Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' (29345 Views)

How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos, My Experience / The Owerri Umuguma Cute Duplex / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2015
segcymoor:
U would've try to meet them in an open space. ......u haven't got to the root of the matter....Anyway, thanks God u are smart enough
an open space in an unfamiliar terrain is still risky. But to say the least I am shocked that ppl still go and meet total strangers in another town or city alone !!!! It is really baffling . This such of occurrences has been on for donkey years and it is a trick normally used by assassins maybe the new twist now is that it is been to steal money from atm . Never meet a total stranger alone , secondly even if you have met the person once still try and go with someone . Thirdly is that it this doesn't pertains to strangers alone ,anytime u are meeting ppl (strangers or not) for business always make sure you are with somebody. Nigeria is a very dangerous place and we have heard stories how ppl were tricked by friends and ppl they know only to be killed and the biggest precaution of all is to rely soley on God for protection and pray to Him everyday.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by toprealman: 8:01am On Jul 27, 2015
mufutau55:
But why are you guys not reporting all this incidents before Dominion started this thread. I mean since about a year ago...
Your past experiences could have helped other people too... "When you see something, say something".
Let's not think about Owerri or Eastern part alone, this could happen anywhere, even in your backyard that you knew so well. Beware.

Hajji M.
THAT'S MY MAJOR ISSUE WITH PEEPS HERE. VERY SELFISH INDIVIDUALS! THEY WILL NEVER SHARE INFO TILL IT BECOMES USELESS. NICE ONE DOMINION.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Jessdarl(f): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2015
I'm just scared.. Things are happening.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by onatisi(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2015
I raised an issue on nairaland about some years back ,seun and his mods didn't understand why I raised the matter then and it was on members been able to delete their moniker and all data. I said then that nairaland has kidnappers,hired killers ,murderers,thieves,rapists and also good ppl as members who are members here even majority of our politicians are nl members ,that seun should allow ppl to delete their membership,then he didn't agree but thank God that he has now. Yesterday I was going through a thread and ppl were threatening each other and something told me that a time will come ppl will be killing themselves due to comments. the point of this is to warn everyone on nl to be very very careful your personal information which u post on any social media.Don't post sensitive personal information about urself that can easily single u out for attack. Most of the victims of this so called owerri man must have posted their numbers and name on this site at one time or the other . Try to censor the things u post. May God help us all .

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by ojeffo: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2015
If nothing is done about ds lower creatures,they will soon graduate from obtaining money from victims to decapitation of victims for rituals. A STITCH IN TIME THEY SAY...SAVES NINE
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Cutehector(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Dominionng:
#spaceforAd

Honeywell noodles bam bam la la la; bam bam la la la... grin grin
hw can I get dat truecaller software
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by sarzwizard(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by chaikie(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Jesus Christ!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ishilove,come ooooo
idowuogbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been ages bae. Where have you been?
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2015
toprealman:
THAT'S MY MAJOR ISSUE WITH PEEPS HERE. VERY SELFISH INDIVIDUALS!
Let's thank God Op didn't fall for the scam, maybe that's why he was able to create a thread about it.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by iiiyyyk(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2015
NIGERIANS ARE THE WORST SET OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA, IF U CAN REPORT A LOCAL CRIMINAL TO THE POLICE AND MAKE SURE HE IS ARESSTED. SHAME ON YOU ALL

2 YRS AGO IN PORTHARCOURT, A SMALL GANG WAS USING BADOO AND GIRLS PICTURE AND VOICES TO RUB MEN.
MANY PEOPLE WERE RUBBED, BUT THEY DID NOTHING, UNTIL AN ENGINEER, A YORUBA MAN WITH CHEVERON LOST HIS LIFE THROUGH THE LOCAL GANG.
STORIES START COMMING OUT.
ITS CREAZY HOW YOUNG EDUCATED NIGERIANS REASON.

IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANY BODY.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2015
NL gradually turning into OLX?...God forbid... That's how I nearly got scammed by a "hon" that wanted to sign a big fake time fertilizer contract with me back then in Schl...chai...tnk God for mama"s prayer and the grace of God to look beyond greed and judge with my head...

Now if you call and tell me to buy/sign/sell/etc even a block from where I stay I just chill in my room, switch on the ac and pretend travel... grin...when you get there meeting nobody u would realize that you were the MUGU...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Venom104: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Nairaland just dey fuel my paranoia daily...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by bennethuche: 8:26am On Jul 27, 2015
this is sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by seangy4konji: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2015
Why are people coming out to say this happened to them just now when you could have saved a lot of people from this mess long time ago...

Learn to be your brothers keepers people...

Prayers are needed in this Nigeria as we go about looking for daily bread.

We are all looking for all to eat,may we not meet what will eat us in Jesus name..

Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2015
Chrisbenogor:
I feel like throwing up. Bleep!
I have grown more paranoid in The past three years in this country than my entire life put together.
I understand the feeling.
Evil is prevailing exceedingly in the country.
Scams are becoming more elaborate every day.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by flyca: 8:35am On Jul 27, 2015
olu4life:
U all who fell for the rubbish before now are just plain idiots, sorry to say. What stopped u from creating a thread alerting others Some even fell victim since last year but kept mute to themselves. Thats selfish of u and highly disappointing. Did he jazz u also not to talk? Thanks to dominion for creating this awareness, and some would still have fell victim if not created. Next time create a thread whenever a NLder plays a fast one on u. undecided angry

The matter tire me o. Even OP could have gotten this guy arrested. He know it (or at least had a premonition) before going to the so called meeting. And his her shinning teeth (with smilies) telling the story like its child's play. Or does he expect us to start hailing him hero when you could have saved more lives?

Mcheeeeeew angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2015
iiiyyyk:

NIGERIANS ARE THE WORST SET OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA, IF U CAN REPORT A LOCAL CRIMINAL TO THE POLICE AND MAKE SURE HE IS ARESSTED. SHAME ON YOU ALL

2 YRS AGO IN PORTHARCOURT, A SMALL GANG WAS USING BADOO AND GIRLS PICTURE AND VOICES TO RUB MEN.
MANY PEOPLE WERE RUBBED, BUT THEY DID NOTHING, UNTIL AN ENGINEER, A YORUBA MAN WITH CHEVERON LOST HIS LIFE THROUGH THE LOCAL GANG.
STORIES START COMMING OUT.
ITS CREAZY HOW YOUNG EDUCATED NIGERIANS REASON.

IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANY BODY.
First of all the caps in your comment is distracting.
Furthermore, while I agree with your points exactly, I think the Op has done the best thing as opening a thread here is more useful that involving our inept police.
Have you thought of the money police will collect from him in the process?
He will be termed an accomplice until proven innocent.
He will have to stay in Owerri till further notice while he helps police with their investigation.
Knowing naija police this case is a dead end after an hour or so.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2015
flyca:

The matter tire me o. Even OP could have gotten this guy arrested. He know it (or at least had a premonition) before going to the so called meeting. And his her shinning teeth (with smilies) telling the story like its child's play. Or does he expect us to start hailing him hero when you could have saved more lives?

Mcheeeeeew angry
It sounds so easy to type.
How many thieves have you gotten arrested in your lifetime?
As a business man or woman, every time you have a premonition, you go along with police?
You get barracks for your bq? Abi IG na your senior broda?
Let is be real.

17 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by toprealman: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2015
softysparky:

Let's thank God Op didn't fall for the scam, maybe that's why he was able to create a thread about it.
YOU DIDN'T GET MY THE POINT, DID YOU?
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2015
Venom104:
Nairaland just dey fuel my paranoia daily...
It is expected but disappointing.
Ever since it became a business tool, scams increased.
You never enter the scams wey go dey that romance section.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2015
thank God for u.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Dominionng(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2015
flyca:

Mcheeeeeew angry

The NIGERIA I know? Goodluck with that!
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Idowuogbo(f): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2015
chaikie:

idowuogbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been ages bae. Where have you been?
I'm well,sweetie. U good? kiss
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by ismokeweed1(f): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
This is serious, I actually live at that obi motors Junction. . . Why didn't you try to take a picture? I just might have recognized the culprit as even if he didn't live there he would visit this area frequently for him to use it as his stage for the robbery /kidnapping.

You think nairaland is just for opening threads and beating chests? Well thank God you didn't fall prey to them.

And to all those using their smelling fingers to give their own (1 you old) testimony, I am sorry to say this but you must be "higher" than I normally get after a few puffs of my stuff.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by onatisi(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2015
ojeffo:
If nothing is done about ds lower creatures,they will soon graduate from obtaining money from victims to decapitation of victims for rituals. A STITCH IN TIME THEY SAY...SAVES NINE
bros , are u not a nigerian ? The cases u are reading here are about kidnapping and robbery cases , there are hundreds of such cases that happen which are never reported because the victims were killed for ritual purposes. The perpetrators of this are not into ritual or body parts sales hence they allowed their victims to go after collecting their money. The op should know that he isn't smart at all and infact he is the easiest target of all time he was only very lucky. What would have happened if the criminals actually came to his hotel room to pick him up , won't he have followed them ?? Many victims of such tricks never had the opportunity of returning talk less of talking about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by UnimkeAk(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2015
Idowuogbo:

GOD FORBID! embarassed

Hello; am I speakiNg with miss Idowuogbo;

I got a job for u worth over 50m in owerri.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Idowuogbo(f): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2015
Dominionng:

The NIGERIA I know? Goodluck with that!
You do you bother replying those ones typing what they dey see in CSI. You go police now, kidnapper go change story say na you wan use do rituals. No b Nigeria again? *yimu*
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Idowuogbo(f): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Hello; am I speakiNg with miss Idowuogbo;

I got a job for u worth over 50m in owerri.
y me? undecided Your family members nko? Abeg dash one of them biko! See the thing talking sef, you dey chop 3 square meals so? grin
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by delishpot: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2015
This is damn serious o
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by UnimkeAk(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2015
Idowuogbo:

y me? undecided Your family members nko? Abeg dash one of them biko! See the thing talking sef, you dey chop 3 square meals so? grin

Scared of money! Never make none.

I no gt square plate 4 house;

Na 10 round meals I d chop grin
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Idowuogbo(f): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Scared of money! Never make none.

I no gt square plate 4 house;

Na 10 round meals I d chop grin
am 100% certain somebody for ya family tree dey do night vigil on top this offer, you better carry hin blessing go meet am for uncompleted building cus this babe right here, is related to the God that answereth by fire. U go bomb o!!! angry
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Dominionng(m): 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
onatisi:
bros , are u not a nigerian ? The cases u are reading here are about kidnapping and robbery cases , there are hundreds of such cases that happen which are never reported because the victims were killed for ritual purposes. The perpetrators of this are not into ritual or body parts sales hence they allowed their victims to go after collecting their money. The op should know that he isn't smart at all and infact he is the easiest target of all time he was only very lucky. What would have happened if the criminals actually came to his hotel room to pick him up , won't he have followed them ?? Many victims of such tricks never had the opportunity of returning talk less of talking about it.

Micheal Scofield! You think I'd give that information or you think he didn't try?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Become a Landlord with N32, 500 per month for 24 months installment / Amazing Architectural Drawings And Building Plans / Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.