Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. (43068 Views)

DIY Thread - Homeowners And Supliers / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
gabbytabby:
We owe each other the responsibility of letting them know that someone who is parading here's job was found wanting.

Otherwise it becomes the den of quacks and even the good ones end up loosing out.

The so called engineer work was so bad I had to laugh it out. Imagine creating a window in a room without a lintel. Who creates windows without lintels? I was laughing and screaming at the same time. Some people got packaging on nairaland. I fell for his packaging. grin grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
FastShipping:

He was begging me not to open a thread. He told me his kids are very young and no other way to feed them. He said if I out him here, he wouldn't bother to come back here because his life would be finished. I still have our BB conversation saved for future references.

Hajj is my witness because Hajj was party to it too.

I understand you but what if his next victim loose it all because of his incompetence next time

3 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by FastShipping: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Qc1:

I understand you but what if his next victim loose it all because of his incompetence next time

I hope not. I have quietly warned people to stay away from him.

2 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Well I have a strong opinion on you two deciding not to out a bad artisan and keeping quiet.

If this was in the US where I think we're all based you know you wouldn't keep quiet.

But naija na jungle, na every man for himself I guess grin

YES oooo!

2 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by bebe2(f): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2015
FastShipping:

He was begging me not to open a thread. He told me his kids are very young and no other way to feed them. He said if I out him here, he wouldn't bother to come back here because his life would be finished. I still have our BB conversation saved for future references.

so if u caught him in armed robbery, and he begs u to keep quiet becos his kids needs to eat,

will u adhere to his plea?

am never contracting anything to a nairalander then, becos with someone like me with a very limited
budget, a stunt like that could ruin me for years.

11 Likes

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2015
bebe2:

so if u caught him in armed robbery, and he begs u to keep quiet becos his kids needs to eat,

am never contracting anything to a nairalander then, becos for someone like me without a very limited

budget, a stint like that could ruin me for years.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You're a gentleman and a fair human being.

Some unnamed cretins on Nairaland should watch and learn how cultured Men conduct themselves.

Hmmmmm. ..true.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by twinskenny(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
bebe2:

am never contracting anything to a nairalander then, becos with someone like me with a very limited
budget, a stunt like that could ruin me for years.

Well said
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Muyesky(m): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Qc1:
Muyesky, I want this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1410552/security-armored-doors-burglary-proofs/12

Are you talking about the steel door sir?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
Muyesky:

Are you talking about the steel door sir?

Yes oooo

BTW...the house in the pic below that page looks just like mine shocked
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by esoorita: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Qc1:

To you, this funny to your clients its just a very sad and unfortunate loss.

What do you expect from Brabus? The guy is a predator and fortunately for him it looks like there are no shortage of victims for him to prey upon on Nairaland. I'm still trying to figure out a single project that he has executed without a massive fall-out between himself and the client. In a decent environment, he will lie low and keep to himself but being a typical Nigerian, decorum is not a virtue he posses. In all fairness, I remember that you were warned about the risk of hiring Brabus for your project but in your wisdom of granting him a lifeline, you commissioned him to build your house. I'm sure that in retrospect, you regretted that decision but what irritates me is the sheer audacity of Brabus to come on this thread to claim that he did nothing wrong. Fortunately, we still have Builders who are upright and steadfast in the persons of Spyder, Segcymoore, Aventures, Segzy14 etc. These builders showcase their projects on this forum without controversies whatsoever from their clients. I believe that Brabus don't give a damn about his clients because he knows there are loads of unsuspecting victims queueing up to be swindled.
Amazingly, the moderators seems to be turning a blind eye to his evil machinations hence he knows there are no consequences for his actions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
esoorita:

What do you expect from Brabus? The guy is a predator and fortunately for him it looks like there are no shortage of victims for him to prey upon on Nairaland. I'm still trying to figure out a single project that he has executed without a massive fall-out between himself and the client. In a decent environment, he will lie low and keep to himself but being a typical Nigerian, decorum is not a virtue he posses. In all fairness, I remember that you were warned about the risk of hiring Brabus for your project but in your wisdom of granting him a lifeline, you commissioned him to build your house. I'm sure that in retrospect, you regretted that decision but what irritates me is the sheer audacity of Brabus to come on this thread to claim that he did nothing wrong. Fortunately, we still have Builders who are upright and steadfast in persons of Spyder, Segcymoore, Aventures, Segzy14 etc. These builders showcase their projects on this forum without controversies whatsoever from their clients. I believe that Brabus don't give a damn about his clients because he knows there are loads of unsuspecting victims queueing up to be swindled.
Amazingly, the moderators seems to be turning a blind eye to his evil machinations hence he knows there are no consequences for his actions.

^^^

So true!
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
kopell:
This is really scary if monkey can attack doing day. Bros for you coming from west you may need automatic short gun, to take care of those monkeys and other like them. In my opinion electric fance with visible sign will help too.

lol... grin grin grin
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by kopell: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
Qc1:

lol... grin grin grin
Bros you just saw this? you will need one of this bellow to take care of those things and their look alike.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by smiley001(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Truly DIY. Weldone sir.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2015
kopell:
Bros you just saw this? you will need one of this bellow to take care of those things and their look alike.

Hmmmmm....I will take the FL Park 90 for its stability and uzi for its portability.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2015
smiley001:
Truly DIY.
Weldone sir.

Thank you Sir. God's blessed!
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by back2sender: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2015
FastShipping:

Naa Johnny just come friend that guy go be. same traits!
Please we should shame this guys as they are polluting the good ones

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by terrylin0501(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello Sir,
Do you need concrete mixer recently?
We are manufacturer from Wenzhou, China.
Pls feel free to contact with us.

Best regards
TERRY LIN
Email:terrylin@wztianyuan.com
kino47:
please who has an idea how much it cost to rent concrete mixer for a day and how is the contract like do the people that comes with the mixer will be included in the bill and how much will it cost.
location lagos
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by taolut: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Qc1:
@semitunde

The image below shows the level of the house which is still standing about 13.5 coaches tall. The inside is the same level with the outside. The boy in blue is about 5f 11" tall, this gives you the more ideas about the height. At this point, the very first picture I posted on this thread (the raft) is completely disappeared but the house haven't sink for about a year now. The roof was done in February and I've observed the house haven't sink at all (This picture is less then 2 weeks old). My worries is; if I go ahead and cover the floors with marble and part of the wall too, will it sink? if so how much?

I'm waiting for the dry season to do the drainage.

Thanks.

Hi could you please share with me the details of the person that did your external designs?

My email address is angeltiner@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
taolut:

Hi could you please share with me the details of the person that did your external designs?

My email address is angeltiner@yahoo.com

Thanks

^^^

He is currently working in Ibadan right now, I will let you know when he is available. I don't live in Naija but I can arrange it.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by brabus(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Baba Qc1, Merry Christmas to you!
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
brabus:
Baba Qc1, Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks same to you.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
@ babrus

BTW...why did you left out the decking on the main entrance? I wish you had noticed the security vulnerability because of this mistake.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by brabus(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Qc1:

@ brabus

BTW...why did you left out the decking on the main entrance? I wish you had noticed the security vulnerability because of this mistake.

Main entrance? How?
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
The fix...extra six couches of blocks on added before P.O.P.

1 Like

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
brabus:

Main entrance? How?

If you had decked over it I won't worry about bugler braking in through the POP.
Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Commencing the P.O.P.... (still wet in the pic)

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
more.....

my kitchen and dining room.

Re: My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. by Qc1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
work is still on going but the master bed room should look like this....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House / Acres Of Land Suitable For Poultry,Crops&Fish Pond In Ibadan*For Sale*with pics / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.