Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Behind Her Veil - Literature (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind Her Veil (450754 Views)

Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil / Behind Her Veil (ebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind Her Veil by Aipete2(f): 11:12am On Oct 26, 2015
DandyPearl:
undecideddonkross1, donkross1, donkross1. How many times I call you? You sure say your evil bae neva carry Kent go because she know say she go end up with you last angry Biko just tell ur bae to leave Kent alone ooo. Hen hen. But Mattkent#Sighs#. Meanwhile HBD Aipete2. GGMUB.
thanks dear
Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2015
Aipete2:
Mattkent, i need updates today cos its my birthday
Hbd 2 u,WULLNP
Re: Behind Her Veil by toyeanlawlah(f): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2015
now am beginning to feel joblez! but am not....... I kip checkn evry min jst 2 gt @lst an upd8.
sumbdy plz beg Mattkent 2 kum ova here na... hz attention z badly nided coz I cnt afford 2 miss da end of dz story......
Re: Behind Her Veil by Ephhay(f): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Wow!! very nyc story, ur so talented. Well done.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
DandyPearl:
undecideddonkross1, donkross1, donkross1. How many times I call you? You sure say your evil bae neva carry Kent go because she know say she go end up with you last angry Biko just tell ur bae to leave Kent alone ooo. Hen hen. But Mattkent#Sighs#. Meanwhile HBD Aipete2. GGMUB.
Leave my babe joor..... Hbd Aipete2
Re: Behind Her Veil by olawaleanu55(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
oya nah
Re: Behind Her Veil by Marshalees10(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nawa o. I don wait tire. Matt where are u? U Beta come and finish what u've started o. Unless u want to complete the story in a police cell.
Re: Behind Her Veil by MhizEnkay(f): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babysuccess02:
For me sha... me tink xay na sadiq himself be d non-human o ;DFor me sha... me tink xay na sadiq himself be d non-human o . Anyways cngrt bro. Keep it up.

lol. funny you.

2 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by FruityLass: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Longing for more updates pls

By the way, weldone Op.
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
Dz matter don pass play play oo. Where mattkent dey na. DandyPearl Oya begin #bringbackmattkent movement asap.....
Re: Behind Her Veil by Rukkydelta(f): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
Matt where are thou ?
Re: Behind Her Veil by Babysuccess02(f): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sadiq oo.. Wer is mattkent
Re: Behind Her Veil by olawaleanu55(m): 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
cry[b][/b][color=#000000][/coloWHERE IS HED MATTER IS GETTING OUT OF HAND....
Re: Behind Her Veil by olawaleanu55(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
[b][/b] O.M.G
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
donkross1:
Dz matter don pass play play oo. Where mattkent dey na. DandyPearl Oya begin #bringbackmattkent movement asap.....
Join the #BringBackMattkent# movement.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
#bringbackmattkent

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by St8updiva(f): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2015
now yo do it all wrong. I got ur story today and got to the last page today, can't believe you've been purging in d toilet since and u forgot ur readers here. It's reall a wonderful job done with a unique plot and original settings
Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 5:38am On Oct 28, 2015
#bringbackmattkent
#bringbackmattkent
#bringbackmattkent
#bringbackmattkent

#bringbackmattkent

#bringbackmattkent

#bringbackmattkent
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 28, 2015
#bringbackmattkent
Re: Behind Her Veil by Marshalees10(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2015
#bringBackOurStory#
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Ha cry I was just gone for few days na. I av been suffering from writer's block. no inspiration av been coming lately at all.

with d number of mentions I am seeing, I am really scared u pple r gonna roast me now. really sorry tho.

Donkross1 n dandypearl I see you two. and to the new readers welcome onboard. I don't think I will be able to mention everyone but don't worry d inspiration is back.... tnx to someone special wink
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2015
omophuneh9:
Can't believe I've joined in the train...op u're simply da best but u saying its a true life story sends shivers down my spine...do we really have those sort of demons amongst us?

it's a true story, but 80% is fiction.. abt d non human...someone once told me a true life story abt an encounter with them so I know they r among us.

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2015
olawaleanu55:
[b][/b] O.M.G
Boss really sorry for d delay.
Re: Behind Her Veil by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2015
They left for the couples resident where the after party was to take place. It was a relatively big house, a duplex. The house security light shone brightly across the street, revealing the numerous guest vehicles that lined up at each sides of the almost narrow street.

“This is the place.” Angela, Jennifer’s friend informed her as they got down from the car.

Jennifer grabbed her hand bag, allowing it to dangle from her arm.

The blue colored gate was widely opened, welcoming the numerous guests that buzzed in and out.

“These couples must be filthy rich!” remarked Jennifer.

“You think say to be minister na for mouth!” said Angela.

“The groom na minister?” asked Jennifer.

“No na the groom papa be minister. But the groom sef get strong leg.” she replied and waved at a young man that walked past them.

“I must get one maga from this party!” Jennifer excitedly with a determined look. She knew it won’t be a problem for her to get connection here. All she has to do is appear to be in distress while looking exquisite and any man would fall for her. It’s that easy.

They were standing at one end of the compound, observing the guests. The compound wasn’t too big, but it was big enough to accommodate the guests that were present. Some of the guests had entered the living room, some occasionally carrying their empty glass to the bartender for refill.

Both of them mingled with the guests. Jennifer was trying to get one or two connections while her friend was trying to help her achieve same purpose. After they had circled the compound twice with no hope, Jennifer’s friend finally found the right choice. Or so she thought.

“Jennifer come here. I found him!” she said.

“Where is he?” Jennifer desperately as though they were shopping.

“See inside the house, the living room, that guy sitting at the bar.” she pointed.

“The one with the white native?” asked Jennifer.

“Yes. The one wearing white native without a cap.” she affirmed.

“Who is he?” asked Jennifer.

“That’s the bride’s cousin. He is a free ticket for you. If I weren’t single I would have nabbed him.” She said.

Jennifer laughed. “You no serious.”

“Na you sabi. Go meet am.” said Angela, pushing her forward.

Her makeup was still intact and her perfume trailed her as she moved forward, leaving those behind her to raise their nose as she passes them.

“Hi.” she alerted the young man who was backing her and sipping a glass of wine.

“Hel….loo..” he began to say before looking backwards.

“You!?” exclaimed Jennifer.

“I am sorry do I know you?” he asked as though he has never seen her in his whole life.

“Aren’t you the drink guy from this morning?” she asked. She can never forget a face so quickly, especially one with a name she thought was weird.

“I don’t think we have met before.” he feigned ignorance while still sipping his drink comfortably.

“It’s you. You said your name was; Kross.” she remembered.

“That’s actually my name. But I am very sure we’ve never met before.” he claimed.

“Give me a minute.” She said waving a finger at him and going back to meet her friend and possibly strangle the life out of her for the embarrassment.

“What happened?” Angela asked curiously.

“Are you sure that is the guy you wanted me to meet?” she asked her.

“Of course. I know him very well. His name is Kross. I think he is the bride’s favorite cousin sef. Very simple guy.” She said.

“Mo gbe o!” exclaimed Jennifer.

“What happen na?” her friend confused.

“The guy approached me this morning. If you see the way I embarrass am!” she explained bitterly.

“Nawa for you o. You see where your too much ego don put you now?!” she said.

“And the guy was very nice when he approached me. Even when i spoke rudely to him.” Jennifer, stealing a gaze at him.

“See ehn just go and apologize to him. I am sure he has even forgotten about the incident.”

“Forgotten kini? He is even claiming that we’ve never met before.” Jennifer sadly.

“Just go and meet him.” She pushed her forward, but she retracted. “Nawa o! I have never seen just one guy intimidate you this much, it usually take a number of guys to do that.”

“I don’t know why?” she replied as though a spell has been casted on her.

“Go before he leaves!” she pushed Jennifer forward once more. Jennifer couldn’t resist this time as Kross had looked back. She would look childish if she turns back. She walked towards him, eyeing Angela in the process.

“I am really sorry about this morning. I was just in a bad mood and I took it out on you.” She pleaded to the non attentive Kross.

“I know you remember me. I would appreciate if you acknowledge me and forgive me.” She continued.

She kept talking for more than five minutes without him responding. He was just sipping his drink and nodding his head to the slow pace music that filled the air.

“My name is Jennifer by the way. Sorry I didn’t introduce myself this morning.” She paused then added. “Don’t get the wrong impression though. I am not falling for you. I don’t find you attractive or good looking. You are not cute either. I have met…….”

“Shut up.” he said grabbing his drink and gulped it down. “Let’s dance!” he ordered, pulled her along till they were at the middle of the living room. His palm clamped hers while his left hand held her by her waist.

“I don’t know how to dance!” she muttered to him embarrassingly. She wasn’t just embarrassed because she can’t dance but because they were the only ones dancing in the room, and all eyes were on them.

“Just follow my lead.” He ordered again as they swayed around the room like floating kite.

Her eyes were transfixed on his. Contrary to her claim about not finding him attractive, she did find him attractive. In fact she found him extremely attractive and cute. She wasn’t falling for him, but had fallen for him! She has never fallen for anyone ever. The feeling was new. It was an alien feeling because she has never felt this way in her entire life.

Apart from his good looks, it was probably because of the way he smiled at her after she had insulted him earlier today. The way he ignored her when she was apologizing and how he ordered her to dance with him. He was very gentle yet commanded authority which she couldn’t resist. These were what attracted her to him, probably because no guy has ever been able to make her feel this way.

There were murmurs from the guests who watched them dance. Some of them thought they made a perfect couple. Inspired by their act, an elderly man had asked his wife to dance and in succession a number of other couples joined them.

The current music playing sounded like salsa. Kross did some fantastic footsteps then twirled Jennifer round like a spinning bottle before letting her go and walked away instantly without a word. He just walked past the other dancing couples and was gone leaving Jennifer standing there breathlessly, turning her head to see if she can find him, but he was gone!

‘What sort of devil was this guys’ she thought to herself. He was a devil a good…good devil. He had made her his slave and abandoned her while she was twirling like a tornado. Her heart had become a twirling tornado. She didn’t know what she was feeling and he didn’t at least leave his number for her to be able to reach him and find out what he did to her.

She had come to this party to steal a man’s heart, but seems it’s her heart that has been stolen. It was almost like a thief getting robbed in the process of robbing someone else!

“How did it go?” asked Angela when Jennifer approached her like a zombie.

“I need a hug” she blurted. Angela kind of understood. She didn’t question her. She just dragged her closer and wrapped her arms around her.

“He just left like that. No goodbye. No word.” murmured Jennifer bitterly, still in Angela’s embrace.

“It’s okay. I think I can help you get his contact.” said Angela.

Jennifer released herself from her embrace.

“Really? You can?” she asked.

“I told you his cousin is my friend.” replied Angela.

“I will never be able to repay you if you can do this for me!” Jennifer said. Whoever this guy is, or think he is, he definitely left a lasting impression. The type Jennifer wasn’t going to forget in a hurry.

3 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by Soft10(m): 9:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Mattkent..first to read 2day updates

3 Likes

Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 9:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Welcome back Kent. Good to have you back. Tell the special someone a big thank you from us all. We appreciate. Jennifer though, God yaff catch her!!! She think say she fit use our own kross wash like that. She finally met her match. Congrats donkross1 but softly treat her shaundecided
Re: Behind Her Veil by heemah(f): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Finger crossed...Kross and Jennifer! Thanks for the update Mattkent

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Afz9095(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Wellcome mattkent. Don kroos congrat,i tink say na only girls dey form bt u proof me wrong. M sure u leave her cos u knw she will surely gt ur contact 4rm her friend

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by donkross1(m): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2015
grin grin feeling like a bad guy.... Mattkent I been dey vex for you before buh I no vex again...... Free drinks for everyone cheesy

DandyPearl you too like free things undecided
Re: Behind Her Veil by Zeedarh(f): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Started yesterday and here i am now. smiley

Mattkent, thanks for this sweet and wonderful ride. I enjoyed every bit it; i must confess grin

To those who kept this thread alive : @donkross, @heemah, @DandyPearl, & @others,wink thanks too. wink

Oya, Mattkent, ayam waiting grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Behind Her Veil by Sageez(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2015
donkross1:
grin grin feeling like a bad guy.... Mattkent I been dey vex for you before buh I no vex again...... Free drinks for everyone cheesy

DandyPearl you too like free things undecided
because u don finally hear about ur gal abi? God bless cross abi na kross
Re: Behind Her Veil by DandyPearl(f): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
DandyPearl you too like free things undecided[/quote] undecideddonkross1 mind urself oo. Infact Kent let Jennifer use kross do shakara small he don wan dey form here. @ zeerdah welcome jawe. Nd thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (91) (Reply)

NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.