Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently (3970 Views)

Musings As An Agnostic Deist / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by frank317: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Since you like thinking let me ask you this,
If the big bang actually caused everything to move from a center point then why do we have some objects orbiting others?

when big bang is mentioned you suddenly grow brains and ask reasonable questions. but when the creation bullshait in the bible is mention, you just accept by fate and no question is asked. your inquisitive brain suddenly disappears and any question asked suddenly becomes instigated by another mythical being (the devil).

5 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by onetrack(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

bro, someone once told me that not believing in totality isn't christianity, that person would still go to hell. This world is confusing with religion in it

To be honest, after becoming an agnostic atheist, it's hard for me to take any religion seriously anymore. They all seem so fake. The idea of hell seems downright silly to me, and it is just used to control people through their fear.

I don't really think we control whether or not we really believe or not. We either admit to ourselves that we believe or we admit to ourselves that we don't believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
frank317:

when big bang is mentioned you suddenly grow brains and ask reasonable questions. but when the creation bullshait in the bible is mention, you just accept by fate and no question is asked. your inquisitive brain suddenly disappears and any question asked suddenly becomes instigated by another mythical being (the devil).

The fact that you think I haven't asked any questions and I haven't gotten any answers sings me volumes like
"am wise in my own eyes" and "atheism already has the answers".

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
davien:
An employer has nothing to prove to his employee...they are expendable but i get your analogy...it hardly changes the morality of the god character that grants eternal punishment for mere disbelief and mercy against the law for believing no matter what evil you've done..

So what is your challenge,disbelief of God's existence for "insufficient" proof , dislike turned disbelief propelled by the bitter message the scriptures propagates?

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
dd12345:

AND IF YOU ARE IN LAGOS...I CAN LEAD YOU TO WHERE AND HOW YOU CAN DEVELOP PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD...

I like you comment, but that part there - I don't think there's a place like that. If it was in those days I would say Jerusalem, but in this Kingdom,,,,,,,, it's in our heart not a place or a gathering

Note: i am not refuting the gathering of the brethren. It is only helpful if you've found God for yourself

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

please advise me, I want to practice christianity and still have my senses intact undecided

Bro, I've been there before

Here was what I did

* I stopped attending church, all churches (by churches I mean denominations), but once in a while I attented scriptures Union, which is nondenominational fellowship

* I bought for myself three bibles,,,,,,king James version, Goodnews and new international version. I read for myself the entire bible in a year and dwelled more on the book of Romans, John, the Corinthians, Ephesians

* I surfed the internet asking questions, Google for instance and YouTube, on YouTube you can subscribe to Jefferson Bethke or follow him on Facebook

* If you're not too scared, read some articles written by atheist, gave me hope. Spend time on their blogs (not the ones on nairaland, them be learners, especially davien) foreign ones

* Follow what you've believed, no matter what anyone tells you,,,,,,,,,,,,, that's if you're not already an atheist by then wink

Jesus loves you......

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
onetrack:

To be honest, after becoming an agnostic atheist, it's hard for me to take any religion seriously anymore. They all seem so fake. The idea of hell seems downright silly to me, and it is just used to control people through their fear.

I don't really think we control whether or not we really believe or not. We either admit to ourselves that we believe or we admit to ourselves that we don't believe.

Let's reason for a moment say we?
Say religion is man made and leaning solely on my human tendencies and affiliations wouldnt it be prudent to have left certain portions of the bible out?They serve no purpose if the aim of bible and Christianity is to control and bend wills to higher powers.
Some parts also seem to be in direct contradiction and humans would have been tactful to mend them lest they encourage people to doubt it came from a supreme being.So why would it be so?

Let me chip in this instance to send me point home,
The bible makes it clear that God is omnipresent,omnipotent,all knowing and all, then fast forward to when Moses was taking the Israelites to the promised land,they incur the wrath of God and God decides to kill them but out of nowhere this human called Moses decides to "chip" in his piece going all about how the other nations will learn of how he lead and killed them in the wilderness.Then to make matters interesting God says well...u got a point there Moses,as a matter of fact I resend me decision(To think God is all powerful).I would not make this "error" right here, infact in the worst possible scenario I would write that God read Mose's mind and made his decision.
So why do we encounter this?
What would be the faith of a 12 year old that is raped and takes seed,the doctor upon analysis concludes the pregnancy could be detrimental to the 12 year old,what happens?Is the baby aborted?Most will be quick to say since abortion is against God's word they won't proceed with it, but I believe that particular verse proves that God can be "reasonable" aside his infinite prowess.(wish I could explain alot better)
In short in I believe atheism shrouds itself as promoting reasoning but really it narrows it in a very clever way.I dare say it's one of the devils most clever scheme played on mankind.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
davien:
And when you're asked of proof you'll say it's a personal experience,so how is what you just wrote not a blatant lie? undecided

Davien, it's personal because it's a relationship

If you fell in love today to this girl only you know how she makes you feel, and only someone who has been in love before can understand with you

And if you and I loved one woman at different times, I'm pretty sure we won't have the same experience with her despite the fact that she never changed

So it applies to God. He's the same, but us humans are different. So, we all get different personal experience that's unexplainable just like being in love, that can only be shown by actions
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

If you fell in love today to this girl only you know how she makes you feel, and only someone who has been in love before can understand with you

And if you and I loved one woman at different times, I'm pretty sure we won't have the same experience with her despite the fact that she never changed

So it applies to God. He's the same, but us humans are different. So, we all get different personal experience that's unexplainable just like being in love, that can only be shown by actions
This is a rather ridiculous excuse.

If you fall in love with someone, Oh yes only you know how that person makes you feel but when asked proof of that person's existence you can always bring her or him for people to see, people don't necessarily need to fall in love with that person to know they exist.... when asked to provide proof for the girl you love and you resort to "its a personal experience" instead of providing proof one can rightly conclude you are in love with an imaginative concept that exists only in your head

So you claim to be in love or in relationship with the creator of the universe yet you cannot provide proof of this entity then, its all clear you are in love with an imaginative concept which is in your head.
So claiming love for an unsubstantiated concept places you in the dimension of a mental Stockholm's syndrome towards that imaginative concept

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by menesheh(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Since you like thinking let me ask you this,
If the big bang actually caused everything to move from a center point then why do we have some objects orbiting others?

Read my comment again, there is no mention of big bang or whatever.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

You and I and everything you know,see and do is prove of the existence of the God that am in love with

With that aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I'm just gonna laugh at every other thing you wrote

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

You and I and everything you know,see and do is prove of the existence of the God that am in love with
Everything in existence proves the existence of the material universe and not an immaterial entity you claim exist outside the universe yet you have a relationship with..... Following your analogy of using material universe as proof of your imaginative concept i can also assert the material universe and you yourself is proof of the diamond puppy that exist outside the universe

With that aside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I'm just gonna laugh at every other thing you wrote
More like laughing at your own flawed and childish analogy and your inability to come up with a better one smiley
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

More like laughing at your own flawed and childish analogy and your inability to come up with a better one smiley

Correct!

Oh my! Am surprised you knew that shocked

Well..... Maybe not

You know everything, so that you're lost in your own knowledge....

I don't know any of those logical nonsense you're expecting from me. But hey! I know what I know, now that's called conviction

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by crystalzoe: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

please advise me, I want to practice christianity and still have my senses intact undecided
I sense in ur heart a quest for truth. Jesus is the Truth. u remind me of myself. for a long time I was at one extreme of Christianity legalism had me bound I attended countless deliverance sessions all in a bid to get right with God by His grace I stumbled upon truth
JESUS! who is the direct replica of the Father. don't be worried. God says those who seek Him find Him. its not abt church attendance or religious activities its a relationship. if u seek Jesus u find truth and u can Neva go wrong.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by crystalzoe: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

I like you comment, but that part there - I don't think there's a place like that. If it was in those days I would say Jerusalem, but in this Kingdom,,,,,,,, it's in our heart not a place or a gathering

Note: i am not refuting the gathering of the brethren. It is only helpful if you've found God for yourself
well said! God bless u sister!

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

Correct!

Oh my! Am surprised you knew that shocked

Well..... Maybe not

You know everything, so that you're lost in your own knowledge....

I don't know any of those logical nonsense you're expecting from me. But hey! I know what I know, now that's called conviction
Actually i wasn't expecting you to sound logical at all because the very idea of claiming a relationship with what you cannot substantiate betrays logic in essence.

@Bolded, you are very correct, belief thrives on blind convictions of things that aren't there.
your convictions doesn't make anything true, it doesn't even make it probably true.. it only means you are blindly clutching to it whether it is true or not.

That i have a strong conviction that i can perform merlin type of magic doesn't make it true, it only means i am swimming in a chronic and pitiable state of self induced delusion and wishful thinking
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by crystalzoe: 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

wow! dis is deep. great insight

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

[i]Actually i wasn't expecting you to sound logical at all because the very idea of claiming a relationship with what you cannot substantiate betrays logic in essence.
i]

How I wish I have something to say to you

Since I can't tell God to you, I resort to telling you to God
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

How I wish I have something to say to you

Since I can't tell God to you, I resort to telling you to God
Yeah go to your room and mumble some words to yourself and have a strong conviction something heard you... Funny... Have been there before so i understand perfectly well how it feels...

Don't pray for me, just feed a hungry child in my stead. . .
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Don't pray for me, just feed a hungry child in my stead. . .

Actually, I've plans of starting my own foundation

And there's this thing say when I have the opportunity to speak at any gathering...... I tell them that in their lifetime aside their children they should endeavour to train up a child to whatever level they did their children

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by plaetton: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

bro, someone once told me that not believing in totality isn't christianity, that person would still go to hell. This world is confusing with religion in it

Any being that would put you in hell for not believing is not worthy of your respect, talkless of being called god.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

[Actually, I've plans of starting my own foundation

And there's this thing say when I have the opportunity to speak at any gathering...... I tell them that in their lifetime aside their children they should endeavour to train up a child to whatever level they did their children
Thats beautiful i really love that my dear... I have a plan too about making the little one i indulge in bigger.

As long as your foundation is for bettering the world we live in and reducing suffering of humans out there even in the least sense then am in.. you can contact me when ever you feel like doing that i will help in which ever way i can
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by plaetton: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
bananaboi:

Sorry, you cannot serve two masters at once.

It is either you serve the irrational religion or you serve your rational impulses.
So far, your rational impulses are getting the better of you.

I personally believe that certain people are born with heightened impulses that make them, over time, impervious to religious BULLSHYTES.

Congratulations! You are one the few.

Overcome your fear, walk tall, walk free and exercise your mental sovereignty.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
menesheh:

Read my comment again, there is no mention of big bang or whatever.

Of cause not, I infered u must be an atheist and last I checked that was one of its pillars.(the big bang)
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by plaetton: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

Having a relationship with an invisible person or persons is one of the defining categories of mental illness.
This is something we in Africa seem so much to overlook.
Nigeria has a mental health crisis.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Of cause not, I infered u must be an atheist and last I checked that was one of its pillars.(the big bang)
you see, you were under your own naivete about what it was..

BIG BANG theory is a scientific theory and has nothing to do with atheism. . . It was even first postulated by a catholic priest scientist Georges Lamitre.

so please stop confusing atheism with science. . Many theist as well as many atheist too agree with the scientific theory of big bang....

Get your facts straight next time.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Thats beautiful i really love that my dear... I have a plan too about making the little one i indulge in bigger.

As long as your foundation is for bettering the world we live in and reducing suffering of humans out there even in the least sense then am in.. you can contact me when ever you feel like doing that i will help in which ever way i can

Noted, I'll be delighted to,,,,,,,, whenever my plan is fully birthed

Whatever you're on right now, more grease to your elbow

And I still do not mind helping in whatever way that I can now..... Maybe volunteering
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:

If you fall in love with someone, Oh yes only you know how that person makes you feel but when asked proof of that person's existence you can always bring her or him for people to see, people don't necessarily need to fall in love with that person to know they exist.... when asked to provide proof for the girl you love and you resort to "its a personal experience" instead of providing proof one can rightly conclude you are in love with an imaginative concept that exists only in your head

So you claim to be in love or in relationship with the creator of the universe yet you cannot provide proof of this entity then, its all clear you are in love with an imaginative concept which is in your head.
So claiming love for an unsubstantiated concept places you in the dimension of a mental Stockholm's syndrome towards that imaginative concept

Read the story I wrote in response to 'davien'
Atheist have gotten it backward,God doesnt own it to you or anyone to prove anything for crying out loud,he can create a million of you if he so wishes so tell me why he would show up,cause you dared him?Sure.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

Noted, I'll be delighted to,,,,,,,, whenever my plan is fully birthed

Whatever you're on right now, more grease to your elbow

And I still do not mind helping in whatever way that I can now..... Maybe volunteering
Thats good !!!

It is up to us humans to make things right because we are sure we are here in this material universe. . If we wait on abstract concepts like deities to do anything for us then nothing will ever get done..

If we need to push a cup we must do it for ourselves waiting for a deity that cup will remain there forever, if you see a hungry man know that only you as a human can render help and nothing else can because at least you real and sure of it.

It is up to us to make things right in the planet we live in because it is our home
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
plaetton:

Having a relationship with an invisible person or persons is one of the defining categories of mental illness.
This is something we in Africa seem so much to overlook.
Nigeria has a mental health crisis.

*In my kid sis voice*

Yeah yeah,,,,,whatever, duh

Anyway, mad men know mad men
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Read the story I wrote in response to 'davien'
Atheist have gotten it backward,God doesnt own it to you or anyone to prove anything for crying out loud,he can create a million of you if he so wishes so tell me why he would show up,cause you dared him?Sure.
That he create a billion of us still remains a claim that you are yet to substantiate, so stop making more.

So then why should i take you serious when you make claims of having an idea about God without showing us how you got to know.. God have not been able to substantiate himself that is why the concept rest on YOU to speak for it..

Until you who is the claimant of knowing a God substantiate your claim by proving to us that there really is such an entity, it remains nothing more than your claim.... Goodluck with that

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by menesheh(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

Not all atheist believe in big bang and still, big bang have nothing to do atheism. Majority of Atheists tends to follow evidence and prove.

Even if big bang is a crap, religion still answers nothing about the emergence of the universe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I’m Crazy And Will Never  Be Like My Mother  – Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter / I Watch Pornograffic Movies With My Wife, Are We Sinning?? / See How Bet9ja Was Place On A Church Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.