Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

What Is It About BMW - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is It About BMW (3352 Views)

Will You Buy This 1980 BMW M1 For N275million? (photos) / All New BMW X3 Unveiled And You'll Definitely Love It (photos) / 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It About BMW by mashnino(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hey guys, i am a noob when it comes to cars, i mean i have never really owned a car before but i have driven and seen many,

i love the marcedes benz but nt as much as i love BMW..i mean look at the build quality..

but every damn time i bring the discussion up about how i will like my first car to be a BMW... my friend s that own cars and have been driving for years start yelling

like "do you know how fucking expensive maintaining a BMW is?"

"Do you know how expensive and scarce the spare parts are...?"

but i see people driving it and i don't see them frowning...

and i know how expensive it is too to maintain a mercedes... i mean..just to change engne oil

nothing less than 18k go leave ur body... and how ba can it het from that..

so guys, i know there are car masters here... please tell me exactly what i am missing about this BMW stuff

because seriously they are making me hate my beloveth car.... embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is It About BMW by mashnino(m): 2:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
So nobody can say anything
Re: What Is It About BMW by Kashif(m): 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
Your friends are right.
Re: What Is It About BMW by xerotop(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
mashnino:
Hey guys, i am a noob when it comes to cars, i mean i have never really owned a car before but i have driven and seen many,

i love the marcedes benz but nt as much as i love BMW..i mean look at the build quality..

but every damn time i bring the discussion up about how i will like my first car to be a BMW... my friend s that own cars and have been driving for years start yelling

like "do you know how fucking expensive maintaining a BMW is?"

"Do you know how expensive and scarce the spare parts are...?"

but i see people driving it and i don't see them frowning...

and i know how expensive it is too to maintain a mercedes... i mean..just to change engne oil

nothing less than 18k go leave ur body... and how ba can it het from that..

so guys, i know there are car masters here... please tell me exactly what i am missing about this BMW stuff

because seriously they are making me hate my beloveth car.... embarassed embarassed

Owning toyota , honda, nissan and other japs is like having girlfriends. Now buying a BMW and other german cars is getting married.
You need to possess some qualities to get married.

16 Likes

Re: What Is It About BMW by Exponental(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2015
I never owned a bmw but will someday buy one before or after a benz. my friend used a bmw 3series and he enjoyed it. he claimed d parts were cheap and economical. he had to sell it when leaving the country to raise cash. presently, he drives a 5series in US.
Dont be discouraged, make more enquires.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It About BMW by mashnino(m): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2015
Exponental:
I never owned a bmw but will someday buy one before or after a benz. my friend used a bmw 3series and he enjoyed it. he claimed d parts were cheap and economical. he had to sell it when leaving the country to raise cash. presently, he drives a 5series in US.
Dont be discouraged, make more enquires.

hmmmm.... nice boost... Thank you..will definitely make more enquiries
Re: What Is It About BMW by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2015
once you drive a BMW you won't want to drive any other car. Start from the bmw 3 series and come back here and give us your testimony.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It About BMW by mashnino(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
dumo1:
once you drive a BMW you won't want to drive any other car. Start from the bmw 3 series and come back here and give us your testimony.

Hmmm.. Thank you
Re: What Is It About BMW by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
The BMW 3series are the best for entry level into the world of Beemer land. U can't go wrong with any variant.. . Parts are quite affordable and widely available.. As a beginner I may advise u go for the 320-325i, a balance of power and economy....u may however want to avoid the 330xi for starters....

1 Like

Re: What Is It About BMW by mashnino(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
adeniyisavage:
The BMW 3series are the best for entry level into the world of Beemer land. U can't go wrong with any variant.. . Parts are quite affordable and widely available.. As a beginner I may advise u go for the 320-325i, a balance of power and economy....u may however want to avoid the 330xi for starters....

thanks man
Re: What Is It About BMW by billy187(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2015
Beemers make mighty fine driving machines....unlike the sterotype, they can be quite reliable too-in the right hands.

However, at my side of the world, the mentality is that BMW owners are douchebags.
Re: What Is It About BMW by monex(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
adeniyisavage:

how about the 335xi. Would you recommend it. the 32* are 4 cylinders. I am coming from a Japanese ( grin ) V6 world and wont want to do a v4.
Re: What Is It About BMW by auztyno: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
i hv owned a bmw 3 series b4 used it for 3yrs b4 i sold it for a benz...all u hv heard about bm are all lies the parts are cheap and affordable and the fuel consumption is very okay too,and about changin oil wit 18k on a benz its funny to me cus i currently drive w203 c230 04 model and i can honestly tell u ur misinformed bro...gudluck..
Re: What Is It About BMW by ddooskie(m): 1:05am On Dec 31, 2015
Planning to get a 325i as my first.
Re: What Is It About BMW by Abyolah: 4:25am On Dec 31, 2015
Please how much is Tokunbo 1999 BMW 325i series? I need one urgently. Any dealer with a good price please?
Re: What Is It About BMW by duchez(m): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2019
ddooskie:
Planning to get a 325i as my first.
Please how has your experience been? I'm about to get a BMW 325i 2006 for myself. I'll like a first hand info from someone who's used it. Thank you.
Re: What Is It About BMW by alphaNomega: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
duchez:

Please how has your experience been? I'm about to get a BMW 325i 2006 for myself. I'll like a first hand info from someone who's used it. Thank you.

You will be fine. Great car. Be sure to give it to BMW mechanics only when issues arise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

General Announcement To People With Fake Or Lost Duty Papers. / Toyota Or Honda, Which One Is Better? / 2006 Toyota Avalon Vs 2006 Lexus ES 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.