he meditated about Janelle’s disappearance and he figured that his decline was what made her leave. Maybe she knew he wasn’t going to give in to her demand that’s why she left.

It called for celebration! He had escaped the temptation of a being out of this world and he felt like a man now.

Even though he was happy about it, part of him wasn’t sure if it called for celebration. First he didn’t know if he was going to die because he refused to mate with her and there was no way of ever knowing who Asmau’s biological parents are. She had the answer to that and somehow he was sure that she wasn’t lying about that.

Even though he dies now he won’t regret it. Looking back at his life he had enjoyed life to the fullest. He had crazy fun with his best friend Vanessa who although can be crazy a times because of her pursuit for fame but she is the best friend he had ever had. Jennifer who is their ‘frienemy’ challenged them both to think wide and do things that never thought they would do. Even though she was scheming and manipulative she still had a special place in his heart.

“I always suspected that girl.” Humaira broke Sadiq’s thought.

“Sorry…what?” Sadiq having been lost in thought.

“That girl Janelle. I never liked her.” she said.

“I know. You made that obvious right from the day of the horse race when I asked you about her.” he recalled.

How time flies. It was just yesterday when he came to Kano. He was still very naïve and didn’t know what he wanted from life. Those years were almost the best time of his life. It was full of drama, love, betrayal and there was always something new coming up. Although new things came up now, but it wasn’t like that time of his life. Then there was innocence and it was just different.

“So I hear you will be going to A.B.U Zaria for remedial.” he said.

“Yes. Unfortunately I didn’t make the cut off mark for medicine.” she said.

“It’s okay. I know you will eventually get admitted. I really have a lot of respect for you science students.”

“Thanks for the optimism. I respect you social science student too.” she eyed him.

“We both know that’s not true.” he said and they laughed. “You are just trying to be nice.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
More updates?
Re: Behind Her Veil by princessadeola(f): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
weldone kent

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by ttime(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Currently on 2nd page.
Nice story. So...
Following.

BTW... This mattkent guy gather femalefans oo

Ehem...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by Marshalees10(m): 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nice one bro. Keep it coming. We are really enjoying this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 11:50pm On Oct 19, 2015
grin Nice one Kent. twas worth the wait afterall. And nice turn of eventswink. Observing Janelle though

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 20, 2015
donkross1:
More updates?
Yes...more update today.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2015
princessadeola:
weldone kent
Thanks princess. Being a while tho.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2015
ttime:
Currently on 2nd page.
Nice story. So...
Following.

BTW... This mattkent guy gather femalefans oo

Ehem...

Thanks dude.

I swear na these ladies dey help my ministry for here. I no fit thank them enuf.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2015
Marshalees10:
Nice one bro. Keep it coming. We are really enjoying this.

Thanks Marsh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.