Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' (29366 Views)

How I Was Defrauded Renting An Apartment In Lagos, My Experience / The Owerri Umuguma Cute Duplex / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by ephi123(f): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
I can bet the Mr David or Richard is also reading this thread, your Waterloo is approaching sooner than you think. Wicked fellow

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
delishpot:

I am happy for you o. But lets face it. If they were more prepared you would have fallen.
What crap are you driving at?
That the Op is not smart and that the scammers are smarter?
Or you just want to pretend that you are smart too?
If you really have nothing to add to the discussion, why not just move along?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by delishpot: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2015
mbulela:

What crap are you driving at?
That the Op is not smart and that the scammers are smarter?
Or you just want to pretend that you are smart too?
If you really have nothing to add to the discussion, why not just move along?

Stop being stupid boy. Now get out of my face and dont quote me again until you learn to talk to people with some respect.
You do not desreve any explanation based on your rude attitude. Stupid kids of these days lacking or rejecting home training when given one by their godfearing parents.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by kendraloops(f): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
naijadeyhia:
But seriously guys I have been thinking about opening a private investigation agency here in Nigeria because none exists and our police units seem not to either know what they are doing or they are overwhelmed or just plain lazy.

What do you think? Will it work down here? I read about criminal activities everywhere on NL and ita all a cry for help as far as I am concerned. What do u think?

Hello. How far with revlution? has she been refunded by inspired?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by NobleG1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2015
The big red flag was his persistent to know how many coming.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Oya everybody carry ur head hold something grin God of Thunder ehehe God of fire shocked God of angel michael I say hold ur head tight mr David mr Richard Holy Ghost fire yo yo yo it's time to be bombarded by a striking Thunder nairalanders gbo ri e, all ye scammers it end is near , praise thy lord somebody. To be serious we just av to be tactical with them and please let's report immediately to property section immediately u notice anything . I wonder who born dis pple sef and who dey marry dem, well na small time remain Ti o ma fi te
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2015
delishpot:

Stop being stupid boy. Now get out of my face and dont quote me again until you learn to talk to people with some respect.
You do not desreve any explanation based on your rude attitude. Stupid kids of these days lacking or rejecting home training when given one by their godfearing parents.
Since you do not know your elders, I refuse to be surprised at you lack of reasoning.
Next time try and apply your brains before posting unreasonable comments.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by jaybee3(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
What a country!

The evil that men do in pursuit of money shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by delishpot: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
mbulela:

Since you do not know your elders, I refuse to be surprised at you lack of reasoning.
Next time try and apply your brains before posting unreasonable comments.
Ta! go sidon for gutter. You are too rude for my liking. I dont usualy reply to people with such anger but you this end time child pushed my spirit to such act.
Abeg carry go and leave me alone this good day jor. I nor want quarrel.
If you were smarter and willing to have a meaningful conversation you would uave asked me to explain why I thought if they were smarter he would have fallen for their evil trap. Instead you started with insults and ended with same.
what if I was smarter? Is it a crime to be smarter than someone?
carry your gwongworo commot make my bentley pass abeg. Nor vex, I cant shout now.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
?
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
delishpot:

Ta! go sidon for gutter. You are too rude for my liking.
You are too daft and silly for my liking.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by delishpot: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
mbulela:

You are too daft and silly for my liking.

I don hear. You have spoken well. You are welcome. yinmu!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by KolaShangOne(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
segzy14:

Bros, mind your utterances, please be mature.
Thanks.

Bros welldone o.. I hail..

These are just some of the dangers in this business.. Thank God they are not ritualists Sef..
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by NobleG1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
I took my seat behind him. Driven in style! GLOing with pride! I'm winning a project after-all. I checked my phone to confirm the bus-stop. Obi Motors! Nice!! Mr David once mentioned the project is 4units na...

The criminal is an amateur, he unintentionally sent out a lot red flags from the beginning. For the fact that you actually traveled to Owerri and still went close to the Bus-stop at Obi Motors (the first rendezvous point), you recklessly played with your life. A serious criminal would have had you very easily.

A serious criminal would have succeeded by secretly planting some people around the Bus-stop area, before the appointment time, to monitor any man that arrives at the vicinity and hangs around a bit, which you exactly did!

When the criminal initially told you that he got your contact details from Nairaland, you investigated him by searching his number on Truecaller but the result was 'Patrick', and you also searched on Nairaland but got no match. That should have been the right to discard the whole thing. The amateur criminal still succeeded in luring you to Owerri and you nearly got kidnapped!

Whenever you feel bad or suspicious about something or if it sounds too good to be true, discard it! The criminal and his gang are probably reading this thread now. Be safe.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by stonecoldcafe: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
Gbenke:
I was not lucky?atall. this same David called me for a tiling?job in Owerri last week . i was in Owerri last Friday and just as your story went so was mine. i was taken to an uncompleted building where i was da dipossesed of all my belongings at gun point . i was tied hand and leg while my Atm cards were taken to the bank to empty mt accounts. i just thank God they were satisfied with all they got and let me go.
Let us all be more careful as we search for our daily bread.

This is my problem with people like you. Did you come back to the same Nairaland to warn people? Even if you were ashamed of using your real name which you are known by. If you did sorry. If you didn't pocket your warning. Thanks to op for doing the needful.

Please let's be our brothers keeper and speak up on time.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by 400billionman: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
segcymoor:

Thanks God? But for what? Have you called dominion to confirm his experience. ...because experience they say is the best teacher since u are not in Owerri

But I think I can deduce where story is
heading to...this igbo guy sef.

...wasted time and Aero ticket last year to their tricks but they got nothing from me

If a client requests you to come a long distance, ask him for flight ticket..
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by stonecoldcafe: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
mufutau55:
But why are you guys not reporting all this incidents before Dominion started this thread. I mean since about a year ago...
Your past experiences could have helped other people too... "When you see something, say something".
Let's not think about Owerri or Eastern part alone, this could happen anywhere, even in your backyard that you knew so well. Beware.

Hajji M.

I am shocked people have experienced the same thing from the same Owerri yet kept mute. Nigerians we don't like ourselves. Such a scam targeting Nairalanders and we don't have a topic addressing this scam sticked at the front page of property section? Its incredible!

Someone is saying money was paid into account. Did you inform police when dem for nab the guys with that bank account. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by 400billionman: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dominionng:
...Mr Kingsley sent a text few mins after 10am. "Please can you go to Wethdral by MCC junction, from there take a cab to UMUORI and stop at Obi Motors. Call me when you get there" The text reads. I was thinking of precautionary measures to take when Mr Kingsley called to confirm if I had gotten his text.

Me: Should I come right now?

Mr Kingsley: Yes please! I have personal business to attend to.

Me: The thing is I told Oga I have a couple of friends in town whose contact I just got. They are on their way here already.

Mr Kingsley: You can send them the address na(losing the THIN voice). The site is a walking distance from Obi Motors, let me just show you and go attend to my business. You guys can locate one another when they get there. Please come right away! I'm late already for my business.

Me: Alright Boss.

I left the hotel and stopped an empty tri-cycle across the road. Bargained with the driver to take me to UMUORI. He agreed after a little protest the place being far away.

I took my seat behind him. Driven in style! GLOing with pride! I'm winning a project after-all. I checked my phone to confirm the bus-stop. Obi Motors! Nice!! Mr David once mentioned the project is 4units na... I'd just use my profit to buy a Starlet Jeep or a Portable Hummer at the bus-stop. So easy! This is a testimony!!! cheesy

We got to the bus-stop after like 15mins and I instructed the keke driver to turn and park some 50meters after the bus-stop. My phone rang almost immediately. As expected, it was my THIN voiced Mr Kingsley.

Mr Kingsley: Where are you now?

Me: I'm at MCC junction now. Trying to find my way to UMUORI.

Mr Kingsley. Ok. What about your friends, how many of them are coming?

Me: My friends are just two and they are driving down. Probably they have others with them, I can't say. Is it important?

Mr Kingsley: Sorry. But who is going to get here first? Your friends or you?

Me: I don't know. They said they are almost there the last time we spoke. Let me confirm and call you back Boss.

Mr Kingsley: Please do. I'm seriously late now.

I waited for some 5mins before I called back.

Me: Boss, my friends are at the bus-stop now but they can't seems to locate you. What cloth are wearing? So I can pass the info.

Mr Kingsley: How many are they? I'm with a friend at the third street. Call me when you get there.

I ignored his question and dropped, but called back in less than a minute.

Me: I'm here boss.

Mr Kingsley: Ok wait for me there. How many are your friends and what are you wearing?

Me: A summershade Polo and a windspray Jean(God Bless Dulux) grin

Mr Kingsley: Which one be windspray! Are you the one with a back-bag?

Meanwhile, I can see a young chap with a back-bag at the bus-stop.

Me: Bros, I thought you said you are with a friend at the third street!

I dropped the call before he could defend himself and I called Mr David immediately. Behold! My Kingsley's THIN voice answered from the other end. "What did you say you are wearing?"

Oh really! I tapped my now impatient keke driver, "Nna, start this thing make we go"

Driver: Where we dey go now Bros? And what of the person you dey wait for?

Me: Anywhere but here. I've been longing to visit this city! Na excursion I con do for Owerri and you will take me round the city. Besides, where person fit see beta Nnkwobi at this time of the day?

Driver: Na Mama Oluchi place for that FUTO side but her Nnkwobi too cost.

Me: Let's go there. Today na my birthday!

He whistles happily. It's still a happy day after-all.....

Nah God save you..
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Bros welldone o.. I hail..

These are just some of the dangers in this business.. Thank God they are not ritualists Sef..

Thank u .
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by Chubhie: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
dayomide70:

Hehehehe. Mr David grin, im not in town. Biko! Patronise someone else grin
May the good lord keep you safe and bless your hustle.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by dayomide70(f): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
Chubhie:

May the good lord keep you safe and bless your hustle.

Amen and Amen o my brother.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by fxstory(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
it is well
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by sova(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2015
aasog1:
Mine was at Badagry Lagos state. One Chukwudi kept disturbing me and insisted we meet. It was a thursday and I was foolish enough to go very early that I arrived at Aradagun, badagary not far from French Village around 8:45am, and took another bike inside. The bike man told me that the road leads to Shagamu, and kept telling me that the Shamude village im asked to come is about a mile inside. I was so stupid not to even smell a rat, but thought maybe the client was another novice sold a cheap property within the deepest part of Badagry (cause ive seen many cases like that before). The luckiest thing that happened was I didnt go with my car or they could have taken that too. I was made to sit inside a tiny golf with two men while one went to pulled out my 80k from my ATM. My watch, phones, and small laptop was taken from me. The trek I trek thgat day, I swear Jehovah witness people never trek am sad sad sad sad
Since then, I've left Nairaland property section jejele, and disregard most of the phonecalls I get from Nairaland. I wanted to warn lawyer and create a post, but the mod and I are bitter enemies and he has a knack for deleting anything I post (for reasons hes to chicken to tell nairalanders - and its well known that lawyer and his bunch of goons own the property section, ONLY their posts make frontpage, and any solid real estate guy is treated like Bokoharam threat: an issue I've raised with Seun many times, maybe he's too busy to just give this close attention). Its horrible when people trying to eek out a living are getting this kind of treatment.
thank God for your life too bro,seems this guys use the same tactics,may God safe us all.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mufutau55(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
aasog1:
Mine was at Badagry Lagos state.

Is this the same Aasog1, the Builder? Why haven't we seen any post in Properties Forum from you in a long time..
No more project display either... Welcome back o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by delishpot: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
NobleG1:

The criminal is an armature, he unintentionally sent out a lot red flags from the begining. For the fact that you actually traveled to Owerri and still went close to the Bus-stop at Obi Motors (the first rendezvous point), you recklessly played with your life. A serious criminal would have had you very easily.

A serious criminal would have succeeded by secretly planting some people around the Bus-stop area, before the appointment time, to monitor any man that arrives the vicinity and hangs around a bit, which you exactly did!

When the criminal initially told you that he got your contact details from Nairaland, you investigated him by searching his number on Truecaller but the result was 'Patrick', and you also searched on Nairaland but got no match. That should have been the right to discard the whole thing. The armature criminal still succeeded in luring you to Owerri and nearly got kidnapped!

Whenever you feel bad or suspicious about something or it sounds too good to be true, discard it! The criminal and his gang are probably reading this thread now. Be safe.

Exactly what I said o that one pister insulted me here. If those men were mire advanced they would have gotten some real property in a hidden part of town. What if they had preped well, found a house to use as decoy, used 1 particular person from start to end only to see 19 men inside the so called project.
The OP got away easy and he should thank his stars nit his smartness. That is my take on it.
Its a shame the way people are going about robbing and hurting innocent men and women going about their daily business. Now people will find it hard to even honour genuine invitation to work thereby making life hard for them
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by odehman: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
Wait o...I was meant to travel to owerri 4 a project as well last weeknd but somehow I dcd not to go the clients name is also david said the project is in hez home town @ owerri and hez in asaba so today I tried calln him but hez numba not going tru...tho I sent him a msg not replied yet was just goin tru NL wen I came across dis...hez email is davidchukwuma49@yahoo.com some one tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ am rite...he even asked ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to go to the site and someone wil pick ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ up and asked if I Ђαvξ atm so he wil send ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ ma transport fee i used
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by aspirebig: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
musicwriter:
And the Imo state governor is busy taking pictures with Obama and posting it on every street, while this crime is going on?. Nigeria police need to spring to action. With good intelligence, catching this guys na moi-moi.

Pasting your pictures with Obama across the state with bad roads, criminals, no light, no employment, show gross unseriousness by "my people, my people governor".
In fact, it looks childish to me, pasting Obama pictures of handshake across the state, while Owerri is full of thieves, kidnappers, fraudsters, killers, rapists, bad boys, area boys, even they have one of the worst interstate road in this country, check out Owerri PH expressway, .....it is a death trap. In 2015, we still have such roads in this country , people are suffering and very few oppressors are enjoying.

Tracking these guys is simple, these two phone numbers are enough to pin them down in less one week. Relevant authorities should take up this and make the society safe and sanitised.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by aspirebig: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
odehman:
Wait o...I was meant to travel to owerri 4 a project as well last weeknd but somehow I dcd not to go the clients name is also david said the project is in hez home town @ owerri and hez in asaba so today I tried calln him but hez numba not going tru...tho I sent him a msg not replied yet was just goin tru NL wen I came across dis...hez email is davidchukwuma49@yahoo.com some one tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ am rite...he even asked ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to go to the site and someone wil pick ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ up and asked if I Ђαvξ atm so he wil send ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ ma transport fee i used

So people, shine your eyes.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by mbulela: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
aspirebig:

Pasting your pictures with Obama across the state with bad roads, criminals, no light, no employment, show gross unseriousness by "my people, my people governor".
In fact, it looks childish to me, pasting Obama pictures of handshake across the state, while Owerri is full of thieves, kidnappers, fraudsters, killers, rapists, bad boys, area boys, even they have one of the worst interstate road in this country, check out Owerri PH expressway, .....it is a death trap. In 2015, we still have such roads in this country , people are suffering and very few oppressors are enjoying.

The 419 that Okorocha practiced in Abidjan is still in his blood.
The man is a scammer of note. This things are spiritual. No wonder he is birthing loads of fraudsters in Owerri.
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by donodion(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
olu4life:
U all who fell for the rubbish before now are just plain idiots, sorry to say. What stopped u from creating a thread alerting others Some even fell victim since last year but kept mute to themselves. Thats selfish of u and highly disappointing. Did he jazz u also not to talk? Thanks to dominion for creating this awareness, and some would still have fell victim if not created. Next time create a thread whenever a NLder plays a fast one on u. undecided angry
It's a terrible selfish natures of Naijas...am ugly experience such as this should never be kept under sheets....save someone else as the next victim might be your close relative reading this...its spreading alreading.....power to social media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by musco4me: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
igweamaka85:
Na wa o! Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Mr David part 2!!
Re: My Experience With 'The Owerri Client' by twinskenny(m): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
odehman:

HAHAA maybe its the same david

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amazing Architectural Drawings And Building Plans / Fashola Commissions Oba Lateef Adeyemi Housing Estate. PIC / Become a Landlord with N32, 500 per month for 24 months installment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.