Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently (3971 Views)

Musings As An Agnostic Deist / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Thats good !!!

It is up to us humans to make things right because we are sure we are here in thus material universe. . If we wait on abstract concepts like deities to do anything for us then nothing will ever get done..

If we need to push a cup we must do it for ourselves waiting a deity that cup will remain there forever, if you see a hungry man know that only you as a human can render help and nothing else because at least you real and sure of it.

It is up to us to make things right in the planet we live in because it is our home

Ahn ahn..... Not refuting anything there
As matter of fact I agree with everything you just wrote

But, am not denying the presence of my creator
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thoniameek:

Ahn ahn..... Not refuting anything there
As matter of fact I agree with everything you just wrote

But, am not denying the presence of my creator
Hahahahaha am not asking you to lay waste your convictions abeg...

At least give credit to the people who deserve it, we all know how you came into existence..it was a long night..hahahaha wink
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha am not asking you to lay waste your convictions abeg...

At least give credit to the people who deserve it, we all know how you came into existence..it was a long night..hahahaha wink

Lol,,,,,, very funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
plaetton:

Sorry, you cannot serve two masters at once.

It is either you serve the irrational religion or you serve your rational impulses.
So far, your rational impulses are getting the better of you.

I personally believe that certain people are born with heightened impulses that make them, over time, impervious to religious BULLSHYTES.

Congratulations! You are one the few.

Overcome your fear, walk tall, walk free and exercise your mental sovereignty.

I am 'freerer' than you.Born free I grew up to learn and make a decision to 'chose' ,you still roam these lands not knowing if your 'heart' is being sought, there is just some level of restriction inconclusion brings.
For I believe atheism hasnt given you all the answers has it?

Why would you make ever insinuate that Christianity is contrary to reasoning?If you couldn't reason radically the bible then that would be in itself a failure.
Let me enlighten you here,

The absence of 'tangible' proof of God's existence has remained one of the most unfathomable maneuvers ever justified by its results. It establishes doubtless proof for those who perceived and finally we enabled to see and raises questions in the hearts of those that didn't perceive as to whether a man who give his all to nothing or if truely there was God.

Its results speak for itself, it enabled 12 people to propagate the gospel inspite of fear, love for the world and relation.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by plaetton: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2015
Eddlad:

I am 'freerer' than you.Born free I grew up to learn and make a decision to 'chose' ,you still roam these lands not knowing if your 'heart' is being sought, there is just some level of restriction inconclusion brings.
For I believe atheism hasnt given you all the answers has it?

Why would you make ever insinuate that Christianity is contrary to reasoning?If you couldn't reason radically the bible then that would be in itself a failure.
Let me enlighten you here,

The absence of 'tangible' proof of God's existence has remained one of the most unfathomable maneuvers ever justified by its results. It establishes doubtless proof for those who perceived and finally we enabled to see and raises questions in the hearts of those that didn't perceive as to whether a man who give his all to nothing or if truely there was God.

Its results speak for itself, it enabled 12 people to propagate the gospel inspite of fear, love for the world and relation.

Gosh!
I would respond to this tangled web of fragmented thought pattern if only I knew I how to untangle this shameful assemblage of meaningless anecdotes.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
johnydon22:
That he create a billion of us still remains a claim that you are yet to substantiate, so stop making more.

So then why should i take you serious when you make claims of having an idea about God without showing us how you got to know.. God have not been able to substantiate himself that is why the concept rest on YOU to speak for it..

Until you who is the claimant of knowing a God substantiate your claim by proving to us that there really is such an entity, it remains nothing more than your claim.... Goodluck with that

Why would I need you to take me seriously,the scriptures itself doesn't bind anyone to its belief for it says" let he who has ears let him hear".
"seek and you shall find" not ' I will look for you so be skeptical' so whence did you think he would go back on his word?

If you want know God for yourself study the scriptures with a yearning heart and the good Lord that searches hearts will let himself know to you.

There is little I can do to show God to you but that's why his word exist, it's all the guidance you will ever require and more.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Eddlad: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!
I would respond to this tangled web of fragmented thought pattern if only I knew I how to untangle this shameful assemblage of meaningless anecdotes.

Shame on me then for thinking you could 'decipher' it.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by menesheh(m): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2015
afroniger:

I don't know whether it's one god or more than one. But I've proven it, satisfactorily to my own mind, that man was indeed created (most likely as an ongoing experiment) by [an] intelligent being(s) . I'll try and explain why I think so. Quoting from an article titled, "Can Life Arise from Non-Life". (http://web.csulb.edu/~jmastrop/PDF/RediPasteurListTyndall.pdf)

You curiously continue attacking organised religion while your own belief is the worst ever, look at the reason you gave above (BOLDED) for believing that an entity must exist somewhere in the cosmos. Not only that, you are 100% certain that it is plausible. Still on-top you quoted an external article. Ok. Freedom of believe.

Now as you said, explain why you said so?

That right there is SCIENTIFIC proof that Life can only come from Life -- For man to have life and breath, to actually be alive, that life had to be imparted from ANOTHER LIFE(-BEING). There's a LIFE SOURCE somewhere, even if unseen.

Life coming from life don't require special scientific prove, you see it happen everyday and everywhere. Your mother gave birth to you and you see other animals replicate itself, it is a demonstrable proof.

Or are you saying that there is life somewhere that gave birth to the first life on earth right? If.... Is it dark or white, where is the place we can find it, who created it or how did it form?

To suggest to myself that anything man can invent, make, build, or bring into being could be superior in intelligence and ability to the human mind that created it, would certainly insult the human intelligence. At least so far man has yet to attain such a feat. Now, in light of this simple fact, do you honestly believe that any power or force of lesser intelligence than your own mind could have produced you as an intelligent being? Of NECESSITY, that mind that produced you and I had to be of FAR GREATER intelligence than ours.

Bro, you don't have to invent any inexplicable deity from your brain because it seems to you that there must be a higher being that is capable of creating the immensity of everything without explanation of how the stuff is, the mechanisms it employed in creating things. It is illusionary and and delusional.

I have atleast 3 more proofs, but I think i'll stop here. Like I said, I have proved it without a shred of doubt that man has a LIVING Creator.

You never proven any thing, start the remaining more 3.
Your proves must have demonstrable mechanisms or explanations that another person can see through it and do the same thing if you ever care whether or not your belief is a fact and not a delusion.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by afroniger: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2015
menesheh:

You curiously continue attacking organised religion while your own belief is the worst ever, look at the reason you gave above (BOLDED) for believing that an entity must exist somewhere in the cosmos. Not only that, you are 100% certain that it is plausible. Still on-top you quoted an external article. Ok. Freedom of believe.

Now as you said, explain why you said so?

Dude, I guess you failed to comprehend where I said that I had proven this satisfactorily to my own mind, meaning that YOUR OWN mind may not be subject to MY OWN conclusions anyway. At least, I acknowledge what I DO NOT (YET) KNOW and mentioned that these views are subjective. If today, I find a more superior proof than what I already know, or one that disproves what I currently believe, I WILL MODIFY my thinking and perspective. You, on the other hand, sound like you've CLOSED your mind to any view that goes contrary to yours. Now, I attack organized religion PRIMARILY because its history is replete with wars, destruction of lives, families, marriages, individuality, discrimination, abuse, e.t.c. I don't see HOW my expression of MY personal ideas and views regarding this broad subject can in ANY WAY be equated with those of organized religion as you accuse. I am not here drawing a following to myself, rather I'm merely here to contribute my view to the pool of ideas and perspectives on the subject. I'm a FREE THINKER and as a free moral agent I can decide what I choose to believe as long as it agrees with my mind and doesn't hurt my fellow man.

You asked me for PROOF of my belief in the (at least one) intelligent God/Creator/First Cause (or whatever you want to call it) and I gave you MY subjective view. You are free to reject it, but at least I have provided the basis for my belief.

Life coming from life don't require special scientific prove, you see it happen everyday and everywhere. Your mother gave birth to you and you see other animals replicate itself, it is a demonstrable proof.

Or are you saying that there is life somewhere that gave birth to the first life on earth right? If.... Is it dark or white, where is the place we can find it, who created it or how did it form?

Speculating on whether the original LIFE that "gave birth to first life on earth" did so via our natural understanding of birth or not would be a mere academic exercise. I did say in an earlier post that I am of the view that the Original Creator of life has, for whatever reason, HIDDEN himself from his creation -- that is MY personal theory. And I think that man can only know as far as his 5 senses would permit. However, I feel that there indeed may be a missing dimension to knowledge acquisition than man's senses are unable to perceive -- some call it a 'spiritual' dimension. I do not know. Look, my knowledge and understanding are progressing as I'm presented with more facts and what I consider to be satisfactory proofs to my mind.

Bro, you don't have to invent any inexplicable deity from your brain because it seems to you that there must be a higher being that is capable of creating the immensity of everything without explanation of how the stuff is, the mechanisms it employed in creating things. It is illusionary and and delusional.

You never proven any thing, start the remaining more 3.
Your proves must have demonstrable mechanisms or explanations that another person can see through it and do the same thing if you ever care whether or not your belief is a fact and not a delusion.

Dude, You are VERY ENTITLED to consider my beliefs a delusion. The fact that humanity cannot have a uniform understanding of a complex subject such as the origin of life and man is enough proof, to my mind, that the original creator of man, was deliberate in making us all free moral agents. I repeat that I am not here to gain a following. I am to learn and also share my personal views on religion amongst other subjects.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Weah96: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2015
dd12345:

christianity is not a religion ...not a set of dos and donts...its a way of life...its a personal relationship with God...thats a want you to seek for...the bible ye shall find me when you seek me with all your heart...

i was once in your state few years ago...confused...not knowing what to believe again...saw so many contrdictions in the scripture and no body to explain it to me...THANK GOD I FOUND GOD AT LAST...you too can find God and have a deep relationship with him...just like you know your mum and no outsider will be able to describe her better to you more than you know her...just the same away...

AND IF YOU ARE IN LAGOS...I CAN LEAD YOU TO WHERE AND HOW YOU CAN DEVELOP PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD...

If not for the threat of mob violence, I could disgrace EVERY single MOG in Lagos as a bunch of lying criminals.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by oluwalfa: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2015
bananaboi:

please advise me, I want to practice christianity and still have my senses intact undecided

lol
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by oluwalfa: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2015
op, you are on the right path.
Lord Satan salutes you.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Redlyn: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
UyiIredia:
First off, being agnostic isn't a position. You can be agnostic and still be a theist, a deist or an atheist. That said, being a Christian doesn't mean you must believe every Tom, Dick and Harry with a Bible that claims to work miracles.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the thread so far but agnosticism is a valid position on its own without being attached to any belief. There are pure agnostics that do not identify with either atheism or theism.
Agnosticism means the existence of god is unknown (weak agnosticism) and possibly unknowable (strong agnosticism).
So it is possible to neither believe nor disbelief in God by virtue of your agnosticism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Weah96: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2015
oluwalfa:
op, you are on the right path.
Lord Satan salutes you.

Lord Satan is evidence of his friend Yahweh. If you see one, you've seen the other. Problem is, they're both playing hide and seek, with your sanity in the middle. You will only see humans on this planet.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by UyiIredia(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Redlyn:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the thread so far but agnosticism is a valid position on its own without being attached to any belief. There are pure agnostics that do not identify with either atheism or theism.
Agnosticism means the existence of god is unknown (weak agnosticism) and possibly unknowable (strong agnosticism).
So it is possible to neither believe nor disbelief in God by virtue of your agnosticism.

It isn't a position precisely because of that. If you claim that God is unknown or unknowable, you haven't told me whether you believe in God or not. It's not uncommon for Christians to say God is unknowable or mysterious. And As I said, deists and atheists can be agnostic about their belief or lack of. So if one claims to be agnostic, the question of what type of agnostic the person is, agnostic theist, deist or atheist and unfortunately many so-called agnostics are atheists who don't believe in a God.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by winner01(m): 12:53am On Jul 30, 2015
Thoniameek:

Bro, I've been there before

Here was what I did

* I stopped attending church, all churches (by churches I mean denominations), but once in a while I attented scriptures Union, which is nondenominational fellowship

* I bought for myself three bibles,,,,,,king James version, Goodnews and new international version. I read for myself the entire bible in a year and dwelled more on the book of Romans, John, the Corinthians, Ephesians

* I surfed the internet asking questions, Google for instance and YouTube, on YouTube you can subscribe to Jefferson Bethke or follow him on Facebook

* If you're not too scared, read some articles written by atheist, gave me hope. Spend time on their blogs (not the ones on nairaland, them be learners, especially davien) foreign ones

* Follow what you've believed, no matter what anyone tells you,,,,,,,,,,,,, that's if you're not already an atheist by then wink

Jesus loves you......
even johnydon22, menehseh, weah96....learners...all of them
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by winner01(m): 1:05am On Jul 30, 2015
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; Now choose life, so that you and your children may
live mr babanaboi.........

www.nairaland.com/2474302/most-committed-atheists-once-chtistians

Jesus loves you..

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Redlyn: 11:49am On Jul 30, 2015
UyiIredia:

It isn't a position precisely because of that. If you claim that God is unknown or unknowable, you haven't told me whether you believe in God or not. It's not uncommon for Christians to say God is unknowable or mysterious. And As I said, deists and atheists can be agnostic about their belief or lack of. So if one claims to be agnostic, the question of what type of agnostic the person is, agnostic theist, deist or atheist and unfortunately many so-called agnostics are atheists who don't believe in a God.

That is because you consider that there are only 2 positions, left or right and choose to ignore dead center.
ie. I neither believe nor disbelieve because I don't know.
Technically you could call such a person an atheist (implicit), in the same way a baby is also an implicit atheist. But if we are talking about explicit positions, it is simply Agnostic. I have been through being agnostic before I fully embraced my lack of belief and now I am a fully fledged atheist / agnostic atheist.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by UyiIredia(m): 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
Redlyn:

That is because you consider that there are only 2 positions, left or right and choose to ignore dead center.
ie. I neither believe nor disbelieve because I don't know.
Technically you could call such a person an atheist (implicit), in the same way a baby is also an implicit atheist. But if we are talking about explicit positions, it is simply Agnostic. I have been through being agnostic before I fully embraced my lack of belief and now I am a fully fledged atheist / agnostic atheist.

There is no dead center in this issue. You either believe in God or you don't. Babies aren't atheists, using your logic animals and rocks are atheists which is silly.
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Redlyn: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
UyiIredia:

There is no dead center in this issue. You either believe in God or you don't. Babies aren't atheists, using your logic animals and rocks are atheists which is silly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_and_explicit_atheism
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2015
afroniger:

I don't know whether it's one god or more than one. But I've proven it, satisfactorily to my own mind, that man was indeed created (most likely as an ongoing experiment) by [an] intelligent being(s). I'll try and explain why I think so. Quoting from an article titled, "Can Life Arise from Non-Life". (http://web.csulb.edu/~jmastrop/PDF/RediPasteurListTyndall.pdf)

You can visit the link and learn more.

That right there is SCIENTIFIC proof that Life can only come from Life -- For man to have life and breath, to actually be alive, that life had to be imparted from ANOTHER LIFE(-BEING). There's a LIFE SOURCE somewhere, even if unseen.

Also, I'm sure you'll admit that the transmission of knowledge to your mind is limited to the channels of your five senses -- sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing. Look at the planets in the sky, they are inanimate, they have no mind, no intelligence. They can't do what you and I can do -- think, reason, plan and carry out plans according to private volition and will. Our human minds can know, think, reason, plan and carry out its plans to execution. It can invent and produce instruments for the acquisition of even more knowledge of the vast universe, or of the minutest particle, e.t.c. He can cause rivers to run backward, turn the forces of nature to serving human needs. But there remains one thing no man ever has been able to do. He cannot build, make, produce, or create anything that is superior to himself -- a computer doesn't even come close, neither is the so-called 'artificial intelligence'. In short, no matter what man builds, he can control, override, and even destroy it coz he CREATED IT.
To suggest to myself that anything man can invent, make, build, or bring into being could be superior in intelligence and ability to the human mind that created it, would certainly insult the human intelligence. At least so far man has yet to attain such a feat. Now, in light of this simple fact, do you honestly believe that any power or force of lesser intelligence than your own mind could have produced you as an intelligent being? Of NECESSITY, that mind that produced you and I had to be of FAR GREATER intelligence than ours.

I have atleast 3 more proofs, but I think i'll stop here. Like I said, I have proved it without a shred of doubt that man has a LIVING Creator.

Hmmmm... A breath of fresh air

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
winner01:
even johnydon22, menehseh, weah96....learners...all of them
Hahahahahaha abi?

I agree with you tho, in life we can only keep learning. If you stop learning you start dying. So learning is rather good than bad in this case.

A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful enquiry that can establish truths of great value

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by winner01(m): 12:41am On Jul 31, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahaha abi?

I agree with you tho, in life we can only keep learning. If you stop learning you start dying. So learning is rather good than bad in this case.

A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful enquiry that can establish truths of great value
Almost true, except that the thoughts are more of open and liberating than subtle and in error. And truth seems subjective, at least to the atheist. As much as i want to say you try to make sense sometimes, i read your comments most times and i see empty words.
Buh kudos to you though, you do a bad job contending with believers.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by johnydon22(m): 12:47am On Jul 31, 2015
winner01:
Almost true, except that the thoughts are more of open and liberating than subtle and in error. And truth seems subjective, at least to the atheist. As much as i want to say you try to make sense sometimes, i read your comments most times and i see empty words.
Buh kudos to you though, you do a bad job contending with believers
Hahahahaha i will take that as a compliment from a hurt ego and out of sentimental tilt . . . Understandable
Re: I Am Beginning To Feel Agnostic Recently by winner01(m): 1:07am On Jul 31, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha i will take that as a compliment from a hurt ego and out of sentimental tilt . . . Understandable
poor john, im sorry, but my ego is as good as perfect...and speaking of sentiments, the subtle thoughts are already in error na. as you believe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Bet9ja Was Place On A Church Banner / Why I’m Crazy And Will Never  Be Like My Mother  – Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter / Learn To Be A Witch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.