Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. (47957 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Bioben: 8:07am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
You can tell me that your papa didn't pay your mother's bride prize and now buhari has paid for it too. That is what we can believe because i can see that you are a bastarddd for taking ur time to post this rubbish just to give buhari credit of what he didn't know how it started

U need brain maintenance. ..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Yinkagbo(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
Op you can deceive your mama in the village not us ok because you are talking trash

When I was in secondary skul, each time teachers wre in my clas to teach me something I cudnt comprehend,I will call it trash.......I guess ur brain can't comprehend what the OP wrote up thr...just show it to your senior ones at home,they will explain to u better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by steve6: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Great work my brother ! It pains me to see how gullible the average Nigerian is !

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Kingspin(m): 8:14am On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:
lol, Madman! Boko Haram isn't winning. They no longer have the strength to face our soldiers. As u can see, they ve resorted to guerrilla warfare(Hit-and-run).

And recently, we ve bn recording victories over them(reclaiming of a territory, uncovering some of their hide-outs, cutting their supply routes and all). Well, I guess u are in burundi, so u might hav nt heard.

Cut off and hide outs wetin boko that struck yersterday at Borno state. You recording victory with mouth. The killings must stop.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2015
Mynd44:

True but can we say the last administration fixed them?

Now that will be the question. Show evidence that the GEJ government fixed the refineries, show us the contracts awarded to fix the refineries, how much was paid and when the contracts were made.

Remember they said the refineries wont work until first quarter 2016. This is not even last quarter 2015.

Personally, I doubt anything major was wrong with the refineries in the first place with these news. It was just more profitable to some people to import fuel than for the refineries to be functioning

So if the past administration didn't fix them, who did? A ghost? You APC supporters are so quick to allot the glory for someone else's hardwork to GMB. It's simply PATHETIC. It's on paper that the GEJ administration INITIATED, PAID FOR, and EXECUTED the TAM project. Even GMB has REFUSED to take credit for GEJ's work, yet you're all still keen on giving it to him? Are you scared that without that, it'll expose that GMB hasn't done much? Please the false propaganda and lie will NOT WORK.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by akashi01(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
Op you can deceive your mama in the village not us ok because you are talking trash
even with links to prove it? Are you sane? I have never seen any da.ft fo0l blinded by hypocrisy like you

Better get a life oponu angry
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by donwalexy4148(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2015
GEJ is another name 4 corruption. D most corrupt govt hav ever grown up 2 recongise
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by sirxbit(m): 8:19am On Aug 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

So if the past administration didn't fix them, who did? A ghost? You APC supporters are so quick to allot the glory for someone else's hardwork to GMB. It's simply PATHETIC. It's on paper that the GEJ administration INITIATED, PAID FOR, and EXECUTED the TAM project. Even GMB has REFUSED to take credit for GEJ's work, yet you're all still keen on giving it to him? Are you scared that without that, it'll expose that GMB hasn't done much? Please the false propaganda and lie will NOT WORK.
wailing wailers.buhahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:
lol, Madman! Boko Haram isn't winning. They no longer have the strength to face our soldiers. As u can see, they ve resorted to guerrilla warfare(Hit-and-run).

And recently, we ve bn recording victories over them(reclaiming of a territory, uncovering some of their hide-outs, cutting their supply routes and all). Well, I guess u are in burundi, so u might hav nt heard.

That's true. That's because the 6-weeks military offensive under GEJ TOTALLY MAULED Boko Haram, destroying it as conventional Force, pushed it to the brink of extinction. My problem though is GMB's inability to build on that success. It gave the group breathing space. That's why bombings and massacres, things GEJ had managed to bring to its barest minimum after the 6-weeks offensive, had spiked MASSIVELY. Now Boko Haram is on the rise, and have even taken over towns in Yobe.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Kingspin(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:

You called me a madman. Your generation will deliver atleast two. Ur fast becoming an buharimist we can see what extremists is doing with the likes of Boko haram.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2015
mykl01:

Paul's epistle to the Romans busted with one comment from PMB. Nothing to add
Thanks Maxymillano.

Thanks Maxymillano.

@OP, do you know more than Buhari and his gangs?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:

From all accounts, nothing serious was wrong with the refineries. PDP simply left it dormant in order to loot (from the Budget, Repairs Contract, Attempted to sell it for far less price, illicit subsidy profits, etc).

Now that Buhari is the President (being a former Head of State, PTDF Chairman and former Minister of Petroleum who knows all about our Oil Sector) and with the corrupt PDP out of the way - Everything is gradually coming back to life in Nigeria.

So now nothing was wrong with the refineries?! Christ!! You APC supporters are pathetic! Haba!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by midolian(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2015
Kingspin:
You called me a madman. Your generation will deliver atleast two. Ur fast becoming an buharimist we can see what extremists is doing with the likes of Boko haram.
take it easy on yaself and stop barking. I wasn't serious. Happy sunday
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by omotoyossi(m): 8:25am On Aug 02, 2015
chuna1985:
The reason nigeria is a s.tupid place is because of people like dis thread starter.

I don't even know where to start correcting u cuz ur stupidity is on d high side n ur very confused...

First, buhari has said openly on NTA that he has no hand in the TAM of the refineries, why try to credit it to him.

Secondly it takes 5 years to build a new refinery.

Thirdly GEJ started a project called green field oil initiative (or sth like that) to build 3 refineries in lagos, bayelsa n Kogi(i think), it's on going now and u can't confirm it except u travel around, abeg go n see tinz for urself n stop disgracing ur family. I guess ur from s waste...d people who remain in s waste for their whole lives witout even stepping out n yet claim dat they know d whole nigeria, I wander hw u can know nigeria from being online.

Finally, GEJ is a great man, let nigerians Alwz remember dis, 33 percent of all the federal universities in nigeria was built by him, it took d whole former presidents in nigeria 50 years to build abt 24 fed skols, but it took gej 4 years to build abt 12 universities...

GEJ, our modern hero.
why bring tribe into this innocent threat again..u r a rily stuppid man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2015
Awesome magnificent thread op Image123 chop knuckle but I came late
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2015
donwalexy4148:
GEJ is another name 4 corruption. D most corrupt govt hav ever grown up 2 recongise

Yet Transparency International says his administration was the LEAST CORRUPT with the highest Corruption Perception Index Score TILL DATE. How do you reconcile that with your post?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2015
Mynd44:

True but can we say the last administration fixed them?

Now that will be the question. Show evidence that the GEJ government fixed the refineries, show us the contracts awarded to fix the refineries, how much was paid and when the contracts were made.

Remember they said the refineries wont work until first quarter 2016. This is not even last quarter 2015.

Personally, I doubt anything major was wrong with the refineries in the first place with these news. It was just more profitable to some people to import fuel than for the refineries to be functioning

http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by zeestunner(m): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2015
mykel25:
I can categorically say that OP is ignorant of the truth about the refineries.....I'm an engineer by profession and I know turn around maintenance of a capacity like that won't take one month....OP you based your write up on hate n propaganda publications....you need to know that most newspaper company we have in Nigeria are been controlled by politicians.....in a nutshell you don't have to believe everything you read in the paper,try to do your findings. OP you should have asked yourself the major project the SURE-P was meant for......update your knowledge OP before your go public on such an important issue

Oga engine lol abeg u wey get facts about wetin happn abeg correct the Op with facts and links to match. Shebi all of us the find the truth oya help us in d search for truth oya d floor is yours buh if u no fit you should just shut-da-fork up
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by egift(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2015
ocelot2006:
So now nothing was wrong with the refineries?! Christ!! You APC supporters are pathetic! Haba!

What was fixed within a few months by local engineers was deliberately left undo for 4yrs.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Olaolohun(m): 8:28am On Aug 02, 2015
glamourroudy:
Too loooooooooong........wicked OP,afta a very long post..u still be the FTC....haba!
Wat are u pple really gaining 4rm dis FTC?, I don't really understand.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by SimpleAdeminya(m): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2015
What a very insightful and well written epistle aimed at enlightning Nlanders.
@op, May GOD Bless You A Million Times
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2015
tosmartak:

That's cause he isn't a liar. It's obvious those refineries have always been in good condition but past administration decided to hide under the 'not working' condition to siphon money into their pockets. So it was probably GEJ was deceived all along or he was part of it. (How would they promise us around March that refineries would start working next year at almost full capacity when re-elected. How come they have started working now before the end of this year immediately Buhari came in. Pleaseeeee. #Think

*smh* the way you APC CLOWNS try to twist the truth is truly baffling. Metuh was right: you're all a bunch of liars. Tufiakwa!!
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:
The statement by PMB in that video only strengthens the OP's points.

No one claims PMB made any direct input to the revival of the refineries, and that was the crux of his statement.

The point is that the disruption of the economic sabotage and looting, in the way of Jonathan and co's preference for fuel importation instead of local refining and starving the refineries to make it tenable, is the primary reason for their accelerated revival.

The integrity of PMB is becoming a well all Nigerians can drink from.

Bros, I need us to do an extensive look into this now;
Kindly go through this link and let's talk based on facts now... http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

Cc jaybee3 ...I need you too to open the link...thanks
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by ocelot2006(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2015
sirxbit:
wailing wailers.buhahahahahahahahaha

So says the W@nking Liar
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by MalcoImX: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:
Nice 1, brother.

Some can argue that GEJ should take the credit for fixing our refineries. Its allowed. They can f00l themselves as much as they want. This is democracy. Its only annoying that these pple will blame Buhari for every ill that befalls Nigeria, regardless of where it stems from..buh when good things happen, they ld luv to refer us to the past.

Adeshina was interviewed yesterday concerning this same issue and here is what he said "There is something called the right atmosphere. I believe that the right atmosphere is responsible for the improvements that you are talking about all over the place". ..Now this is what I feel about the whole issue. When the head is good, the body will definitely function well. Buhari as we all know, is a no-nonsense man. No one dare plays "hanky-panky" games with him. He wld expose and deal with you without hesitation.. And that is why things are working perfectly well under him.

What is happening now shows that during GEJ's regime, we had what it takes to fix the refineries... but instead of doing the needful, the cluelesswicked one saw it as another ample opportunity to scam us(Nigerians)...I am sure if the man had won for a 2nd term, the "dribbling" would have continued. And more billions of dollars would have gone down the drain(to him and his co-horts)..

Buhari's victory is a clear proof of God's love for us.
I gave you a like for the bold.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Mynd44: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2015

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Jesusloveyou: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2015
Maxymilliano:
I cannot take credit for the revival of our refiineries - President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ
did u read at all, did u see any where buhari said, he repair it, in case u lack comprehension, ur clueless corrupt hero said d refinery that is in good shape and sound will start producing till 2016, to enable him steal more, in d name of TAM

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by barcaboi(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
u re an imported goat....even with the links u still acting dumb...then I realised u weren't acting; u re dumb indeed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by barcaboi(m): 8:44am On Aug 02, 2015
mykl01:

Paul's epistle to the Romans busted with one comment from PMB. Nothing to add Thanks Maxymillano.
have u ever thought he wanted to give GEJ a soft landing?
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Mynd44: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/ http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/ http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/

Lets breakdown your links to show you how flawed your links are

“Even the $550m is quite much. So, we amortised it over 18 months so that we will be able to swallow it in bits more easily. The 18 months started since last October and this means that early next year, the refineries should be in shape

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

The exercise which started in October last year is for a period of 18 months and it will be completed in the first quarter of next year. “The expenditure of $16million a month had been reduced to an average of $10million a month per a refinery.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

So according to your own links, the TAM has been happening since October last year and was supposed to last 18 months.

Which means that the refineries will start working by early next year but this is August. Not even up to one year. So do you now believe that the situation of these refineries has not been so bad? They were fixed in 9 months which included elections, strikes and government bureaucracy.

Now that they had been fixed in a time of less than a year, how come this has not been done since? Is it because the friends of the government have been benefitting from the importation and subsidy? I know you wont answer

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by engrolawei: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:
This is very insightful. For those needing a brief version, here it is:

1. Jonathan and his Team kept siphoning money through the Budget in the name of Refineries (construction, repair, TAM, etc) since 2012.
2. Made empty promises and claims as it was later known that not of such happened (yet the loot was never returned).
3. To impress us during the elections, Jonathan promised us 2016, if we reelect him and approve more billions for him and his gang.

Today under Buhari the Refineries are becoming operational again with phony back-dated tales from NNPC.

My take is: The Refineries had no problems. It was just a looting channel for the PDP. Today for the fear of Buhari and the PDP out of the way, everything is falling in line perfectly.

Kudos to Buhari. Haters can continue.
Much of what was written is false and you believed it all..As an insider, I can authoritatively say that the refineries werent working up to their operating capacity which is different from their designed capacity. GEJ started upgrading and changing so many things in the system which paid off as Buhari entered, and Buhari has never denied the fact that he cant take the glory for GEJ's excellent actions as regards the refinery. It isnt due to the fear of Buhari. THis isnt PMB's military regim. Its a civilian regime so why should people fear him to their marrows? Things are just falling in place due to the previous government's input, though they also had many lapses, but dont be biased; see the truth and say it, menh.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by mykel25(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2015
zeestunner:

Oga engine lol abeg u wey get facts about wetin happn abeg correct the Op with facts and links to match. Shebi all of us the find the truth oya help us in d search for truth oya d floor is yours buh if u no fit you should just shut-da-fork up

You lack manners and I don't try to enlighten your type.....IGNORAMUS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Life After Aso Rock- Daily Trust / Nnamdi Kanu Blesses Artiste Who Was Arrested After His Return From Spain. Photos / Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.