Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,440 members, 7,864,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66558 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
tkb417:

Sauron
if we can get Villa, then ill be fine.
But, i still feel Benzema is also very prolific and hes young!!!

im praying for Hargo to get back. cos we need him badly

Villa is the best finisher in Europe plus he works hard.
If United sell Tevez to Madrid or Bayern Munich, they should put in a bid for David Villa.
Villa = Torres + Rooney.

Hargo will start kicking the ball in July.

dayokanu:

I thought someone was saying the defence in La Liga is shambolic thats why Messi scores that much?
How about the harvest of 4-4 matches between the EPL giants, games that should be tight?

Why should it be tight??
Barcelona 3-3 Real Madrid.

Arshavin getting 4 goals against a top side in a match shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Lil wonder Messi has never scored against an English club.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
Villa is the best finisher in Europe plus he works hard.
If United sell Tevez to Madrid or Bayern Munich, they should put in a bid for David Villa.
Villa = Torres + Rooney.

Hargo will start kicking the ball in July.
not that i agree but i dont mind Villa

Why should it be tight??
Barcelona 3-3 Real Madrid.
why are u answering him?
if it was in La Liga, they will label it the fantastic elclassico, now thats its the epl, its shambolic

abeg, as shambolic as they are, arsenal will spell the rest of europe.
Villareal is a perfect example.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2009
Tell me how many times you have 3-3 in quick succession in a season.

Chelsea 4 Liverpool 4

within 7 days

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4

Where are the fantastic defenders Sauron always talk about when all these were happening?

Villareal represents the other European teams? Senegal type infections
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

Lil wonder Messi has never scored against an English club.

May be Messi is not good enough.

What is the essence of bn highly rated if a player is yet to score against teams of the most competitive league?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2009
nazzyon:

May be Messi is not good enough.
What is the essence of bn highly rated if a play is yet to score against teams of the most competitive league?

I seriously wonder. . . . . .

tkb417:

not that i agree but i dont mind Villa

My Spanish friends told me Villa is their number 1 in Spain, not Torres.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2009
And tell me how many goals CR7 has scored against Spanish teams.

What is the essence of bn highly rated if a play is yet to score against teams of the most competitive league?

Most competitive league? Where the top 4 are the same season to season? Or you meant to say most predictable league?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2009
Someone told me Ronald has played Villareal 4 times and Barcelona twice and still No goal scored?

Tell me how many games Messi has played against EPL sides.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Ronaldo is a winger. . . . . .He plays further in-field than Messi.
Cristiano operates in a 4-4-2 system(he has a bank of 2 strikers ahead of him). . . . .Messi plays in a 4-3-3 system(he is closer to the opponents' goal than Ronaldo).

Most competitive league? Where the top 4 are the same season to season? Or you meant to say most predictable league?

Predictable or not. . . . . . .They have disgraced all the other European teams in the past 2 seasons in the Champions League.
European teams cannot ELIMINATE them.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Atleast in Premierleague there is a reason for that.

Can you please explain the reason why every defender in La Liga simply paves way for Messi whenever he has the ball? Is he that good?

It shows how poor every other club in La Liga are playing.

On my facebook application, I simply chose Barcelona win all against whichever team they are playing.

If Messi were to be in the Premier League, he will be recognised like the likes of Agborlanhor, El Hadji Diof & Cissey. All fast but no result.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
Against Barcelona both games CR7 played as a striker, against Villareal in Spain Ronaldo played as a striker.

How many games has messi played against EPL opposition. 1 against Chelsea, 2 against man Utd the return leg against Chelsea he was wounded by Gallas early in the game.

NB: Before you make senseless comments think it through.

Nazzyon

What do you mean by

Atleast in Premierleague there is a reason for that.
Do you realise Messi has 8 goals in CL too the same as CR7 last season and Messi still has at least 2 games to play. Was he playing against La Liga defenders who make way for him too?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2009
dayokanu:

NB: Before you make senseless comments think it through.

This is just one of the reasons why I don't exchange words with forumers. You always find a stupid reason to pick on others.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2009
dayokanu:

Against Barcelona both games CR7 played as a striker, against Villareal in Spain Ronaldo played as a striker.
How many games has messi played against EPL opposition. 1 against Chelsea, 2 against man Utd the return leg against Chelsea he was wounded by Gallas early in the game.

I have told you several times you know nothing about European football
Messi has played countless times against EPL opposition.
He played in the team that lost 1-2 to Liverpool at Camp Nou and in the return leg at Anfield, played against Chelsea TWICE in 06/07,
TWICE in 05/06 but he got injured early in one of the games and played TWICE against Man Utd.

That is 8 starts against EPL oppositions and 0 goals to show for it. grin grin grin
Interestingly, Ronaldo has copped only 5 starts against La Liga oppositions.
We now know Messi is all hype and no real substance.
Cristiano is the top scorer in the toughest league in Europe. . . . . .Messi is not even the top scorer in La Liga(weaker league)
Forlan, Etoo and David Villa(tkb417's best friend) have all outscored Messi.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2009
tkb417:

Sauron
Benzema is ma person, not Villa cool

But Villa has banged in 23 league goals for Valencia who are in the 4th position.
He has only failed once to score 20 goals in the past EIGHT seasons.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by RigorMort(m): 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2009
Manchester for this life and the next!

Up Man U!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Tmoni(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2009
I thot Neville, Gigsy were given contract extensions till 09/10 season

Most likely Tevez will go to Madrid to make way for David Villa, IMHO

By 10/11 season then we can draft in the wellbecks, campbells et al

Man Utd till I cease,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2009
Tevez wants to leave. hes hld go joh and allow better people enter grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
Our worst campaign is still better than Chelsea's or Liverpool's best shot at the title.
very true!

even when we dont play well, we win trophies
all hail UTD!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2009
Sauron.
Ok, i mean insulting. tongue
CFC didn't win under Grant.
That was bad luck,
Thankfully, we're still in the race for the top 3.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2009
So much scum on the Utd thread, just as one would expect. grin

Y'all should beat Portsmouth today so Benitez can foam a little more at the mouth and lose a few more hairs. grin grin

BlueD you should be worrying about how to overcome Everton - I have a sneaky feeling they will pull off a draw tonight and end your faint title hopes.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
BlueDiva:

Sauron.
Ok, i mean insulting. tongue
CFC didn't win under Grant.
That was bad luck,
Thankfully, we're still in the race for the top 3.

Hiddink is doing his bit to revive Chelsea's dead ambition.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2009
lol Cristalz why did u clean the post naw? i wan quote muki but can't find the post anymore.

Muki abegi this thread no be Gayners thread biko, why asking critz to kiss BlueD?
we don do 2 positive here abeg. We suppoer + and - we are United and we are champions.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
tkb417:

Tevez wants to leave. hes hld go joh and allow better people enter grin

Tevez has started over 30 games for us this season so
I dont know what his problem is. . . Maybe money that
Kia guy is asking for is the problem
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2009
@presido
 Lol, sowwy. Twaz fun, but we were all getting out of hand. I think we understand ourselves better now.  .  . grin

So, got a prediction for tonight's game? I'm not even sure of which game I'll be watching.  .  .I want to watch ours, but Chelsea's might be a tougher clash. Wouldn't want to miss it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2009
Cristalz:

@presido
 Lol, sowwy. Twaz fun, but we were all getting out of hand. I think we understand ourselves better now.  .  . grin

So, got a prediction for tonight's game? I'm not even sure of which game I'll be watching.  .  .I want to watch ours, but Chelsea's might be a tougher clash. Wouldn't want to miss it.

Not a decision for me. I'm watching ours.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
House,please where can i watch the MANUTD -PORTMOUTH match online abeg,i am still @ work and wont be leaving here until 9pm.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2009
TEAM NEWS:

VDS

Neville  Evans  Vidic  P. Evra

Fletcher  Scholes  Anderson   Ronaldo

Rooney      Giggs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2009
Links pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
Where is Rio?

We've got Neville, Vida, Evans, and Evra at the back. Rafael on the bench. Evans and Neville are making my heart skip beats!

And why is Giggs playing upfront? Gosh.

@femilangy
Relax, I'm sure the guys with links will be on soon. Chamo can you help him out?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2009
Okay, just saw Rio in the stands looking morose. Who knows why he isn't playing?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
Hmm. . .Sol Campbell is taking care of Giggs.

We're not yet in full rhythm.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Perfect pass from Ando, perfect chest control and pass from Giggs, and. . .Rooney rocked the net!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
What a ball from Anderson. . . World class

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (100)

Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017 / Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.