Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth (22444 Views)

Christians Was King Solomon Really Wise?? / Someone Posted This About The Bible's King Solomon / About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
there are also historical documents of Thor,Prometheus,Achilles and even Sango online.Go figure!

But it ended up being called and accepted by all as a Mythology init. And besides you can't compare gods to humans. Dude those were stuffs created by folks to worship. There was baal and Athena and all that crap. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

The Talmud has not being called a Mythology. Why?

well, you go figure.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

There are historical documents online you could check up.

And you Can't paste the documents here or show the links?

Someone is lying.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

And you Can't paste the documents here or show the links?

Someone is lying.

Sure why not?

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/history.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm

Please feed yourself. Those are the translated easy to read versions. There is a vast wealth of resources in there. Also Myth vs. facts, Archaeological findings and History of the Talmud.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But it ended up being called and accepted by all as a Mythology init. And besides you can't compare gods to humans. Dude those were stuffs created by folks to worship. There was baal and Athena and all that crap. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

well, you go figure.
The Talmud is book of hebrew religion, myths and legends.

No historian would quote the Talmud as a historical source, because like all religious books, it was written for an agenda, the exultation of a local or tribal deity.

Even the Talmud itself is mishmash of ideas borrowed from other cultures along history.
There is hardly anything ancient about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Sure why not?

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/history.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm

Please feed yourself. Those are the translated easy to read versions. There is a vast wealth of resources in there. Also Myth vs. facts, Archaeological findings and History of the Talmud.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself? shocked

I expected you to quote or link a genuine, academically accepted source, not the Talmud itself.

Silly, it's like using the opinions of children to prove that Santa Clause is real.

Gosh!

2 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

The Talmud is book of hebrew religion, myths and legends.

No historian would quote the Talmud as a historical source, because like all religious books, it was written for an agenda, the exultation of a local or tribal deity.

Even the Talmud itself is mishmash of ideas borrowed from other cultures along history.
There is hardly anything ancient about it.

Well, I am sure you believe Cleopatra and Ceaser existed but guess what? Just like you said, no much evidence has been pieced together for her existence. The only evidence points towards articles from Greco-Roman Scholars. In fact most of what you believe in today concerning history has concrete no evidence.

So historians rely on texts and Archeological findings.

Just like we see here:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100226-king-solomon-wall-jerusalem-bible/
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Aren't you ashamed of yourself? shocked

I expected you to quote or link a genuine, academically accepted source, not the Talmud itself.

Mo.ron, it's like using the opinions of children to prove that Santa Clause is real.

Gosh!

Be smart and check that there are references in those articles.

Seriously!

I just gave you the transcribed version. Gosh!
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, I am sure you believe Cleopatra and Ceaser existed but guess what? Just like you said, no much evidence has been pieced together for her existence. The only evidence points towards articles from Greco-Roman Scholars. In fact most of what you believe in today concerning history has concrete no evidence.

Just like we see here:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/02/100226-king-solomon-wall-jerusalem-bible/

Oh gosh.

Sorry guy, you are simply not an intelligent person.

This is the moment where I even feel embarrassed for even arguing with you.

Kindly reread the article in your posted link.

A bunch of jewish historians discover an ancient wall and then it's viola!, it's king Solomon's wall ?

Where is anything remotely linking the site or the wall to Solomon ?
Zero.

Where is anything, any artifact remotely linking the site to ancient Hebrews ?
Zero.

Did they say Fertility figurines ?
Bingo! There is your contradiction.

The ancient Hebrews were supposedly monotheistic, so fertility figurines ( Asheras ) would have been an abomination in the land.

Therefore, the fertility figurines would have come from other earlier or later Canaanite tribes that inhabited the area.

All tribes built defensive walls around their cities.

Moreso,

More broadly, critics question Mazar's motives. They note that her excavation work was underwritten by two organizations—the City of David Foundation and the Shalem Center—dedicated to the assertion of Israel's territorial rights. And they scoff at Mazar's allegiance to the antiquated methods of her archaeological forebears, such as her grandfather, who unapologetically worked with a trowel in one hand and the Bible in the other.

Amazingly, despite your op about Solomon's trillion dollar empire, just look how you scouring the internet and clutching at straws just to show that he even existed.
What does that tell you about your beliefs ?
They are grounded on stone-age myths.

Now, what do you think of Mansa Musa as the riches king that ever lived ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

Oh gosh.

Sorry guy, you are simply not an intelligent person.

This is the moment where I even feel embarrassed for even arguing with you.

Kindly reread the article in your posted link.

A bunch of jewish historians discover an ancient wall and then it's viola!, it's king Solomon's wall ?

Where is anything remotely linking the site or the wall to Solomon ?
Zero.

Where is anything, any artifact remotely linking the site to ancient Hebrews ?
Zero.

Did they say Fertility figurines ?
Bingo! There is your contradiction.

The ancient Hebrews were supposedly monotheistic, so fertility figurines ( Asheras ) would have been an abomination in the land.

Therefore, the fertility figurines would have come from other earlier or later Canaanite tribes that inhabited the area.

All tribes built defensive walls around their cities.

Amazingly, despite your op about Solomon's trillion dollar empire, just look how you scouring the internet and clutching at straws just to show that he even existed.
What does that tell you about your beliefs ?
They are grounded on stone-age myths.

Now, what do you think of Mansa Musa as the riches king that ever lived ?

Dude I was through with you ever since man, when I gave you the Cleopatra Scenario.

If you were smart like you claim to be, you would have understood what I tried to pass across.

King Solomon still remains the richest King to ever live wink. Why Because God almighty said so.

You have no issue with me but what God said.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

King Solomon still remains the richest King to ever live wink. Why Because God almighty said so.

You have no issue with me but what God said

grin grin grin grin grin

At last, the moment of truth arrives.

So, you have been arguing your faith all along, pretending to be presenting facts. Right ?.

Well well, my dumb little friend, Faith and Facts are two different things that exist in two different universes.

You need to learn that, and then desist from making a public fool of yourself.

Okay ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Weah96: 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

well, you go figure.

Gods are humans, or does Folykaze need to come in and break it down to you?

2 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

grin grin grin grin grin

So, you have been arguing your faith all along, right.

Well well, my dumb little friend, Faith and Facts are two different things that exist in two different universes.

Okey ?

That was harsh sha grin

The guy is only trying to motivate himself and fellow "believers" that their god can bless him as much as he did Solomon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by plaetton: 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
hahn:

That was harsh sha grin

The guy is only trying to motivate himself and fellow "believers" that their god can bless him as much as he did Solomon .

Exactly comrade.

That's why I had to use the big whip on him. grin

This evangelical money-ritual nonsense is causing untold harm in our social landscape. undecided

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Weah96:

Gods are humans, or does Folykaze need to come in and break it down to you?

Let me give you two shot.

Ask the pastor puppet who the bible refers to as gods in john 10:34.

Ask him if he has any idea of whay apotheosis is.

Trust me he will run hiding
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

grin grin grin grin grin

So, you have been arguing your faith all along, pretending to be presenting facts. Right ?.

Okay ?

Funny Agnostic bunch.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
hahn:

That was harsh sha grin

The guy is only trying to motivate himself and fellow "believers" that their god can bless him as much as he did Solomon.

Lol.

Or you guys are Consoling yourselves hoping the bible ain't true.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Let me give you two shot.

Ask the pastor puppet who the bible refers to as gods in john 10:34.

Ask him if he has any idea of whay apotheosis is.

Trust me he will run hiding

Trust me, don't even get started with this issue. It could take us a month before we get finished.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by scarred9jan(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
plaetton:

grin grin grin grin grin

Okay ?

Oga, e don do.... Am sure there is a spiritual fatwa ordering for your head..... if they knew your address...

2 Likes

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
[b][/b]
Jeromejnr:

Why don't you show proof that your great grandfather existed.

When immature folks don't have anything concrete to say, they quickly resort to abuses thinking it will give weight over what the other person is trying to pass across.

I was going to call him immature too you know, because most of the time he writes something, he is quick to make use of the word 'adult', like being an 'adult' automatically makes you mature.

When he that claims to be an 'adult' most of the time whines like a child who isn't getting what it wants

Smh

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Jeromejnr(m): 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thoniameek:
[b][/b]

I was going to call him immature too you know, because most of the time he writes something, he is quick to make use of the word 'adult', like being an 'adult' automatically makes you mature.

When he that claims to be an 'adult' most of the time whines like a child who isn't getting what it wants

Smh

Lool!

Don't mind them that's how they behave. When they don't really have anything to say, they resort to name callings. And even start to call people probably older than them "kids".

The empty barrel they say, makes the loudest noise. grin

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Trust me, don't even get started with this issue. It could take us a month before we get finished.

Oga start pls.

You claimed god is not human while Jesus even refered to human as god. So who is wrong and who is right?
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by hahn(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol.

Or you guys are Consoling yourselves hoping the bible ain't true.

Son, we KNOW the bible is full of children's stories
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by ultrazone(m): 3:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Amberon11: 5:23am On Apr 17, 2016
lol, islamic sympathetics are here again.

pls do your research, King Solomon will forever be the wealthiest person to grace the face of the earth.
Infomizer:

Link to the list?
Solomon has got nothing on this guy mhen
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Infomizer(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2016
Amberon11:
lol, islamic sympathetics are here again.

pls do your research, King Solomon will forever be the wealthiest person to grace the face of the earth.

Good luck with your belief..
I'm no Islamic 'sympathetic' (whatever that means). I don't even know where you got the idea from. Easy on the presumptions, chief!
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by wirinet(m): 6:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Jeromejnr:

Just like we see here:

Are you sane? No evidence Caesar existed? Then who created the Roman Empire? Except you say also that Rome does not exist. Archeological, historical and even physical evidence of Caesar exists all over the ancient Roman empire, From busts to coins. The full biography of Gaius Julius Caesar is available. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
The same could not be said of your mythical Solomon. Where did your Solomon get the wealth to make him the richest in the world? Did he rule a huge empire like Caesar or Alexander the great? Was his small desert canaanite village rich in gold, silver and other mineral resources? was the land rich in agriculture? What was the population of the whole of Canaan during Solomon's time? I am sure it was not more than a few tens of thousands? What did the population feed on in the desert? how did Solomon make money?

1 Like

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by twosquare(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
The richest man that ever lived was neither Solomon nor Mansa Musa
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
twosquare:
The richest man that ever lived was neither Solomon nor Mansa Musa

Let's hear your own opinion

Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by twosquare(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
emrain:

Let's hear your own opinion
Let's assume they all exists...now we've left someone out of the puzzle....If Solomon is the richest man of all time....what about Adam? The first Man who is the owner of the whole earth combined...animals, gold, siver, rubies and name it.....He was the only one...so, what others are now enjoying came from him in a way. Na inheritance from him....including Solomon even though he left no will.
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by chubbyswit(m): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
plaetton:

grin grin grin grin grin

Okay ?

oga give us evidence that ur great great grandfather existed and stop throwing spit here
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by analice107: 9:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
Weah96:
Mansa Musa was the richest man ever, in terms of today's valuation.

He gave away so much gold on his trips that the local economies suffered inflations for 10 yrs.

Everyone had gold, even the homeless people.

But you rather believe the Jews who don't have any natural resource to their name. Even common plantain, dey no get. Ha-ha-ha.

The Word "Jew" burns you up deep. I wonder why?
Re: Checkout An Analysis Of King Solomon's Wealth by analice107: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
chubbyswit:
oga give us evidence that ur great great grandfather existed and stop throwing spit here
Let all of them prove their grand gather existed and stop spiting everywhere Here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?. / Apostle Suleman To Bloggers & YouTubers: Insult Me But Pay Me (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.