Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently (3968 Views)

Musings As An Agnostic Deist / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2015
[b] Hey guys, My name is bananaboi and I dont know whats happening to me. My parents are both Christians and I was brought up in the anglican pattern of Christianity. When I was up to 15 years old I was always opposing the views of some Christian practices. Stuffs like deliverance sessions, holy water and pastors or prophets casting out evil spirits especially from the female counterparts. It annoyed me, I didnt really believed in it, I rarely attended deliverance services, I only wanted to live a normal Christian life, believe in God and do good. My mum is always attending churches upon churches in search of powerful prophets that could wow her in an extraordinary manner. The one that can die and resurrect again. She believed in all of them.

Sometimes in church, I would doubting if heaven was actually real and if God actually exists, but most times I always agree that it all exists but to an extent.

There was a time, a prophet gave her a pack of saint Louis sugar which he had prayed on. He told her to pour it on our newly acquired piece of land, he told her that it will destroy every hands of evil on that land. she payed heavily for it, with about 10 thousand naira or so . A day came and I was looking for sugar to add to my pap, I searched her box and found the packet of sugar. I took like 6 cubes and even shared it with my siblings. It was too sweet to be evil. When my mum cane, she discovered that it was her sugar, she screamed and took all of us immediately to the prophet. He mixed some stuff in water and gave me to drink, and gave my mum a coloured liquid, telling her to pour it in our bathing water.

I never believed that sugar had an effect on me, but my mum was so gullible, she could do anything all for religion.

Nowadays, I hardly believe what a pastor tells me, I might be nodding my head in approval but in my heart, I am a doubting Thomas.
I think I am becoming agnostic ......And I am worried [/b]

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by UyiIredia(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2015
First off, being agnostic isn't a position. You can be agnostic and still be a theist, a deist or an atheist. That said, being a Christian doesn't mean you must believe every Tom, Dick and Harry with a Bible that claims to work miracles.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2015
UyiIredia:
First off, being agnostic isn't a position. You can be agnostic and still be a theist, a deist or an atheist. That said, being a Christian doesn't mean you must believe every Tom, Dick and Harry with a Bible that claims to work miracles.

bro, someone once told me that not believing in totality isn't christianity, that person would still go to hell. This world is confusing with religion in it
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by elantraceey(f): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2015
UyiIredia:

Hmmmmm
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Scholar8200(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2015
First you need to surrender your life to Christ. Next, whatever church you attend, be a student of the Bible and reject any teaching or concept not taught or found therein especially in the New Testament.

From what you have written, you have encountered the influence of strange prophets (and their faith wrecking practices) who practise things not found in scripture. She appears to be obsessed with them but you are the one that ,through prayer and patience, can help her see the fact that these practices are not of God, and these prophets are deceiving her and milking her dry in exchange for nothing.

Becoming an agnostic is a selfish way out because you will be leaving her at the mercy of the wolves (and they are known for their merchandising and enslaving tactics). Besides, whatever family problems that led her to seek solutions where none exists will still persist.

I am persuaded that there might be some challenges in the family that inform her need for Divine intervention ; why not take these up in prayer (if you are a child of God) and even make audible declarations that will be a bond to compel you to pray until something happens (without the 'aid' of these 'prophets').
In fact, such answers to prayer are a strong point of persuasion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2015
elantraceey:

Hmmmmm

please advise me, I want to practice christianity and still have my senses intact undecided
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 9:48am On Jul 28, 2015
Scholar8200:
First you need to surrender your life to Christ. Next, whatever church you attend, be a student of the Bible and reject any teaching or concept not taught or found therein especially in the New Testament.

From what you have written, you have encountered the influence of strange prophets (and their faith wrecking practices) who practise things not found in scripture. She appears to be obsessed with them but you are the one that ,through prayer and patience, can help her see the fact that these practices are not of God, and these prophets are deceiving her and milking her dry in exchange for nothing.

Becoming an agnostic is a selfish way out because you will be leaving her at the mercy of the wolves (and they are known for their merchandising and enslaving tactics). Besides, whatever family problems that led her to seek solutions where none exists will still persist.

I am persuaded that there might be some challenges in the family that inform her need for Divine intervention ; why not take these up in prayer (if you are a child of God) and even make audible declarations that will be a bond to compel you to pray until something happens (without the 'aid' of these 'prophets').
In fact, such answers to prayer are a strong point of persuasion.

thank you sir for the reply. We don't actually have any serious crisis in my family, my dad is always against her jumping from one church to another, and like you've said shes just obsessed with the so called magicians (prophets).
I will think about what you've said. Thanks for the reply.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by UyiIredia(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

bro, someone once told me that not believing in totality isn't christianity, that person would still go to hell. This world is confusing with religion in it

You don't have to believe the person. Different Christians have different doctrines of hell, I would say let God be the judge. One wonders why you worry, it seems your mind is made up.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by afroniger: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2015
Bro, I think it's o.k and indeed NECESSARY to ask this sort of questions. Unfortunately, most religions hinge the very basis of their belief system on 'faith' -- e.g. you must believe the biblical account of creation and the exodus entirely on FAITH -- even though there's no shred of physical evidence or record that places the Israelites in Egypt as slaves or of the Exodus ever occuring (Israeli archeologists and scientists are still unable to find any concrete evidence or proof of the biblical exodus actually happening). But you find that on a closer study of those accounts, more questions are raised than answers. E.g., were the original 'Adam and Eve' white, black, or Asian? How did the races originate? Why is the Bible silent on that? Why was the 'God' of the Old Testament so ..brutal, judgemental and vindictive, in contrast to the gentle, compassionate, tolerant and understanding New Testament Jesus Christ? e.t.c. Rather than answer this questions, religious leaders wish them away by asking their followers to just "focus on Jesus", when even the biblical accounts of the life of Jesus are full of contradictions (http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/apologetics/ShreddingTheGospels.htm)

For the record, I'm a theist. The only self-evident" truth, as far as I am concerned, is that there's a God(s) or Creator(s) out there somewhere who for whatever reason has chosen to hide himself from humanity, at least for now. I've personally proved this beyond a shred of doubt so that's not in contention. Organized religion, as we know it, is merely a culmination of man's futile and delusional attempts to synchronize his ideas to explain age old questions of his origin; how he came to be, who he is, why he is -- his purpose of existence, what he is, why he must die, the after-life -- what happens after he dies, etc.

But you find that even organized religions still experience an abysmal failure and lack of consensus, internal conflicts and schisms concerning this questions, as evidenced for example by the over 400 (and growing) denominations, sects and cults of organized Christianity that supposedly derive their religion from the same Bible -- they all interpret, read in/derive divergent meanings from the exact same Bible, like ? ? ?). I mean, how hard can it be to have a uniform understanding of a frigging book? ? Afterall, man has written and compiled and churned out other books on other subjects like physics and chemistry that many of us have read them and derived a uniform understanding from them, but when it comes to religious texts, individual ambitions to create their own following, churches, and interpretation of God motivates them to derive a million and one interpretations from the same exact religious texts!

Even the Catholic church, at least in a sincere effort, REVISES its religious ideas and teachings every now and then, meaning they concede that their understanding of "truth" is subject to change and modification. Incidentally, the Catholic church doesn't even accept the absolute veracity of biblical texts (and rightly so too), after all, the Bible as we know it -- both old and new testaments) was compiled and preserved by them.

This isn't exclusive to Christianity, Islam is just as guilty with it's Wahabism, Suunis, Shias, Suffis, etc. Even Sikhs derive their religion from Hinduism and Islam. So you see, man's always sought a way to understand a Creator who in his infinite wisdom has chosen to leave him in the dark, else it will cost God nothing to manifest himself physically once and for, but He's obviously chosen not to. But this hasn't quelled man's desire to understand his origins and purpose, and since God his creator has yet to explicitly give a definite answer, he then makes up those answers himself -- that is how and why we have so many different religions with differing ideas and "answers" to these age old questions.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Scholar8200(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

thank you sir for the reply. We don't actually have any serious crisis in my family, my dad is always against her jumping from one church to another, and like you've said shes just obsessed with the so called magicians (prophets).
I will think about what you've said. Thanks for the reply.

We thank God
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by menesheh(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2015
Religion is human invention promoted and nurtured by dictatorial leadership (empires, kings, chief etc) which forces its subjects to obey and never question such ideas and claims of theirs, whether it is true or fantasies.
We are so opportuned to be part of this 21st century, where subjugation and forceful subjection of one's idea to others are going into extinction. 21st century where we can question ideas without being executed, where we can disbelief an idea without becoming an escape goat. Where Critical thinking and making use of one's damn cognitive reasoning thrives. Where one can exercise his/her freedom and opinions on issues concerning him.

It will be a thing of absurdity not questioning and evaluating ideas in order to separate facts (reality) from myths (fantasies), to arrive to a more possible valid conclusions especially with the enormous freedom permitted in our contemporary world.

We continue running and fearing the unknown when nothing is actually chasing and terrorizing us. The fear of the unknown is the beginning of delusion and illusions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2015
Thats how it starts... From been agnostic, u migrate to doubt, from doubt u now migrate to atheism.
U cant just sit on the fence.

And from which perspective do u view ur god? Which mode of praying do u communicate to him?..cos u cant claim to believe there is god and claim also to be agnostic of the religion that told u about god which u accepted. And later come to doubt the religions teachings but believe in its concept of god.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by menesheh(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2015
afroniger:

For the record, I'm a theist. The only self-evident" truth, as far as I am concerned, is that there's a God(s) or Creator(s) out there somewhere who for whatever reason has chosen to hide himself from humanity, at least for now. I've personally proved this beyond a shred of doubt so that's not in contention. Organized religion, as we know it, is merely a culmination of man's futile and delusional attempts to synchronize his ideas to explain age old questions of his origin; how he came to be, who he is, why he is -- his purpose of existence, what he is, why he must die, the after-life -- what happens after he dies, etc.

This is kinda deistic ideology.

BOLDED. On what bases and mechanisms did you employed to evaluate and substantiate the possibility of a hidden god, then arriving to an absolute conclusion of such a weird idea without any contentions?

#Skepticism
#Logic absolutism

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2015
krattoss:
Thats how it starts... From been agnostic, u migrate to doubt, from doubt u now migrate to atheism.
U cant just sit on the fence.

And from which perspective do u view ur god? Which mode of praying do u communicate to him?..cos u cant claim to believe there is god and claim also to be agnostic of the religion that told u about god which u accepted. And later come to doubt the religions teachings but believe in its concept of god.

thanks..I will seek God within myself..if hes real, He will show himself to me

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by bananaboi(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2015
afroniger:
Bro, I think it's o.k and indeed NECESSARY to ask this sort of questions. Unfortunately, most religions hinge the very basis of their belief system on 'faith' -- e.g. you must believe the biblical account of creation and the exodus entirely on FAITH -- even though there's no shred of physical evidence or record that places the Israelites in Egypt as slaves or of the Exodus ever occuring (Israeli archeologists and scientists are still unable to find any concrete evidence or proof of the biblical exodus actually happening). But you find that on a closer study of those accounts, more questions are raised than answers. E.g., were the original 'Adam and Eve' white, black, or Asian? How did the races originate? Why is the Bible silent on that? Why was the 'God' of the Old Testament so ..brutal, judgemental and vindictive, in contrast to the gentle, compassionate, tolerant and understanding New Testament Jesus Christ? e.t.c. Rather than answer this questions, religious leaders wish them away by asking their followers to just "focus on Jesus", when even the biblical accounts of the life of Jesus are full of contradictions (http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/apologetics/ShreddingTheGospels.htm)

But you find that even organized religions still experience an abysmal failure and lack of consensus, internal conflicts and schisms concerning this questions, as evidenced for example by the over 400 (and growing) denominations, sects and cults of organized Christianity that supposedly derive their religion from the same Bible -- they all interpret, read in/derive divergent meanings from the exact same Bible, like ? ? ?). I mean, how hard can it be to have a uniform understanding of a frigging book? ? Afterall, man has written and compiled and churned out other books on other subjects like physics and chemistry that many of us have read them and derived a uniform understanding from them, but when it comes to religious texts, individual ambitions to create their own following, churches, and interpretation of God motivates them to derive a million and one interpretations from the same exact religious texts!

Even the Catholic church, at least in a sincere effort, REVISES its religious ideas and teachings every now and then, meaning they concede that their understanding of "truth" is subject to change and modification. Incidentally, the Catholic church doesn't even accept the absolute veracity of biblical texts (and rightly so too), after all, the Bible as we know it -- both old and new testaments) was compiled and preserved by them.

This isn't exclusive to Christianity, Islam is just as guilty with it's Wahabism, Suunis, Shias, Suffis, etc. Even Sikhs derive their religion from Hinduism and Islam. So you see, man's always sought a way to understand a Creator who in his infinite wisdom has chosen to leave him in the dark, else it will cost God nothing to manifest himself physically once and for, but He's obviously chosen not to. But this hasn't quelled man's desire to understand his origins and purpose, and since God his creator has yet to explicitly give a definite answer, he then makes up those answers himself -- that is how and why we have so many different religions with differing ideas and "answers" to these age old questions.

thanks brother, I really understand you

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by dd12345: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

christianity is not a religion ...not a set of dos and donts...its a way of life...its a personal relationship with God...thats a want you to seek for...the bible ye shall find me when you seek me with all your heart...

i was once in your state few years ago...confused...not knowing what to believe again...saw so many contrdictions in the scripture and no body to explain it to me...THANK GOD I FOUND GOD AT LAST...you too can find God and have a deep relationship with him...just like you know your mum and no outsider will be able to describe her better to you more than you know her...just the same away...

AND IF YOU ARE IN LAGOS...I CAN LEAD YOU TO WHERE AND HOW YOU CAN DEVELOP PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD...

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

bro better face reality..

No shit is gonna show itself to u..

Just do what u got to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by afroniger: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2015
menesheh:

This is kinda deistic ideology.

BOLDED. On what bases and mechanisms did you employed to evaluate and substantiate the possibility of a hidden god, then arriving to an absolute conclusion of such a weird idea without any contentions?

#Skepticism
#Logic absolutism

I don't know whether it's one god or more than one. But I've proven it, satisfactorily to my own mind, that man was indeed created (most likely as an ongoing experiment) by [an] intelligent being(s). I'll try and explain why I think so. Quoting from an article titled, "Can Life Arise from Non-Life". (http://web.csulb.edu/~jmastrop/PDF/RediPasteurListTyndall.pdf)

People believed for thousands of years that live maggots could be spawned from dead
meat. In 1665, Francesco Redi (1626–1697) put meat in three jars, one open, one closed with
gauze and the third closed with paper. Flies laid their eggs on the meat in the open jar. The eggs
hatched to maggots, then young flies. Unable to reach the meat, flies laid their eggs on the gauze
of the second jar and the maggots hatched on the gauze, not on the meat. No eggs were laid on the
paper or the meat of the third jar, so it remained free of maggots. With this repeatable experiment,
Redi proved scientifically that life, the maggots, comes from life, the flies, and not from non life,
the dead meat.

You can visit the link and learn more.

That right there is SCIENTIFIC proof that Life can only come from Life -- For man to have life and breath, to actually be alive, that life had to be imparted from ANOTHER LIFE(-BEING). There's a LIFE SOURCE somewhere, even if unseen.

Also, I'm sure you'll admit that the transmission of knowledge to your mind is limited to the channels of your five senses -- sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing. Look at the planets in the sky, they are inanimate, they have no mind, no intelligence. They can't do what you and I can do -- think, reason, plan and carry out plans according to private volition and will. Our human minds can know, think, reason, plan and carry out its plans to execution. It can invent and produce instruments for the acquisition of even more knowledge of the vast universe, or of the minutest particle, e.t.c. He can cause rivers to run backward, turn the forces of nature to serving human needs. But there remains one thing no man ever has been able to do. He cannot build, make, produce, or create anything that is superior to himself -- a computer doesn't even come close, neither is the so-called 'artificial intelligence'. In short, no matter what man builds, he can control, override, and even destroy it coz he CREATED IT.
To suggest to myself that anything man can invent, make, build, or bring into being could be superior in intelligence and ability to the human mind that created it, would certainly insult the human intelligence. At least so far man has yet to attain such a feat. Now, in light of this simple fact, do you honestly believe that any power or force of lesser intelligence than your own mind could have produced you as an intelligent being? Of NECESSITY, that mind that produced you and I had to be of FAR GREATER intelligence than ours.

I have atleast 3 more proofs, but I think i'll stop here. Like I said, I have proved it without a shred of doubt that man has a LIVING Creator.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by An2elect2(f): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

bananaboi there is a God and my prayer is that he reveals himself to you.

I was also in your shoes some years back, and God gave me eyes to see Him and ears to hear Him. He is "more real" than even the world we are inhabiting.

God knows from before time, that you will be in this position someday and He alone knows how to get you out. Who else will you cry to if not Him!

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
An2elect2:

bananaboi there is a God and my prayer is that he reveals himself to you.

I was also in your shoes some years back, and God gave me eyes to see Him and ears to hear Him. He is "more real" than even the world we are inhabiting.

God knows from before time, that you will be in this position someday and He alone knows how to get you out. Who else will you cry to if not Him!

And when you're asked of proof you'll say it's a personal experience,so how is what you just wrote not a blatant lie? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi....I'm an agnostic atheist,agnosticism isn't very understood by most people because they think it's a middle ground when it's not...It bothers on what stance you take based on knowledge....

If you know and believe a god exists then you're a gnostic theist.

If you lack the knowledege of a god but still believe in one,you're an agnostic theist..

If you don't believe in a god because of insufficient evidence and/or lack the knowledge pertaining to whether god/gods exist or not then you are an agnostic atheist..

If you don't believe and have a stance that no god/gods exists then you are a gnostic atheist...

My advice to you bananaboi,is to simply observe everyone here and in real life...you've already observed that religion or a belief can make one gullible enough to do crazy things.

Now if you want to know a god exists or not you won't know from others who also subscribe to your own dogmatic faith(it would be like going to a MAN U fan to verify if the club is great),it would be from a personal investigation into why people believe there's a god in the first place and exclude other people's god/gods in the process..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:
[b] Hey guys, My name is bananaboi and I dont know whats happening to me. My parents are both Christians and I was brought up in the anglican pattern of Christianity. When I was up to 15 years old I was always opposing the views of some Christian practices. Stuffs like deliverance sessions, holy water and pastors or prophets casting out evil spirits especially from the female counterparts. It annoyed me, I didnt really believed in it, I rarely attended deliverance services, I only wanted to live a normal Christian life, believe in God and do good. My mum is always attending churches upon churches in search of powerful prophets that could wow her in an extraordinary manner. The one that can die and resurrect again. She believed in all of them.

Sometimes in church, I would doubting if heaven was actually real and if God actually exists, but most times I always agree that it all exists but to an extent.

There was a time, a prophet gave her a pack of saint Louis sugar which he had prayed on. He told her to pour it on our newly acquired piece of land, he told her that it will destroy every hands of evil on that land. she payed heavily for it, with about 10 thousand naira or so . A day came and I was looking for sugar to add to my pap, I searched her box and found the packet of sugar. I took like 6 cubes and even shared it with my siblings. It was too sweet to be evil. When my mum cane, she discovered that it was her sugar, she screamed and took all of us immediately to the prophet. He mixed some stuff in water and gave me to drink, and gave my mum a coloured liquid, telling her to pour it in our bathing water.

I never believed that sugar had an effect on me, but my mum was so gullible, she could do anything all for religion.

Nowadays, I hardly believe what a pastor tells me, I might be nodding my head in approval but in my heart, I am a doubting Thomas.
I think I am becoming agnostic ......And I am worried [/b]

The devil has successfully infiltrated the porous churches and planted his own system and practices and it deceives the gullible ones and makes unbeliever of the others who begin to question them.Either Way he wins, but pause for a second and ask yourself if those practices are biblical?? Did Jesus do same??
My brother be wise and study the scriptures fervently it's the light you will ever need.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
menesheh:
Religion is human invention promoted and nurtured by dictatorial leadership (empires, kings, chief etc) which forces its subjects to obey and never question such ideas and claims of theirs, whether it is true or fantasies.
We are so opportuned to be part of this 21st century, where subjugation and forceful subjection of one's idea to others are going into extinction. 21st century where we can question ideas without being executed, where we can disbelief an idea without becoming an escape goat. Where Critical thinking and making use of one's damn cognitive reasoning thrives. Where one can exercise his/her freedom and opinions on issues concerning him.

It will be a thing of absurdity not questioning and evaluating ideas in order to separate facts (reality) from myths (fantasies), to arrive to a more possible valid conclusions especially with the enormous freedom permitted in our contemporary world.

We continue running and fearing the unknown when nothing is actually chasing and terrorizing us. The fear of the unknown is the beginning of delusion and illusions.

Since you like thinking let me ask you this,
If the big bang actually caused everything to move from a center point then why do we have some objects orbiting others?
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Since you like thinking let me ask you this,
If the big bang actually caused everything to move from a center point then why do we have some objects orbiting others?
Are you a creationist by any chance?
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by An2elect2(f): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
davien:
And when you're asked of proof you'll say it's a personal experience,so how is what you just wrote not a blatant lie? undecided
You think i mean physical eyes and ears? sad
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
An2elect2:

You think i mean physical eyes and ears? sad
What other eyes and ears do you have? Invisible god detecting ones? undecided
You've been caught with your pants down an2elect2..
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by An2elect2(f): 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
davien:
What other eyes and ears do you have? Invisible god detecting ones? undecided
You've been caught with your pants down an2elect2..

Ok
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok
Hmmmmm..
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=davien post=36359875]bananaboi....I'm an agnostic atheist,agnosticism isn't very understood by most people because they think it's a middle ground when it's not...It bothers on what stance you take based on knowledge....

If you know and believe a god exists then you're a gnostic theist.

If you lack the knowledege of a god but still believe in one,you're an agnostic theist..

If you don't believe in a god because of insufficient evidence and/or lack the knowledge pertaining to whether god/gods exist or not then you are an agnostic atheist..

If you don't believe and have a stance that no god/gods exists then you are a gnostic atheist...

My advice to you bananaboi,is to simply observe everyone here and in real life...you've already observed that religion or a belief can make one gullible enough to do crazy things.

Now if you want to know a god exists or not you won't know from others who also subscribe to your own dogmatic faith(it would be like going to a MAN U fan to verify if the club is great),it would be from a personal investigation into why people believe there's a god in the first place and exclude other people's god/gods in the process..[/quote

Let me tell you a hypothetical story, am counting on you to relate it to the universe.

If you had an employee and one day out the blue he accuses you of being inept and incompetent in your face and to the other employees all whiles convincing some of them that u are indeed inept, what would you do?
There 3 possible things to do, sack him and risk leaving permanent doubts in the minds of those he managed to convince and encourage doubt in those who sided with you that he was indeed right and you perceived him a threat, leave him be and risk possible sabotage or give both of yourself a chance to prove yourselves.It might seem belittling but after a period his own ineptitude would be visible for all to see,those that sided with him would see the error of their ways and those that sided with you would develop an unwavering support for you.

But how can you level the playing field when you hold all the cards?

Let me ask you this do you think there would be any unbelievers left on earth if God decided to show up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
davien:
Are you a creationist by any chance?

I practice scriptures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
[quote author=Eddlad post=36361776][/quote] An employer has nothing to prove to his employee...they are expendable but i get your analogy...it hardly changes the morality of the god character that grants eternal punishment for mere disbelief and mercy against the law for believing no matter what evil you've done..
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by davien(m): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

I practice scriptures.
Good,so at what point in time did any scientist postulate there being a space-time centre in a non-existent space?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / Which Religion Babatunde Fashola Practice? / See How Bet9ja Was Place On A Church Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.