Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) (50630 Views)

Only Intelligent Ones Can Solves This Maths(photo) / PHOTO: 95% Of People Will Fail This Simple Mathematics / If You Can Solve This Maths, A Financial Institution Should Employ You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by toprealman: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bonethugss:
Hmmm, interesting.
This thread clearly slows why the fail rate for maths in Waec is low. I don't blame the people who think it's 5, I blame our primary education system.
The answer indisputably is 7, anyone saying otherwise really needs extra lessons as this is basic primary school maths...
Principle:
Multiplication and division have equal precedence as does addition and subtraction, so when you have an equation with either addition and subtraction you work from left to right, same as with multiplication and division.
YOU FAILED IT BROS!
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by unite4real: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:
Using BODMAS you'll get 7.

6 - 1 x 0 + 2 / 2

Division first.

2 / 2 = 1.

6 - 1 x 0 + 1

Multiplication next.

1 x 0 = 0.

6 - 0 + 1 = 7.

The answer, my friends, is 7. smiley

Modified: Please... I don't know how to some people, -0 + 1 = - 1? It doesn't.

Added a picture. Google added the rules of BODMAS before solving it... Some people are solving the equation in the order it was presented... Truly 99% get it wrong. :/

guy, do the addition before subrtaction. ie 0+1=1. then you now finalize by saying 6-1=5

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Captain6(m): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2015
Zero
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by prettyrosiemua(f): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
jolayemiafe1:

The answer is 5 joor 6-1=5
its not 5. The answer is 7. -0+1=1, 6+1=7!!!
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by MrCGPA(m): 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
You better use your head and correct your mistake. You don't know the difference between mathematical symbols before and after a number.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Token2(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Answer is 1
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by justmenoni: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Using bodmas d answer is 7
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
unite4real:

guy, do the addition before subrtaction. ie 0+1=1. then you now finalize by saying 6-1=5

6 - 0 + 1 doesn't and never will in this galaxy or the next equal 5.

Do you have a calculator? Use it!

The minus is not separate from the 0!

It's not 6 - (0+1). That would equal 5.

6 - 0 + 1 = 6 + 1.

Please people! Math is easy!
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by raffite: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2015
Here

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by NaijaEarnOnline: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
nijanigga:

chineke so -0 +1 is -1 ? chai dearis god oh.

chai dearis god ooo

the - is not considered at this stage using BODMAS
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
prettyrosiemua:
its not 5. The answer is 7. -0+1=1, 6+1=7!!!

Thank you very much. To some people here, -0+1 = -1
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
do it the BODMAS way.
OK we re dragging here shee
6 - 0 + 1
bodmas states we should do addition first before subtraction, which is
-0 + 1 = 1
Even ur calculator tells u the same thing, so what are we still bodmassing about, of course
6 + 1 = 7
So
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by NaijaEarnOnline: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

6 - 0 + 1 = 6 + 1.

Guy are you saying 6 - 0 + 1 is 7? Please use BODMAS, dont add any bracket. This is simple maths. The answer is 5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by viktor01(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hush.....! On behalf of the panel of judges & my humble self, I declare that majority wins the vote.
Therefore, 5 is the answer.
Cc: case close..!
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by NaijaEarnOnline: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bonethugss:
Hmmm, interesting.
This thread clearly slows why the fail rate for maths in Waec is low. I don't blame the people who think it's 5, I blame our primary education system.
The answer indisputably is 7, anyone saying otherwise really needs extra lessons as this is basic primary school maths...
Principle:
Multiplication and division have equal precedence as does addition and subtraction, so when you have an equation with either addition and subtraction you work from left to right, same as with multiplication and division.

With all your grammer you are wrong,

The answer is 5.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by mrsuccessful(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
7 is the answer since your brain cannot calculate try using calculator or a computer

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
NaijaEarnOnline:

chai dearis god ooo

Who says?

Addition and Subtraction have equal precedence.
It is considered. Minus 0 is the same as Plus 0. Add 1 to that, you get 1. Positive 1.

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by nijanigga: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
NaijaEarnOnline:

chai dearis god ooo

- is considered to know what next from BODMAS. i.e 6 -0 +1 or -0+1 is same as +1 -0 = +1 FINALLY 6 +1 =7
go back and learn number line.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Dollar101(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
CEOconcord:
Here is the ANSWER!
No Isaac Newton can challenge this

It's either u didn't do maths when u were young or u wasted ur fathers money...what happend to the minus...why did u keep it?
-1*0 is equal to 0 not 1*0

Example is -1*-1=+2
U don't keep the minus and say it's 1*-1 or 1*1, then later u bring the minus back, what are u thinking?
Didn't u learn addition and subtraction of
Negatives and positives??
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by mrsuccessful(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2015
NaijaEarnOnline:

With all your grammer you are wrong,

The answer is 5.

7 is the right answer God help Nigeria cry cry cry
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Otunbatrafford: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
The answer is 1.see how I arrived at the answer.

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
sophiadfirst:

OK we re dragging here shee
6 - 0 1
bodmas states we should do addition first before subtraction, which is
-0 1 = 1
Even ur calculator tells u the same thing, so what are we still bodmassing about, of course
6 1 = 7
So
okay, yu r right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Bonethugss: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
toprealman:
YOU FAILED IT BROS!

Apparently this is where there is contention
6 - 0 + 1,

So using BODMAS literally, you performing the addition operand before the subtraction.
What you need to understand is that there are numerous "order of precedence", while the British recognize BOD MAS, America and some other European countries use PEMDAS(Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally).
It stands for "Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division,Addition and Subtraction".
Note, it states addition AND subtraction, the AND means they have equal order of precedence, when working with an equation that has both, you evaluate from LEFT to RIGHT, note the same AND clause with the multiplication AND division.
They both have a clause, you can read this up, when you have a bunch of operands with the same rank YOU EVALUATE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT.
please read it up...
Knowledge is power...

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by nijanigga: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

Who says?

Addition and Subtraction have equal precedence.
It is considered. Minus 0 is the same as Plus 0. Add 1 to that, you get 1. Positive 1.
thank you jare, no wonder there is mass failure in waec. I marked waec for many years in the past.

1 Like

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Horlawale1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
5. Very sure
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2015
If you failed it, i wonder what primary school you went to! Most people learned the application of the rule BODMAS in arithmetic.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
NaijaEarnOnline:

Guy are you saying 6 - 0 + 1 is 7? Please use BODMAS, dont add any bracket. This is simple maths. The answer is 5

You're kidding me, right?

Use a calculator. Type in 6 - 0 + 1.
All the mathematical symbols in the equation have equal priority.

Addition and subtraction are equal. I know this for a fact. Google it.

The minus is not seperate from the zero. I could write it like this: 6 -0 +1.

I could as well write it like this: 6 +1 -0.

Same answer all around. Yeah. You're right. Simple math. cheesy
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by uzo4real(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2015
Using BODMAS.....5
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by mrsuccessful(m): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bonethugss:

6 - 0 + 1,

So using BODMAS literally, you performing the addition operand before the subtraction.
What you need to understand is that there are numerous "order of precedence", while the British recognize BOD MAS, America's and some other European countries use PEMDAS(Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally).
It stands for "Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division, and Addition and Subtraction".
Note, it states addition AND subtraction, the AND means they have equal order of precedence, when working with an equation that has both, you evaluate from LEDT to right, blue the same AND clause with the multiplication AND division.
They both have a clause, you can read this up, when you have a bunch of operands with the same rank YOU EVALUATE FROM LEFT TO RIGHT.
please read it up...
Knowledge is power...

Leave this people

Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
HyDef:

6 - 0 + 1 = 6 + 1.

my brother tell them oo,
Any sign in front of any number owns that number.
I wonder what the zero is even subtracting from one that will change the sign to -1 .
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by HyDef(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bonethugss:

6 - 0 + 1,

What you need to understand is that there are numerous "order of precedence", while the British recognize BOD MAS, America and some other European countries use PEMDAS(Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally).
It stands for "Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division,Addition and Subtraction".
Note, it states addition AND subtraction, the AND means they have equal order of precedence, when working with an equation that has both, you evaluate from LEFT to RIGHT, note the same AND clause with the multiplication AND division.
please read it up...
Knowledge is power...

Exactly. Knowledge is power indeed.
Re: Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) by Gospila(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ever Had A Classmate That Cheated Like This? (Photo) / UNILAG Female Hostel Roof Leaks As Heavy Rain Water Fills The Rooms (Photos) / Scholarship For Faizah Abubakar Who Had 9 As In WAEC To Phd Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.