Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC (42803 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
kenedy175:

Lol... Make I catch you book space again. Sambisa straight!
No wahala, provided u go dey my front. #Sambisa expect 2 visitors shortly tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by joedsuperstar(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=28pt]SO?
The annual National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme does not create jobs for the hundreds of thousands of Nigerian graduates and the N74bn allocated to NYSC Scheme annually is shared by all the contractors who have been the major beneficiaries of the scheme that many see as nothing more than a scam.[/size]

I like your font size... It shows how senseless you are. It is people of your type that'd say ur proficient in microsoft word.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by butanep(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
You made a point bro. They are more or less errant boys or girls.

My friends that was posted to a university never lectured for one day. He was throwed to the lab where he was doing errant boy.

He didn't even have the opportunity of even dictating note or coping the lecturer's assignment on the board for the student.
Bluffly:

Does it make any difference? First Class, Second Upper or lower, the only thing you will be doing is carrying back up and down. You can never lecture, so what is the point. That does not mean you will study your masters free with the institution because you are not even a staff. Please free me joo
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by August21(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good move...angry it wasn't implemented in my time.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by abei: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
vanen2:
It was implemented in 2015 batch A. . . No be new thing
IT WASNT IMPLEMENTED ANYWHERE.
MA FOLKS WHO CAME OUT WITH FIRST CLASS ARE ALL IN SOME REMOTE VILLAGES IN IMO STATE...

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
From experience and observation, most First Class Products actually turn out to be terrible lecturers.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by STEVENcrack(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm..that's a nice initiative. How I wished this was implemented 3years ago by Brigadier okore offia I would have served in a tertiary institution and maybe a lecturer by now.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yes! Finally!
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by abei: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
.. D BEST IDEA SHOULD BE POSTING BASED ON YOUR DISCIPLINE... DR. TO HOSPITALS, ACCOUNTANTS TO BANKS, ENGINEERS TO ENGINEERING FIRMS.. THAT GOES A LONG WAY IN HELPING THE INEXPERIENCED FRESH GRADUATES!! D PASSION TO SERVE WILL HIGH-UP

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by macjireh: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
this is d first time ever that NYSC is thinking well
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by osomegbe(m): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
The discrimination that we are preaching against is perfectly practiced on Nairaland in the highest order.
" First Class Graduates to Serve In Tertiary Institution" but the news read First class and Distinction Graduates.
SEUN PLEASE REVERT

I DEY VEX SERIOUSLY E DON BOIL WATER ALREADY.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
abei:
D BEST IDEA SHOULD BE POSTING BASED ON YOUR DISCIPLINE...
DR. TO HOSPITALS, ACCOUNTANTS TO BANKS,
ENGINEERS TO ENGINEERING FIRMS..
THAT GOES A LONG WAY IN HELPING THE INEXPERIENCED FRESH GRADUATES!!
D PASSION TO SERVE WILL HIGH-UP

zoologist to the zoo
that would make individuals to secure spaces where the are not called. because the have connection

Microbiologist in the bank
Engineer in hospital
igbo linguist at shell

if only It would be followed strictly
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
guniwedi:
It is not about first class in labour market, it is about what you can deliver

Undue emphasis on 1st Class and certificates in Nigeria.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Omotayor123(f): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lies... My brother graduated with a first class And he was posted to one local Secondary school...
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Coolcash1: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
haibe:
why

Because they are very sound too.
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by MevsU(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
peeta89:
It's a good idea though. But on the other hand most people with first class degree cram to pass so how will they impact knowledge into their various students when they are posted to universities for their primary assignments.

First class degree is not a yard stick for ones intelligence and brilliance.

My opinion though.

grin
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by intrinsicniyi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scrap! Scrap!! Scrap!!! Someone should please scrap dis scheme.

It doesn't worth the stress.

#TeamAbiaState&IHateNYSC
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
Henhen......hw does Dat affect 19,800
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
bigv:
Can someone pls scrap this scheme?
It's a waste of time really.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by tall2ce(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
I finished with 2:1 and was posted to O.A.U batch A 2015
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
fkaz:

http://thenationonlineng.net/first-class-graduates-to-serve-in-tertiary-institutions-nysc/
pls a private university first class shud nt go to govt univ . if nt they will disgrace their sef, family ,school nd both d chancellor nd their lecturers o

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by dancoolD(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good thinking
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by byzantium: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
That's good development. Hard work should be encouraged.
Not easy to grad with distinction or first class.
I knew the sacrifices I made to achieve mine.
By God's grace I'm doing well today.
Thumbs up for the nysc boss
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by engrsoma(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
peeta89:
It's a good idea though. But on the other hand most people with first class degree cram to pass so how will they impact knowledge into their various students when they are posted to universities for their primary assignments.

First class degree is not a yard stick for ones intelligence and brilliance.

My opinion though.

in the real world, intelligence is just a fraction of what you need.

To make first class, you must have determination, a zeal to succeed, and you must maintain this throughout your 5 or 4 years of learning, which is perseverance.

First class may not be a yard stick for success, but atleast you are employing an individual with the characteristics mentioned above.

if most of the first class crams, why didn't those with 2:1 cram to make it also since they know beforehand the discrimination in the job market?

4 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by possibilita(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Very very good wow nysc am coming hmmm nxt year graduate in hnd polymer tech n serving as a lecturer or tech of polymer engr,polymer chemistry or product design n fabrication or chemical analysis @ uniilor or uniport God ma dream is coming true.

1 Like

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by haibe(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Coolcash1:

Because they are very sound too.
so the 2:2 and 3rd class aaren't sound too?
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by AreaFada2: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
NurseJP:
I love the plan,Dear Lord,as I Am close to graduuatinwith 1st class,if you grant it to me,I won't relent to IMPACT my knowledge to the younger ones!
Impart, sir. This is not ITK but because you intend to teach others.

2 Likes

Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by davefunkz(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
ninodaniel:
Third class students will serve in d motor park while pass students to serve in prisons. cool

Luv this post grin
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Jasperwhizz(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
GOD IS WITH ME, I BELIEVE IN CHRIST!
Re: First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bluffly:

Does it make any difference? First Class, Second Upper or lower, the only thing you will be doing is carrying back up and down. You can never lecture, so what is the point. That does not mean you will study your masters free with the institution because you are not even a staff. Please free me joo
If they don't lecture there, what then do they do there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed / Photo Of Zamfara Corper, Esi Uwakwe Who Was Beaten & Slapped By Police / 2017 NYSC Batch B Stream 1 Call Up Letters Are Out. Indicate Your State Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.