Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. (47999 Views)

"Jonathan Government Was Greedocracy, Today, We Have Criminocracy" – Dino Melaye / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / I Cannot Take Credit For The Revival Of The Refineries - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by rozayx5(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Maxymilliano:
I cannot take credit for the revival of our refiineries - President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ

righ from the horses mouth

who cares about the dulllard op view cheesy

they are looking for successes to attach to buhari when he has done nothing in his first 60 days . other thag blowing billions travelling for fruitless missions

next in line . to distract nigerians from their visionless govt they will say gej ministers shared Abuja

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2015
januzaj:
SeverusSnape food don done......come and see heavy punchlines
Waste of time, Buhari has already denied ever having anything to do with it.
No matter what they do, this issue is buried.
Image123 PassingShot egift are all time wasters.
The dull man in Aso rock knows the limit to exhibit his dullness.

**expecting Omenka's own thread** grin

#wankingzombies

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by PRYCE(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Mynd44:

True but can we say the last administration fixed them?

Now that will be the question. Show evidence that the GEJ government fixed the refineries, show us the contracts awarded to fix the refineries, how much was paid and when the contracts were made.

Remember they said the refineries wont work until first quarter 2016. This is not even last quarter 2015.

Personally, I doubt anything major was wrong with the refineries in the first place with these news. It was just more profitable to some people to import fuel than for the refineries to be functioning
Okay GEJ didn't fix em... Buhari said he didn't! So who fix am ni? Oduduwa? These two are the only presidents between the refineries' rehab and take off! One has to take credit for it!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2015
idu1:
Bacarnista ll soon be writing nonsense now....
[size=15pt]STFU and focus on d "sensible" thread!

Why u waiting for his nonsense thread?
Haba!
[/size]
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by blackpanda: 7:08am On Aug 02, 2015
chuna1985:
The reason nigeria is a s.tupid place is because of people like dis thread starter.

I don't even know where to start correcting u cuz ur stupidity is on d high side n ur very confused...

First, buhari has said openly on NTA that he has no hand in the TAM of the refineries, why try to credit it to him.

Secondly it takes 5 years to build a new refinery.

Thirdly GEJ started a project called green field oil initiative (or sth like that) to build 3 refineries in lagos, bayelsa n Kogi(i think), it's on going now and u can't confirm it except u travel around, abeg go n see tinz for urself n stop disgracing ur family. I guess ur from s waste...d people who remain in s waste for their whole lives witout even stepping out n yet claim dat they know d whole nigeria, I wander hw u can know nigeria from being online.

Finally, GEJ is a great man, let nigerians Alwz remember dis, 33 percent of all the federal universities in nigeria was built by him, it took d whole former presidents in nigeria 50 years to build abt 24 fed skols, but it took gej 4 years to build abt 12 universities...

GEJ, our modern hero.

Its not about empty promises and building universities when the ones existing are dilapidated, underfunded and always on strike! There is no nigerian university in the top 100 upon all the monies pumped and wasted in building new universities.
The building of those universities was nothing but an avenue to siphon money! Simple!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by egift(m): 7:08am On Aug 02, 2015
PAINGAIN:
I still don'tw why u people keep harassing jonathan. If he didn't fix d refineries then who did? Did buhari do it in 2months? We all know that by may 29 the refineries were almost ready to start working. U people can twist and turn it whichever way u want but until u guys bring proof that jonathan didn't do anything at d refinery and also proof that buhari did then u guys r just being pathetic. Even buhari that u guys keep saying he did d work has come out to say that he can't take credit for the refineries. Let jona be.

From all accounts, nothing serious was wrong with the refineries. PDP simply left it dormant in order to loot (from the Budget, Repairs Contract, Attempted to sell it for far less price, illicit subsidy profits, etc).

Now that Buhari is the President (being a former Head of State, PTDF Chairman and former Minister of Petroleum who knows all about our Oil Sector) and with the corrupt PDP out of the way - Everything is gradually coming back to life in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Mynd44: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2015
PRYCE:
Okay GEJ didn't fix em... Buhari said he didn't! So who fix am ni? Oduduwa? These two are the only presidents between the refineries' rehab and take off! One has to take credit for it!
Here is another side tk the story.

The refineries did not need much to be fixed but people were making so much from the subsidy and importing of fuel that they preferred that the refineries not working

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by egift(m): 7:11am On Aug 02, 2015
PRYCE:

Nothing was wrong with it. PDP held it down and used it as a means of looting. Buhari's coming has removed the claws of the witches and wizards holding the refineries down.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by jaybee3(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2015
onatisi:
Early morning like this and some people have taken their precious irredeemable time to be discussing gej ,who is most likely having a wonderful time with his wife
in a nice mansion. Nawa ooooo.

He is relaxing in his nice mansion whilst Nigerians still wallow in abject poverty

Yeah i get it, it's no longer his problem even though he was probably one of the few that contributed to it

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by idu1(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2015
lagmostkuit:

[size=15pt]STFU and focus on d "sensible" thread!

Why u waiting for his nonsense thread?
Haba!
[/size]
Are you older than me?

Pls i want to sleep small I dey come....
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:13am On Aug 02, 2015
I keep showing my joy over the loss of Jonathan. He was a disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Gidiboss89(m): 7:13am On Aug 02, 2015
Kai op na wah to you ooo what's the long story about pls.... Toe and finger Nail dryer for ladies available holla 08061197484
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by rozayx5(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:

Nothing was wrong with it. PDP held it down and used it as a means of looting. Buhari's coming has removed the claws of the witches and wizards holding the refineries down.

we will defeat BH in2 months?

U guys lookong for cheap propaganda. the real work and campaign promises u r running from grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Kingspin(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2015
Image123:
cc Lalasticlala, midolian, PassingShot, barcanista, Whynotthetruth, Dearpreye, Firefire, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Obiagelli, Egift, Omenka, Donphilopus, Pendy79, NgeneUkwenu, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Aresa
Image 123 will soon tell us na Jonathan returned to Benin Republic not Buhari. Some buharimist always given us irrelevant talks (bygones) People are been killed daily by boko haram ur here typing 123.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by midolian(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2015
Kingspin:
Ok. Is the same atmosphere for boko haram i guess. Infact some people can be funnier then monkey.
lol, Madman! Boko Haram isn't winning. They no longer have the strength to face our soldiers. As u can see, they ve resorted to guerrilla warfare(Hit-and-run).

And recently, we ve bn recording victories over them(reclaiming of a territory, uncovering some of their hide-outs, cutting their supply routes and all). Well, I guess u are in burundi, so u might hav nt heard.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Whylagos: 7:19am On Aug 02, 2015
OGA, WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL CAMPAINING? ELECTIONS ARE OVER AND CAMPAIN ALSO OVER. LET'S SEE THE MANIFESTATION OF YOUR PROMISES AND STOP LOOKING FOR EXCUSES FOR FAILURE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by anonimi: 7:20am On Aug 02, 2015
egift:
Jonathan and his Team kept siphoning money through the Budget in the name of Refineries (construction, repair, TAM, etc) since 2012.
Haters can continue.

The newspapers quoted by your friend said NOTHING about money being 'budgeted' for refineries TAM.

You should also ask yourself why the APC-held HoR and substantial numbers in the senate would keep approving YOUR phantom budget if the refineries TAM was not happening despite their oversight functions and N27 million paycheck

You should realise we are not all under the bewitching, hypnotising spell of APC juju.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by alexlee50: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2015
Why are these guys struggling to give credit to PMB for the repairs of the refineries? Even PMB with his own mouth has stated "I cannot take credit for the repairs of the refineries".is it because they it would soon be 100days and it would be obvious that this government has done nothing. And that nigerians have been taken for a ride? Till date no cabinet, no 1naira to 1 dollar, no welfare payment to unemployed youths, no recovery of looted funds though they have judged people on the pages of newspapers. No policy thrust on the line this administration would pursue on economy, power, foreign affairs, manufacturing, agriculture.by the end of august it would be 100days of this administration, would we say we have witnessed 'change"? Is it because nigerians would see them for who they are and realise that they have been taken for a ride? Is this why they try to demonise GEJ at every given oppurtunity? Time will tell, 28days more......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by shigoslim(m): 7:21am On Aug 02, 2015
chuna1985:
The reason nigeria is a s.tupid place is because of people like dis thread starter.

I don't even know where to start correcting u cuz ur stupidity is on d high side n ur very confused...

First, buhari has said openly on NTA that he has no hand in the TAM of the refineries, why try to credit it to him.

Thirdly GEJ started a project called green field oil initiative (or sth like that) to build 3 refineries in lagos, bayelsa n Kogi(i think), it's on going now and u can't confirm it except u travel around, abeg go n see tinz for urself n stop disgracing ur family. I guess ur from s waste...d people who remain in s waste for their whole lives witout even stepping out n yet claim dat they know d whole nigeria, I wander hw u can know nigeria from being online.

Finally, GEJ is a great man, let nigerians Alwz remember dis, 33 percent of all the federal universities in nigeria was built by him, it took d whole former presidents in nigeria 50 years to build abt 24 fed skols, but it took gej 4 years to build abt 12 universities...

GEJ, our modern hero.

thank you nail it. I tired for my people na so then they display their ignorance on social media

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by izzieman: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
You can tell me that your papa didn't pay your mother's bride prize and now buhari has paid for it too. That is what we can believe because i can see that you are a bastarddd for taking ur time to post this rubbish just to give buhari credit of what he didn't know how it started

If the person who researched and wrote this is a bastard and you who is unable to comprehend and see facts beyond what stares you in the face feel that the only way to make a point is to insult, I cry for your generation.

You can tell how much class someone has by how they respond to issues.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by MIM77(m): 7:25am On Aug 02, 2015
Jonathan's govt didnt hv interest in the refineries, they preferred subsidy payment cos it was one of their main source of sucking dis country. If they programmed or had a glimpse that the refineries wud be functional by july2015, they wud hv used it at the campaigns to score political points. The emergence of PMB did alot of miracles to the refineries, even without laying hands on them. May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Whylagos: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2015
THIS GOVT WILL SPEND ONE YEAR LOOKING FOR REASONS S FOR FAILURE.
AS AT TODAY, THERE IS NO SINGLE STRATEGY APART FROM COMPLAINTS T'S ABOUT PAST GOVT. I THINK WE ARE ON FOR SHIT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by WhoIBe: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2015
Maxymilliano:
I cannot take credit for the revival of our refiineries - President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttD5Tr-c9fQ

The Fear of Buhari is the Beginning of Functional Refineries, so thank God & Kudos to Buhari, without been told GEJ messed up, all you GEJ supporters i am suspecting you guys. Be careful

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:30am On Aug 02, 2015
chuna1985:

GEJ, our modern hero.

Chimeeee!

You mean the Green field refineries are ongoing now?

FYI, I live in Kogi state, Itobe Ofu Local govt area where the refinery is to be suited, I can authoritatively tell you that nothing is going on here.

Stop spreading lies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by anonimi: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:

The OP and the rest of us who share his view have not claimed that PMB did anything with the refineries. If anything, PMB's statement is further indictment on Jonathan and his fellow thieving cohorts. If PMB hasn't done anything with the refineries yet, and GEJ didn't do anything apart from promising and shifting dates, why did the refineries REFUSE to work? Answer: sabotage brought about by penchant to corruptly enrich the oil cabals.

Did you read any of the news reports on the recent TAM successes of phased work starting in 2014 for a period of 18 months full completion

Stop behaving like a dumb, deaf & blind BAT- Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/412x250xAsiwaju-Bola-Ahmed-Tinubu.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Y-v4KXNl-4.webp[/img]
Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by collinsVP: 7:31am On Aug 02, 2015
Personally, I doubt anything major was wrong with the refineries in the first place with these news. It was just more profitable to some people to import fuel than for the refineries to be functioning.

That was the point. Importation of refined products profit them most. You did not hear a few occasions where empty vessels were ducked and recorded as imported products and credited with the corresponding subsidy payment subsequently.

Nigeria is so unlucky with good leadership.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by senier007(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2015
It's allowed, PMB should probe all the contradictions involves in TAM, one minute they are saying things will work the next minute they will say we need to carry out TAM and hence billions of naira will be involve without repercussion. We need to separate the politics from the real job, we can't be taking for granted or for a real without check and balance. I have said it in my numerous post, that the last regime is the worst regime since after our independence, but some few misguided, tribalistic and unpatriotic element are supporting them without concrete evidence or logical argument.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Kenobus: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2015
obo389:
@Op,kindly pm ur phone number Lemi send u recharge card for this wonderful piece of research and info.
I just marvel and smh d way some people just talk,insinuate and peddle lies on issues of the true state of our nations refinaries and how GEJ's administration was insincere abt d whole TAM issue.
infact,it may surprise u to knw that this few piece of info and links you have up there is small compared to the the original gist u can gt from first hand insiders.I will say no more.
meanwhile OP,I dey wait for ur cell phone num.
through out the post I didn't see where Buhari added anuthing to the repairs and GMB said so that he didn't do anything there. Deziani said it that the original builders couldn't come so they will use local engineers. Go and check Indorama, the coy assisted NNPC. Do u know?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
wecan:
Op you can deceive your mama in the village not us ok because you are talking trash
Child of hate. How market?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by anonimi: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
MIM77:
Jonathan's govt didnt hv interest in the refineries, they preferred subsidy payment cos it was one of their main source of sucking dis country..

Since May 29 has Buhari stopped paying fuel subsidies despite bragging that he does not know what is subsidy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Chimeeee!

You mean the Green field refineries are ongoing now?

Very positive, it's on now. If u doubt just ask any NNPC staff around u.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by philips70(m): 7:35am On Aug 02, 2015
PRYCE:

Do you need any professor or soothsayer to answer this simple question? The answer is obvious and already answered by the OP and others who have commented. Let me help you again.

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE REFINERIES. DIEZANI AND CO KEPT DECEIVING NIGERIANS (NOT GEJ) SO THEY CAN CONTINUE WITH THEIR FRAUD.

The thunder that will fire Diezani, GEJ and co is still doing press up with General Burantashi in Maiduguri.

Meanwhile, let me be waiting for my friend, barcanista who is already in the studio producing the normal useless wailing rejoinder to these incontrovertible facts that my 9 months old sweet baby girl know of.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Sule, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri Yesterday(P / A Showdown Between Pdp And Apc Youths On Channels Tv. Did you watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.