Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? (1165 Views)

I Just Cut The Cord With My Father / I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / I Just Saw My Uncle's Wife In A Guest House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by ConfessionsNgr: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
Is he playing pranks on me or am I just wasting my time with him. Does he have a sidechick? Apologies for my too many questions. I'm totally confused. I have been engaged to my man for over two years yet he is not ready to settle down. So why did he propose to me? I've been dating him for six years now. He is financially stable, he works in a telecommunication company while I also work in an indigenous company. He proposed to me over two years ago and when he did I thought wedding bells would ring like six months later but there was nothing like that. After waiting for a year, I discussed the issue with him, he said I should give him more time, and that has always been his response. We had a serious argument over the same issue two weeks ago and his response shocked me. He said I can find myself another man if I can't be patient with him any longer. I was annoyed and sad, though he later apologized for making such comments. I asked him frankly his plans for me, he said he is working on some things-which he refused to reveal to me- that we will get married when he is done. Am not getting any younger, I will be thirty years old this November. Should I drop him and move on with my life before its too late? After all I have other suitors!!

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/149/am-i-just-wasting-my-time-with-him
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by shalomm: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
yes
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by 5minsmadness: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
Is he playing pranks on me or am I just wasting my time with him. Does he have a sidechick?

Apologies for my too many questions. I'm totally confused. I have been engaged to my man for over two years yet he is not ready to settle down. So why did he propose to me? I've been dating him for six years now. He is financially stable, he works in a telecommunication company while I also work in an indigenous company. He proposed to me over two years ago and when he did I thought wedding bells would ring like six months later but there was nothing like that.

After waiting for a year, I discussed the issue with him, he said I should give him more time, and that has always been his response.

We had a serious argument over the same issue two weeks ago and his response shocked me. He said I can find myself another man if I can't be patient with him any longer. I was annoyed and sad, though he later apologized for making such comments. I asked him frankly his plans for me, he said he is working on some things-which he refused to reveal to me- that we will get married when he is done. Am not getting any younger, I will be thirty years old this November. Should I drop him and move on with my life before its too late? After all I have other suitors!!

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/149/am-i-just-wasting-my-time-with-him[/quote]
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by 5minsmadness: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
See how easier your story is to read if you add paragraphs?
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Blonchilli(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
You dated d guy for six years, u r now 30 and desperate to settle down, what hapnd d six years b4 dat six years, Mr. Right abi angry angry
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Cutehector(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
If u hv other suitors den say yes to any of them
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Intrepid01(m): 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
Sorry Op I understand your pain.

But my concern about all this "should I drop him and just move on" is so who do you expect to wife the remaining you.

You said you've bn with him for 6yrs, I am sure you cant count the number of times you have bleeped each other.

More than the times "OUR MOTHERS" were bleeped after having us as children.

Please stay with him, don't leave him for anoda person, please pity us.

He has enjoyed the yoke, he should have it all for life.

Abeegii pity us

2 Likes

Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Make I book space first incase u make fp den I ll cum bck to comment
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by hurpeyeahme(f): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
Intrepid01:
Sorry Op I understand your pain.

But my concern about all this "should I drop him and just move on" is so who do you expect to wife the remaining you.

You said you've bn with him for 6yrs, I am sure you cant count the number of times you have bleeped each other.

More than the times "OUR MOTHERS" were bleeped after having us as children.

Please stay with him, don't leave him for anoda person, please pity us.

He has enjoyed the yoke, he should have it all for life.

Abeegii pity us
Lmao!!! Op he's trying to build an empire for you both to live in..

1 Like

Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Zico4real(m): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by NifemiOlu(m): 9:35am On Jul 25, 2015
It’s easy to spot a confirmed bachelor. He’s so used to living alone that he will list the pleasures of the solo life-coming and going as he pleases, not answering to anyone-as reasons for not marrying. But there’s still hope. To me, it’s easier spotting a bachelor for life than a pseudo-bachelor. Pseudo-bachelors are very sneaky and dangerous. This is one of the most common form of relationships women find themselves.
Who or what is a pseudo-bachelor? If you’re dating a man who has had one or more long-term relationships with other women and didn’t marry them, there’s a real possibility he’s a pseudo-bachelor or ‘hope bearer’. He likes having a woman, sleeping with a woman, eating with a woman, possibly sharing his life with a woman without ever making a real commitment. He often tells women, up front, he never intends to marry, so if and when he decides he wants to cut out, she has no reason to complain. However, depending on some variables, he may not tell you upfront, for example, if he considers you hot and sexy, rich and sociable…the fear of losing you too early will permeate through him.
If you think you may be involved with such a man, establish a deadline. If he doesn’t understand that, you haven’t done your job. Don’t think his affirmative response to such a declaration is a precursor to his making a commitment. He has a long list of many women along, and he may try it with you. If after six months you don’t have a firm commitment, leave.
These guys can be very dangerous. I estimate each one of them is responsible for at least 2-3 women remaining single. They are destructive because they lure women into wasting their time during the years when they are most attractive and most likely to get a proposal. They stay with women, live with women, promise them marriage, and string them on and on indefinitely…apart from different religious and personal beliefs that may set it.
Be wise, so says the sage.

For more details: https://www.nairaland.com/1894608/why-men-marry-some-women
Re: Am I Just Wasting My Time With Him? by Richy4(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2015
Hmmmmm!!!!! What can i say?

Would you crucify me if i tell you to expect a heart break ahead.....

He is financially OK. What is stopping him? Maybe he has put someone in a family way and is trying to figure out to deal with the messs......

I guess he loves you but there's clearly something he was not telling you.or something he is reluctant to tell you.

Please do not kill yourself if you wake up one morning and he tells you there is someone else...

I am not a prophet of doom but the earlier you start pitching your tent on another fertile soil, the better for you.

(1) (Reply)

My Mother Abandoned Me At Birth... / Too Close To The Sister-in-law / Married Man In The House,can This Be True ?(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.