Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? (43570 Views)

See What The North Wished Jonathan When He Was President (pics) / U.S. Institute Of Peace Confirms Aisha Buhari's Visit On Its Twitter & Facebook / Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by InvertedHammer: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
/
it is what it is.

We expect USA to ......

Nigeria is a country of its own and not the 51st state in USA.

USA can promise and are not under any obligation to deliver. They don't owe Nigeria sh#t. If you fvckers cannot get your house in order, don't expect a stranger to do. I find it annoying that the most input you get from so-called educated (albeit ignorant) folks from Nigeria is the notion that the world is a welfare organization where Nigeria's only job is to stretch out hands for free hand outs.
God forbid Nigerians think.and be able to develop their own weapons and logistics. And you still want to rub shoulders with Oyibo? Let the wailing continue. USA has oil in abundance now in their backyard so Nigeria is inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Heluwajohnson(m): 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ur brain is a replica of coconut;akara head cheesy
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by philips70(m): 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
Op kindly read through this report. If he didn't achieve any other thing but this comes to fruition I will gladly say he achieved more than he bargained for. I would have disregarded this report but it is obviously devoid of the usual media sensational reports.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/23/prosecution-former-oil-minister-alison-madueke-purge-corrupt-judges-dominate-buhari%E2%80%99s

...The Nigerian president went to the Monday meeting with a delegation that included Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State.

High on the agenda was to discuss American support for a vast investigation of racketeering schemes spearheaded by Ms. Alison-Madueke and several of her cohorts in the oil sector who conspired to deprive the Nigerian treasury of billions of dollars that went to private interests.

A source with authoritative information on the meeting told SaharaReporters that the US Justice Department provided President Buhari with a dossier listing numerous participants in the theft of several billions of dollars. US authorities also pledged to offer further documents on condition that Nigerian prosecutors demonstrate a focused and determined effort to pursue ethical and serious prosecution.

Our source revealed that the documents submitted and promised by the US disclose how Mrs. Alison-Madueke and her cohorts used several offshore accounts to move money between Switzerland and Germany.

According to our source, the name of Kola Aluko featured prominently in the discussion and documents. Mr. Aluko, a player in the oil sector who was picked by Ms. Alison-Madueke as a front for some of her more egregious deals, emerged in the last five years from relative obscurity to become one of Africa’s richest people.

Mr. Aluko, who fell out with the former Petroleum Minister after he reportedly started dating former superstar model Naomi Campbell, has acquired a stunningly expensive yacht, a retinue of Rolls Royce cars, other expensive cars well as multi-million homes and apartments in such locations as London, New York, and Dubai.

Our source explained that US law enforcement agents, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), spent more than two years on the investigation that uncovered a pattern of obscene theft of billions of dollars of Nigeria’s oil revenues. An FBI field officer in Abuja reportedly played a key role in the investigation of Ms. Alison-Madueke and her self-chosen collaborators, including Mr. Aluko.

Our source disclosed that the US Justice Department officials at the meeting indicated that they would be reluctant to sustain their collaboration with Nigerian authorities unless the Buhari administration set some process in place to identify and fire corrupt judges from the Nigerian judiciary.....
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by DerKaiser: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

Then Crawl back to your hole you dolt, the whole of your bloodline are dunce.

I know about the pyramid I don't need brainless twerps like you to tell me.

Now f***k off.

You are truly pathetic.

It is quite glaring to see that you are proudly stůpid.

If you knew about Maslow's pyramid, please explain then how it correlates to your pointless rambling towards that guy and what the pyramid has to do with his level of intelligence. Simply pathetic.

Your name suits you quite nicely too because I can clearly see now that you need medical help.

Olodo.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Reddit: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
philips70:
Op kindly read through this report. If he didn't achieve any other thing but this comes to fruition I will gladly say he achieved more than he bargained for. I would have disregarded this report but it is obviously devoid of the usual media sensational reports.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/23/prosecution-former-oil-minister-alison-madueke-purge-corrupt-judges-dominate-buhari%E2%80%99s

If you believe that report coming from saharareporter then you can believe anything. Use your brain and think.

1 Like

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by anonimi: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
anonimi:
Please can you provide the link to the trancript of Kerry's conversation with Buhari.

Thanks.

Found it:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/tr_07212015.html
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by ndcide(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
I agree with the @op 100%. If buhari us truly what his supporters tell us he is, then he'll agree that it was a flop. No two ways about it.

Well, his supporters will want to justify every move by buhari no matter how foolish it may be.

Who were his economic team for the USA journey, if I may ask.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by frank043(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
Were you expecting several F16s to fly behind the presidential jet to Abuja? Anyways Buhari was invited by the US and he has gotten commitment from one of our allies to help fight Boko Haram and return stolen funds.

You think the US will help? The US government doesn't venture into any deal that they don't stand to gain 100%. Check out all the African countries they have been to and see how they have turned into a war zone. Making a deal with the US government is like eating with the devil... Eat with a pretty long spoon. Anyways, I'm not against progress, but I advice that the Nigerian government be extra careful.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by CSTR2: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
Captain6:
Op, let's keep our fingers crossed and watch how the new government delivers their campaign promises, unnecessary criticism will never change the fact Pmb is in charge now, even he is impeached today, Osinbajo(same Apc)will take over,We took shits from Party of dump people for 16years,am so glad that change has come, let's be patient and hopeful, the worst is over.

''Unnecessary'' critism is not what is stopping buhari from working.
None of his critics dictate policy for him or influence his government ,given the fact that buhari is unteachable. Nigeria is a third world shithole overan by terrorists and being governed like a cattle house, so yes, criticism is in order.
Tell your buhari to get to work and stop blaming innocent critics.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Reddit: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
anonimi:

Found it:

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/tr_07212015.html

Good one. I was about posting that

1 Like

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by amaben2020(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
anonimi:

N2.2 billion WASTED on a useless trip just like that, chai we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAMMERS. shocked
Scammers or criminals? Which one? LMAO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Ediss(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
RollingStones:

Thunder fire your clitoris.
I detest FOOLS like you.
Were you masturbating when the Senile old fool bubu lamented that America refused to sell military hardwares to him citing non-existing human right abuse by our military?
Were you also ejacula.ting when USA quickly gave the Daura President Loan facility to rebuild the north east but denied the Senile old fool assistance towards eradicating BOKO HARAM?
. Yes he was doing the both. but what is masturbation all about. Killing yourself buy yourself? sad
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Emekamex(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
"Sai Baba" zombies will defend this man, even if he sh(i)ts on his pant on live TV. What irks me the most is that they argue and insult people with no reasonable facts to counter what has been said or presented.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by kenex4ever(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

The animal that cursed the world with your birth was a product of a drunken rage of cheap fvck from her kai-kai supplier.
u r clearly a nonentity, using so much negative words to d extent that they cancel each other to become positive. Aint got ur time, u prolly typing from under-bridge in lagos datz y u use so much gutter words.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=sameer1212 post=36201779][/quote] fool
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by volo112: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
to be sincere with ourselves, was the trip a flop ?

if yes, how can u prove so ?

the best way to tell is Time. in the next couple of weeks, we shall know the outcome of the trip. if there is something i know the trip has achieved, that is the submission of classified documents and some infos to pmb concerning some individuals who robbed nigeria in the broad daylight and told us to go to hell.

in the next couple of weeks, nigerians will see many things happening

Anyways to those that have access to the villa that visits nairaland, pls tell pmb that as a law abiding nigerian, i need only 4 things from him

1. constant power <although i now enjoy atleast 20hrs of electricity everyday
2. eliminating corruption < whether apc or pdp, nigerians want a scape goat
3. nnpc and the cabals < the cabals must be dis mantled,our refineries must work and nigerians payless for pms, availability of pms all year round
4. equal opportunities for employment and youth empowerment< why pay to join the armed forces?, some fg agencies like efcc others,we dont know when they recruit,let there be transparency
5. boko haram and their sponsors should be dealt with, (the guns, the jeeps , the bullets , the bombs e.tc comes from a place, who supplies them ,how do they procure them. what is their source of funding because this things are not sold for 10kobo. An average nigerian cannnot afford this things. it is the rich that is financing this people.

if he can do all this , Nigerians will be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by kenex4ever(m): 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
sameer1212:
I don't talk to losers
who asked for ur opinion? Deranged piece of rag!
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Omooba77: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:

I wonder how any sensible person will always wish his own nation and leaders failure just for political correctness or mere tribal and clannish reasons.
when you were all calling GEJ clueless ,he was not the President.Your hypocrisy stink to high heaven,God give our land peace.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by CSTR2: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
it is what it is.

We expect USA to ......

Nigeria is a country of its own and not the 51st state in USA.

USA can promise and are not under any obligation to deliver. They don't owe Nigeria sh#t. If you fvckers cannot get your house in order, don't expect a stranger to do. I find it annoying that the most input you get from so-called educated (albeit ignorant) folks from Nigeria is the notion that the world is a welfare organization where Nigeria's only job is to stretch out hands for free hand outs.
God forbid Nigerians think.and be able to develop their own weapons and logistics. And you still want to rub shoulders with Oyibo? Let the wailing continue. USA has oil in abundance now in their backyard so Nigeria is inconsequential.
oh well, i agree with you.
And the fact is Nigeria will never earn that respect, because this country will never be productive unless some radical national restructuring is carried out.
And i don't see that happening in the next 100 years.
The fault lines are just too much.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
frank043:

You think the US will help? The US government doesn't venture into any deal that they don't stand to gain 100%. Check out all the African countries they have been to and see how they have turned into a war zone. Making a deal with the US government is like eating with the devil... Eat with a pretty long spoon. Anyways, I'm not against progress, but I advice that the Nigerian government be extra careful.
Rwanda, Angola, Botswana and South Korea, not doom everywhere
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by tuzle(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Hey! Which country are you from?
my mistake i mistyped i was suppose to type it not even long that he came back
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by fx45(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
gesundheit:
Your attempt at English language writing is a failure far (worst) than the Russian space mission
Before you start pointing one finger at someone..... Remember the four pointing backwards. You've got a problem writing English language as well...

Last Shot: It's not our language. We learnt it and mistakes are allowed.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Decibel: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Roll along bro
You're still with the 'garment' of opposition not knowing that you are now an agent of the ruling party. #APCOppositionRulingParty.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by InvertedHammer: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
CSTR2:
oh well, i agree with you.
And the fact is Nigeria will never earn that respect, because this country will never be productive unless some radical national restructuring is carried out.
And i don't see that happening in the next 100 years.
The fault lines are just too much.
/
Iran, Russia, North Korea, China, etc are proving themselves in the global arena and USA is sending delegates to.negotiate with them.

In the case of Nigeria, they run around as beggars and turn around to spite those that will not commit their own resources to help Nigeria. How low can a country go?

The resources are there. Just prove that there are people with common sense in.a country of 150millions. That in itself becomes a chore. An average Nigerian will complain that there is no respect for Nigeria forgetting that respect is earned. Who respects a beggar?

Barcanista even shamelessly had to come to.NL to write how the begging escapade is not as fruitful as it should. If he had castigated PMB for not looking inward for solution, his article would have made sense. Why are Nigerians educated to feel inferior?

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by frank043(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:

Rwanda, Angola, Botswana and South Korea, not doom everywhere

I didn't get your point. undecided
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
kenex4ever:
who asked for ur opinion? My drunkard father is a Deranged piece of rag!
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Obiodunukwe: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
barcanista:
[s]Every patriotic Nigerian will admit that the President Journey to the USA was more of a National embarrassment and a complete flop. He had nothing concrete to discuss with Obama. Instead of keeping quiet, he mis-called his party name "All Nigeria People's Congress (ANPC)". He couldn't secure Obama's commitment in our fight against terrorism nor even discussed policy issues, and give proposal to Obama on how they can help him achieve success in his policies (perhaps he has no policy). He had nothing absolutely to say.

Wonder why Obama left him to Secretary of State John Kerry and travelled to Kenya? Because he realised that the man he invited is a complete joke. Obama means business

May God Help U[/s]s

You are just an illiterate

Maybe you think International diplomacy and politics is like an Ogogoro festival in Okrika.

You are not privy to the conclusions and agreements made during the visit. You are just speculating like the illiterate you are.

As for Obama travelling during the visit, I know you have never attended a University in your life so you dont know that the Obama already had an itinerary prior to the invitation given to Buhari after he won the elections

Like I have always told you, you are a stark illiterate and you can only decieve your fellow dunces on NL.

P.S. How is your Public Relations course at the British Institute of Public Relations going? undecided undecided
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by CSTR2: 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
frank043:

The US will help if your country is productive and mature.
It is like asking an adult to give a child a gun.
The US will not give a baby country like Nigeria substantial lethal military aid. A country like Nigeria governed by madmen.
Check out countries like southkorea, japan, saudi arabia, israel, egypt,singapore that are huge beneficiaries of US military aids.
These are matured, productive countries with a defined foreign policy.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Earthkumy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
Were you expecting several F16s to fly behind the presidential jet to Abuja? Anyways Buhari was invited by the US and he has gotten commitment from one of our allies to help fight Boko Haram and return stolen funds.
How is USA your allies? pls wake jor
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Decibel: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
In saner climes, Buhari and his 229-Delegates should have tendered an unreserved apology to well-meaning Nigerians and honourably resign for this such colossal disgrace. But here in the Zoo, the reverse is the case.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by Earthkumy(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari is not All Progressive Congress member, he's party is all people's congress, pls don't it twisted.
Re: Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? by InvertedHammer: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
Obiagelli:
/
Succinctly put.

Straight to the point. Thumbs up.

\

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo And His Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1937 (Throwback Photo) / BREAKING!!! Miyetti Allah Announces Closure Of Livestock Markets In Enugu / Throwback Photo Of Governor Fayose And Fayemi… When The Going Was Good!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.