Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. (47956 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by glamourroudy(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2015
Olaolohun:

Wat are u pple really gaining 4rm dis FTC?, I don't really understand.
In fullness of time...u'll understand
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by jaybee3(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bros, I need us to do an extensive look into this now;
Kindly go through this link and let's talk based on facts now... http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

Cc jaybee3 ...I need you too to open the link...thanks

They kept on making contradictory statements with ferocious false promises

Basically, the link you provided suggested the following:

Contract was initiated during GEJ era (we know this as money was budgeted and appropriated accordingly for it)

The contract was to increase the output (This suggests the refineries weren't faulty but wasn't working at their optimum performance level due to lack of routine maintenance)

They promised to continue refining crude whilst the routine maintenance was ongoing (We actually know they increased crude SWAPs whilst making the refinieries totally redundant by starving them of crude and may have done so to accelerate the stealing of crude and lining of their pockets)

They promised to finish the maintenance by the first quarter of next year (I know there isn't anything unsual about project finishing on time and within budget but we have to consider this is Nigeria where nothing works. The only plausible conclusion is that, the refineries were probably good enough to work at above average capacity but the so called benefactors of subsidy fraud mounted pressure on Diezani to frustrate all GEJ's efforts to revive it)

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Jesusloveyou: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2015
Bioben:

U need brain maintenance. ..
yes, d guy need turn around maintainance 'TAM' like d TAM his clueless corrupt hero give our refinery
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Trustworthiness: 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
mykl01:
[sup][/sup]

Paul's epistle to the Romans busted with one comment from PMB. Nothing to add
Thanks Maxymillano.

Yes, President Buhari cannot take credit for the refineries that are working now because there is nothing wrong with our refineries. Bad governance from GEJ administration prevented the refineries from producing by denying the refineries crude oil to refine.

As at January this year 2015, a friend of my working in Warri refinery told me that the crude that should be a located to the refinery till June 2015 had been sold out. So, there is nothing for them to refine till after the month of June 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by splashbaby(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
Op you can deceive your mama in the village not us ok because you are talking trash
So what do you have to say in contrary? Better do this on time to save your clepto-heroes from going to jail.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Olaolohun(m): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2015
glamourroudy:
In fullness of time...u'll understand
Is there anytin special in it?
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by MabraO: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/

Get lost with ur links
Whenever u waillers re told to provide link to back up ur claims u provide the nation news, punchng, vanguard, Sahara reporters nd u ve never for once believed anything that castigates Jonathan. Only wen dey report news praising him den u say their journalism is superb
Go get a life jare
U guys re bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by arewafederation: 9:04am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:

Nothing was wrong with it. PDP held it down and used it as a means of looting. Buhari's coming has removed the claws of the witches and wizards holding the refineries down.

GBAM! This is a consise summary of the entire issue.

Whoever does not understand this seriously needs a brain check.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by porka: 9:04am On Aug 02, 2015
genearts:
Woooow...

This is probably one of the best write up I have read on NL, very factual and amusing. Kudos to the OP

If I was GEJ, I will hire professional assassins to take out Deziani, NNPC GMD and members of the board of directors because it is very obvious that he was deceived, sabotaged, mis-led, fooled, pissed on. The truth is nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing was wrong with the refineries, all it need was crude oil.

Cluelessness is indeed worst than HIV. Smh

[size=13pt]Dishonesty is a result of imbalance hormones according to a very recent study. Excessive presence of hormones testosterone and cortisol have been discovered to be responsible for lack of scruples in some characters.

Cortisol especially was identified as responsible for the brazenness of unworthy characters. They will go to any length to justify their lies and other unscrupulous behavior. We can see such here in this excessively long winding illogical essay, concocted just to justify the lies that this guy believes.

Fortunately in this matter, even your god, the dullard knows the limit of dishonesty. This is what he said very recently -

"It will be dishonest of me to take credit for repair of Port Harcourt refinery" – Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ[/size]
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by mykel25(m): 9:08am On Aug 02, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bros, I need us to do an extensive look into this now;
Kindly go through this link and let's talk based on facts now... http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

Cc jaybee3 ...I need you too to open the link...thanks

Bro...thanks for this link....you all need to open this link and fetch facts yourself....DON'T REMAIN IGNORANT of the truth.....if you don't understand it then I ll do you good by explaining...stop been haters....say the truth and free your conscience @APC supporters....even BUHARI knew d truth and he didn't try to take the refineries GLORY
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by kodlins(f): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Yet your dear PMB said he has no contribution to the reopening of the refineries
egift:
This is very insightful. For those needing a brief version, here it is:

1. Jonathan and his Team kept siphoning money through the Budget in the name of Refineries (construction, repair, TAM, etc) since 2012.
2. Made empty promises and claims as it was later known that not of such happened (yet the loot was never returned).
3. To impress us during the elections, Jonathan promised us 2016, if we reelect him and approve more billions for him and his gang.

Today under Buhari the Refineries are becoming operational again with phony back-dated tales from NNPC.

My take is: The Refineries had no problems. It was just a looting channel for the PDP. Today for the fear of Buhari and the PDP out of the way, everything is falling in line perfectly.

Kudos to Buhari. Haters can continue.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:

Unless you are providing any other evidence to fault the well articulated and fully referenced details by the OP, you should keep calm.

The Jonathan and his crew were looting money from the budget in plain sight in the name of Turn Around Maintenance that never happened.
I cannot take credit for the revival of our refiineries - President Buhari

enjoy watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Jesusloveyou: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:

Nothing was wrong with it. PDP held it down and used it as a means of looting. Buhari's coming has removed the claws of the witches and wizards holding the refineries down.
where they is light, darkness disappear, witches and wizards bow to God 'sent'

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by darelar(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2015
With this facts, I can still convince my friends that it's not the effort of GEJ that made the refinery to work. but rather, it was due to his dubious act's that makes it not to work. Thanks OP

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by porka: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2015
jaybee3:

They kept on making contradictory statements with ferocious false promises

Basically, the link you provided suggested the following:

Contract was initiated during GEJ era (we know this as money was budgeted and appropriated accordingly for it)

The contract was to increase the output (This suggests the refineries weren't faulty but wasn't working at their optimum performance level due to lack of routine maintenance)

They promised to continue refining crude whilst the routine maintenance was ongoing (We actually know they increased crude SWAPs whilst making the refinieries totally redundant by starving them of crude and may have done so to accelerate the stealing of crude and lining of their pockets)

They promised to finish the maintenance by the first quarter of next year (I know there isn't anything unsual about project finishing on time and within budget but we have to consider this is Nigeria where nothing works. The only plausible conclusion is that, the refineries were probably good enough to work at above average capacity but the so called benefactors of subsidy fraud mounted pressure on Diezani to frustrate all GEJ's efforts to revive it)

[size=13pt]Do you know what TAM or TAR means?

Turnarounds (or TAR's) are scheduled events wherein an entire process unit of an industrial plant (refinery, petrochemical plant, power plant, pulp and paper mill, etc.) is taken offstream for an extended period for revamp and/or renewal. Turnaround is a blanket term that encompasses more specific terms such as I&Ts (Inspection & Testing), debottlenecking projects, revamps and catalyst regeneration projects. Turnaround can also be used as a synonym of shutdowns and outages.

Turnarounds are expensive - both in terms of lost production while the process unit is offline and in terms of direct costs for the labour, tools, heavy equipment and materials used to execute the project. They are the most significant portion of a plant's yearly maintenance budget and can affect the company's bottom line if mismanaged.[1] Turnarounds have unique project management characteristics[2] which make them volatile and challenging.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnaround_(refining)
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2015
free2ryhme:
Jonathan's administration is the biggest scam ever in this country
if Pmb debunked claims that he was responsible for the maintenance of the refineries, and you claim Gej is not either, who did it then?

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by jaybee3(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2015
mykel25:

Bro...thanks for this link....you all need to open this link and fetch facts yourself....DON'T REMAIN IGNORANT of the truth.....if you don't understand it then I ll do you good by explaining...stop been haters....say the truth and free your conscience @APC supporters....even BUHARI knew d truth and he didn't try to take the refineries GLORY

You opened the link but still ignorant to the fact that you probably got played for a fool by the past administration

Geez.... What ever happened to using your brain

How come the refineries never worked for a single day during the past administrations even though they clearly stated that the TAM wouldn't totally shut down production?

How come they increased crude SWAPS and deliberately starved the refineries crude to refine

How come you fail to connect these unanswerable questions as deliberate sabotage by the past govt

Forget politics and be honest with yourself....

This isn't about GEJ but lives of you and those that matter to you!
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2015
Image123:
cc Lalasticlala, midolian, PassingShot, barcanista, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Obiagelli, Egift, Omenka, Donphilopus, Pendy79, NgeneUkwenu, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Aresa

[b]Sometimes we expose our ignorance by arguing from a point of annoying stupidityyyyy...

1)Jonathan/NNPC ditched foreign company(Saipem or what) recommended to them because of COST...

2)In all they saved the country over $1billion(verifiable fact) by choosing local engineers...Remember, its same Jonathan that implemented local content policy that saw the local engineers display their expertise and ingenuity as evidenced in Bonny, Okrika and other such projects sites of both public and private companies... Same policy led to emergence of FIRST indigenous big player like Seplat now quoted on NSE...

3)TAM already began since October 2014, to last for 18 months approximately...

4)Production will be going on alongside TAM... but with target of hitting 90% by the end of TAM...which is 18months...expectedly this is first quarter of 2016...

5)Jonathan doesn't need to release or approve any fund for NNPC as they according to the NNPC act which Jonathan sort to repeal via PIB(remember he did some changes in the original document); have right to deduct both their capital and recurrent expenditures before remitting balance to federation account...So bills for TAM is already taken care of by them...

6)If Jonathan wanted to loot via this, isn't it right that he go with foreign company than empower local engineers

7)If he's a subsidy beneficiary, it defies logic that he would seek to remove same by 2012...which policy though of national good but politically suicidal gave life to opposition then...It's a fact that biggest beneficiary companies of subsidy like Oando, Con oil etc have Jonathan's staunchest political enemies behind them(Obj...Tinubu etc)

coolRefineries TAM is to the credit of Jonathan as confirmed by buhari himself...2016 target date is still the target for 90% or optimal output... Nothing changed...

9)So why the hullabaloo?... why this celebration of ignorance and ineptitude?... why do we show crass comprehension skills and display of academic laziness?...why do we justify the unemployment rate by our mode of reasoning?...

10)Make sure you open and read the attached links before quoting or replying me to avoid my something[/b] cheesygringrin

http://thenationonlineng.net/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kaduna-refinery-begins-production-to-hit-2m-litres-daily-by-october/216233/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by jaybee3(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Do you know what TAM or TAR means?

Turnarounds (or TAR's) are scheduled events wherein an entire process unit of an industrial plant (refinery, petrochemical plant, power plant, pulp and paper mill, etc.) is taken offstream for an extended period for revamp and/or renewal. Turnaround is a blanket term that encompasses more specific terms such as I&Ts (Inspection & Testing), debottlenecking projects, revamps and catalyst regeneration projects. Turnaround can also be used as a synonym of shutdowns and outages.

Turnarounds are expensive - both in terms of lost production while the process unit is offline and in terms of direct costs for the labour, tools, heavy equipment and materials used to execute the project. They are the most significant portion of a plant's yearly maintenance budget and can affect the company's bottom line if mismanaged.[1] Turnarounds have unique project management characteristics[2] which make them volatile and challenging.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnaround_(refining)
[/size]

Dude, forget text book definitions and think practicality.

I have an MSc in Engineering and i know how these things work

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:24am On Aug 02, 2015
Image123:
cc
so After your research, what is responsible for the functionality of the refineries taking into consideration that buhari says he's not responsible
happy viewing

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2015
Happiness87:
if Pmb debunked claims that he was responsible for the maintenance of the refineries, and you claim Gej is not either, who did it then?

Did it occur to you that it most likely could have been a situation where the refineries were NOTas bad as the previous government made us believe, hence no real need to do anything massive?

Read through and see where the OP is going. In all likelihood it would seem we were victims of a huge scam perpetrated by NNPC by manipulating and twisting figures and timelines.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2015
kpolli:
So Buhari restored the refineries in 2 months.... I give up on APC supporters

hahaha

watch this

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2015
StarBoard:

Did it occur to you that it most likely could have been a situation where the refineries were NOTas bad as the previous government made us believe, hence no real need to do anything massive?

Read through and see where the OP is going. In all likelihood it would seem we were victims of a huge scam perpetrated by NNPC by manipulating and twisting figures and timelines.
pls when did the refineries stop functioning, under Obj or Yaradua or Gej

listen carefully, experts outside the country were brought for the TAM, their quotations were too high, Fg thought instead of putting that much to repair, the refineries should be sold out.

due to pressure by Labour, Fg decided to use local consultants (Nigerians), the job started October 2014, with timeline of 18months for the refineries to hit full capacity. By march 2015, based on the work pace, they discovered that the refinery could be ready by first quarter of 18months and they estimated June, but Could not meet the deadline but Was successful in July.

Note that the refineries are not working at full capacity yet. work is still ungoing.

if you know anyone who works in Onne, he will tell you the truth, stop listening to propaganda

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by AKPOSbaba: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2015
genearts:
Woooow...

This is probably one of the best write up I have read on NL, very factual and amusing. Kudos to the OP

If I was GEJ, I will hire professional assassins to take out Deziani, NNPC GMD and members of the board of directors because it is very obvious that he was deceived, sabotaged, mis-led, fooled, pissed on. The truth is nothing, nothing, absolutely nothing was wrong with the refineries, all it need was crude oil.

Cluelessness is indeed worst than HIV. Smh

Wellsaid
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2015
Happiness87:
pls when did the refineries stop functioning, under Obj or Yaradua or Gej
That's not the point.
The issue here is whether or not there was anything wrong with the refineries to begin with.
The refineries stopped working and subsidy claims ballooned to triple their original size.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by porka: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2015
jaybee3:

Dude, forget text book definitions and think practicality.

I have an MSc in Engineering and i know how these things work

[size=13pt]You had your MSc in Engineering without textbooks? That's serious.

Tell us how these things work. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Jesusloveyou: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Happiness87:

enjoy watching

buhari cannot take credit because himself was surprise, how it happened,we don't know, thank God, miracle still exist in Nigeria, all credit goes to buhari for d miracle God perform in our midst, dead refineries and power comes alives within 2months, during campaign i boasted to people that within 2months, refinery and power will be working, so u saTANist should hide ur heads in shame, d same way ur clueless corrupt hero is ashame of his life now
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
buhari cannot take credit because himself was surprise, how it happened,we don't know, thank God, miracle still exist in Nigeria, all credit goes to buhari for d miracle God perform in our midst, dead refineries and power comes alives within 2months, during campaign i boasted to people that within 2months, refinery and power will be working, so u saTANist should hide ur heads in shame, d same way ur clueless corrupt hero is ashame of his life now
you r a fool, for saying its a miracle, idiot, did the refinery stopped working under Gej's tenure, he goat
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by jaybee3(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]You had your MSc in Engineering without textbooks? That's serious.

Tell us how these things work. [/size]

So in your warped mind, the specific design of the refineries in question will be in a text book?

Engineering is not about textbooks...

It's about fundamentals and applying them to specific conditions to arrive at desired outcomes

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Happiness87(f): 9:45am On Aug 02, 2015
StarBoard:

That's not the point.
The issue here is whether or not there was anything wrong with the refineries to begin with.
The refineries stopped working and subsidy claims ballooned to triple their original size.
that is a case of corrupt elements in the system, of which Tinubu's oando company is a beneficiary, the marketers can claim that they imported 100millions tonnes and if they can proof it together with bad elements who are our parents, uncles and aunts working in those offices, Fg have to pay them.

go back and read up my complete post.
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by stexsy(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2015
midolian:
Nice 1, brother.

Some can argue that GEJ should take the credit for fixing our refineries. Its allowed. They can f00l themselves as much as they want. This is democracy. Its only annoying that these pple will blame Buhari for every ill that befalls Nigeria, regardless of where it stems from..buh when good things happen, they ld luv to refer us to the past.

Adeshina was interviewed yesterday concerning this same issue and here is what he said "There is something called the right atmosphere. I believe that the right atmosphere is responsible for the improvements that you are talking about all over the place". ..Now this is what I feel about the whole issue. When the head is good, the body will definitely function well. Buhari as we all know, is a no-nonsense man. No one dare plays "hanky-panky" games with him. He wld expose and deal with you without hesitation.. And that is why things are working perfectly well under him.

What is happening now shows that during GEJ's regime, we had what it takes to fix the refineries... but instead of doing the needful, the cluelesswicked one saw it as another ample opportunity to scam us(Nigerians)...I am sure if the man had won for a 2nd term, the "dribbling" would have continued. And more billions of dollars would have gone down the drain(to him and his co-horts)..

Buhari's victory is a clear proof of God's love for us.
so how did Buhari perform the miracle in one month? Tell us, pls
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by stexsy(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2015
Image123:
In this age of cheap internet, free access to google and other search engines, with online news media. It is unfortunate that many are attempting to twist and turn VERY RECENT History in everyone's face. i will like to use this thread to remind us with verifiable links what obtained in the GEJ administration as regards our oil refineries. In a nutshell(for those who don't want to read long post), the past administration/government lacked progressive direction as regards the refineries. The below facts are things everyone knows even though some choose to forget.

As at November 23, 2012, the news was "Refineries’ turnaround maintenance to start first quarter 2013"

Below are some excerpts from the news report, all are free to read the full report from the link given.

The next month of that same year, December 15, 2012. The story developed k-leg. The headline was "[url=http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-drops-planned-refinery-projects-%E2%80%A2jonathan-must-tackle-fuel-subsidy-corruption-labour/]FG drops planned refinery projects •Jonathan must tackle fuel subsidy corruption–Labour[/url]"

Here are some excerpts from the report.

The above quotes would have been funny if they were not utterly pathetic. It was all mouth, no action.

Ten days later, Christmas day, it was still discordant tunes as regards refining crude oil in Nigeria.
December 25, 2012, News headlines read "NNPC plans to repair three refineries with N152bn"
Some excerpts from the report are in the quote below.

Don't hiss just yet, the drama continues one year later.

November 28, 2013, the story had not improved in any way. The headline was "FG completes negotiations for Port Harcourt refinery"
Some excerpts from the reports are in the quote below.

It'leaves much to be desired when less than a year before, billions of naira were said to be approved and paid for maintenance, and we were expected to have billions of litres of products in 2013. But by November 2013, they were finally completed on selling the refinery without any so called 18.64 billion litres of products derived from local refining.

Enter last year, January 3, 2014. The news had it that "Jonathan hasn’t approved sale of refineries, says Abati" Don't get dizzy by the ding-dong, fasten your seat belts and read some excerpts from the report in the quote below.

So, did anything concrete or progressive happen all through last year as regards our four refineries? [size=13pt]NO[/size]. You can be sure, it would have being in the TRANSFORMATION campaigns. By the ending of the year, last year, our refineries were still hopeless despite all the billions of naira spent on TAM and all the failed promises.
November 24, 2014, News was "Oil slump: Nigeria’s crude refining to drop further" Our REFINING dropped further, the GEJ government did not sell them or produce anything tangible for the benefit of the country.
Some excerpts from the news report are in the quote below.

Quite a grim report, the unpatriotic acts and deliberate sabotage in the past government was unchecked. Did elections, campaigns and a new year improve anything during the GEJ administration? NO

This year 2015. March 3, 2015. This was ELECTIONS month, if the GEJ administration had any hope as regards our 4 refineries, any sort of joker, or light at the end of the tunnel, this was the time they would have presented it. GEJ would have gone to commission it, but even the very tunnel was taken away as soon as there was ever hope of light at the end of the tunnel. The news reads "Lack of support by labour stalls refineries’ sale"
To sell or to repair, to sell or to repair, to sell or to repair, March 3, mini mini mani mo. Well, some of the excerpts from the report are in the quote below.

The past FG wanted so badly to sell the refineries but for pressure from the labour people, and to avoid POLITICAL instability. Elections were coming and they didn't want any Occupy NNPC or whatever similar thing that might have disturbed them politically. It is therefore unfair and even criminal for anyone to commend the past administration for the current and sudden progress, development and production being experienced at the Nation's four refineries.
Finally, to the more recent and popular news about 2016 and the refineries. Any serious person as at that date knows this was yet another unserious promise. March 5, 2015, news headlines said "Refineries will produce 400,000bpd in 2016 – NNPC"

Excerpts from the reports below.

Here we are, its the beginning of August and the reports are that our refineries have started to work. Thanks to former President Jonathan? Really? Reality clearly shows he didn't even have an idea or clue.
so how did Buhari perform the miracle in just one month? Tell us, pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / Atiku Abubakar Meets Goodluck Jonathan Ahead Of 2019 Elections (Photos) / Many Slump At Atiku's Overcrowded Kano Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.