Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. (43101 Views)

DIY Thread - Homeowners And Supliers / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
kino47:
on that issue case closed, apology extended

You're a gentleman and a fair human being.

Some unnamed cretins on Nairaland should watch and learn how cultured Men conduct themselves.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by BrabusNG: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
3strike:
Watch out for this page........ my thorough review of Brabus CEO NextHome is coming soon. You don't want to miss this if you are building or ever plan to build.

Patiently waiting for my scorecard.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by mufutau55(m): 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
3strike:
Watch out for this page........ my thorough review of Brabus CEO NextHome is coming soon. You don't want to miss this if you are building or ever plan to build.

Who is gonna provide the pop-corn?

Hajji M.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by BrabusNG: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
mufutau55:

Who is gonna provide the pop-corn?

Hajji M.

Me, of course!
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2015
3strike:

^^^

Can't wait!

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 7:00am On Aug 04, 2015
BrabusNG:

Me, of course!

To you, this funny to your clients its just a very sad and unfortunate loss.

4 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by BrabusNG: 7:40am On Aug 04, 2015
Qc1:

To you, this funny to your clients its just a very sad and unfortunate loss.

I need to know the sad and the unfortunate part of the journey. It's not funny at all.

Whether good or bad, we need to be accessed from time to time. If it's valid, it's a learning opportunity for everyone. If it isn't, then it maybe a pointer that you need to re-evaluate your approach or strategy.

So, I'm glad I'm been publicly accessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2015
phorget:
Wow!!... you've done a great job so far, do keep up the good work and may the almighty grant you the financial strength to see you through this project and many more in life...
However, for your POP design, Tiles and Screeding/Painting jobs you can contact us. We deliver a first class job at a very reasonable cost. God bless you.

Thanks.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:47am On Aug 07, 2015
TinoTino:
hello sir lovely work on your project, please for your wardrobes and kitchen cabinet please contact us, view my thread for professional and neat jobs.

https://www.nairaland.com/1957964/corinthians-furniture-dealers-home-furniture/4

^^^

Can you post your best kitchen with marbles and counter top here?

Thanks
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2015
Kitchen

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2015
Another view before cooker was installed

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2015
Another cabinet

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2015
We did this also

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 9:55am On Aug 07, 2015
Lastly

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by kino47: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
please who has an idea how much it cost to rent concrete mixer for a day and how is the contract like do the people that comes with the mixer will be included in the bill and how much will it cost.
location lagos
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
TinoTino:
We did this also

But my kitchen is too big...any more ideas?

Thanks.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
Qc1:

But my kitchen is too big...any more ideas?

Thanks.

Is not a problem sir it means it will have loads of cabinets and the island table will be big size is never a problem it's breed room for creativity

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
TinoTino:

Is not a problem sir it means it will have loads of cabinets and the island table will be big size is never a problem it's breed room for creativity

I like your thought process. A kitchen is never too big for a family, it give you an opportunity to be creative.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
TinoTino:

Yo! I gotta be honest with you man, my wife's in charge of everything that gotta do with the kitchen. We agreed she has 100% decision about designs and equipments. If you can impress her with some pictures...then you have yourself a contract.

2 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I like your thought process. A kitchen is never too big for a family, it give you an opportunity to be creative.

Good one there!

Now let see what the madam say about this. BTW, how much should I budget for either of those kitchen ?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Qc1:

Good one there!

Now let see what the madam say about this. BTW, how much should I budget for either of those kitchen ?

You have an immense edifice so a fitting kitchen is necessary. I have a smaller structure (~2,500 square feet) so my kitchen is a modest 14' X 12' excluding the pantry and patio.

My biggest concern is the level of finish and detail though I've seen some impressive work on here, at least in pictures.

How many square feet is your house?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You have an immense edifice so a fitting kitchen is necessary. I have a smaller structure (~2,500 square feet) so my kitchen is a modest 14' X 12' excluding the pantry and patio.

My biggest concern is the level of finish and detail though I've seen some impressive work on here, at least in pictures.

How many square feet is your house?

2,500 sq. ft house is a very big house. By looking at Qc1 house, it should be around 2500-3000 sq. ft too. Regardless of size, a house deserves good finishing. Kitchen, bathrooms, ceilings and tiles are the most important to me in a house. If you don't get any of those finishing right, the adventure wont be worth it at the end. I have been trying to work with Skimanski to finish my house for me since August last year and up till now I am still waiting for him to do the house. Earlier this year I went with another nairalander and he turned out to be quack. I over spent by about 600,000 naira after I paid him in full, yet the work didn't come out as it should. I had to get someone to correct the work and I ended up paying another 310,000 naira to correct the work. The said nairalander was begging me not to tell other nairalanders because his source of income would be destroyed and his family can't do without him. I got Hajj involved and decided to cut my loss and let go.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
FastShipping:

2,500 sq. ft house is a very big house. By looking at Qc1 house, it should be around 2500-3000 sq. ft too. Regardless of size, a house deserves good finishing. Kitchen, bathrooms, ceilings and tiles are the most important to me in a house. If you don't get any of those finishing right, the adventure wont be worth it at the end. I have been trying to work with Skimanski to finish my house for me since August last year and up till now I am still waiting for him to do the house. Earlier this year I went with another nairalander and he turned out to be quack. I over spent by about 600,000 naira after I paid him in full, yet the work didn't come out as it should. I had to get someone to correct the work and I ended up paying another 310,000 naira to correct the work. The said nairalander was begging me not to tell other nairalanders because his source of income would be destroyed and his family can't do without him. I got Hajj involved and decided to cut my loss and let go.

There's a lot of quacks on here I've been finding out but there are a few good ones. I actually went back into the archives to read many eye popping stories. As I suspected as in your case many folks don't report bad work. Imagine that major artisans on here are being lured to Owerri and robbed but none opened a thread to warn others. One thing is not making a post about poor performance but you should at least warn people via private email, just my opinion. Any Nairalander that does work for me is assured of a fair review and feedback, good or bad it's their handiwork that will decide that.

I pray that we all find artisans that shares our ideas of what a quality job is.

3 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by TinoTino(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
please note my pictures are 100% genuine works ihave done not internet generated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

There's a lot of quacks on here I've been finding out but there are a few good ones. I actually went back into the archives to read many eye popping stories. As I suspected as in your case many folks don't report bad work. Imagine that major artisans on here are being lured to Owerri and robbed but none opened a thread to warn others. One thing is not making a post about poor performance but you should at least warn people via private email, just my opinion. Any Nairalander that does work for me is assured of a fair review and feedback, good or bad it's their handiwork that will decide that.

I pray that we all find artisans that shares our ideas of what a quality job is.

How many ears do you have? Run from the guy you were discussing roofing with in another thread. He was the quack I contracted my project to after telling me he was an engineer. I was about 900k in a hole within two weeks after he was mobilized to my site. We had to pull down complete wood work he did. I had to buy more wood and ended up bringing in First Aluminium to pull down everything and start all over again after he told me he finished his work. We had to pull down the gable in complete. Wood, blocks, cement and workmanship all gone in the air. The work had to be done twice.

How I wish I can open a thread and tell everyone the whole story. I just had to let go earlier this year just to not stop him from eating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thank you FastShipping.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
FastShipping:

Please do not hesitate to name the quake contractors so that others will beware of him. N600,000 IS NOT A SMALL MONEY.

Thanks.]

5 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Spot on!

Please fellas, it's not easy for that hard earned money to come by. Will you be able to go to bed peacefully knowing you could have prevented a disaster?

Help others and God will help you too in return.

2 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
Qc1:

Please do not hesitate to name the quake contractors so that others will beware of him. N600,000 IS NOT A SMALL MONEY.

Thanks.]

He was begging me not to open a thread. He told me his kids are very young and no other way to feed them. He said if I out him here, he wouldn't bother to come back here because his life would be finished. I still have our BB conversation saved for future references.

Hajj is my witness because Hajj was party to it too.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
FastShipping:

He was begging me not to open a thread. He told me his kids are very young and no other way to feed them. He said if I out him here, he wouldn't bother to come back here because his life would be finished. I still have our BB conversation saved for future references.

Hajj is my witness because Hajj was party to it too.

Well I have a strong opinion on you two deciding not to out a bad artisan and keeping quiet.

If this was in the US where I think we're all based you know you wouldn't keep quiet.

But naija na jungle, na every man for himself I guess grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Well I have a strong opinion on you two deciding not to out a bad artisan and keeping quiet.

If this was in the US where I think we're all based you know you wouldn't keep quiet.

But naija na jungle, na every man for himself I guess grin

I gave him advise that I know should help him if he wants to succeed in life. There was no reason to parade himself as an engineer to me or anyone else. The story was a long one and I just let it slide.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by gabbytabby: 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
We owe each other the responsibility of letting them know that someone who is parading here's job was found wanting.

Otherwise it becomes the den of quacks and even the good ones end up loosing out.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Acres Of Land Suitable For Poultry,Crops&Fish Pond In Ibadan*For Sale*with pics / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.